• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Armblades Not Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgeous. I love the wings on it! They look very realistic, and more adapted to flight and swimming, unlike the sprite.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
OutfitSwap_Shaded.png

Gardenia and Ivy, the 4th Gym Leader of Miato... OUTFIT-SWAPPED. For no real reason. I'm crazy.

also

Kuitaran, 'cause Anteaters are ♥.

Pokabu is adorable. But its evolutions... are hardly what I'd call nice looking. Or even NECESSARY. There was NO reason to make ANOTHER Fire/Fighting fire starter (if anything needed a fighting subtype, that'd be Daikenki) and especially one that looks bloody hideous. Egg-shaped World's Strongest Circus Midget DIGIVOLVE TO Flaming Beard Manbearpig Ganon? NO. Just no.

Now I don't know WHAT the hell posessed me to do it but I figured I'd try drawing the final form my style. This lead to also drawing the rest of the line as kind of an after-thought. Which is why Pokabu is so frigging meh.

Aw, outfit swapping made cute. To me, at times, outfit swapping looks bad. However, in both outfits, both Grass ladies look quite good.

Hey, Pokabu's final evolution doesn't look too bad in your style. It has a face, an easily identifiable animal, and fur that looks like fur instead of a suit.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Too bad that Pokabu's second and third stage don't look like that. I'd probably appreciate them more then. :p

Sweet arts, Stel. For something you dislike, that Pokabu line pic came out really nice. ^^

I've already said this in like a bagillion other places but~ <3333333333333333333333~ *and all of my other words become high pitched squees because everything about this picture is beautiful~ :3*

Cygnus X-1 forever <33333~

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Awaken, my art thread, and embrace the glory that is your birthright!

UnovaTeamRidiculous.jpg

Future RP characters belonging to Megan and Myself. What is their story? It will probably be unveiled sometime in the future...

MeganTeam.jpg

Random doodles of Megan's RP team. I felt like doodling them for no real reason.

ThreeSecondUlgamoth.png

And speaking of doodles, here's an MSPaint Ulgamoth done in less than a minute. With a mouse. Hurrrrrrrrrr.

The final thing I have to share with you for now is not a picture, but a piece of music. I originally wrote this in 2002, and felt like re-recording it with an updated form for this year. Without further ado:

Reflections in Raindrops (2010 Version).

You have got some serious skills! I use MSpaint and I would never be able to draw Uglamoth that good! I love the first picture though, Tepig looks so cute~! Your drawings are really detail and really well shaded.

You have some mad mousing skills, Stel. It takes me forever to get nice lines.

Wargle and Snivy are incredibly cute. I love the expressions on their faces.

Awesome drawings as ever Stel :D
I absolutely love Wargle's pose there. It really shows off its American Eagleness. Also, you could make that Ulgamoth drawing a challenge - draw a Pokemon in less than one minute using a mouse.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
HoHoHOLYCRAP.png

"He has a list and he checks it twice, to see who has a brain and who shall get sliced~"

Santa Armblades in Action. Ho Ho HOLY CRAP.

Edit: A little something I drew for Katie as a seasonal avatar. XD

Linkaclaus.png

It's Stellar Claws! :D Lock, Shock, and Barrel would get sliced if they ever tried to capture this Santa Claus. :p

I'm quite fond of the vine beard, as it is nicely unusual.

Aw, Linkachu has some holly on her tail. I love cute things that can kill! :p

DOO-DOO-DA-DOOOOOO!! Linkachu got the Holly Sword.

That Linkachu avvie is simple yet effective, so christmassy and awesome. She even looks furrier than normal, as if she's woolen up for winter. Great job here.

Your own Christmas illustration is top class too, takes elements of your own persona, and gives them that helping of Christmas Cheer. The santa beard of vines, the holly-styled armblades, and that leaf-covered creature (that looks suspiciously like Shibibiiru BTW) in the place of the Santa Hat also part of the great epicness in these photos. The details in this are top class and excellent, keep up the festivities!

D'ahaw :O
Thes drawings are skillage. In the village. *cough*
But yeah, I heart the Christmas Linkachu ♥
Holly armblades for the win!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Oh my~! That is so awesome, Stel. As always, I love your realistic take to the design of each Pokemon and it makes Futachimaru look even more epic than usual. God damn I want that otter. :V

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I rarely have the inspiration to draw lately and now, with these bloody exams on my head, I don't have much time. But here's something random...

KeepinItGangsta.png

Silly names are silly.

My first reaction seeing this was "Whaaaaa?"

Then: "Ba ha ha ha ha!"

The puns are so funny. Also, on Bulbapedia, it did mention that the evolution of Zugguru's mohawk could have been a reference to more rebellious subcultures. This makes sense.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
MoriandSinistral.png

Moriko "Mori" Hayashitani and Sinistral the Zorua - RP characters from elsewhere.

Durrragon.png

I never liked Crimgan the Derpinator and I don't think I ever will. Its design is HUGELY derp.

Then, somehow, thorny devils came to mind, and I figured I might try giving the thing a little bit of dignity, or something.

