• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Burst Force: A Killer At Midnight

Greetings, officers. You have been called here for a very important reason, and that reason is this; there is a serial killer on the loose. This is a killer unlike anything the police of Kanto have ever seen before; this killer leaves very little evidence, or clues, or gimmicks, and all of their victims so far have had two things in common:

All of them were trainee burst warriors, who used powerful pseudo legendaries

All of them were between the ages of 15 and 18

All of them had a crush on a popular idol, Hoshikuzu Kirara

The human police are now calling on you, the burst force of Fuchsia City, to solve this crime. Will you be able to solve this crime, and catch the killer? Only time will tell...

(And now, a small word about the mechanics of the RP. Since this is a pokemon burst roleplay, everyone will have at least one burst crystal. Burst crystals are jewels which allow humans to fuse with pokemon, gaining their powers. Pokemon caught inside burst crystals cannot come out, unless the crystal is broken. However, the owner of the crystal can go inside, and interact with the pokemon outside of fusion)

Bio Sheet:

Name:

Burst Pokemon: (You can only have one. It must not be shiny, or legendary, and it cannot mega-evolve.)

Appearance (Normal):

Appearance: (Fused):

One more thing; If you are offended by violence, mentions of gore, and serial murder, please turn away now. This RP will get dark and gritty, and I will not be held responsible if you decide that it is too much for you.

Name: Kitri Vasquez

Burst Pokemon: Honchkrow (Her burst crystal is dark blue, and kept on a silver pendant)

Appearance (Normal): Kitri has long, inky black hair, kept in a loose, side-swept ponytail, and brown eyes. She wears a heavy coat of red lipstick, and is almost never seen without a cigarette in her hand. She wears a long, figure-hugging silver dress and heels, and white gloves, when not on duty.

Appearance: (Fused): When fused with her honchkrow, Kitri's hair become choppy, and navy blue, and is adorned with a matching wide-brimmed hat. She has a navy-blue coat, with red lining, and a white cravat, and large honchkrow wings on her back.

--------------------------------/////////////////////////-----------------------------------

"My...What a tragedy..."

That was all that the forensics team had said, as they'd received the corpse of a seventeen year-old boy. His cause of death; attack from someone using a salamence burst. That was evident from the massive burns marking his corpse. His liver appeared to have been cooked, or so the examiner said.

Kitri, meanwhile, was in the boardroom, marking the victim down. This made seven victims, all from the same killer. Seven young lives, cruelly taken away, not that Kitri wanted to waste time mourning.

"That makes seven victims, from this perp," she commented, "Let's go over the evidence we brought from the crime scene. Time wasted mourning is time we could better spend making sure that this perp doesn't kill anyone else."

Name:
Halt Yeger
Burst Pokemon: (You can only have one. It must not be shiny, or legendary, and it cannot mega-evolve.)
Infernape. (Fire red crystal that changes color like fire kept in a watch.
Appearance (Normal):
A man standing 6'0" with a suit vest on normally.(not a suit) and blue jeans. He has red hair and blue eyes. Halt is decently muscular. He wears a watch on his left arm.
Appearance: (Fused): His hair burns down into a fiery hair. Wristbands appear on his arms and a kind of armor similar to the kind of art on Infernapes chest envelops him.

Halt walked up to Kitri. "Seven counted now. Don't count out others that might happen or had happened but we don't know about." He didn't want to bring down the mood, but his job is to find the facts. He turned his watch so the light reflected a fire across the wall. "Any patterns to the attacks? All I've found from my research is that the first 4 deaths, the victims were burst users of powerful pokemon. A garchomp, Gyrados, Dratini, and a Feralgator. The rest are unknown."

"Two things: First, all of the victims were between the ages of fifteen, and eighteen," the honchkrow burst began, "And two, all of them appeared to have been romantically involved with Hoshikuzu Kirara. She's an idol singer who's very popular with children and teenagers, or so I hear."

Hoshikuzu Kirara was a seventeen year old idol, who, according to the press, was looking for a date. However, ahe was very secretive about her affairs, fearful of the press catching wind of her love life, and never was she seen with other celebrities.

Name: Arda Arschwick

Burst Pokemon: galvantula, his yellow burst crystal is kept in a ring.

Appearance (Normal): Arda is a man with average height but somehow much lighter than he looks, he has brown wavy hair and green eyes. He wears a green jacket with fake fur around the neck, a white shirt underneath it and black cargo pants.

Appearance: (Fused): Not much difference. Now he has real yellow fur on his neck, hiding two pedipalps inside. Another fur grow on his wrist, forming a wristband of fur. There's 4 simple eyes on his forehead and a hidden insect jaw inside his mouth. He has billions microscopic hair and his skin able to secrete special adhesive, enabling him to climb walls.

