• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Core of the Dragon Academy (A Superpower RP)

"Kevin had earth powers, and Rebecca had fire manipulation (correct me if I'm wrong ^-^)"

Actually, first of all it is Andrew, and second he has a power call "Death Touch" which means he can age things with direct skin contact. He's simply ageing the ground beneath Rebecca to make it soft and crumble under her feet to make her lose her balance.

That, and, @OmnipotentOnion, I’m confused a bit. Is your OC a Freshman or Sophmore/Junior.

Some battles, like Kevin’s is taking place in the Freshman class. Rebecca and Andrew’s match is taking place in a separate class, with the combined upperclassmen classes. I’m sorry, if I sound like a bore or annoying. I’m just a bit confused.

a c k

sry usually im on a bit of a time crunch so i dont really have time to do any background reading, so it would probably help exponentially if i got an abridged explanation of what's been happening so far .-.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
@SS-I Never Tia, Clay, and Ryka are in the wrong place because I accidentally put them in the wrong class. Only Laila is supposed to be there. Also @Sarah316 , aren't Lily and Andrew seniors.

Well, during your period of absence I had changed them into Juniors since I didn't want to be soo much older than the other characters in the RP (As there were now no other senior characters). This was a convo decision I made. But now that you're back it kind of makes it awkward...

Name: Diego D'Angelo
Year/Grade: Year 10/Sophomore
Appearance: Black spiky hair with black eyes, tan skin and an athletic, if not slightly muscular, build. Wears a red t-shirt with a blazing skull design on it along with black cargo pants and black tennis shoes.
Personality: Adventurous and fun loving, with a natural tendency to disregard authority figures. Very much a "beat to his own drums" kinda guy who resents his father, and that's putting it lightly. Has a natural competitive edge, especially concerning his "rivalry" with his childhood friend Serenity.
Powers: Can coat his body in steel, granting him enhanced defenses, increased striking power and sharpened limbs.
Bio: Growing up the son of an infamous villain and developing a similar power set did not making growing up very easy. Developed a rivalry with his neighbor & childhood friend Serenity and the two enrolled together to see who could become the "greater" hero.
Current Guardian: Nicholas "Nick" D'Angelo/Iron Icon (Father, pro villain who also has the Steel power. Currently in max security prison) & Mia D'Angelo (Civilian)

Name: Serenity Robinson
Year/Grade: Year 10/Sophomore
Appearance: Long blond hair with blue eyes and a slim build and flat chest. Wears a white tank top with jean shorts and white tennis shoes. Wears a golden locket around her neck.
Personality: Wise beyond her years with a natural talent in academics along with being a bit of a book worm. Can be somewhat of a know it all and a stickler for the rules. Easily agitated by "annoying" individuals & flustered in awkward or "perverted" situations and tends to have a competitive edge despite verbal denials. Resents the fact that so many judge her based off her mother's accomplishments & compare them to her without looking at who she is.
Powers: Generate and manipulate crystals along with crystallized "energy."
Bio: Growing up the daughter of a famous hero and developing similar power set, Serenity was treated in high regard among her peers and an object of her affection (Much to her annoyance). Developed a rivalry with friendship with childhood neighbor Diego and as such the two enrolled together to see who could become the greater hero.
Current Guardian: Rachel Robinson/Sapphire Savior (Pro hero) & Dennis Robinson (Civilian).
Sarah's too new OC's are sophomores, and Andrew and Lily are Juniors.

So, it's a full junior/sophomores class.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Eh, don't worry. I can handle it. Worst case scenario is I go insane and start mixing up character names. I put that at about 30% chance of happening.

But hey, 70% chance it doesn't happen is still passing.

Now this may sound crazy, but I have an idea that might take some weight off your shoulders.

What if I made Kevin's mom a senior teacher? Feel like that would save us some time since she's already a character introduced here.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Now this may sound crazy, but I have an idea that might take some weight off your shoulders.

What if I made Kevin's mom a senior teacher? Feel like that would save us some time since she's already a character introduced here.

Like I said, it's not really a big deal. However, if you want to do this and think it would make sense then I won't stop you. Though this depends on what Crunchy and/or Sky think.