No those wings are not meant to be functional flying wings. They're probably just for display and thermoregulation.

So I quite like this rendition of Crimgan a lot for some reason. It makes me imagine that the things use their wings to hop around craggy cliffsides, though I also imagine that instead of being their colorful derpy selves, they're brown and such to camouflage themselves and wait for prey, or avoid larger predators. Those large arms have to be good for something besides doing the macarena (worst. animation. ever :V)

Also omfg Smugfox is ldALDKLKDJHajdhakjhksmug :'D Yeah, I have nothing more to add to that. That picture is just bloody adorable.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry! Meant to reply sooner. D:

Your new character looks pretty cool, and I love that smug expression of her Zorua.

As for your take on Crimgan... I love it! The face came out really nicely, as did the tail and wings, and I like how you handled the thorns. I'm actually rather fond of the creature, so I can't say no to random artwork of it - even if you don't like it much personally. XD

You have put cute and dangerous in the same creature, twice in a single post. Stel, you are amazing. The only complaint I have is that your shoes look a little squished.

Ahaha that Cobalion Serperior conversation made me laugh out loud~

Aaw Joltik looks so adorable and you've made Victini look so awesome!

I cannot believe I missed the comparisons between Meoletta and Lady GaGa. Well, because of you, whenever I get one of those Pokemon, I'm naming it Lady GaGa.

I like your Victini design. However, when I saw it, I could only think of the hand gesture that is considered obscene in the UK.

Serperior made me laugh. I have a feeling many people will be naming their Grass starter after royalty.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hurrrrr. I haven't updated this art thread in a while. ^^;

So here's some random stuff I guess.

Scolipede.png

Originally drawn as a birthday present for a friend, and posting because what the hell. Scolipedes are awesome. That is all.

FimoGalvantula.jpg

This was my first attempt at polymer clay stuffs in ages. It could have turned out much better, probably, but I tried. XD

And a few non-pokeymans things:

OwlStampDesign.png

Something I originally drew in relation to an RP elsewhere, but owls ftw so.

WhateverThisIsItsAdorable.png

I'm not quite sure what this critter is but it's adorable.

GodTier_Colin.png

My main Homestuck OC, Colin Atreides, chumhandle biomechArtisan, the Synchronizer of Living Metal, after ascending to the God Tier on the Land of Synthesis and Equilibrium.

CygnusX1-Logo-for-dA.png

Cygnus X-1 Forever~

Dude, squids, owls, spiders, and Scoliopedes? Wow, this is one post full of awesome. A comment I have about the Gavantuala, however, is to use a rounded wooden tool of some sort to smooth out the lines left on the clay after human handling. One can use a wooden spoon for this purpose adequately. When I was helping a friend mold a duck rice bowl, I used it to smooth out the inside bottom of the dish. However, the color choices for the creature are excellent, and the proportions and pose look very realistic.

On another note, the Scoliopede makes me think of a horse. :p It must be the stance.

You seem to not have added anything in particular to Serperior except for making the little leaf 'hands' more hand-like instead of leafy decoration. Nevertheless, the Serperior drawn in your thin-lined, angular style lends its expression more aristocracy.

Servine and Snivy appear to be about equally altered from their Sugimori art. The addition of scales, forked tongues, and realistic eyes has made them much more realistic.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator

Enyo Hundun, trolltag lunarWindrunner, in the midst of a GRIEF session with her Lusus. She is trained in an ancient Troll Martial Art, specifically in the Northern Howling Mantis style - which is all very reasonable as her Lusus IS a Northern Howling Mantis.

Her blood is a hue of Dusty Lavender, which puts her very high on the hemospectrum - pretty much, if her blood was any richer purple she'd have fins. She, however, could not give a millidamn about classes and conspiracies - she's too busy training! When she isn't training, Enyo has a penchant for physics. Having lived the way she has, she is highly conditioned and self-disciplined... which is to be severely tested when she enters the medium and finds her planet (the Land of Fractals and Entropy) is literally a giant fractal particle accelerator governed entirely by the rules of quantum physics and chaos theory and that her mythological role is... well... The Synchronizer of Chaos. >>;

And you thought YOU had a bad day.

That said, when she accepts the chaos within herself and realizes that even the laws of physics as we know it are only the manifestations as we know them of things that move on the quantum scale, she pretty much begins to troll physics. Literally.

Nice. The monochromatic palette is an obvious nod to the games, as well as inverting the usual color scheme of Reshiram.

The wings, tail, and claws are just squee for some reason...:3

:O

You have turned my favorite Gen V Pokemon into a realistic beast. Does it have chemi, bio, etc.-luminescence of some sort? How do the stripes light up in your version like the sprite?

...What. xD

Silly Spoink, the fact that is round and magical doesn't mean it's a good crystal replacement.

Seriously, Stel, an excellent random work of art. I don't think I even want to know how you got the idea to draw this xD

Also, I love the amount of detail you put into the Zebstrika's fur.

Status
Not open for further replies.