• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open BTU Sign-Ups

:DI should have done it. Sounds like a great idea. We bought "China Candles" though and they shot one green sparkle into the air. Very much worth the cash.

Haha. Yeah, its just not how I do things. My mind is like, "Yo, this is not okay." But it really is and I'm just crazy.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
XD That's hilarious. But it's sort of weird how a trainer just tells a Pokemon to use sand attack. I mean that's how it is in the games, but think about it. Having a Pokemon like Pidgey using sand attack and expect the foe to faint?

Good work Blake.

I just feel like its the generous thing to do during battle in the Pokemon Universe. In the anime, each trainer had one command that they may have described with an action like, "Pineco, use Pin Missile on Pidgey and aim at it's throat!" and then the other trainer would be like, "Dodge it Pidgey and use Gust to blow the Pineco towards you!"

haha, you're not bad at role-playing. Just not experienced, that's all.

How did Gible grab Deino when it was behind and above Gible. I would have thought from such close range that the Dragon Rage would have knocked Gible quite a distance.

Last edited:
Oh! That actually makes sense because the Gible line can fly. Obviously Gible would be able to change direction mid air.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
only reason im going to want Deino to beat Gible is for this reason. Jez was talking about how some of our pokemon have been holding back evolutions due to the fact that we needed all stage one pokemon to apply for the BTU entrance exams.

This gives Deino the advantage over Gible because of two things. One, Gible evolves at level 24 while DEino evolves at level 50. So statistics wise, Deino would be able to train and get stronger for a longer time than gible did because Gible would end up evolving. Now those are just statistics of course and since this is an rp we dont worry about those TOO much.

All levels and statistics aside for my second reason. Once again since it does take a lot longer for Deino to evolve than it does for Gible to evolve. If Gible is anywhere as strong as Deino is then it passed its evolution mark which would have to cause Gible to hold it back. Holding back on evolution can put extreme stress on the Pokemon's body and of course in a battle especially Gible is having to fight his opponent and have to fight back the stress that his own body is putting on him. Meanwhile Deino doesn't have to worry about that simply because it's gonna take him literally forever to evolve.

Besides, you've got two stage 2 Pokemon so it won't make that much of a difference in the end anyways.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Yeah I thought that it would be too bad if Deino doesn't evolve. Also I didn't want Mike to win EVERY battle so that's why I let you decide.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Some training should help with that, Gible is a little under evolving because if it! To be fair it was in the Fire Field but still! Also I was supposed to fight Jez so she might still be down.

Nice reasoning there Blake. I agree with that.

Scorch, I'd say that having Garchomp learn fly would make a lot of sense. Even if it can't actually learn the attack, Garchomp can still fly as fast as a jet.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
That's why it's called the "jet" pokemon. I'm also going to teach it fire blast and poison jab for those pesky ice and fairy types. but that's going to take a while.

Lol. "There isn't a dragon running at my fire rat and trying to bite it."

Also whats the thing about the floating rocks? I don't understand how a 40 pound rat could place enough power into the ground to make rocks fly up into the sky long enough for it to jump on them. I know that the anime does this with an Onix and then Pikachu climbs the rocks, but a quilava just doesn't seem right.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Well it has to be somewhat physically strong. And I'm pretty sure there isn't a whole lot of logic in the Pokemon world. And you can still bite Quilava as he tackled your chest

Hey everyone :) I have five ideas for an rp and I don't know which one to develop. The ideas are:

1. Law Enforcement RP (The Oc's are law enforcement agents on the pokemon world. I was thinking it'd be somewhat like Criminal Minds, Castle, or Bones)

2. Pokemon Trainer College Rp (Something like we're doing now but not a clone either)
  3. Actual Pokemon rp (The Oc's are actual wild pokemon)
  4. Pokemon Gijinka rp
  5. Pokemon Careers Rp (The Oc's are criminal in a reformation program designed to get them on a healthier career path rather than continuing their criminal activities)
Please vote on which you think I should do :D

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I don't know what's Pokemon Gijinka (I'm still new around here) and I would say 3 or 4 would be pretty good
Edit: 2 or 3