• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Competition Ideas?

ok i came up wit the greatest idea!!! ;D
its a july the fourth tournament (but we all gotta syncronize clocks)
we can have a big tournament and i provide a really rare pokemon that is from ruby/saphire/emerald/fire red/ leaf green/ dimaond/ pearl (any one u want if u win)
if u turn off game on purpose or loose signal, even if u were winning you get disqualified...
here i make a new post in the torunament section... its gonna be called "July 4th Deathmach" (which is the name of the tournament... its not really gonna kill anyone)

the only problem with that? it's an american holiday, and even the americans will be off at a barbeque or something, not sitting at home with their eyes on a plate.

.... yeah thats why i changed the date, and its on the other site (cuz freakin mods and admins keep deleting it here and over at Sinnoh Pokemon Forums , ur post doesnt get deleted unless its dead) plus im a mod there so it wont get deleted as easy as it gets deleted over here (plus at sinnoh pokemon forums the place isnt so crouded with noobs)

.... yeah thats why i changed the date, and its on the other site (cuz freakin mods and admins keep deleting it here and over at Sinnoh Pokemon Forums , ur post doesnt get deleted unless its dead) plus im a mod there so it wont get deleted as easy as it gets deleted over here (plus at sinnoh pokemon forums the place isnt so crouded with noobs)

Well maybe its because you keep saying it,and also this isn't the place to advertise your tourny.Its to give ideas,and i have no idea why you wanna screw over pokemon with syncronize,or status based moves by using syncronize cloaks.

at least thats what i assume the cloak does

Hmm... A few ideas...

Legends Only - Tourney with teams made up entirely of Legendary Pokemon, and maybe starters. Surely, there's enough of them for some variety to exist, right?

Climatic Struggle - Either three-'mon teams, each at a different evolutionary stage, or up to six at staggered levels, like one each at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60.

Iron Trainer - When you sign up for the tournament, you are e-mailed a secret and random set of criteria. This could be as simple as type or level, or a particular move, ability, or nature, or as difficult as having a Hidden Power of a certain type. Who knows? You might wind up having to equip all your Pokemon with Iron Ball or Sticky Barb! Everyone gets different criteria, so you'll never know what you'll be up against.

i like the ideas of all of these competitions, but....when will we start with them? we've been dreaming them up for well over a month, maybe two, so i believe it's time we put one into action.

You should have each each admin take care of a different tourney like if an admin favors baby tourneys then he/she will take care of the baby tourney while one that favors one type tourneys takes care of that

But As for a Pokecharms tourney I think 5-10 admins should take care of that. I believe you should have a Pokecharms tourney where people bring their best teams and battle but if you use legendaries you get disqualified and the person to win the Pokecharms tourney gets a special mention on the top of the pages like where you see Hello____

we should get these movements started now on admin has to take charge and ask who will take care of______

A league would be cool. Could have a set of specific rules the league battles adhere to, and the option to have non-league battles that wouldn't count against rankings as well. As for tourney prizes, rare items, tms, maybe a Masterball for an especially large scale tournament. Or even a Charms event pokemon (would prolly be pokesaved, unless someone has a trainer name of Charms) to hold as a trophy.

Maybe a male (or Female) lv 50/100 tourney, or something. Or, if one wishes, to use 3 No gender Pokemon, (No legendaries) to battle in a lv 50/100 tourney.

Or use pokemon right from eggs, that have a Full or almost full set of egg moves. :p

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
if the freshly hatched tourney comes into play, make sure to ban the use of Dragon Rage, and Sonic Boom... [that attack still exists, right?]

I just like the idea of a first-stage tournament... like the one Mudskipper recently took part in.

• only first stage, unevolved pokemon are allowed
  • non-evolving pokemon are not allowed
  • even if they can be hatched directly, pokemon that can be bred to hatch at an earlier stage are not allowed; i.e. Marill
they can still learn moves as they level up, they just won't be allowed to evolve.

I have any idea for a competition!

I was reading the nem-review and I read this:

#050 - Diglett

A very simple design, but appealing. Quite handy in the early games for taking out Lt Surge, and for digging out of caves of course. After all these years, we still don

We should totally do a mono-type tournament!
I've seen it done before and it usually gets great results and people love it.

The rules are pretty simple.
All of your pokemon must be atleast partially type you are signed up for except for a maximum of one.
First come first serve to reserve a type.
Since there are 17 types, Dragon would be removed to make it an even 16.
Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause, SkamBliss clause...etc...

