• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Burst Force: A Killer At Midnight

"I've made the arrangements. Her agent will be expecting me to arrive, posing as an acrobat, for the opening number," Kitri informed them, "So I can do an aerial search. It'll be down to you to arrange your roles."

Kitri passed her phone over to her colleagues. "Let him know what to expect from you."

"I want to blend as one of the fans. It might be hard to spot anyone suspicious in there. But I'll be close enough to both the bait and Kirara. Besided, I have this." Arda unroll the poster he brought before. Revealing a poster of Kirara sitting calmly in a park(most likely taken as a movie advertisement) and some glowsticks.

"Where'd you get those and why did you bring them to a crime seen?" Jesse asked curiously. Jesse then turned to Kitri and asked "At the concert can we ask about her other boyfriends/dates to put them under protection?" He whispered

"Unfortunately, the seven involved with the case have all died," Kitri said coolly, "And when questioned, she said she had no idea who the perp could be. Nobody she know owned a salamence burst crystal...."

Kitri glanced down at her own crystal. She'd known from birth that she wanted to be a burst user, even more so, a Honchkrow burst. She'd sworn to use her power only for good, and the thought of someone abusing the power of a pokemon for evil made her sick to her stomach.

Halt lifted one arm up. "I've got my share of contacts as well. Basically, I'm going as the bodyguard of that idol." He kept shifting around his watch head until the crystal reviled itself. "We can take him on if needed."

"If that's it all arranged, then for now, all we can do is wait," Kitri began, "And/or plan, if needed. Her agent wants me to learn all of the steps for the opening scene, so I blend in better. While I'm doing the lift, I can transform, and conduct my search. From there, I will be on call as needed."

"I guess i should go learn about the show. I'll look suspicious if i dont know whats happening"
Cy pulls out his phone to start looking for info he may need about the idol and the concert
"whats your plan delmora?"

"I'm going to be looking into the photograph. You know what they say, a picture speaks a thousand words."
She delicately fingered the photograph before placing in into a plastic bag and putting it in her bag.

"I don't think I'll search for fingerprints, though, as this seems to be untouched and forgotten in our victims pocket." Delmora added. She looked at the others with the same look she always did. The slightly hateful, disgusted look.

"alright then, good luck with finding whatever clue you can del. Let us know if you find anything."
Cy put his phone away satifised with the info he had found. All that was left for him to do know was hope he could act good enough to blend in tomorrow.

"Guess I'll learning how to work special effects." Jesse said turning "Hey red-head, sweater vest, I wanna watch the cameras and if you're being the body guard I would like to go over the camera placements with you." Jesse asked sincerely "And maybe even add new ones."

Halt shrugged at the recommendation. "Might have some use, but don't catch my face on camera. I kinda don't want our undercover activity to be recorded." The man got up from his chair and walked to the door, waiting on Jesse.

"If that's the case, you'd best get as much as you can done during the second half of the concert," Kitri added, "The lighting will be relatively low, and there should be smoke effects near the stage. It'll buy you time to sneak around, if needed."

"i'll pretend to be a fan looking for a autograph. Its best way i could think of to have the pen exposed to everyone with out being obvious"
Cy looked around the room. He was confident that they could pull this off tomorrow

Kitri cleared her throat. "If that's all arranged," she began, "Then I'll see you all at the concert tomorrow. From there, we'll proceed, according to what we see."

The honchkrow burst went to leave, heels clacking delicately against the white tile floor, until she saw someone with a luxray come in. It was rare for burst users to own pokemon; they didn't need them, since they had their burst crystals.

"Officer Sparks," she said with a venomous tone, "You're tremendously late for the investigation!"

"We're investigating the death of their latest victim," Kitri responded, "He was a boy who'd recently gone on a date with Hoshikuzu Kirara, a popular idol. He, and all of the other victims were romantically involved with the idol in question, so, we're performing an investigation at her next concert, which will be held tomorrow night. Any man who gets close to Miss Kirara may be in danger, so we'll have to be on guard."

As Jesse left the room he gestured towards Halt to follow him "Come on, I wanna find some blueprints for the stage." Jesse said "We can find weak spots and find ways to fix them."

"glad to see you showed up sparks, this investigation would be boring if you stopped being fashionably late" cy joked. "we are all going undercover for this one so try to think of something to disguise as"

"And you'll need to blend in as much as much as possible. So don't come in your burst force uniform," Kitri said coolly, "Not that you'd need to be in it for long, since you'll have to transform ASAP!"

And she, just to prove her point, flashed her burst crystal, and initiated her transformation. Her uniform was replaced with a navy blue coat, and white cravat, plus honchkrow wings, and a choppy, flat-bottomed hat.

"trying to get a meeting with her? try not to be targeted by the killer, we don't need you dead too." cy joked "well just try not to be obvious then." cy began to walk out of the room to leave for home. "see ya all later, lets hope we catch the killer tomorrow with our little show of ours"

Delmora chuckled under her breath. "Classic Spark."
Delmora zoned out for a bit before Kitri's transformation burst her out of her thoughts.

"Woah.." She muttered under her breath. Delmora had only been at this job for about 3 months, and this was the first time she actually saw her transform. Delmora cleared her throat.

"Um, sorry. I think I'll stay here and investigate the picture, there's so much damn blood I can't see what's on it." She chuckled at her own joke.

"If you think that would be best," Kitri said curtly, nodding at her colleagues, before leaving, "I'll see you at the concert tomorrow."

----------------

Five minutes to showtime.

