• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

The efforts of Aura and Sky were not without results, Kevin instantly felt better and his teeth stopped chattering. Kevin was still a little cold, but he felt a lot better.

"Thanks. Though I was on survival mode the whole time. I never stood a chance." Kevin said to Sky. It was true, result would have probably been worse had it not been a spar.

Last edited:
"Well, it was pretty fun. I've never done combat like that before" Aurora said. She smiled at Kevin and Sky, before walking over to a corner of the room. She then shook her hands a little to cool the area, she was getting warmer and she knew that wasn't good. She quickly returned her body temperature to it's cold, normal state and walked over to the others.

Sky self-consciously looked down at his body, suddenly noticing how close in age he seemed to be to his students for no apparent reason, it might have simply been the handshake that put him into perspective, before saying "Yes. I couldn't really say that was a perfectly fair match. Now, let's even the playing field a bit. I will warm up the floor, enough that ice will begin melting as soon as it touches it, meaning it is much easier to break out of the frozen floor tactic you had before." He made a swiping motion, palm facing downwards, and quite a bit of the warm air outside unexplainably changed course, flying into the building through an open window and under the door. Once all of the warmth had been transferred to the floor around them, it began to warm up, until it was around the temperature that domestic heated floors have, perfect to walk on barefoot. Or in this case, perfect to warm up ice. Sky set up a small current of air to stop the ground cooling down, then stood back to watch

As the area warmed up, Kevin began to feel better. The cold was no longer causing him discomfort. However, Kevin frowned. Kevin understood what Sky was going for, but this meant Aura now had to fight with a handicap. Kevin didn't like that.

"I-I'm sorry. Doesn't that m-mean Aura has to fight with a-a handicap? I don't k-know if I feel comfortable with that." Kevin said, looking down to the ground to avoid eye contact.

"Yes, in a way. She's not always going to be able to fight in her ideal condition, which I can confirm firsthand, so she needs to learn how to be adaptable. Also, I have a feeling you won't want to swap partners, and she had an overly unfair advantage over you, so I've made it so you both have an equal chance."

Kevin thought about Sky's words and replied with a nod of understanding. Wasn't completely happy with it, but Kevin was going to learn to live with it. Learning and practicing under unfavorable circumstances would be beneficial down the road. Kevin could only hope Aura wouldn't be upset over this arrangement.

Last edited:
"This is good, now I don't have an advantage. We're equal!" Aura said, she rubbed her hands together and a cool mist appeared around her. "I need this though, to keep my body temperature down" She said, "Alright Kevin, I'm ready when you are!"

Kevin reverted to his partial transformation and charged Aura. Kevin made it look like he was going for a running tackle, but as he closed in on Aura he jumped over her and landed behind her with his real plan having been to try and wrap her up with a bear hug from behind.

Aura was caught off guard when Kevin jumped over her, then realised what e was doing as she felt a him tighten his arms around her, he was giving her a bear hug. Aura tried to squirm out of it, eventually slipping out onto the floor. Immediatley she felt a bit dizzy, she quickly got up off of the hot floor and surrounded herself with more mist, ready to attack. She ran at the wall and jumped at it as high as she could before straightening her legs and diving towards Kevin.

Kevin didn't expect Aura to replicate his diving attack strategy, but he decided to meet this challenge head to head as Kevin jumped in the air, right at the diving Aura, with both on a path that seemed likely to end with them crashing into each other.

Aura crashed into Kevin headfirst, sending them tumbling to the groulynd, Aura lay on the ground, shaking. She was warm, too warm... Aura jumped off of the ground and raised her arms, sending a hurl of snow charging towards Kevin, she then leaned against the wall, breathing quickly. She produced another round of cold mist, but she could only do that so many times before she was tired out.

Kevin fell to the ground, in pain from his brilliant "jump into a diving opponent tactic", as he took a moment to recover.

Yeah, really could have thought of a better idea than...

Kevin's thoughts were interrupted by a hurl of snow coming right for him. Kevin jump straight up and stuck to the roof to avoid the snow, some of it managed to nip him in the leg.

"Owww...that stings...focus Kevin you can do this..." Kevin said to himself as he began to move along the roof, shaking off the snow and ignoring the sting, before getting in position. Then Kevin jumped to the wall Aura was leaning against to get within striking distance.