Arda entered the boardroom with a sweet scented box on his right hand and a poster of Hoshikuzu Kirara in his left.

"Hey, anyone wants some donuts?" Arda offer the box to his workmates. They looks so serious, so Arda tries to lighten the mood with something sweet.

Name: Luca Delmora, prefers to be called by her surname, Delmora.
Burst Pokemon: Skarmory, with a metallic, silverish burst crystal kept in a thin metal bracelet.
Appearance (Normal): A wide, smooth face with fair skin and a thin nose. Lanky. She has bags under her hazel eyes and her sandy blond hair is always slightly messy. Luca wears a red high waisted skirt and a white blouse, as well as a small black mailbag.
Appearance: (Fused): Long, thin metal wings protruding from her back. Her eyes become yellow and her nose is longer, with a metal tip.
//////////////////////////////////
Luca Delmora cleared her throat quietly.
"Pseudo legendaries, huh? I wonder if there's some sort of symbol beyond that..."

She quietly slipped her hand into the box of donuts, grabbing a chocolate eclair. Sweeping her blond hair out of her face, she took a bite of the sugary treat, boring her hazel eyes onto everything. Those eyes traveled everywhere, as if she had paranoia about the pencils on the table.

Awkwardly, she reached into her mailbag and began scribbling on a sticky note, her thin fingers flying across the page. Delmora wrote down everything they knew about the case.

Last edited:
"After we searched Miss Kirara's home, we found nothing that would indicate that she did it," Kitri said coolly, "She possesses no burst crystals. So, it's a real mystery as to what we're dealing with."

The honchkrow burst took a raspberry jam donut, the sugar crusting her red lips, "But, one thing all links these victims, and that is, their cause of death. All were found to have been attacked by someone using a salamence burst."

She walked over to the whiteboard, pointing to the wounds on the most recent victim's corpse. "These traces of dragon rage, plus the massive burns, are too severe to have been done by a salamence alone."

"Is it really salamence, though? I'm sure some other burst can inflict same kind of wound with different moves combination. Albeit, from the severeness of the wounds, I agree the burst's power is at least as strong as a salamence." Arda voiced his thought while munching a choconut donut.

"Another victim had deep claw marks in the abdomen," Kitri continued, "And when we ran them through the pathology team, they said that they closely matched those of a salamence burst. Though, it's possible that our perp may use more than one burst crystal, to conceal their identity."

"And a Salemence burst isn't exactly one you see everyday." Halt said in his deep tone. He started to rotate his watch head like he always did when he was thinking. "So what's the plan?"

"We should probably make a list of-of like, all the suspects." Delmora suggested, turning to her coworkers.
Sweeping her blond hair out of her face subconciously, she scribbled on her sticky note, messily writing all the facts.

The office was slightly cold, which gave the atmosphere a dreary vibe. Delmora shivered. The cold surroundings and the topic at hand wasn't too pleasant.

Delmora was nervous to talk, as she felt distanced from her coworkers, being the youngest in the group.

Name: Jesse Ford
Burst Pokemon: Zoroark (crystal is red and black, kept in his sunglasses)
Appearance (normal): Black kept hair, black duster coat (black shirt under), black pants, grey sunglasses.
Appearance (fused): Red and Black long, shaggy hair, coat becomes torn and worn, large red claws (can become sheathed in hand), has enhanced senses.

Jesse overheard the conversation and decided to add to it "What if it was one of her dates trying to eliminate the competition?"he said "And in the roster of killed people there is only one that can mega evolve, so a mega garchomp, and tyranitar are possibilities, but the most likely pokemon would be a mega salemence which would explain the claw marks and if it had flamethrower it could make the abnormal burns."

Kitri cast a sidelong glance at her colleagues. "That sounds believeable, or it would do, if all of her dates weren't ending up dead," she commented, "But first, we need more information. We have very little evidence to begin with. No name, no identifying marks, like footprints, or fingerprints, or even the crystal used were left behind. But, we do have one piece of incriminating evidence."

Kitri pointed to a fancy fountain pen, tagged and bagged, on the table, displaying the initials, 'A.A.' "This didn't belong to the victim," she explained, "And nobody he knew owned it. So it's highly likely that our killer owned this, and dropped it at the scene. Either way, that gives us some indication as to what his name was, at least..."