Kitri felt ridiculous. She was wearing a sequined leotard, with the words 'bite me' on her bottom. Her face was covered with glittery makeup. But if it meant that she could catch the killer, she'd endure the feeling.

Five minutes to show
Halt stood at the edge of the stage, a hustling pop star, or whatever she was, at his side ready to run onstage. He wore a black vest with silver sparkling trim and black dress pants. "Five minutes to action, princess." He called over to her.

Five minutes to show

Jesse was on the rafters watching the show with a control panel wearing sparkly black pants and a shirt with a microphone and a receiver to finish the look "I hate glitter it's like a virus that lasts for years." Jesse said to himself then turning on his microphone to speak to the audience "Let's make some noise party people!!!" He exclaimed

Hoshikuzu glanced down at her own outfit. It was a lot like Kitri's but far more extravagant, as should be expected, for the star of the show. On any other night, she'd be raring to go up there and sing, but tonight, she felt like a giant piece of pokemon food. A bit of bait, not to entertain her fans, but to lure a murderer, who'd killed her last seven boyfriends.

"I...Are you really sure you'll be able to find him?" she asked, "This salamence guy, I mean. I don't want anyone else to die because of me..."

*five minutes to the show*
Cy was in the middle of the crowd. he held a photo of the idol and the pen they had found at the crime scene. he glanced around at the crowd, he couldn't see anyone suspicious in the crowd but as far as he could tell no one else suspected him ether

Halt shook his head from side to side. "I'll say it how it is. We don't know. But this is our best chance so far, so suck up and be yourself. The Salemence burst will know it's a trap if you act strangely on stage, favoring certain people you don't normally socialize with. Act like you, princess." He knew that honesty is needed in the situation. Telling her what she wants to know makes them soft for the upcoming events. Be honest, and they expect it. Halt fiddled with his watch so the burst crystal started to show. "Now go make someone fall for you."

The idol nodded affirmatively. "I understand. I'll try to stay out of your way..."

It was now just thirty seconds until the show began. The opening act were just leaving, and the final adjustments were being made for Hoshikuzu's performance.

Kitri felt about for her crystal. It was tucked beneath the choker on her neck. Thirty seconds into the song, a wire would carry her up into the rafters. That was when she was going to transform.

As the crowd roared Jesse turned on multi color stage lights "Enjoy the show party people!!!" Jesse exclaimed watching the audience for anything suspicious "Red head got any signs?" Jesse spoke in his mic

Halt kept his eyes open to the crowd. "Not anything yet. I've worked as a bodyguard before, and most of the time people come out after the show. The burst probably won't attack until after the show anyway. To many cameras." He said, placing his hand over his mouth to conceal the mic. A quick flip and it was hidden again inside the jacket of his suit.

"None so far," Kitri relayed, "Alright, here's my cue!"

She pirouetted into the arms of a hunky male acrobat, before he threw her, and the wire carried her up to the rafters, offstage. She transformed, unhooked the wire, and sat on the ledge. She surveyed the show area carefully, looking for any suspicious behaviour....

She zoned in on a man near the back of the stage. Unlike the rest of the crowd, who were all on their feet, singing along, or dancing, or moshing, he was stood completely still, scanning the idol with hungry eyes...

Cy fliped his mic down ,pretending to be itching the back of his neck to hide it
"see anyone up there? I'll move in with the pen whenever you say" cy asked glancing around at the crowd in front of him as he felt looking back would raise suspicion

"There's a man near the back who's not reacting to the performance at all," Kitri relayed, "Looks to be about five-five, glasses, fedora, extremely overweight. All that he's doing is watching Ms Kirara with a...Lustful gaze..."

Kitri knew that it was a flimsy reason to suspect him, but he was the only member of the crowd who was acting that way. Plus, when he stood up, she noticed that he had a powder-blue burst crystal hung on his belt.

"He possesses a burst crystal," she continued, "And...Now he's muttering about losing a pen!"

"alright, get the security to 'forcefully' bring me to the back of the stage because i went into a restricted area for a autograph and how im lucky to even stay at the concert i'll drag him into the argument when they put me there" cy replied as he began to walk closer to the sides of the backstage area

"I think we need more evidence first," Kitri answered, "That blue burst could be anything. And besides, what's to say that he's not just a guy who's lost a..."

The Honchkrow burst stopped in her tracks, when the music went quiet all of a sudden. Hoshikuzu Kirara announced that she was going to dedicate her next song to the salamence burst's previous victim. Her former boyfriend, Hatsuharu Kyo.

Kitri glanced at the crowd. The man complaining about his pen seemed rather agitated, shifting about on the spot, instead of crying, or going on about how brave the idol was for honouring her dead boyfriend. He seemed angry, rather, rubbing his crystal in a manic fashion, as if outraged, that the idol dared give her attention to her dead boyfriend.

"Never mind," she answered, "Sending security."

And she flew down into the curtain in the back of the arena, calling for security.

Halt picked up his handset. "Stop. No security. The plan is to wait for later. It can't attack now, and neither can we. To many civilians. The moment security gets near him, he's gonna burst." He said quickly into the handset. "We gotta wait it out."

"no halt thats not what i mean. We are only using the security to get me to the back without being obviois so i can make it look like im a dedicated fan just like him so i can try and get him away from the crowd but does everyone think now to get close or wait until we have a better time" cy responded over the mic

"I feel like we should wait until the show is almost over and then see if he stays." Jesse replied "Then it'll be more clear and there'll be less people, but fanboy should get a little closer a keep a close eye on him."