• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

aRX'S aRT Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...... :-X......

Uhh, I couldn't really think of a nice way to introduce this thread, so I'll skip on ahead to the Pictures.....

ufobun.jpg

This is Ufobun (top most) and it's evolutions (follow the arrows) Bunoffu and Usamars (lul I'm not so good when it comes to coming up with names) Ufobun and it's evolutions are Steel/ Psychic types, and heaven only knows why I came up with such things ;D Seriously, compared to my other concepts, this one is as "out of this world" as they go....

shuzu001.jpg

And this is Shuzu (left) and its evolution, Arughan (the arrogant Pokemon ftw) this design was inspired one day when I was doodling out of boredom, and suddenly in came my cousin's Shit Tzu. Shuzu and it's evolution are Normal Types, and it's safe to say Shuzu is Skitty's Canine Counterpart...

blustang.jpg

This is Blustang, and it's evolution Barkuda. I'm still thinking if they should be Water/ Dark, or water/ Poison...

Well, that's it for now. Next time, I'll show you my 6 (I have so far created 150 fakemon, split into 2 generations) Starters, as well as some designs on trainers....

note: No Stealing Please, these are copyrighted Works!

Very nice indeed! I especially like Usamars, though the middle evolution seems slightly odd, since the first and last look like rabbits, yet the ears of the middle one don't match at all. Is it intended to be a form of cocoon?

starters.jpg

As promised, here are the six starters!
Clockwise from Top Left: Mintea, Kurisenshi, Salember, Awatako, Dewble and Faltot
Mintea and Kurisenshi are grass types, while Salember and Faltot are fire types, and Dewble and Awatako are water types.
notes:Kurisenshi loosely means "chestnut warrior" while Awatako loosely means "bubble octopus" (although I based Awatako on cuttlefish ^^)

Tune in and maybe I'll post their evolutions as well.

Aww..They are all so adorable!! I really really like Shuzu!! It's so adorable! I wish it was a real pokemon!! =D I wouldnt defiently catch it! Lol..Keep it up your drawing is so good!! -^-^-!

Your fakemon look so real.
o.o
I can't wait to see the rest! xD

Part of me wants to do a fakemon adventure roleplay with your pokemon, they are so cool!

But, I am wondering, will you be coloring your works at all?
I would love to see them in their invisioned coloring.
Or if you aren't going to color, could I give my hand at it, and PM you the results when I finally finish? xD

Your fakemon look so real.
o.o
I can't wait to see the rest! xD

Part of me wants to do a fakemon adventure roleplay with your pokemon, they are so cool!

But, I am wondering, will you be coloring your works at all?
I would love to see them in their invisioned coloring.
Or if you aren't going to color, could I give my hand at it, and PM you the results when I finally finish? xD

Well, I am planning on coloring them. But that's probably a long way off hehe. you could color them if you like. PM me so I know who you want to color and I can tell you what colors you'll need...

They are very good drawlings ......heck they're awesome, except that the look kinda over detailed ( not that it's a bad thing ) I like the middle right one, a lot
You should give them names

Nice pics, RX. I love your art style.

Under your Ufobun, et al., picture, you said you were having trouble coming up with names? Have you considered something with the acronym EBE (Extraterrestrial Biological Lifeform), or, dare I say, ALF (Alien Life Form)? Usamars could instead be Ebegi or Ebagi or something.

starters.jpg

As promised, here are the six starters!
Clockwise from Top Left: Mintea, Kurisenshi, Salember, Awatako, Dewble and Faltot
Mintea and Kurisenshi are grass types, while Salember and Faltot are fire types, and Dewble and Awatako are water types.
notes:Kurisenshi loosely means "chestnut warrior" while Awatako loosely means "bubble octopus" (although I based Awatako on cuttlefish ^^)

Tune in and maybe I'll post their evolutions as well.
I am really impressed by your fakemon, I really like your 2nd starter (right hand corner).It has a grassy-like-feeling.

They are very good drawlings ......heck they're awesome, except that the look kinda over detailed ( not that it's a bad thing ) I like the middle right one, a lot
You should give them names
They do have names, if you bother to read the text below the pic. The middle right would be Salember.

