• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open BTU Sign-Ups

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Guess Mike can talk with Matthew until Alan gets here, I wanted to do something after the whole "Dorlan" ordeal. But before single battles. BTW Orion, is Single Battles 1v1 3 times or just 1v1?

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
So does that mean you're going to come back inside during your post Mike? Cause I think your last one said you went outside to try and follow Wes.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Yeah this is after Wes left. "After a harsh knocking sound" rb3 Alan knocked softly...

Last edited:
I'm not actually sure how to get Wes out of this. He seems like a real puss right now. I may end up just calling his mom.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
You're planning on having Wes leave BTU? That'd make me so sad. Hey maybe he can decide to go to the party and cheer up after!

Orion, we should put a limit on the battles because the plot of one day takes a millennium. I think that the single and double battling instructors should coordinate which days a battle takes place in either class. In both classes, their should be a day for strategy and reviewing. Battling is great, but only if its not in excess. If there has to be battling, we should play rock paper scissors to decide who wins and describe what happened after:D

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Yeah we discussed something like that but the argument with that was mid battle evolutions which is why I think the idea of the strategy days are very good.

Once we start getting to first evolutions for the Pokemon, that won't be a problem because from there the evolutions will be scarce. I'm holding back with evolving Wes' Pokemon until the right moment. Obviously, when battling against bad guys, we'll write out the scene. And every once in a while a battle scene will come up in the classes. I just feel with the tournament thing coming up, that we need to slow down our battle writing until then.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Yeah I was thinking the same thing as you on the getting all the evolutions out of the way thing so we wouldn't have to worry about those during class. I agree with you on the tournament as well. We gotta save our long battle posts for that. Also I don't want to have all of us fight each other round 1 and stuff. So maybe when we make our posts towards the beginning we could just describe briefly our past battles in the tournament.

I'm glad we think alike, Blake. Can't wait for tomorrow when we finally get to that party. Wes needs to chill with some soda that was "accidentally spiced up with alcohol".

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Generous" is definitely the word. I mean look at him. He's so nice he dragged Jezebel and Mike out to a forest for a drug deal.

lol, stuff is going to get real when puny lizard and winged dino go at it in that bush in the scene. The Forest Fire is coming our way

I never mentioned any training fields.

Lemme make something up
*BTU Student Handbook*

The university boasts a variety of Training Feilds for the students use during free periods. Each of the fields is the size of a standard Pokémon Arena and comes equipped with a plethora of fully automated systems to allow intensive training.

Field 1
Water field
A 12' pool arena with floating circular islands Dummies as well as an agility course can be programmed for solo training.
Field 2
Forest field
An arena filled with synthetic trees

Field 3
Tournament field
A standard Pokémon Arena equipped with programable training dummies

Field 4
Fire field
A lava field with rock platforms allowing for the most intensive training experience. The height of the lava can be adjusted as well as a safety net. Though it provides one of the most rigorous training experience on campus it is advised not to use the field alone or unsupervised.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
XD I wonder how the actual BTU Handbook is coming along. Anyways I'm off to make to little Gible go through the Fire Field. Gible is a ground-type so he'll be fine but I don't know how Mike will handle the heat

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
This is after the gate and meeting Dalton and all that, but maybe I should just make another post for the training.