• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Aracelis Academy Discussion Thread

That's hardly what i made Violet as, but you probably got the idea from her attention-seeking Fennekin. But hey, Delphox IS awesome. And i guarantee you Sylvia won't be as prissy when she reaches Delphox. xD

That's hardly what i made Violet as, but you probably got the idea from her attention-seeking Fennekin. But hey, Delphox IS awesome. And i guarantee you Sylvia won't be as prissy when she reaches Delphox. xD
Ah fair enough XD It was also due to you mentioning she never liked Pokémon for battling.

I can't wait to battle her myself!

Considering, you may win the battle that happens.
And by 'never liked Pokemon for battling' thing, she means, she chooses adventure over strength. Yeah..
Well who knows how it may go down?
I understand now, that's a reasonable way to think. Flint really doesn't care, as long as he is doing it his way

Hey guys im afraid a slight issue has come to my attention. Due to the way roleplays are set out more like the anime and manga it would appear Steelix is much more overpowered than I had first thought. The damn thing simply crushes everything, super effective damage or not. That's why after thinking about it for some time im gonna swap him out for Druddigon. Sorry to make two sepreate team member switches after already posting what I had thought would be Flint's team. :/

I hope you all see this as a fair switch, I know Druddigon is a dragon but its not a sudo and is arguably the least powerful of the lot. Combined with the fact im losing one of my best powerhouses I saw it as decent trade off.

Hey guys im afraid a slight issue has come to my attention. Due to the way roleplays are set out more like the anime and manga it would appear Steelix is much more overpowered than I had first thought. The damn thing simply crushes everything, super effective damage or not. That's why after thinking about it for some time im gonna swap him out for Druddigon. Sorry to make two sepreate team member switches after already posting what I had thought would be Flint's team. :/

I hope you all see this as a fair switch, I know Druddigon is a dragon but its not a sudo and is arguably the least powerful of the lot. Combined with the fact im losing one of my best powerhouses I saw it as decent trade off.
well since when your pokemon faints is determined by you it wont be overpowered as long as it isnt taking like 20 super effective moves with like no damage

well since when your pokemon faints is determined by you it wont be overpowered as long as it isnt taking like 20 super effective moves with like no damage
The problem I have there is I have to be fair to Steelix and its reputation of crushing anything regardless of type and or power level. That and I realised its a little big to just have around in many situations XD

But yet a Steelix in the anime also takes several flamethrowers from a torkoal like they were nothing.

Besides is their something wrong with Druddigon?
well, i dont see steelix being that overpowered i mean this will be fairly late in the RP and with fully evolved pokemon i dont think it can take that many super effectives >_>
nothing wrong with Druddigon ive never used it though

well, i dont see steelix being that overpowered i mean this will be fairly late in the RP and with fully evolved pokemon i dont think it can take that many super effectives >_>
nothing wrong with Druddigon ive never used it though
Druddigon is a fine little dragon type, used one in my Pokémon white play through and loved it to bits. So although I see your points about Steelix im gonna change it to Druddigon regardless because it wont have any effect on the roleplay other than what Pokémon I chose to have fun with :)

Oh and it also helps prevent that nasty fire weakness

Last edited:
Via! Your back, good to see you :)
Also am I good to wake Flint up? I think every character has gone bed? And if people plan on having dream sequences they can just put them in the same post they wake up

I made a proper collage for my entire team but for some reason the image link wont work....this sucks

Im considering using a tumblr account or something to post anything arty to do with this roleplay in. Is that a good idea?

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been on, like at all. I've just been having a lot of stuff going on. I'm finally going to push this role-play forward so get ready! Also Jake, I love the idea of a Druddigon in the RP! The little dragon sure can pack some power if you use it right and I believe that it will do much better than Steelix. Though I do love Steelix, I think that having some pokemon that aren't used very much can totally benefit this RP.

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been on, like at all. I've just been having a lot of stuff going on. I'm finally going to push this role-play forward so get ready! Also Jake, I love the idea of a Druddigon in the RP! The little dragon sure can pack some power if you use it right and I believe that it will do much better than Steelix. Though I do love Steelix, I think that having some pokemon that aren't used very much can totally benefit this RP.
Thanks man! I love using underused Pokémon, they need love too

Exactly, same here that's why I'm using most of my team! I absolutely love these guys! Arcanine is the only over-used pokemon, may be slight;y over-powered but I thought I would give the team a bit of love. And Arcanine is my favorite Fire-type.

385357_trainercard-Kace_Orlin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, the pokemon that I have described in my most recent post is Haxorus. I thought that giving Professor Maple a threatening pokemon would be really cool. The reason I didn't just say Haxorus is due to the fact that it's from the eyes of an inexperienced trainer.

I think that having one thing with the power level of Arcanine is perfectly fine when the rest of your team is so balanced.
I will get on my post right away!

I wasn't originally going to do that scene, but after it came to my head i couldn't think of anything else..... and it worked because Cyndaquil is supposed to be a timid pokemon. Well there goes, peoples mental image of my character.... >_<

You know after thinking about it, how would we even use TMs in an RP? Its not like you could load it into the pokemon's head or something >_> so wouldn't the only real way of learning non lvl up moves be the move tutor?
Im interested, what kind of timezones have we got in this rp? Im Greenwhich meantime or in other words UK
Ah, i'm GMT -5

You know after thinking about it, how would we even use TMs in an RP? Its not like you could load it into the pokemon's head or something >_> so wouldn't the only real way of learning non lvl up moves be the move tutor?

Ah, i'm GMT -5
I believe TM's are like little vinyl records you play to your Pokémon

but in that case it'd be pretty easy to learn moves
for example lets say i want my Bunneary to learn Ice Beam
cant i just catch an ice type then have it use Ice beam while Bunneary watches?
It sounds more efficient that watching a recording ....

but in that case it'd be pretty easy to learn moves
for example lets say i want my Bunneary to learn Ice Beam
cant i just catch an ice type then have it use Ice beam while Bunneary watches?
It sounds more efficient that watching a recording ....
Look man, I don't make the rules, this is just how it is because Nintendo are about as logical as an oven made of ice. Im afraid you'll just have to accept that it is this way. And who knows, maybe those vinyls effect a Pokémons brainwaves or something

As I said, TMs will not be easily obtainable in this RP due to the distance from any regular community. Keeping with the move pools of pokemon will be more challenging and will cause the trainers to use more strategy, like in the anime, instead of super effective moves. Ash is one of the stupidest trainers out there but he has some kind of strategy that works.