[quote author:princeRiolu link=topic=2056.msg21468#msg21468 date=1181268403]
I am really impressed by your fakemon, I really like your 2nd starter (right hand corner).It has a grassy-like-feeling.
[/quote]
Why thank you. It is a grass type after all.

Well, with the opening of my new fan fic here on Pokecharms, I've decided to release my Fakemon in numerical Order. So, here's page one of the Arpein Pokedex...

arpeindexa.jpg

I'll start from the top left going down in columns.

Mintea
Aromatic Pokemon
Grass type
Mintea collects photosynthetic energy from the leaf on it's back. The seeds on its tail are said to grow into a very beautiful and fine-scented plant when released

Locira
Dash Pokemon
Grass Type
Evolves from Mintea
Locira can be seen hunting in packs, they dash across the grasslands and can identify each other by their sweet scents. Each Pack of Locira are said to have a specific scent.

Tyrannaur
Generator Pokemon
Grass Type
Evolves from Locira
Tyrannaur can hold large sums of photosynthetic energy in their bodies, which they use to power their fast metabolism. They sleep all night long due to the lack of energy to fuel their powerful bodies.

Faltot
Convection Pokemon
Fire type
Faltot hatch from their eggs only in extreme amounts of heat, such as volcanic areas where they tend to nest. When their tail is fully developed they use this to fan themselves as they tend to store too much heat in their bodies.

Falcomet
Convection Pokemon
Fire/Flying Type
Evolves from Faltot
Falcomet emits hot air surrounding its body so that it can float upwards. It is known to leave a trail of vapor int the air as it dives down to hunt.

Falgriff
Convection Pokemon
Fire/Flying Type (I'd make it a Fire/Dragon but that wouldn't be fair for a starter)
Evolves from Falcomet
Falgriff are mostly found in the mountains, hollowing out icy caves with their flames for them to rest in. They are extremely powerful flyers and can be seen streaking the sky with long flames.

Dewble
Bubble Egg Pokemon
Water Type
Dewble are hatched underwater, and are kept in a bubble of air until their breathing is adjusted to fit the water. Their shiny skin is covered by a film that protects them from infections.

Wavelarr
Gurgling Pokemon
Water Type
Evolves from Dewble
Wavelarr have highly developed vocal cords, which it can use to imitate sounds. Each Wavelarr is said to have its own song, which they sing to attract mates.

Khankarr
Sonar Pokemon
Water Type
Evolves from Wavelarr
Khankarr are extremyl swift swimmers, and on land can jum great distances with their powerful legs. Their loud voices are said to shatter rocks in sonic pulses.

Marval
Apple Worm Pokemon
Bug/Grass Type
Marval eggs are laid within apples, and when they hatch, the apple grows around them and fuses with their body (lol eww) These Pokemon live in trees, and are said to gain sustenance from the apple fused to them. When it is completely withered, they shed this and begin to evolve.

Pupyrus
Pupa Pokemon
Bug/grass Type
Evolves from Marval
Pupyrus dangle in the trees, hanging from the hooked appendage they evolved with. This hook also functions by pumping sap from the tree to feed the Pokemon inside.

Chemystier
Apothecary Pokemon
Bug/Flying Type
Evolves from Pupyrus
Each of Chemystier's Four wings holds a specific kind of powder. It releases them in the air in varying amounts to create effective poisons and scents.

Drillwig
Burrow Pokemon
Bug/Ground Type
Drillwig have tough but brittle exoskeletons, too much damage can result in breaking it's exoskeleton and leaving it invulnerable. This is why Drillwig stay underground, coming out for short periods to capture food.

Beetalion
Battalion Pokemon
Bug/Ground Type
Evolves from Drillwig
Having gained a strong shell, Beetalion are known to be firece fighters who don't back down form challenges. Their powerful horns can shatter rocks and trees as it charges.

Ledayby
Three star Pokemon
Bug Type
Bred from Ledyba or Ledian
Ledayby are born at night, and develop a love for the stars. They are unable to fly yet and tend to build up too much energy collected from stars, causing them to glow.

