• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Armored Pokemon RP Discussion

I might have to make a new character here since Minun might not be interacting for quite a while or maybe even never since he had pulled it off. He took the blueprints, got away... and well he's at an unknown place now thinking of what to do with it. I might post on what he does, but he isn't gonna really be interacting with the story now, so making a new character to replace him most likely! I'm also making a little puzzle on some since why not?

Species: Lizard Pokémon
Name: 3, 8, 1, 18, 12, 5, 19
Armor description: N/A (Like Minun, he also hates wearing armor. Most would be too big and heavy for him to wear.)
Skills: This will be revealed in the RP as he uses them.
Personality: Hardy, short fused, defensive around friends, often uses might to settle problems

Last edited:
I might have to make a new character here since Minun might not be interacting for quite a while or maybe even never since he had pulled it off. He took the blueprints, got away... and well he's at an unknown place now thinking of what to do with it. I might post on what he does, but he isn't gonna really be interacting with the story now, so making a new character to replace him most likely! I'm also making a little puzzle on some since why not?

Species: Lizard Pokémon
Name: 3, 8, 1, 18, 12, 5, 19
Armor description: N/A (Like Minun, he also hates wearing armor. Most would be too big and heavy for him to wear.)
Skills: This will be revealed in the RP as he uses them.
Personality: Hardy, short fused, defensive around friends, often uses might to settle problems
Okay.

Okay, I think there's a problem with the roleplay at this moment.
1.) Mega evolution is only supposed to happen with a stone, strong trainer bond, and the trainers stone.
2.) Isn't there some kind of permission you have to get before doing mega evolution? According to the rules, it says that "Any Mega Pokémon needs to be authorized by one of the RP moderators - PM us with your request, citing the character (complete with up-to-date character bio), the Pokémon, and sufficient proof of the bond between the Trainer and Pokémon, as well as the way they attained a Mega Stone and Key Stone. These must be plausible enough to be considered."

Once more, if there is anything I'm missing, please do tell me. I'm still sort of new here so I could be making a mistake. Sorry if so X.x

^ @~:Mist:~ Essentially what I was gonna say but she said it in a more detailed way and she did beat me to it... and yep there are kinda some problems which are unfortunate.

-covers ears as a Kurusu-

(Well, we are far enough into the future in this roleplay that I think Mega Evolution might be able to happen normally. Besides, Gaia's Mega Evolution is only possible when it's aura strength maximizes. That's kinda complex, and Gaia can't even use it for that long. Only 15 Minutes. )

Yeah but...

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS... Mega Evolutions require a stone, and some sort of bracelet device for them to actually work. And also..Mega Evolutions work on Friendship and Bonding, NOT anger and abuse.

Also, did anyone figure out my new character yet? :3

Fine, Gaia won't mega Evolve ever again. The reason he was able to Mega Evolve in the first place is because of Aura, and I said that was a very complex subject to talk about.

Yes, and while i could argue Charles' first point by saying that if it is in them than maybe it can be unlocked naturally, BUT he is right about his second point. Mega Evolution is powered on GOOD emotions

Gaia is one who has mastered Aura. He can filter out emotions of his own aura to strengthen it. If he can gather enough of his Aura and fill it with his positive emotions, he might be able to use Mega Evolution. His armor might have a Lucarionite built into it.

"Gaia is one who has mastered Aura. He can filter out emotions of his own aura to strengthen it. If he can gather enough of his Aura and fill it with his positive emotions, he might be able to use Mega Evolution. His armor might have a Lucarionite built into it."

Even if so, it still goes aganist the main rules of this website. Plus, the rules also require you to ask for permission to use mega evolution and you must also have proof of a strong bond between trainer and Pokemon.

Another thing I'd like to bring up is that there's a little bit of power play. The first kind of power play is.. well literally power play.
"A special power or two are fine (as long as you can explain them properly) - but something to the line of destroying a planet with sheer thought is taking it too far."
I don't know how much power your Pokemon have, but please keep it in a boundary. It also kinda makes other role player like me feel helpless and that my Pokemon is insanely weak in comparison. The next power play is more of just a tiny bit of autoing. This might not apply to everyone, but it really bothers me when someone force hits somebody..
(Ex: Gardevoir used psychic and hit the umbreon with full force, sending him straight into a rock.)
This also goes against the rules, saying that autoing "is the act of controlling another RPer's character without their permission. This may take many different forms - from describing another player's character taking a certain action that their player did not make them take to forcing a hit on another player's character in a battle."

I'm really sorry about having brought this up, but I felt like it was necessary. I also, by no means, am trying to hurt anyone's feelings and I just wanted to make sure that the roleplay would continue thriving at it's full potential. Thank you for understanding :)

...also please don't kill me for typing all of this XD

I was gonna say that... since like they had created energy balls the size of a dang MOON. DO YOU KNOW HOW BIG THAT THIS IS?!

Also well there's no humans in this RP I'd say since there is none, so the trainer part is out of the picture already for trying to get that mega evolution.

-screams as a Kurusu-

Gaia's use of Aura in Ascendant Mode shortens his lifespan. The more he uses it, the more it harms his lifespan. He has about 2 years less he can live now. And he's kinda old for a Lucario.

Don't know what your point is, but if your talking about his insane power, then you may have to talk to a staff member. However, at the moment I still believe that it still goes aganist the rules of insane power. I believe that the compensation of quick aging would work, but even so, it still goes aganist the rules.

Fine. The deal is, in Mega Form he feels pain after he comes back to normal based on how much Aura he used, and he will never use Mega Evolution or Ascendant Mode again.

I just realized that I've never actually role played romance before and I kinda want to try it out. If anyone wants to ship characters, just say so. Please, I don't want to have another lonely character XD
Ooo, but it would be hard too considering this is like a war roleplay?
Eh, I don't care XD

No kidding, I ship em XD

But still, I'm not exactly experienced in that kind of section in roleplaying so I have no idea how to iniate anything or sort of write into a pokemon/person personality X.x

Well since I did make my other character to kinda replace Minun, I might have to of course... state his skills and all here. Also, I kinda briefly forgot to state that this guy can absorb machinery and stuff to power himself up, it might need more explaining as I do have a backstory on him.

Skills:

Solar Restoration: This allows Charmander to heal himself at an accelerated rate, and the restoration rate is proportional to how much HP and PP he has. He is also vulnerable in this state, as he's defenseless, and hitting him in the back will stun him for quite some time before be can react again. Weather also affects the restoration rate. (I.e. Sunny makes it faster, where as hailing would make it slower.)

Nano Guard: Charmander blocks incoming attacks by using his enhanced body to block blows, and even parry them. However, this may fail if he blocks too much damage at a time, and this won't work if he's caught off guard from any attack. (His body will turn black/grayish when doing this, and moves that break protect will also break this.)

Trance Mode: Charmander goes into a trance by clenching his arms and letting out a feral roar, as red markings appear all over his body while dark red aura emits! His attack and speed are enhanced briefly, as he does lose control of himself though. Once it wears off however, his attack and speed will be halved and all buffs will be wiped from him. He will also be confused and his vision and hearing will be fuzzy for quite some time.

Fun Facts: He does work with Minun here. (Leaf might know what I'm talking about.) And also, he is made for going loud and blazing, where as Minun is made for quiet and stealth work.

^ Sounds super cool!
One question though, how many posts would Trance mode be activated for?
2.)
I feel more fighting, thats bad. I'm scared XD