"Hmmm... have we checked the database for a match of initials?" Jesse asked "And what about fingerprints on the pen?" he said. he then walked over to the doughnut box and grabbed a chocolate doughnut "Why wouldn't there be any signs of D.N.A.?
And if there isn't any we could check the manafacturer for who bought it or who they made it customly for them. Jesse said

Halt thought for a moment. "Because he has no direct DNA. When in burst, the DNA scrambles, causing it to become useless to us. Also, a Salemence burst doesn't have fingers. It has claws." He was kinda proud of what he remembered from training. "But what I do know, is that if we have to face it, we gotta be ready."

"Still, we should check the manafacturer." Jesse replied "And even if we don't find anything we can group up all the burst trainers in the areas....wait can we trace the area of the murders and search the areas for burst trainers!?" Jesse exclaimed

Kitri nodded curtly at Halt, reaching for her lighter. Kitri had always been a heavy smoker, easily going through several packs of cigarettes a week.

"Monogrammed fountain pens like this one were likely made to order," she began, "So contacting the manufacturer should give us a lead. However, you aren't seriously suggesting that we round up and arrest every burst user in the area, are you? We can't arrest anyone based on such flimsy clues. At the very least, we need some evidence to suggest that they did it!"

"I'm not saying we arrest them, I say we investigate the houses undercover." Jesse said calmly "We split up into teams, half will investigate the pen and the other half will go undercover." Jesse said

"I'm sorry." Delmora's voice went from a soft tone most ignored to a slightly loud tone.
"But is it your place to decide what dumb and/or useless things we should do?" Delmora's words poured out of her. She was tired of often being overlooked, and it was why she joined in the first place: to have a purpose. To not be invisible.

She took a bite of her chocolate eclair, amber eyes waiting for a response.

"Please, calm down everyone." Arda said with a smile and giva Delmora's shoulder a pat.

"I'm sure we can't investigate all the burst user for now. We haven't had any evidence to narrow down the suspect yet. I would say the pen is a good lead, but I have a suggestion. How about we make an ambush with this pen as the bait. You know, subtly make information known to burst user that we have this pen as a lead. The suspect may panic and attempt to take it back."

Kitri went quiet for a few seconds, somewhat shocked by the bluntness of Delmora's reply. But nonetheless, she was right. Searching the homes of each and every burst user in the area would be too time-consuming, and lead nowhere.

"Agreed," she finally said, "We haven't the time, or money, to waste on a wild Zangoose-chase like that. Why investigate everyone when we already know that it was somebody using a salamence burst? And besides, we need more information, before we can proceed with arrests."

She glanced at Arda, intrigued by the idea. "A plan to catch this crook, using his pen, younsay? She began, "What did you have in mind?"

"Let's say. We tell the burst users that we will start investigating about this pen and would likely able to get the name of the suspect tomorrow, we also tell them where the place where the pen and the document would be kept. Subtly of course. We don't want to make it obvious that this is a trap. Now we can set the ambush at the destinated place and hope they take the bait." Arda lay out his improvised idea. It is incomplete, but for now he just wants to get some response and feedback from his coworkers.

Delmora took a sharp intake of breath to regain her composure.
"Sounds good. How do we spread the word that we're investigating the pen? Maybe the radio tower?" Delmora asked, voice back to a normal tone.
She finished her chocolate eclair, slipping her hand back into the donut box, licking her lips.

Delmora shoved her sticky notes and quill into her mailbag messily, munching on her glazed donut.

Last edited:
"Well wouldn't that seem a little suspicious?" Jesse replied "I mean it's a great idea, but if we just went on the radio or going door to door, police officers asking about a lost pen seem odd to citizens? Maybe even causing panic.

"Your idea wasn't much better, why would we-" Delmora stopped speaking to take a breath before she lashed out again.
"I mean, I never said we'd announce it so forwardly over the radio tower, and no one said anything about going door to door. And again, you think citizens will panic over a lost pen?" Delmora raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you kind of contradicting yourself right now?" Delmora turned to Jesse, locking her amber eyes onto him.

Now he was just pissing her off.
"Just because we didn't think your idea was sufficent, doesn't mean you have to shoot everyone else down," Delmora thought seethingly.
Delmora's hotheaded nature and tendency to lash out was bubbling inside her, waiting to erupt.

Kitri raised her hands. "Calm yourselves," she said coolly, "We can't afford to act like children, not on this case!"

She took a last glance at the picture on the whiteboard. "This makes seven parents, all having to bury their own children, lest you forget," she began, "Let's catch this crook before they make it eight."

The honchkrow burst looked down at her crystal. "The local paper will likely be publishing a story about this killer soon," she suggested, "So, what if we got them to mention, in the story, that we found a pen at the crime scene? Our killer will likely come out of the shadows, hoping to destroy the one thing we have that could identify him?"