Terronta
Thick-legged Pokemon
Bug/Dark Type
Evolves from Ariados
Terronta attach silk net traps to fruits in trees, where it hides and waits for prey to take them and be captured. Their venom can even make trees rot.

Well, you got what you wanted, Xanth, here's page 2 of the Arpein Pokedex...
arpeindexb.jpg

Sparrot
Flustered Pokemon
Normal/Flying
Sparrot are very violent and ill-tempered Pokemon. Despite this, they often gather in groups to build nests on cliffsides. Sparrot's continually molt their feathers until they are ready to evolve.

Marklaw
Plumage Pokemon
Normal/Flying
Evolves from Sparrot
It's elegant plumage glitters in seven colors as it flies. When a Marklaw feather falls near you, it is said to be a sign of good luck.

Hymning
Humming Pokemon
Normal/Flying
This POkemon is quite small and delicate, it avoids danger by flying at high speeds to avoid damaging its fragile wings

Sonnit
Sonic Pokemon
Normal/Flying
Evolves from Hymning
Sonnit are attracted to sweet music, and alternates the beating of its wings according to the rhythm it hears. Their beaks are sharp enough to pierce wood in order to feed on the sap inside.

Thrustler
Fencing Pokemon
Steel/Flying
Evolves from Sonnit
Thrustler move and attack in certain rhythms, and no two Thrustler share the same rhythm. This Pokemon prefers to use its powerful legs to jump and dash around. It only flies when traveling great distances.

Jingell
Chime Pokemon
Normal
Jingell are said to live on the moon together with clefairies. They're relationship is said to have taught the Clefairies how to use metronome after listening to the enchanting sounds this Pokemon makes.

Wringell
Chime Pokemon
Normal
Evolves from Jingell
The sweet rings coming from the ornaments on Wringell's ears are said to be used to cast spells.

Bombat
Demolition Pokemon
Dark/Flying
Bombat create their bombs from apriconrs and other natural substances. They use thes in order to hollow out caves for them to sleep in. Despite their sensitive hearing, the explosions do not seem to agitate them.

Evilot
Demolition Pokemon
Dark/Flying
Evolves from Bombat
Evilot are attracted to loud noises, and are often found nesting under bridges in towns and cities. They only sleep when it is very noisy, and will stay awake as long as it is silent.

Pyndrile
Stonepin Pokemon
Ground
Pyndrile's Behaviour and Physiology suggests this POkemon is closely related to Sandshrew. It digs shallow pits where it sleeps and can often be seen with its spikes pointing out of the ground.

Spydral
Quickpin Pokemon
Ground/Fighting
These Pokemon can manipulate the ground around them with their powerful claws in order to build large tunnels where they live in. Because thei claws are tough and sharp, they are unable to hold objects.

Kenseeko
Sweet Seed Pokemon
Grass
Kenseeko are often seen dancing about int the forests, this is actually a manner for them to keep their large heads balanced while moving. Kenseeko are also described to be dancing to the rhythm of the forest.

Floriking
Valiant Pokemon
Grass
Evolves from Male Kenseeko
Floriking in earlier civilizations were very close with humans, and thus have evolved with a sense of friendliness and composure. They have excellent manners and can understand human speech.

Floriquin
Elegant Pokemon
Grass
Evolves from Female Kenseeko
When a Floriquin is attracted to another Pokemon, it asks to dance with him in hopes of winning his affection. Floriquin give off a sweet scent that calms you ands makes you more friendly.

Pumpuff
Helium Pokemon
Normal/Flying
The happier a Pumpuff is, the higher up it flies. Pumpuff particularly like playing in the clouds.

Geysel
Air Cannon Pokemon
Normal/Flying
evolves from Pumpuff
Geysel use the powerful cannons on their back to launch them high up. They can also create sudden gusts of wind with these cannons. If a Geysel is Agitated, it can make a sound similar to a train whistle.

Very nice! Geysel is most definitely a favourite thanks to the description and expression it has. It's great to see more fakemon that look like they could actually be in a Pokémon game. Excellent stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dun worry, I'll try to help out. ^^

Ozzybeans, as if you didn't notice, is helping me in Spriting my fakemon, so check out his outstanding work sometime...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Lots of dinosaur/lizard/dragon-ish Pokemon, eh? Me likes... pretty well all of them. Spydral is a definite fave of mine, both by the design and the type, but I rather like Tyrannaur and Falgriff too. Your lineart is nice and clean, and the proportions look really good. Do you ever plan to color anything?