Aura held out her hands to create a wall of ice around her, she was weak, she needed to regain strength. Cool mist surrounded her, but she couldn't keep it up for that much longer. The ice wasn't that strong, it could shatter at any moment. There was one way out of this. Aura took a deep breath and melted the ice wall, she then dived at the floor and rolled out of the way, hoping Kevin wouldn't hit her.

"I'm in control..."
"I'm in control..."

Kevin saw Aura generate an Ice Wall as a shield and began to extend his claws. They were no Wolverine claws (A name Kevin picked up when he glossed through Ryker's comics) but Kevin felt they were sharp enough to do the job. However, when Kevin jumped at the wall it suddenly melted in thin air and Kevin ended hitting nothing as Aura dived out of the way and Kevin missed. Kevin turned to Aura, his claws retracting as he faced the ice girl before moving to close in on her; not wanting to give her space to work with.

Panting, Aura desperatley tried to summon another ice wall, but couldn't do anything, the heat was making her weaker. She stood up and faced Kevin, she then ran towards the other side of the room, unsure of what to do. She looked at her arms and winced as she saw burns all over, but she'd survive. Aura ran at the wall and jumped, then straightened her legs and pushed herself off of the wall, a desperate attempt to tackle Kevin.

Aura made an attempt to dive at Kevin again, but Kevin felt he was prepared this time. Kevin jumped again, seeming planning to cause another mid air crash like before, but Kevin slightly altered his jumping path so that this time Kevin would be in position to try to grab Aura in mid-air rather than crash into her.

Aura fell through the air, and felt Kevin grab onto her. He as going to win, she was too weak to put up any defences. She wondered what would happen if she had to battle somebody in a hot area. This was something she needed to work on a lot.

Kevin grabbed Aura, sensing she was finished fighting, before he landed on the ground...making sure and he Aura landed safely.

"Uh...guess I win. Though if this were under more fair circumstances..." Kevin said releasing Aura as he trailed off, not being overly proud of his victory when Aura was fighting with a handicap. Kevin then reverted to his regular form.

"Don't worry about it, I had an advantage the first time, you had it the second time..." Aura said. She breathed deeply and closed her eyes, trying to regain her strength. A cold mist surrounded her as she regained her energy, she opened her eeys slowly and looked at her burnt arms. She covered them with frost and looked over Kevin, she gave a small smile before sitting down and leaning against the wall. She closed her eyes and slowly covered herself with frost up to her neck.

Kevin smiled at Aura's words as he watched her recover by the wall. Aura had a point after all....

"Well color me shocked, you actually made a friend. Your mother will be so proud."

Kevin looked up at the window above the wall Aura was resting against and saw a familiar mechanical owl looking down at him.

"Oliver?" Kevin said, stunned his mother's A.I. owl was here at the school.

"Oh course it's me you dunce. I have to say you performed admirably today. Though I think you should stop using the "jump and hope I hit my opponent" tactic. It's painfully one dimensional." Oliver said, offering his critique before flying down to meet Kevin at eye level.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Lily faced off with her opponent. Did not take her long to trap her opponent with a clever combination of vines, immobilizing opponents was easy enough for her. Lily had enough free time to go over to a cat, who seemed to have not done as well with its opponent.

"There there little one, I'm sure you'll do better next time." Lily said, trying to offer the cat comfort.

Throwing her hands up in mock-surrender Wystria said to herself, "Okay, that's it, I'm done."
It hadn't even been 5 minutes since she stepped onto Academy grounds but she was already hopelessly lost. The labyrinth-like corridors had done a splendid job, and her sense-of-direction now lay on its death-rows. An exasperated sigh leaked from her lips, as she stared at the empty halls ahead of her. At this rate she would get employed as soon as she got out of this maze- which was never. She stamped her foot in frustration, the clicking of her heels echoing throughout the halls. She started dragging her feet in a random direction and hoped for the best, "The headmistress' office couldn't be that far, right?"

Sky nodded, the floor dropping back to its normal temperature. "Good work, both of you. Now, I must leave for a few minutes to take care of something. I trust that nobody will find a way to blow up a reinforced classroom whilst I'm gone, yes? Good." Sky's body burst apart, and the door mysteriously got itself blown open by a freak wind, and closed itself.

