• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

"Oh woah! It's red!" Ray stated bluntly. "I like it - it matches your personality more!"
He followed everyone inside and helped himself to some tea and pancakes, and thanked Micheal for preparing them.

Ray listened intently as Azumi recounted what'd happened that morning and everyone discussed what to do about it. He was slightly perturbed, however, when Lucian was mentioned as a suspect... Lucian had become a very important mentor-figure to him over the past few months, and Ray didn't want to think that he might've played a role in the attack.
"I could see Byron being a suspect - but Lucian?" he looked down at the floor. "Actually, now might be a good time to bring this up... Lucian's actually asked me to do a bit of sleuthing with him, later tonight - and he told me I can bring anyone I trust..." Ray looked a little disgusted with himself for what he was about to say:
"I trust Lucian, and I'm going with him in earnest - but if you really think that he's a suspect, then this might be a good opportunity to investigate him... you could come with us under the pretence of joining our investigation, in order to keep your motives a secret." In proposing this, he felt like he was betraying Lucian's confidence; but he trusted Azumi's judgement, and he didn't want to let his emotions cloud his own judgment...

"Anyway!" Ray abruptly changed the topic, "I'd love to get started with the rehabilitation now!" he said to Alex. "Where should we go?"

Last edited:
Azumi listened to Ray and knew that Lucian being a suspect affected him. But, she never kept things from him. "That sounds great. I would love to go. Also, there is nothing wrong with trusting him, I support you 100% of the way, no matter what side you choose." She sighed and continued. "I just have to look at a case with a neutral state of mind." She looked down as if apologising. "I will investigate him. Either to find him guilty or innocent. I'm sure he will be innocent though." She smiled at Ray. "Now while you two go do your behaviour thing..." She let out a big yawn. "I need a nap. Remembered to wear the hats I got you." She kissed Ray and went to sleep.

"I know it looks great!" Maker said looking at her hair. "Well I'm ready to go whenever you two are ready. Say... What hats is she talking bout?" Maker asked Ray with an evil smile. She then turned to Alex. "By the way, if you need any of my Pokemon let me know. My Flareon, Charizard and Infernape are great team players. The others not so much. Hey! You should wear a hat also!"

Alex shrunk away a little, trying to avoid the sensitive conversation. He liked making people happy, but doing the opposite is usually easy to do accidentally in these cases. He brightened up when it reached a more happy conclusion.

Adressing Ray's comment, he suggested, "Let's find somewhere rocky along the shore. The ideal place would be one where your tyranitar could feel comfortable among large rocks while feraligatr can splash around in shallow water. It sounded like you had a place in mind last time we talked," Alex remembered. "Before we get there, we should grab some treats. Arcanine didn't eat all of her pokebread," Alex said, grabbing the bag with the remaining food. Arcanine looked up excitedly - she could tell they were about to go somewhere. "So we can use that. Or if you have a treat that you know they like, we can use that instead." Alex stuffed the pokebread bag into a backpack, shrugging the straps over his shoulders.

"When we get there, we'll want to set some pokebread out, then back away. You'll send them out to land near the food. That way, they'll hopefully associate the pokeball with good feelings. We'll allow them to wander around and get comfortable, then you'll click the clicker I gave you and retrieve them to their pokeballs." Alex explained as he finished tying his shoes. "I'm not sure how they'll react to eachother. The familiar company might make them more comfortable, but if you think they'll just egg eachother on. Rev each other up, you know? We can do one at a time. That's your judgement call." Arcanine stood up and joined Alex at the door, along with Espeon. "I'm ready to go, lead the way!"

Edit: Just saw your post, Hekotoro.

"Haha I love silly, er, unconventional hats!" Alex corrected himself to a more diplomatic hat description. "It would be great to use one of your most friendly pokemon for stage two. Arcanine's pretty tired, so the tyranitar and feraligatr might see that as a sign of weakness and attack."

Last edited:
"Wait!" Maker called out as she rushed to the guest room and came back in a sporty outfit. She hugged Otis. "I will be back bff!" She went outside, petting Arcanine on the way out. She let out her Rapidash. The stallion snarled and stomped it's foot against the ground. "Everyone says I look great!" Maker argued with it. The rapidash blew smoke out of it's nostrils and turned away. "Come on Ringo! Don't be like that!" Maker said pouting. Ringo rolled his eyes and turned back to his trainer. "Great!" Maker said with a smile. She kissed him on the nose and got on. "I'm ready whenever you guys are!" She called out.
Nana teleported herself on Ray's arms. She didn't know where there were going, but with Azumi asleep, she didn't want to stay home alone.