I think it would be fun. Give more excuse for Candice to be in this story and interact with other characters more (Most notably Sky Mr. "I hate tech")

Plus she could easily enough have sent an application in secret when she first came to visit and would be accepted just in time to be able to teach a Senior class. I'd like it, but only if it is cool with everyone else will I do it.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I think it would be fun. Give more excuse for Candice to be in this story and interact with other characters more (Most notably Sky Mr. "I hate tech")

Plus she could easily enough have sent an application in secret when she first came to visit and would be accepted just in time to be able to teach a Senior class. I'd like it, but only if it is cool with everyone else will I do it.

All right, well I see no problem with it. So I'll say you can roll with it though you should probably wait for Sky and/or Crunchy to approve of this career shift like you mentioned earlier.

Either way, I'll begin work on a Senior Student profile.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Alright, here's my Senior character.

Name: Ashley "Ash" Kirkland
Year/Grade: Year 12/Senior
Appearance: Fair skinned girl with long black hair that has white streaks in it. Wears a dark blue t-shirt with a single sleeve on her right side. Wears a pair of dark green long pants and some tennis shoes. Wears a pair of ruby stone earrings.
Powers: (Luck Manipulation. Able to grant bad luck to others and at one time herself, in theory, good luck others and herself. However she struggles with the good luck part of her abilities. And her abilities can only go so far, for there are certain situations where no amount of good luck or bad luck will make much of a difference.)
Bio: Grew up an outcast cause her Bad Luck powers caused misfortune to those around her and she had little control over it. Her mother however sought to correct this issue as she sent Ash to CoDA to learn how to control her powers so she could make friends and become the hero she knows she can become.
Current Guardian: Misty Kirkland/Misty the Magnificent (Pro Hero, uses Stage-show style magic)

@OmnipotentOnion, so pretty much this is roughly the second day. The first day was filled with an apocalyptic battle between a massive super villain and the staff, along with the occasional student. It was massive and the school is now recovering. Today is the first day of class without any destruction. Freshman’s first class is with Mr. Trueno and so he could see what the are capable of, he allowed them to pick out a sparring partner and practice. Sophomores and Juniors have a combined class with Mr. Kinito who is picking names out of a hat to make pairings for students. And there is also a Kindergarden class who us showing off their powers.

The Kindergarteners are
Landon, Sammy, Melly, and Emily

The Freshman are
Kevin, Aura, Aaron, June, Ryker, Cade, Rolan, and Erin

The Spohmores/Juniors are
Andrew, Rebecca, Suzy, Laila, Diego, and Benjy

The Seniors are
Ashley, Tia, Ryker, and Clay

I think these are all the current students.

Err... not to derail you new OC creation trains buuut, how about;

Due to the recent events (Mainly the deaths), a large quantity of parents have been withdrawing their children from the Academy, and thus to cope the Highschool classes have been more-or-less merged between the four year groups for certain classes.

With that, you can have all the characters be in one class, and you don't have to create new teachers and new students.

Though, you could still create your characters anyways. One teacher for 4 year groups would be a bit understaffed. You can even think up new classes to teach. I doubt @Sky5372 or @Crunchy-Cucumber would have a problem with that. Though ask for the Okay anyways.

Due to the recent events (Mainly the deaths), a large quantity of parents have been withdrawing their children from the Academy, and thus to cope the Highschool classes have been more-or-less merged between the four year groups for certain classes.

With that, you can have all the characters be in one class, and you don't have to create new teachers and new students.

Though, you could still create your characters anyways. One teacher for 4 year groups would be a bit understaffed. You can even think up new classes to teach. I doubt @Sky5372 or @Crunchy-Cucumber would have a problem with that. Though ask for the Okay anyways.
You know, that is a very good idea. I'll need @Crunchy-Cucumber to approve the thing too, but I'm on board. Just so long we have enough spaces for the various teachers

I can get behind this idea.

Though I'm keeping Candice as a teacher. Just for the banter between her and Sky and the suffering Oliver will go through.

Oliver: Jerk.

Gotta go help mother with groceries. Be AFK till then. Be back ASAP.

jade421

Previously Sarah316

Works for me, but I'm gonna keep my characters. Though I think it's a solid idea. Got a power point to work on, be back when I first can.

Winged Britannia: You are here to teach Senior Classes yes?

Candice: Of course! Now if only my creator could decide which classes I am teaching I could get started.

Me: Oh, um...:'|

I'm waiting for Sarah or I Never to post next before I make another post. Though I will if they do not after a significant period (Like, at some point tomorrow).