Sky flew down the corridors, going for the sound of what he assumed was the new person they employed recently, if what she had muttered was anything to go on. He eventually caught up with her, and reformed in front of the girl. "You just seem to be the slightest bit lost. Need a guide?"

Tia watched the encounter while continuing to keep her opponent at bay somehow. The boy was annoying her enough that she was tempted to shock him. Clay had succeeded in disabling his partner and was also watching the encounter. Ryka changed back to her normal form. She managed to get up from where she laid earlier and nodded to the girl that had come over to talk to her.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Lily saw the cat transform into a girl, she guessed that must have been her power, and decided to properly introduce herself. No reason not to be friendly, right?

"My name's Lily, nice to meet you?" Lily said to the cat-girl with a smile.

"Hi. I'm Ryka." Ryka said. She glared at her partner, who stuck out his tongue in response. "Yeah, real mature." she called out to him in a sarcastic tone. Ryka then turned to Lily. "It's nice to meet you too." Tia walked over to Ryka and tapped her shoulder. She then gestured towards the area where Clay and his partner had tried again. This time, not only did Clay manage to outmaneuver his partner, but had overshadowed him and was making him do the chicken dance.

Wystria tilted her and and blinked in confusion at the person who had just manifested in-front of her. Thoughts of 'where had he come from?' , and 'how did he manage to sneak up on me so easily?' were quickly forgotten at the mention of the word 'guide'. Her eyes seemed to sparkle as if she'd just seen her lord and savior and they fixated themselves on the newcomer while her head bobbed up and down in an overly exaggerated yes motion. She breathed a sigh of relief as she realized she wasn't going to starve to death in the hallways of a School. The very thought of that made her cheeks burn red, and she could envision the whole thing, her gravestone would say;
"Hey lies Wystria Leticiar, cause of death ,'Starved in a high-school.' "

Even if she had 9 lives the shame surely would have killed her 7 times over, in the remaining life she probably would have been laughed to death by her twin. She felt depressed just thinking about it. She heaved another sigh as her attention returned to the person in-front of her, she hoped he wasn't too taken-back by her flurry of emotions.

She smiled a bit awkwardly at him and took a small bow,
"If you could help me find the Headmaster, or Headmistress I would be forever grateful."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Lily saw another girl walk over and tap Ryka on the shoulder before pointing, Lily's eyes followed as she saw a boy begin to do a chicken dance for no apparent reason. Having just missed Clay overshadow the guy. Lily began to laugh, she couldn't help herself. It was funny.

"Hey! Are you gonna let me out of here!"

The voice of panicked anger drew Lily's attention as she realized she left her sparing partner tied up with her vines.

"Oh, sorry..." Lily said with a sheepish grin before recalling the vines to release the poor guy.

Kevin saw Sky leave as he turned his attention back to Oliver.

"Surprised he didn't ask what you were doing here, since only elementary students are allowed to have chaperones." Kevin said to Oliver, the mechanical owl began to chuckle to itself.

"Probably slipped his mind, not that I don't have good reason to be here. I even came with documentation." Oliver said, pulling out a folded up note from its own body to hand to Kevin.

"See ever since your incident in the cave..." Oliver began to explain before Kevin ran up and closed its mechanical mouth.

"D-don't say anything. Not many other students know what happened in the cave and I'm trying to keep it that way." Kevin said with a whisper. Not wanting Aura or other students in class to hear what Oliver had to say.

"Find the headmaster? I think you've already found him," Sky said, his eyes sparkling and a small grin on his face. "Come on, I'll take you to my office." He walked down one of the corridors, glancing behind him to check she was coming

It would seem that luck was finally on her side, the Headmaster himself had come to find her, though she may not have left the best first impression. Well there wasn't anything she could do about it now, so she merely followed.

After arriving back at his house, Sky walked into his office and sat down. "So, if I'm not mistaken, you are here for the Janitor vacancy, correct?" He asked, drumming his fingers on his table. Shooting a glare at the crystal ball on the table, what looked like a tiny tornado slowed down, and stopped altogether. He then turned his attention back to the girl

"That would be correct, but I must insist that you refer to me as a maid." , She pouted lightly at the use of the word Janitor, but her dissatisfaction quickly gave way to curiosity and she began to survey the room.