Looking forward to these sprites posted by Ozzy :)

Although Spydral was a designed about a decade ago (before GS no less) He's sort of my reply to Lucario...

Onward to page 3...
arpeindexc.jpg

Lorell
Water Nymph Pokemon
Water Type
Lorell can be seen skimming across the lake and nest in the marshes. The jewels that decorate their ears are said to keep them afloat.

Flowrante
Water Nymph Pokemon
Water/Ice Type
Evolves from female Lorell
The jewel on it's chest is said to be its heart, and is only as pure as the water of the lake or pond it lives in. Flowrante are said to worship the legendary spirit of the north windss, Suicune.

Sluggom
Top Pokemon
Water Type
Sluggom move about by tucking themselves within their shell and rolling across the sea floor. It can stay underwater for long periods of time, owing to its advanced respiratory system.

Beigomma
Buzzsaw Pokemon
Water/Fighting Type
Evolves from Sluggom
When two Sluggom join together, they evolve into Beigomma. They use their heads in the same manner fighting Pokemon use their fists. Their crowns are also said to release a powerful toxin with every "punch."

Twistail
Ring tail Pokemon
Normal Type
When a Twistail is born, it must learn to control its tail first. They keep their tails coiled up so that they can immediately use it as a spring to escape from predators.

Taillash
Monochrome Pokemon
Normal Type
Evolves from Twistail
It wags it's two tails to confuse opponents. It moves at high speeds and is often described to look like a black and white streak passing by.

Spectorb
Fighting Spirit Pokemon
Ghost Type
This Pokemon is known as "the spirit of valor" and was often seen during wars, mistaken to be floating helmets. Historical accounts speak of Great Military leaders who always entered a battle with a Spectorb

Flectre
Fighting Spirit Pokemon
Ghost/Fighting Type
evolves from Spectorb
Flectre mostly haunt old dojos, as they are attracted to the people's fighting spirits. It can become transparent, making it a difficult opponent to hit.

Hatchip
Static Pokemon
Electric/Flying type
When a hatchip is ready to hatch, it's egg glows brightly and dispels static electricity. Hatchip travel in small groups, clinging to each other's static.

Elecoop
Young Fowl Pokemon
Electric/Flying Type
Evolves from Hatchip
Elecoop feed on small insects, and stun them with electricity before eating them. These Pokemon eat a lot to build up on energy.

Henra
Nurture Pokemon
Electric/Flying Type
Evolves from female Elecoop
Their feathers resemble clouds, and they use these to keep their eggs warm. They send out static waves around them to protect their nests.

Rostar
Champion Fowl POkemon
Electric/Flying Type
Evolves from Male Elecoop
Rostar are speedy Pokemon, and a re often used to ride from town to town. They can turn their beaks into magnetic compasses to locate their destinations.

Tarzine
Nocturnal Pokemon
Dark Type
Tarzine live high the treetops, hanging on thin bamboo stalks. When several of them gather, their glowing eyes resemble starry skies.

Marodor
Calf Pokemon
Normal Type
Female Marodor evolve into Miltank
Male Marodor evolve into Tauros
One can tell whether a Marodor is male or female by the color of the patch on their head. They use their pacifier as a ring, which their parents wrap their tails around so it won't get lost.

Doublitt
Gumball Pokemon
Normal Type
Evolves from Ditto
Doublitt has a wider range of forms to transform into, as well as a more versatile range of attacks. These Pokemon are very social, often transforming into another Pokemon to join it's group.

Giraverse
Opposite Pokemon
Dark/Psychic Type
Evolves from Girafarig
Its horns emits psychic waves to confuse predators as it feeds. It's tail possesses equal intelligence as its head and is much more friendly in comparison.