Michael sighed as everyone went to do something and plopped on the couch next to Jodi.He got out Tangela and began petting it."I think at least they'll have a scratch when they come back!"He said with a chuckle.He zoned out for a minute,thinking about everything from the beginning of their adventure.
"Michael?Hello!!!???"Jodi tried to snap him out of it.She sighed as it didn't work and switched back to the channel with the documentary about Luxray,since she didn't have anything better do to and continued to pet Tangela.

"O-oh right, the hats..." Ray laughed awkwardly. He got up and retrieved the Totodile and Larvitar hats that Azumi had purchased earlier, and put the Totodile hat on his head.
"Commands respect, doesn't it? My brother's pokemon will have to listen to me now..." he said sarcastically. Typhlosion looked up from his sleeping position on the floor, and found the sight of his trainer looking so foolish very amusing...

"Along the shore sounds perfect!" Ray responded to Alex. "The only treats they seem to enjoy are other pokemon..." he half-joked, "so let's just stick with the bread, for now..."
When Nana teleported herself into Ray's arms, he was hesitant to allow her to come with them at first... but he hated saying 'no' to her, and he figured that Typhlosion would protect her if anything went wrong.

Ray led the group to the harbour, and then off the beaten path along the coastline until they reached a secluded, stoney beach.
"This'll do" he said to himself out loud, as he assessed the environment.
"I'm ready when you are..." Ray said to Alex, and he reached for Feraligatr and Tyranitar's pokeballs.

Last edited:
Maker returned her Rapidash. She walked over to Ray and took Nana. "Me and Nana are gonna watch from over there. You know, just in case they try to eat you. Good luck!" Maker said with a smile as she walked over to a rock and sat on it with Nana next to her. Nana just cheered Ray on, although she had no idea what was gonna happen.

Alex grinned gleefully at the sight of the hats. "Can I wear the larvitar one?" he asked excitedly.

-----

Alex enjoyed the walk to the beach. The sounds of the ocean and rapidash's hooves on the rocks were very soothing. They complemented the much more amusing sound of Arcanine clumsily crunching the rocks, occasionally causing tiny cascades of clacking stones. He took the time to steady himself for the upcoming rehabilitation. From what he'd been hearing, this was going to be an especially difficult case.

"This'll do" Ray said to himself out loud, as he assessed the environment. "I'm ready when you are..."

Alex looked around. The dark, brownish greys of the stones complemented the blueish grey water. The surf was calm, and an ankle deep tide stretched far towards the shore, leaving about the beach half dry. Large basketball sized stones were gathered in rougher patches, separated by expanses of flatter, drink coaster stones and small pebbles. Alex took a deep breath of the damp, salty air. This place was perfect.

"Alright, hang on," Alex said, dropping his backpack to the ground. He knelt down to retrieve two loaves of bread. "I suppose we're doing both at once, then?" he asked, jogging out a distance from where the other two stood. He placed the loaves on the ground, separating them by about three meters. Hopefully far enough that the two enormous pokemon wouldn't fight over them. Alex jogged back.

"Okay, here's the plan. When I give the signal, I want you to release the two pokemon, each near one of the two loaves of bread, then slowly and quietly join me over there," he pointed to a nearby outcropping of large rocks. "The goal isn't to completely hide from them, but rather to get them to overlook us. With any luck, they'll focus more on their environment than on the people and pokemon hiding in it, far from where they are," Alex paused before continuing. "Once they seem comfortable, I'll give you a signal to retrieve them. When I do, I need you to click the clicker loudly, and then quickly retrieve them before they recognize where the click came from. Then we'll regroup for stage two."

Alex walked over and crouched behind the outcropping. Arcanine followed and crouched down behind him, ready to spring if his master called for it. Alex gave a thumbs up. "Alright, you're good to send them out when you're ready!"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"We could try to teach Dazzling Gleam to Veon, that could be an interesting combo with Fairy Wind. Quick Attack and Fairy Wind are a great combo too." Allie released Gardevoir from its Pokeball, now fully healed thanks to Eevee's Wish from earlier. "Gardevoir might be able to help too, like you said earlier."

Maker watched with excitement. Nana tugged on her shirt and pointed at Ray. "Sorry Nana you can't go to Ray right now. He has to train his Pokemon." Nana looked back at her confused. "Why don't you use your telepathy?" Maker squinted her eyes are her, as if trying to read her mind. But Nana just looked back with a confused look. "That's odd. Maybe you need to see Espeon use it again." She looked back at Ray and Alex. "You guys look manly with those hats!" She yelled at them, and than began to laugh.

