• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Aracelis Academy Discussion Thread

Changed my team just a little, I figured that I had too many Pokémon of similar combat styles so this is the new version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Changed my team just a little, I figured that I had too many Pokémon of similar combat styles so this is the new version.
Hmm a Fire type with a good move-set could practically sweep your team though, Typhlosion isn't even considered to have a good moveset but After a sunny day
Solar beam, Eruption/Fire Blast/Flamethrower(needs high sp.atk), Shadow claw/(shadow ball for others), and Focus Blast

okay well its not like every fire type will just happen to have these moves but 1/2 your team takes double damage to fire, quadruple for Abomasnow and most fire types can learn solar beam ;-;
You should contemplate a good battle style to combat those possibilities >_>

Last edited by a moderator:
It will create a weakness to the already strong battler that is Flint Kapkan! I love the Abomnasnow aspect because you never really see them in role-plays. I'm also excited for Yanmega; after seeing it I wanted to add one to my own team! Great work!

Hmm a Fire type with a good move-set could practically sweep your team though, Typhlosion isn't even considered to have a good moveset but After a sunny day
Solar beam, Eruption/Fire Blast/Flamethrower(needs high sp.atk), Shadow claw/(shadow ball for others), and Focus Blast
Thanks _rb3!

okay well its not like every fire type will just happen to have these moves but 1/2 your team takes double damage to fire, quadruple for Abomasnow and most fire types can learn solar beam ;-;
You should contemplate a good battle style to combat those possibilities >_>

Yeah don't worry about the fire weakness, after all almost every single Pokemon there has a counter to fire as well :) considering half of them are TM moves as well, which aren't going to be easy to get a hold of, particularly ones like focus blast, solar beam and shadow ball. So let's be fair your Typholsion is going to have one of them max
But thanks _rb3!

Last edited:
Yeah don't worry about the fire weakness, after all almost every single Pokemon there has a counter to fire as well :) considering half of them are TM moves as well, which aren't going to be easy to get a hold of, particularly ones like focus blast, solar beam and shadow ball. So let's be fair your Typholsion is going to have one of them max
But thanks _rb3!
>_> true, i might have to mainly rely on the normal move pool and maybe egg moves, but considering this is an Academy there should be somewhere to learn TM's >_> right?

Well I imagine to stop things getting out of hand we will be limited to one or two TM's per mon. I mean otherwise my Furret could know basically every move under the sun :p

Well I imagine to stop things getting out of hand we will be limited to one or two TM's per mon. I mean otherwise my Furret could know basically every move under the sun :p
I kinda like the idea because then battle would be more reliant on the trainers own ability to think rather than moveset ~

But on the other hand everybody is just gonna spam super effective moves they learnt via TM, taking away from the trainers ability to think rather heavily. Lets face it every single Pokémon learns enough coverage moves to hit at least 70% of the game and if we have access to all those moves....well its just gonna be a little ridiculous because nobody is ever truly going to have a counter.

Last edited:
Well then if you have a Pokémon that can learn ice beam no problem, its just if it has to learn it by TM chose wisely. I think making us think about movesets instead is the better way to go about things. :)

I do see why you would think of this as a unwanted hindrance but seeming as it hinders everybody in taking the lazy way out its probably for the best dont you think?

Well then if you have a Pokémon that can learn ice beam no problem, its just if it has to learn it by TM chose wisely. I think making us think about movesets instead is the better way to go about things. :)

I do see why you would think of this as a unwanted hindrance but seeming as it hinders everybody in taking the lazy way out its probably for the best dont you think?
Hmm okay i can agree with that line of thought
though in that case i wonder if there's a move tutor in the academy ~

Hey everyone! You know, I believe that I listed that Trainers at the Academy don't have normal things as a trainer due to the Academy's distance from any community. Tm's will be very hard to come by but I think that I can throw something in there through reaching a certain level in the academy. I have some plans that will be really cool for the RP.

Hey everyone! You know, I believe that I listed that Trainers at the Academy don't have normal things as a trainer due to the Academy's distance from any community. Tm's will be very hard to come by but I think that I can throw something in there through reaching a certain level in the academy. I have some plans that will be really cool for the RP.
Sounds awesome man, cant wait :D

Hey everyone, look what I did with all the trainer cards everyone has posted for the RP. It's nothing fancy but I'm happy with how it turned out.
IMG_20161006_200805860.jpg

It was certainly an excellent piece of writing, so much content :)
If you want to see stupid amounts of writing you should check out the other two roleplays I'm in Once upon a time in Suimera and The dark tournament