Again, very nice! The Hatchip line is great, since another electric and flying mix is welcome. Marodor finally ties Tauros and Miltank together, so that's also good. The designs once again are nicely done indeed. 61 illustrated so far, you're well on your way now.

lol at doublitt, I was thinking if its transform would be
a)the ability to randomly into a POkemon it has encountere din battle or
b) the ability to transform into a random pokemon of either yours or the opponents

-mauls all o' RX's creations-

-at once-

ILU 'EM! If I wazzn't moving at the moment, I'd spaz out and stalk yew in order to get in on coloring some/all of them. 'cause they're kawaii x

=333333

And now for something somewhat different, meh fanfic characters....
rocket13001.jpg

Introducing Team Rocket's Elite 13!!
I-? ? ? ?
II- Glacia
III- Naga
IV- Ringo
V- Smith
VI- Gerard
VII- Yoko
VIII- Gaea
IX- Ronnie
X- ? ? ? ?
XI- Carson
XII- Andy
XIII- Alex

(find the numbers)

Rocket's 13 are dispatched into the land of Arpein under direct orders from Giovanni. They're objective: to become the most notorious group ever known in the region. But their leader, Number 1, has other ideas. In his pursuit of power, Number 1 hopes to awaken the 3 legendary dragons, Haylong, Romeria, and Tundrarg, and establish his own Order. Will he Succeed?

Each member of Rocket's 13 specializes in a specific Pokemon Type. Although their personalities vary, they are a tightly-knit bunch, and don't take kindly to betrayal, as exemplified by their vengeance on the treachery of the mysterious tenth member, codename: Rocket X.

Although they have villainous intentions, they are nevertheless trusted by their Pokemon. What troubles could they be bringing to the land of Arpein for Ash and his new friends?

lol...mega spoiler for my fanfic, but I doubt I divulged too much, although quite enough to leave you curious...
*eyebrow twitch*
fufufufufufufufufufufufufufu....

*loves fakemon*

they're all awesome. they might be a bit girafarig, salamence, and zangoose-esque, but they're all awesome.

this is like stel's bio-art (yeah, that's what i call it) and game freak stuff combined.

cute enough to market, and real enough to be believable.

and on the fanfic: i never expected to see...well, the most ash-like character eva in a rocket team. so, it works out pretty darn well =D

*loves fakemon*

they're all awesome. they might be a bit girafarig, salamence, and zangoose-esque, but they're all awesome.

this is like stel's bio-art (yeah, that's what i call it) and game freak stuff combined.

cute enough to market, and real enough to be believable.

and on the fanfic: i never expected to see...well, the most ash-like character eva in a rocket team. so, it works out pretty darn well =D

it is purely, utterly and surely a coincidence that Alex looks exactly like Hoenn Ash...
fufufufufufufufufufufufufu....

Hey all, it's been a while,admittedly even longer since I wrote in my fan fic, but anyway, here's page 4 of the Arpein Pokedex...

arpeindexd.jpg

Lumignat
Blast Bug Pokemon
Fire/Bug type
Lumignat will sit motionless waiting for its prey, before suddenly flying forward with the prupulsion produce by its tail. They stay low on the ground to prevent trees and plants from catching fire.

Bombye
Bomb Pokemon
Electric/Fire type
evolves into Voltorb
It shows its affection for someone by burning the fuse on its head vigorously. Sometimes, these young pokemon have a hard time controlling their explosions

Glacyle
Artic Pokemon
Ice/Steel type
Glacyle are found in the north, slowly swimming under thick sheets of Ice. They're tough bodies can withstand the cold, and they themselves are known to freeze objects that touch them.

Glacyx
Artic Pokemon
Ice/Steel type
Evolves from Glacyle
Glacyx sleep while encased in ice to protect them from the weather. They shatter bits of ice to eat using powerful metallic roars.

Gouramin
Thresher Pokemon
Water type
Gouramin attract bugs to sit on its tail before catching them. When schools of gouramin can be seen swimming, their tails resemble a large moving marsh

Dolphanim
Sonar Pokemon
Water/Psychic type
Evolves from Gouramin
These highly intelligent pokemon are said to be able to communicate with machines. Int he ocean, they can emit psychic waves that can be felt from several miles away.

Monocel
Cellular Pokemon
Poison type
Monocel are said to be microscopic organisms that mutated and grew. Nevertheless, it is registered to be the smallest pokemon yet. Monocel often feed on disease carrying microbes, and are a big help to the medical community.