"That's cool. Never know what to say. People take offense at both since maid makes it sound like you just clean the dishes and hoover the floor. But yeah, I'll try and remember. So, you are fully aware of the things you'll have to do in this job? Of course, keeping the house in order, or trying at least, but also fighting, magical exposure, potential death, ect. There's a full list of the stuff on this." A piece of paper floated into her hand, something looking similar to a contract. "Although, you look like you can handle that sort of stuff. And it pays pretty well too. After you've read it through, just sign at the bottom and you'll be good to go." Suddenly remembering something, the cabinet to his right unlocked itself, the strange looking padlock emitting several clicks as controlled bursts of wind flew into different chambers inside of it, all of them different temperatures, and eventually opening up. Sky set it down on the table, then pulled out a golden pen and closed it again, keeping it unlocked, however. He set it down in front of her, then sat back in his chair.

She scoffed lightly at his comment, but took no offense,
"That would refer to a 'House Maid', and as for my combat abilities ..."

She allowed her voice to trial off as her shadow began to extend behind her. Soon enough It had expanded to twice it's original size and begun glowing a faint purple. She smiled sweetly and she whisked a large scythe from the shadows, and picking up where her words had left off,
"I don't think you'll find any problems."

Having made her point she turn her attention to the contract he had placed on the table. She skimmed over its contents before picking up the golden pen and signing her name. Next she turned her attention back to the head master and with a dip and slight raise of her skirt, she curtsied
"Wystria Leticia , At your service ~."

"Sky. Glad to have you on the team." The ink making up her signature, a dark blue, glowed gently, almost too much to be seen, and slowly formed into a complex symbol on the page, along with changing to a deep shade of purple. Sky picked it up, looked the strange glyph carefully, then nodded and put the contract back into the cabinet, along with the pen, and relocked it. "Come, I got a room for you set up." Sky told her, and walked out of his office, turning right and into one of the spare rooms they'd added when making the house. He opened the door stepped in, and said: "So, how do you like it?" The room was more like a flat really, with a living area in the middle, the bedroom leading off to the right, and a bathroom connected to the bedroom. The main color scheme of it was a rich red, with the sofa, carpet and cushions all sharing a similar color and the walls more of a ruby color. The bed was a deep purple, similar to her shadow (what a strange coincidence!) and the bathroom was, well, a bathroom. Nothing fancy about it. To the left was a staircase, leading both upwards and downwards. "If you go up, you come out right outside mine and Rio's room. If you go down, it comes out near the kitchen and the entrance to the basement. Tell me if there's anything up with it, I had a bit of trouble getting the alignment right. Not much time to test it, since I only built it two days ago." Sky advised her, walking over to it

"Ooh? Who's the fresh meat Gusty?~" came a gleeful cackle, quickly followed by the floating imp dragon herself. With her eyes filled with mirth, she coasted through the air to hover around Sky, scanning the newcomer in front of her. "Ah, so we have a new maid, do we? Welcome to hell my dear, hope you survive the experience." She flashed her fangs in a crooked grin, one that promised mischief in the days to come.

"I hope you don't mind my intrusion, I was just coming back to check up on our dearest headmistress," the dragon was cut off by a loud, resounding thud as if a body had tumbled down the stairs. "Speak of the devil and she shalt appear." Aurrea muttered, instantly her good mood vanished, replaced by an ancient and worried spirit. Aurrea swiftly shot out of the room and towards a different set of stairs leading away from the medical wing. Laying at the bottom of the steps was the body of a none too graceful Rio Reis, who groaned in annoyance. "Girly, I thought it was made clear you weren't to leave the bed. You're in pain, and what happens if you reopen that wound, huh? What would happen then?"

Rio groaned in answer, instead rolling over onto her back, and covering her eyes with an arm. Luckily, it seemed the tight bandages around her torso had no blood leaking through them. Other than some bruises that the headmistress obviously didn't feel, she was still in the same amount of pain as she was ten minutes ago. Aurrea floated to her head, "Rio, look me in the eyes, you know you should not and cannot stand or walk." Still, Rio did not reply, struggling to stand, Rio had a vacant look to her eyes. They were glazed over, dull, and her pupils contracted into thin pinpricks as if she was in a trance. Shuddering in each step, sweating from both effort and pain, she stumbled towards the doors.