Just a thought ^^

I always thought a 3 on 3 Dragon tournament would be cool - no Garchomp and Charizard, Feraligatr, Gyrados, Tyranitar and Aerodactyl could be included (although only one of those perhaps). It's open to thought though.

Edit: I've also thought about having a 1st gen pkkmn and moves only - I think that's so cool.
It would be like the old battles, except with better graphics, split Special Stat, held items, abilites, perhaps altered effects/stats of some attacks (and base stats of certain pkmn), and the spc/phy split.

hey i was wondering if this team wa appropiate for the tourney and i need help finding my feind code ive only been on wifi with my cuzin and i dont kno who to talk to to get it
tcm2

ps how do i make my trainer card come up on this

Last edited by a moderator:
Learn how to spell blake08.

Now get sent to the Realm, as you just broke two rules. Asking a question that can be answered here, and really typing in jibberish, which is also against the rules.

Enjoy your stay there.

I had an idea for a 4 on 4 double battle tournament:

-here everyone can have up to 6 Pokemon but none of them can be capable of evolving also w/o legendaries.
-lvl like 10 or 15 something easy too breed and train to
-every mach you have against someone you pick 4 from your 6 Pokemon and those Pokemon are locked in for the matches (best of 3) or match if you want it to go quicker../

Just a pitched idea. If you want to do it i would love to help set up the rules and such...

I have an idea. How about a battle/tournament with pokemon only caught in a certain pokeball e.g. dusk ball. Or you could do only pokemon with numbers (national dex order) ending in 5 or 0 only. Or if you want ending in 3, 6 or 9. Or multiples of 2 only, or multiples of 3 or multiples of 4 or... you get the point.

Oh I vote for one of the Idea that depiro27 had said where we just use one type of pokemon. To me it sound like a great Idea for the next tourney.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Doesn't seem like many people look here or give attention anymore XD

Just wanted to say if you like a tournament idea, give it a post saying you second it. Give a few details for why you think it's a good idea, maybe some changes you'd make to the previous person's post... A lot like is already being done XD

Especially if this next tournament takes off and runs a lot more smoothly, I'll be trying to host more, or assisting with other staff to host more regular tournaments. The ideas here will be considered, and seconding an idea you like will raise the chance of that style being chosen :)

May as well give my two cents on the ideas I like while I'm here:

I like the idea of having a tournament where every person who enters is restricted to a certain type.. with Dragons and Steels banned [overpowered offensive and defensive capabilities respectively]. It's a slight variation on the single-type tourney, and I think doing it like this would attract more people to join. [Most similar to NiceHat's suggestion, but I'd leave it open for people to choose their type, and more than one person can have the same type]

Gardevoir Master is the only one who's mentioned it at all, but I really like the idea of the Climactic Struggle.
Climatic Struggle - Either three-'mon teams, each at a different evolutionary stage, or up to six at staggered levels, like one each at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60.
I'd lower the difference to being 5 levels between each pokemon, and there might be some restrictions on which pokemon can be in each level group.. I'd like to see someone else's thoughts on this one.

Regional Tournaments could be fun as well.. a twist on saying only pokemon from one game. Someone could use only Johto Pokemon, another with only Kanto Pokemon... there would have to be a lot of strings and decisions for this one to work out though. Sinnoh clearly has the dominant selection of pokemon, what with all of the new evolutions ^^;

An [almost] anything goes tournament.. all forms of gameplay allowed. This could annoy some people, but it would show who comes out on top truely in the end. Some more confident trainers could try entering with teams still following restrictions and see how far they get. I say almost anything goes, because I do believe Arceus would have to remain banned XD

Another idea of my own, twist any of the tournaments to be double battle based. Double battles don't seem to get any love at all, and do require an entirely different mindset/strategy. Even if it weren't a tournament with anything particularly special about it, I'd like to know if people are interested in Double Battles.

Finally, is anyone interested in just a simple tournament? Nothing special, just standard regulations to it. I did see one person request it, and some people like things simple XD

EDIT
Should probably throw this in here.. The upcoming tournament has already been decided to be Battle Factory, and that's the only reason I didn't mention it as being one I liked XD

How about an un-EVed tourney?

It would allow options for us Charmsian's that can't EV to save their life =p

no SkarmBliss.

Sounds like more of a rule for other tourneys than a whole tourney in itself.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Another idea of my own, twist any of the tournaments to be double battle based. Double battles don't seem to get any love at all, and do require an entirely different mindset/strategy. Even if it weren't a tournament with anything particularly special about it, I'd like to know if people are interested in Double Battles.