"Alright, here it goes..." Ray sent out Feraligatr and Typhlosion near their respective loaves of bread, and then quietly joined Alex.

But upon exiting their pokeballs, the two pokemon seemed to take no interest in the treat; instead they immediately began to scan the area with a predatory gaze, as if the reason for their summoning couldn't possibly be anything else but to attack. It wasn't long before Feraligatr spotted Arcanine and the water-type starter emitted a grating, metallic roar in order to alert Tyranitar of the canine's presence. The two ferocious beasts began walking toward the rocky outcrop at a derrangedly aggressive pace, looking ready to attack...

"Dammit! Ummm... what do we do now?" Ray asked Alex as Feraligatr and Tyranitar drew closer and closer by the second. His hand wavered over their pokeballs anxiously, in case he had to return them preemptively...

Last edited:
Maker stomped her feet with excitement. She placed her hand on Charo's pokeball, wishing a battle would break out. Meanwhile, Nana hid behind Maker, afraid of the new Pokemon that she was looking at.

Azumi woke up. She had a headache because of the lack of sleep. She walked over to the living room and saw Otis, Michael and Jodi. "Hey everyone. You guys look bored." She said with a smile, but rubbing her head.

Alex watched as the gator and kaiju emerged, initially facing away from them. They paid no attention to the treats. Alex was afraid this would happen, but had decided it wouldn't be much of a problem. The pokemon may initially ignore the food as they explored a strange new environment. That was fairly typical. The pokemon continued to scan the environment, eventually turning around to face Alex and Ray's little hideout. What Alex saw in their eyes was not fairly typical.

Eyes wide with frenzied fear, it was plain to see their desperation. This was a much more severe case than Alex had imagined. The crazed beasts charged.

Alex turned to Ray, seriousness and urgency in his voice. "Stand up, face them with confidence. No eye contact. Click the clicker, then retrieve them. You're their leader, kindly but firmly remove them from the situation." Alex looked back at the oncoming beasts. "We'll have to do this again and again until they finally decide to try, ah, not doing this." Noticing that their gazed focused passed him and Ray, Alex decided that they might be pokemon-agressive. He decided to recall Arcanine to her pokeball before the next attempt.

Arcanine's muscles tensed. "give me the word. im ready to protect my very bestest friends." Alex heard a seriousness in Arcanine's voice that scared him. He decided he was glad she's on his side.

"No. Stay." Alex commanded.

"meow can't help but hear their minds," Espeon chimed in. "it's just meowhem, twisted knots of mostly fear, but also anger."

Alex considered this and glanced at Maker. He could see her excitement. "Sorry, but we want to avoid confrontation for now. But don't worry, there'll be battles when they get more calm. Good bonding experience, yknow?"

"Right!" Ray followed Alex's instruction, and rose to his feet and planted them firmly into the ground. At the same time a sudden gust of wind blew the hat off of his head, and the hair out of his face; and for a fleeting moment, he bore a striking resemblance to his older brother. The charging pokemons' faces took on expressions of surprise, and as Ray clicked the clicker and returned them to their pokeballs it appeared as though they might've actually been in the process of halting their assault... but Ray was too caught up in the heat of the moment to notice anything.

"W-whoa... scary!" he said with a relieved laugh as he ran over to retrieve his had and then flopped back down onto the ground next to Alex. "Can't say that I've faced down a charging Tyranitar before..."
He looked down at the pokeballs in his hand worriedly: it seemed like this was going to be more difficult than they initially thought...
"So how do we proceed now? do we just try again? or is there something we can do differently this time?"

Last edited:
"Because we are."Michael informed Azumi,not looking away from the TV."But it's better than Ray and Alex's little mission.They might get eaten."He yawned with boredom and sigh."Why can't nothing exciting happen?!"
"But the documentary is cool.Oooh,Lana the Luxray will have a battle with Yuni the Ampharos!"
"Okay,okay.This is somewhat cool."

Azumi flopped down on the couch next to Jodi. She squinted her eyes. "If you guys want to do something, I would be glad to join you." She said as she rested her head on the couch.

Maker and Nana cheered for Ray and Alex. "Round one and you guys didn't get eaten! Good job!"

"But what could we do,play Truth or Dare or something?!"Michael said sarcastically.
"We could.I mean,it beats just standing around and wait for Ray and Alex to finish their work with Feraligatr and Tyranitar!"
"Ugh,I guess...I mean,if you're up to..."

