• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Competition Ideas?

It was mentioned a while back about a color tourney. I think that would be good, but it would be easier if everyone picked a different color as opposed to restricting everyone to one.
What might also be cool is every gets a number between 0 and 9 and your team's pokedex numbers must all end with that number.

Both of those sound awesome! I would participate if they ever did either of those.

I really like the idea of a 3 on 3 battle with a specific type. That would be really cool, and I would defintly participate in that.

I really really loved the ideas of one-typed Pokemon team!
I always do that a lot to mine, especially my top 12 Pokemons (See my Sig) .
I'll make one of them the leader and lead the other same-typed Pokemons hahas`` It's interesting Linkachu, I'm looking forwards to more ideas from you ;)

I really like the idea of a Charms League, would definitely join. Also the all one type team sounds fun as well as the same color one.

I agree with GodlessM a gym league sounds nice. And I'd love to join! Maybe forum wars with other forums, like Marriland forums, Serebii Forums, and Smogon Forums.

I came up with this last night when I was trying to go to sleep and failing, and I think it'll be either a case of "nice idea", or "nice idea, but too much admin to do it" scenario.

Sticking it here anyway :p

Tournament entrants would form a team of three. That team of three would have three battles with another team, each team picking one teammate who would battle first, second, and so on. The team who wins two battles would move onwards.

You could do this with any number of restrictions or rules in place, or none at all.

Another is Pokemon of the same type, ie. everyone would train up a team of Ground-types, or Fire, or Water, etc. Dual-types would be allowed. This could even turn into a monthly/bimonthly thing if people enjoyed it enough.

Not all of these tournaments need to be six on six either. 3 on 3 could work just as fine, and would require less energy on our parts.

My last comment is less about the actual tournaments and more about a league... Do we want a Charms League, or at least some sort of all-encompassing scoring system? I'm sure the answer for most of you will be yes, but I'll ask anyways.

And that's all from me for now. Any ideas?

[quote author=Ruko link=topic=1383.msg91270#msg91270 date=1234987927]
Another idea of my own, twist any of the tournaments to be double battle based. Double battles don't seem to get any love at all, and do require an entirely different mindset/strategy. Even if it weren't a tournament with anything particularly special about it, I'd like to know if people are interested in Double Battles.
[/quote]

I like these ideas, I like the idea where you choose a type your team must be based on like Linkachu suggested, it would be interesting to see what combination people choose for their teams based on a chosen type. Yes i would be interested in a league of some sort but don't really have any suggestions about it just voicing support.

I also really like Ruko's idea of a doubles battle competition, doing 2 vs 2 battles would require you to brainstorm a bit with your teammate but it sound's like something unique and fun.

An idea I had been thinking about is one where you do pokemon battles of 6 vs 6 pokemon, but you select 9 pokemon for your stock and in between each match you could switch pokemon in your current team with ones in your reserve.

This way people won't know exactly what pokemon you are going to use in every match, and it would allow you to adjust to another players setup if they have something you specifically can't deal with in your current team. Maybe setting a limit like you can only switch 1 in your team with 1 in reserve each match would be more fair, I don't really know what would be fair in this scenario just an idea I have had that i wanted to share.

Probably Standard rules, no ubers, and 200 people enter, we should probably use a tourney tree/bracket. Have however many battles a day, make it scheduled, allot about a half hour for each battle. and 1hr spaces between battles. As far as people who enter, I'd make it between 50 and 200, so people are attracted, but its still enough to fit in a day. (I'd like to be in the tourney)

I think another baby tournament should take place. I would love to take part in it and I missed last year's. (Wasn't a member yet) I would love to train a Pokemon to level five for this tournament.