• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Anime Short Trailer For Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 Released

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
axiutg.png

Some of you may remember that yesterday, among a ton of Pokémon news, it was rumoured that an anime short to promote Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 was in the works. Today the video has been officially revealed and it gives a few details to do with the two games. Read on to find out more!

Read More

Re: Anime Short Trailer For Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 Releas

And that short anime trailer for the games looks better than anything the main anime has been like for years.

I really feel like they're possibly testing the waters with ending Ash's story. Team Rocket have appeared in less than 40% of BW's episodes, (prior to this, the thought of TR missing an episode since their debut was unthinkable), and they're building Ash up to battle Champions. I know its a longshot, but it really feels like they could finally be moving on.

Stuff like this is what we should see more of this gen and the next.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

That trailer is bloody awesome and does nothing but make me even more excited for B2W2. 8)

Personally I think the most we could hope for regarding this trailer would be an OAV, TV special, or movie based directly on the two games - and that's assuming that anything more will be done with it at all. As much as people will always want it, I can't see Ash going anywhere until the TV series is no longer profitable.

But on a different note... Wouldn't it be nifty if the Pokemon games started including Anime cut-scenes? Being someone who doesn't hate cut-scenes in RPGs, I could dig that. :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

Linkachu said:
But on a different note... Wouldn't it be nifty if the Pokemon games started including Anime cut-scenes? Being someone who doesn't hate cut-scenes in RPGs, I could dig that. :)

It would require a lot more depth than the games have so far managed for that to be worth it, really. Also, we've only just gotten to a point where localisation (ESPECIALLY for Europe) is at a sensible time scale - we don't really want to encourage them to make that worse. :x

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

You crush all of my hopes and dreams, Alex. D:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Doctor Oak said:
Linkachu said:

It would require a lot more depth than the games have so far managed for that to be worth it, really. Also, we've only just gotten to a point where localisation (ESPECIALLY for Europe) is at a sensible time scale - we don't really want to encourage them to make that worse. :x

Basically, this idea needs done at some point, Katiechu. However, only when Nintendo could actually do it without killing the time scale, which likely wouldn't be for a number of years yet.

They could do so much with the idea though. Sure, it'd mean giving us better stories, more depth in the characters, but hey, I don't think I'd find someone who would complain about improving that stuff. It is all doable if they wanted too. :)

On a different note. I really want to know who made that anime short! Its better then the normal anime, which means it was either made by the same team as the movies, or a completely different anime studio. If it was a different studio I would love to know which one, but sadly we likely won't know for awhile, if ever as it isn't that big a detail. ;-;

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

It'll be the same studio, but with a better budget. It helps that it's only a few minutes long. Sadly, any such example of anime cut-scenes with a theoretical Pokemon game would be closer to the more static and cheap tv series than anything else.

That said, they're trying to push the intros into being animated in their own right - so I really wouldn't be surprised if the first 3DS Gen VI title had a fully animated intro scene.

Well, this is impressive. Bravo, I say.

But it would appear that this takes place after the original Black and White games (evidenced by the age of Cheren, the pokemon, and the styles of people. Not to mention that it appears that Bianca is a Professor!), so there is much more to be said.

Not only that, but it seems that pokemon from outside Unova are going to be catchable. A great relief, as it was difficult to use the transfer system in the original Black and White.

Speaking of the new pokemon, did anybody notice the Shadow Triad's apparent role in the next game? They appear to be battleable antagonists, not minor nuisances. Great job!

Also, by the looks of things, it seems like the sages are going to play a different role. With this possibly in the future, it would make sense that the sages have been replaced. Also, if it is in the future, it may be possible that N is not a foe, but a help. After all, he does have a normal legendary, as evidenced by the slimmer shadow above him.

Incidentally, Dragonspiral Tower seems destroyed.
Although when N woke up Reshiram/Zekrom in there, he broke a hole in the wall
, now the roof is gone. Possibly a result of the reformed Team Plasma? After all, it did stand for several hundred years without much damage.

Now. With the single rival format that appears to be brought back, we can focus on one foe. A shame, since it was enjoyable having to work out strategies for two foes who had completely different pokemon. However, maybe this means that the AI will be better? I felt like I was beating a person who didn't know pokemon from baseball, not an elite when I fought Alder.

Speaking of Alder, it does not seem likely that he would be replaced, unless it's by the playable character in Black/White. After all, there is nobody lined up to take the position, Iris is too young and the other one? Well, he must stay.

It does look like The Pokemon Company's going pretty far with this one. Also, since the game has been confirmed to be on the 3DS, we can probably expect some usage. Possibly redesign of moves? Have things like Fusion Flare come out of the screen before coming back in to strike the foe. Aerial views would be interesting. Also, as to cut-scenes, the major disadvantage is that even the 3DS doesn't have the same resolution as the trailer, so don't gauge too much on it. But it probably will happen, after all the games went from no cutscenes except for before a boss fight (HG/SS) or at the climax. I would like to see more N, possible moving more than just his mouth and eyes?

Also, to refute my idea that N is good, the necklace has a ice-blue and gold (oft associated with fire) marking on it, and as it is definitely Reshiram who circles, he may use it as a way to lure Kyurem out.

In any case, it looks like a great game, and not another "Platinum is just Diamond/Pearl with a new boss/Emerald is the same as Ruby/Sapphire!" Possible differences in plot lines between versions, this time instead of just pokemon, hmmm?

I look forward to this game, and I hope you all do too. Hopefully we can control ourselves and not just read everything about the plot when the Japanese version comes out in June. Ja ne!

Whoa, that video was so cool. Especially when the Arcanine and Samuwott attacked the Seviper!

eeveerocks said:
Whoa, that video was so cool. Especially when the Arcanine and Samuwott attacked the Seviper!
I think arcanine used bite or crunch

precita said:
And that short anime trailer for the games looks better than anything the main anime has been like for years.

I really feel like they're possibly testing the waters with ending Ash's story. Team Rocket have appeared in less than 40% of BW's episodes, (prior to this, the thought of TR missing an episode since their debut was unthinkable), and they're building Ash up to battle Champions. I know its a longshot, but it really feels like they could finally be moving on.

Stuff like this is what we should see more of this gen and the next.
I know that was awesome

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

army3232, please edit your posts in future and don't double post.