Last edited:
Michael and Jodi looked at Azumi shocked." 'Zumi,how rich are you?"Michael managed to say."Instead of Truth or Dare did you play Tea with your pinky up or Tea with your pinky down?!"
"It doesn't matter."Jodi said with a sigh."The rules are simple: A person asks you "Thruth or Dare?"And you have to pick one.If you puck Truth,you have to answer thruthfully the question the person asks you,if you pick Dare,you have to do what the person dares you."

Last edited:
"I'm sorry Michael I didn't play much when I was young. But I did have tea parties with Mom and Dad a few times, pinky up." She said with a smile as she prepared her coffee. "Ok the rules are simple, I will play."

Alex clapped Ray on the shoulder. "Nicely done! That couldn't've been easy. You did fantastic." Alex got out two pokeballs and retrieved Arcanine and Espeon. "They weren't actually focused on us when they charged. I can't be sure what exactly they were charging at, but I assume it was my giant, bright orange friend. What I mean to say is: I don't know if they're people-agressive, but they're definitely pokemon-agressive." Alex watched as some squawking wingulls landed on the beach and flew off with the two breads. "Let's find a different hiding spot and try again. Unfortunately, it seems like our best option now is just to keep doing this over and over until they finally decide to try not charging. When that finally happens, make sure to give them these," Alex instructed, handing over two more loaves. "We want to reward them for the behavior we're looking for: calmness. This time, I think you should stand tall and strong, just like when you retrieved them just now. A confident presence seemed to have some effect on them."

Michael's face lit up as Azumi said she'll play.He had the perfect dare for her,so he asked her" 'Zumi,Truth or Dare?!"He started hitting the table with his fingers and it sounded like what would you hear after someone says "Drumrolls,please!"

"...Dang it!"Michael yelled disappointed."Ugh...I had the perfect Dare!!!!Ugh, 'course you would choose Truth!Well in that case...."He thinked about a good question,when one popped in his mind.It wasn't really good and Michael knew that she would say no,but he didn't have anything better to do."Tell me,have you ever switched places with Maker?"

Azumi laughed. "Yes. One time she begged me to do a test for her. She convinced me the teacher hated her and was trying to fail her on purpose. I did the test, got a perfect 100 but the teacher failed her anyways. We told our dad who did a ruckus at the school and the teacher was fired." Azumi smiled proudly.

Michael's face fell to the floor as he heard the story."I...Don't know what to say...I actually would've thought that you didn't..."He said a little spooked."Man,poor teacher.But,if she knew Maker well,she probably knew that she wouldn't get a perfect score!"He chuckled and sighed."I guess you're not always natural born enemies!"

Azumi smiled. "We clash with each other a lot. Our personalities are ment to do so." Then her look turned serious. "But nobody messes with my sister, no matter how annoying she is." She zipped her coffee and smiled again. "Who's next?"

"Well,now you ask!There should be an order,but what the heck,ask away!"Michael said with a smile.While he and Jodi were waiting,they watched as Lana the Luxray beat Yuni the Ampharos in their friendly battle.Now,it was showing Luxray habitats.

"Hmmmm....."Jodi said,wondering about what she should choose."Even though this is a childish game,you can really learn about each individual person,so I'll also choose Truth.Now,ask me any question!"

"Well,honestly..."Jodi said,trying to find the right words."Well,if you remember that I have a brother,than you remember how he can be....He's just really agressive and rageful.There's a five years gap between us and because of that we're really different.Well,Michael can definetely be like that,but I just feel safer around him.Sam doesn't really care about anyone,he just cares about him,but Michael doesn't do that....All the time."
"Awwwww!Michael said happy."I don't know if I should feel offended or moved!"
"And yeah,that's why.And plus,Michael can take jokes WAAAAY better than Sam!"

Last edited:
"I guess...."Michael said,thinking."Well,Jodi's next!"
"Alright!"Jodi said with a smirk."And since you're left,I have to ask you!"
"...Truth."
"What?!Why Truth?Since when do you tell the truth?!"
"Since I discovered that you make crazy dares!Last time you dared me to dye my hair red!"
"Only the front part!And it didn't affect you that much!"
"Just ask already!"
"Fine!Hmmm...Tell me about this!Do you....Ugh!This is so hard!You know what,Azumi,I pass the question to you,since I have no idea what to ask!"

"Well....It's the normal recipe,nothing special!"Michael said with a smile."I'm glad you like them,but I don't think I can give you the recipe.I just cook with love and care since I was five.I guess I just do it naturally.That's about it."