"Yeah that seems good, and we can put it in a unprotected location." Jesse replied calmly. He then turned to Delmora "I wasn't trying to shut down any ideas, just giving constructive criticism, like you did to my idea. " Jesse said kindly, not trying to start a ruckus

(ooc question. Is it okay to have my character as a ex-con artist who after getting arrested was given the offer of work as a police member or jail? I thought id ask just in case it would get in the way of anything)
Name: Cy
Burst pokemon: Weavile
Appearence (normal) : 6 foot 3 , brown hair, blue eyes, wears a green hoodie with a old gang logo on it
Appearence (fused): hair forms into the head piece, neck collar forms, hands change to ice , teeth/eyes/feet change, clothes freeze over

(I don't know about that. It might distract too much from the main story.)

Kitri took a chocolate cream from the box, leaving a lipstick stain on the dough. She'd re-do her lipstick later, if needed. "We'd have to make it look protected, though. If our perp thinks we're out to get him, he won't take the bait..."

(fair enough. Ignore that part then)
Cy walked into the crime scene and looked at the corpse "sorry im late for the investigation. Getting here was a nightmare. We get any new info on the killer from this one?"

(Can someone make a discussion thread?)
The calm demeanor of Jesse bothered Delmora. Delmora didn't know how he seemed to be able to read his thoughts, as she hadn't said anything about that aloud.

The way he talked to her bothered her as well.
"I'm not 5..." Delmora thought, wondering if Jesse was going to read her mind again.
Delmora's eyes trained up at her coworker, Cy. She smiled. Delmora always thought he was rather pleasant to her, not underestimating her due to age.

"Unfortunately, the murderer in question seemed to be smart enough to leave behind little incriminating evidence." Delmora's eyed the body in the corner.
"By the way, is it hygenic to eat doughnuts in the same room as that?" Delmora gestured to the body.

Halt wasn't focusing on the conversation much, but thinking over a previous statement. "Hold it back some. How about we use someone as bait. Like one of us." He said as an idea. "But someone who could take it on until the rest get there." It would be a long shot, but it might work.

Halt grinned. "You said all the people that were killed liked some idol. Why not have.one of us go behind the scenes at a concert and watch what happens." Spinning a pen across his finger. "Also, I didn't say take it on. I said hold out until we get here. Mrs.Honchkrow could watch the air and I take physical support as a bodyguard for said idol."

Delmora nodded.
"Sounds pretty good." Her thin lips spread into a smile.
Delmora knew she wouldn't be of much help, so she began to zone out, fiddling with her dirty blond hair.

She looked over at the body, and her heart sank at the state of it.
Delmora noticed something white sticking out of the pocket of the body. She stopped, pulling it out.

It was a scorched, bloodied photograph of Hoshikuzu Kirara.

Delmora let out a small, stifled gasp before dropping it with trembling fingers.
(Discussion thread? I don't want to feel like I'm making all the decisions without you guys' input. I can edit out the photograph if you want)

"i can be the bait. You said the killer was using pseudo-legendarys right? If something goes wrong while undercover i have the better typing against them" he looked at the scorched picture delmora dropped. "how are the family of the victim? "

Kitri nodded. "Alright. Her next concert will be held tomorrow night, at the Fuchsia Arena," she informed them, "We can get her agent on the line, inform him of what's going on, and then conduct the investigation as needed."

She glanced back at the body, having heard Cy's previous statement loud and clear. The hardest part of murder cases, she found, was having to deal with the grieving families.

"They want their son's body sent to a local crematorium," she replied, "They want him laid to rest as soon as possible, but due to the nature of the case, we can't do that until we've made a concrete arrest. Needless to say, they're deeply agrieved."

"its a pity to see life cut so short. The best thing we can do for the family is give them news of the murders arrest. Although it may be sometime until we can do that" he replied.

"Yeah, it can be rough." Jesse replied. Jesse then saw Delmora's find "Good job. We can search that for fingerprints." Jesse said thanking Delmora, not trying not to disturb the corpse " I can be in the back working the lights and affects, maybe we can make signals to help." Jesse said turning to Kitri "And I'll be close if he needs backup."

Cy smiled "lets hope im a decent actor. It may be hard to fool everyone at the concert or the murderer. But if im about to die feel free to jump in and help me" he joked trying to ease the task at hand

"I'll try to save you before you end up looking like swiss cheese." Jesse joked back "Anyways we have bait and a bob, all we need are a line and reel. Sorry for the fishing puns, anyways we need should get someone in the crowd to check for anyone suspicious in there." Jesse said