Gleechin
Leech Pokemon
Poison type
Evolves from Monocel
Gleechin are said to suck away all harmful onbects from its host. Gleechin can stay attached to their host for a long time.

Tentarmory
Double Jet Pokemon
Water Type
Evolves from Octillery
Tentarmory swim swiftly through the water by firing a projectile from its mouth. It's pointy tail can also fire projectiles and can spear prey.

Nuttomb
Nut pokemon
Grass type
Nuttomb bury themselves in the soil to obtain nutrients. They're hard shells can even burrow through rocks and mountains

Petaleen
Seedling pokemon
Grass type
evolves from Nuttomb
This Pokemon tends to stay atop tall trees collecting sunlight. Their boundless energy makes them persistent in whatever they do.

Berriold
Mature Pokemon
Grass/Fighting type
Evolves from Petaleen
Berriold often discard the berries on their heads, but another one grows back. This pokemon is oddly strong and scares of intruders with its walking stick.

Emptylo
Shell Pokemon
Grass/Ghost type
Evolves from Petaleen together with Berriold
After a Berriold discards its shell, a wandering spirit takes it to protect itself from the weather and harmful attacks. Emptylo spirits are said to draw an unknown power from the shell to learn Grass attacks.

Vlademere
Lonesome Pokemon
Dark type
Vlademere appear in abandoned houses in search of playmates. It is said a Vlademere is formed form the memories and emotions left in an abandoned home.

Vlademi
Graceful Pokemon
Dark/Psychic type
Evolves from Vlademere
Vlademi hum an eerie, but otherwise beautiful tune. They do this because these Pokemon enjoy dancing.

Vlademare
Enigmatic POkemon
Dark/Psychic Type
Evolves from female Vlademi
Vlademare are said to appear during a full moon to draw energy form it. The earring that hangs form their horn is said to contain immense power.

I still can't figure out how to place the names with the pokemon, they're too hard to find the names for, at least for me... x.x

I like that minature Dragon especially! The bottom-left. =D

That's Glacyx...

If this were the page

-----------------------------------------------------
lumignat Gouramin Tentarmory Emptylo

Bombye Dolphanim Nuttomb Vlademere

Glacyle Monocel Petaleen Vlademi

Glacyx Gleechin Berriold Vlademare
-----------------------------------------------------

ok, i think doing the page like that, or editing on the names by the pkmn on the page, would help out a bit more, because i got confused on the emptylo definition because i though it was vlademere...

btw, i like the Vlademere line best, though im not sure if i'd evolve Vlademi or not

There's a male variant, but that's on the next page....Emptylo, if you haven't noticed is another one of those Shedinja-class evolutions....

Once again Rocket X, I just have to say they're magnificent. I'd love to see all these in sprite form. My favourites from the latest page are Monocel, Gleechin, Tentarmory, Glacyx, Gouramin and the Vlademere line. I can't actually narrow it down from them since the designs are great and evocative of the whole Pokémon feel. A seriously big well done to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gleechin is secretly a powerhouse, he's one of my fave evolutions...

adn while we wait for page 5...

geist.jpg

Another single evolution line pic, and this pokemon has to be one of my fave designs evar.

Grudgeon (bottom left), Geistol (upper left) and Geisteel (right) while Grudgeon and Geistol are purely Ghost Types, Geisteel is a Ghost/Steel type (guillotine Pokemon ftw)

I stinking love Glacyx. It's just pwnsome. Awesome job, RX. The Vlade line is sweet, too. Dolphanim is adorable... I've always had a soft spot for Dolphins.

And thank you for the explanation.

This last page reminds me, most pleasantly, of Kingdom Hearts... It' so cool, and I'm glad there's a pure ghost, that doesn't stink, somewhere. Ghost/Steel is very original. Guillotine pokemon.... Lol. Dang it, you've got drawing skills man! They're very clean, do you ever make mistakes? Nothing of them are messed up by pencil/eraser smudges at all.

The last three are Black and white (so they're already coloured lol), cept their eyes are red....

I did loosely base the Grudgeon line on Nobodies. Good eye there ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.