You know I love Double Battles, too, so I'd definitely second this one. It's true - the strategies involved with Double Battles are totally different than Singles, and it's a lot of fun when you really put some thought into your sets, teams, and strategies ^^

And yes, considering I also originally mentioned doing a "One type" tourney, I still support the idea. I think with all the dual-types we have now it'd be helluva fun and make for some interesting, Gym Leader-like teams XD

Now... a Double Battle Single Type tourney, just to get everyone's head messed up!

That'll be fun. :D

I am officially seconding the "Single type" idea, Single battle or double. :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm certainly 'voting' for a Double match tourney. I've always loved double battles but never really had anyone to battle with.

Single type could be fun, and I also like the idea of almost anything goes. I'd love to try out my actual team against some of our members ^^

A general tourney just following the 'Charms' standard rules would be more than enough for me, but Double or single type matches certainly appeal.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Well, it seems that a single-type double battle is looking like a good idea XD

Don't want to get too ahead of ourselves, since the Battle Factory hasn't even finished being sorted out yet.. but I'll go ahead and specify something of how I'd like to hold it.
  • 4 on 4 double battle style.
  • All team members must have one type in common
  • No more than one Dragon OR Steel [not one of each] per team. This means that you may not choose Dragon or Steel to be your type
  • Only one of each weather altering attack per team*
  • Certain pokemon will be restricted/banned of course [Tyranitar, Hippopotas, Abomasnow are possibly banned]

Weather can offer a very clear advantage for certain types in double battle, and even more so in single-type v. single-type battles.. so I'd like to restrict its use to encourage a more diverse selection of types. To clarify what I intend by that rule: Only one member of your team may have Rain Dance, but another member can have Sunny Day [or the Rain Dancer for that matter]
That will somewhat restrict the power of weather based teams, without entirely crippling them or ruling out Castform on a Normal-based team.

I chose 4 on 4 to balance the aspect of restricting weather, and the fact teams are one-type.. but his is more than I'd like to explain right now XD

How about an un-EVed tourney?
It would allow options for us Charmsian's that can't EV to save their life =p...

That sounds good also i had an idea for a ladder like allisbrawl.com has got, you enter in with 6 pokemon and you challenge people(anyone, not tournie style) and then the site will track your wins/losses after entering them in on a thread or something. No prizes maybe like a title for whomever has the best record(s) at the time...

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
That sounds good also i had an idea for a ladder like allisbrawl.com has got, you enter in with 6 pokemon and you challenge people(anyone, not tournie style) and then the site will track your wins/losses after entering them in on a thread or something. No prizes maybe like a title for whomever has the best record(s) at the time...

If I get a regular tournament setup, there's no reason Friendly matches couldn't be included.

It could be theoretically possible to do a Battle Factory like deal, where we can trade you 3 pre-trained Pokemon to use in a battle (and they're picked by each person in a sort of round robin deal, 1 player picks one then the other player picks one, then back to the first player and so on) and then you have to duke it out.

The only problem in this is that it requires the inclusion of pretty much just myself and Katie in the Union Room along with the two other battlers - and it can be a bit of a hard job to get a hold of one or the other of us at times.

Nevertheless, it is a theoretically possible battle style.

A Charms League sounds cool to me, but we don't really have enough active people here to make it like Bulbagarden's or Serebii's, so I'd be happier with a Football like system for it. You battle and you get points depending on whether you Win or Lose (I dunno if draw should be included as most draws in Pokemon are ruled against because of the moves that cause them). So you'd get 2 points for a win and 1 for a loss and you can have a maximum amount of battles to count towards your scoring (so you can have official battles and friendly battles, which wont count towards your scores - but this would have to be agreed before the battle) and then after a period of time, probably 2 months or so, the Season would be over and whoever is at the top is declared the Champion.

The Champion would then get a thing in their forums profile showing this - along with the Season number they won - and later on, there'll be plenty of bonuses available in things coming to Pokecharms for champions too.
Sounds good! I'd love to participate in it!

i like the baby tourney idea ^^
it's like "oooh look at the cute togepi." AND IT PWNS.

i suck at battling xD but i'd like to see the outcome! can the trainers post their pokemon and their movesets so I can get ideas to be better?

It was mentioned a while back about a color tourney. I think that would be good, but it would be easier if everyone picked a different color as opposed to restricting everyone to one.
What might also be cool is everyone gets a number between 0 and 9 and your team's pokedex numbers must all end with that number.