Aurrea called out to her companion several times, begging the woman to stop, only to be ignored. Finally, the dragon screamed at her, and Rio's head ever so slightly shifted up. "I have.... get... the dorms..." she muttered quietly, her words slow and slurred as if she had forgotten how to speak. "What about the dorms!" Aurrea roared as Rio opened the house doors. Aurrea snarled, looking towards Rio's destination, and froze.

From the volcano, it was hard to hear anything, but the thick curling black smoke was clear from anywhere, as where the eerie amber flames. Down on the measly wooden pier, connecting and supporting the dorm houses, was yet another inky creature. Mostly around the head, it was black, and by the time it reached its shoulders it looked as if the tar had dripped and dried. Snarling and snapping at anything in its path, a pack of demon like mutts set fire to the buildings and hunted after the children who attempted fighting back. Each one of them had large, veiny ears like a bat, pressed flat to their boney skulls. Large saber fangs were fused to their skulls, and their skin was a decaying violet. They had no muscle to be seen, appearing as skin covered skeletons, and were tailless and had a disturbing lack of eyes. They already dotted the dorms like ants, and more were climbing out of the ocean and sands like undead and joining the teeming numbers.

However, the pack seemed to be moving itself inland, and towards the volcano. Rio snarled at the black masses throbbing below, stepping foreword to take flight. Only, the injured headmistress ended up collapsing upon that step as her knee buckled beneath her. Aurrea looked between her companion and the hell hounds, before screaming back into the mansion for Sky to "get his ass out here" before shooting a last look at Rio. The dragon then shot off down the volcano, heading towards the high school, she had to warn the students before the hounds got too close... If they could just get inside the volcano so they could seal the children safely inside...

"Students and teachers! Please, vacate the premises imiedietly. You know our drills, and newcomers follow your classmates! This is not a drill, head to the volcano and await further instruction! Time is something you do not have if you wish to live!" Aurrea's voice crackled to life over the intercom, panicked and yelling. The dragon quickly fled the office, checking in all wings of the school, satisfied to see the classes all shuffling rapidly shuffling towards the volcano.

Aurrea gasped as she burst outside to gaze along the beach, the hell hounds had at least tripled in size. They all trudged along the sands, closer and closer to the school. Like one massive, throbbing wave of tar, it was hard to see where one hound began and another ended. Luckily, they were still distant specks on the beach, waiting for something still in the dorms. Aurrea had not been looking behind her, for suddenly, a lone scout pounce from the shadows with a snarl. Aurrea screeched, shooting out of the way, and avoiding those snapping, fanged jaws of death. The hound paused, before thrusting back its head in the beginning of a howl, only for Aurrea to luckily clamp its jaws shut by wrapping her entire body around the muzzle. The beast shook its head, its snarls muffled as it dashed into the school grounds, trying to rid itself of the dragon.

Aura's eyes widened at the sound of the announcement. It sounded panicked and many students were rushing around trying to get away. Aura then saw what they were seeing, she could see black dots lined up along the beach, getting bigger and bigger. Aura ran over to Kevin, "We need to get out of here!" She said, hoping Kevin would follow her, she walked towards a crowd and started to follow them.

Aura groaned as she realised something, out of all the places they were going to the Volcano, where it would most likely be quite hot. Aurora sighed, she needed to save energy if she was going to stay awake during this process

"OH DEAR HEAVENS WHAT IS GOING ON WE'RE ALL GONNA..." Oliver said in a panic over the announcement before Kevin grabbed the mechanical owl. Kevin quickly followed Aura to where the other students were running to.

"Right behind you!" Kevin said to Aura, ensuring that he was right with her. Out of the corner of his eye he saw black dots growing larger and larger on the beach. Kevin didn't know what they were, and he hoped they weren't gonna stick around to find out.

Clay stopped overshadowing his partner and looked at Tia and Ryka. "That's not good." Ryka changed back into her cat form, yowled, then made a beeline for the door. "We should follow her example, to some extent." Tia said. The two started to walk towards the door. "Lets just hope Ryka doesn't get into any trouble before we catch up with her."