• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Journey To...Recovery

Grey thought about how terrified this girl must be feeling. He normally wasn't one to act but he supposed he still ought to. He stood calmly from his table, still holding Pixel, and walked towards the girl, hoping he wasn't scaring her. He sat down a few feet away from her without looking at her or saying a word.

"Who flipped that alarm?" Asti asked.
He was very scared of loud noises and wanted to stop who hit it from doing it again. But he also wanted to know who the alarm was flipped on.

Iris wouldn't dare admit to such a heinous act, lest every patient in the room hate her. She couldn't have that.

A familiar, crushing sensation welled up in her chest. Her heart felt like it was in a vice, and she began to shudder, as her eyes welled up. Candy glanced up at her, cooing at her, in show of support, but that did little to help.

The anorexic girl got her pokemon out. It was a minccino. And that did it.

Iris ran from the room, Candy in tow, as she searched for her dorm. She bolted the door shut, pacing around the room as panic took over.

"Wow. I didn't you guys were that easily offended." Asti knew that everyone would probably hate him for saying that, but that's what he thought.

When Grey saw Iris bolt out of the room, looking ready to cry, he had a change of plans.

"Pixel? How about you say hi to our new friends over here? I'll go check on Iris, okay?" Pixel looked very worried when Grey stood up, putting her down next to the girl, but stayed at her side, rubbing up against her and trying to comfort her.

On the way out of the cafeteria, Grey shot Asti a bit of a glare at his comment. He made his way down the hall to what he was fairly sure was Iris's room. He found a note on the door with room assignments confirming his guess.

He knocked gently. "Iris? You there?" He said. "You don't have to let me in, but I'm right here, okay?"

(Didnt the nurse say there were no mincinno?)

Grey sighed. "You're not stupid," he said calmly. "No one knew what they were supposed to do. Of course you feel bad now, but you didn't know how it would turn out... Honestly, that was really brave of you. No one else did anything."

(There weren't, not until that girl arrived. But she's a meaningless NPC)

Iris sniffled. "R-really?" No one had ever called her brave before. She'd always been crybaby Iris, the fragile little thing who hadn't even been able to leave the house for six months.

Grey sighed again. "You know... I usually tend to just let things happen. I try not to get involved. I... I've been a little suicidal. I just... want to fade away. I don't want to be part of anything." Grey hadn't been expecting to get this personal here, let alone on the first day, but he felt like Iris needed it.

"There's not much I want to do in this world..." he tried to reign in his thoughts. "I'm rambling a bit, but maybe if I don't want to do anything for myself, then I can do things for others.... you know? It's not easy to think about others when you have your own problems. I admire you for doing something."

With trembling hands, Iris opened the door, immediately sitting back on her bed with Candy. No one had ever gotte this personal with her in her life, except for her father, and he was always busy.

"I just didn't know what else to do," she admitted, "I thought that the nurses could help, and I didn't just want to sit around and do nothing in case she hurt someone. In case she hurt me..."

Hesitantly, Grey entered the room and sat beside Iris on the bed. "You were scared. Everyone was," he said. "Bravery isn't the opposite of fear. Bravery is being afraid, but acting anyway... or is that courage?" He hoped just a little bit of humor would improve the mood. "Is there a difference? I'm not sure... you get what I'm saying, though, right?"

Hope now understood what she did. She just sent half of the hospital against her. "This is because of me, isn't it?" She asked Winter. She noticed a person walk up, but she didn't bother looking. "You can hurt me all you want," she muttered. She put her head in her hands, and started crying. "I didn't mean for this!" She half-yelled. Winter tried to comfort her, but it didn't help.

Pixel was unsure what to do, but even after only an hour or so, she trusted her trainer. She put her chin on the girl's knee and wagged her tails a bit. Struck by an idea, Pixel barked quietly, a little flurry of snowflakes accompanying her breath.

"Kinda," she replied, "Heh. Bravery. Maybe if my psychiatrist had seen what I did just no, he wouldn't have begged my dad to let him send me here...But it's not all bad, I suppose. I mean, I did get Candy, and I love her, so far..."

Iris was already very attached to the little buneary, and she hoped that she'd be able to find something they could do together, between sessions. Battles, or contests, maybe.

Grey wasn't sure what else to say. "I'd say I'm a mess, but aren't we all? That's why we're here. I doubt there's a single one of us who wants to be here. We're all in the same boat."

"Agreed. I'm not glad that I'm here, but I am glad that I got to have Candy," Iris admitted, "I love my buneary so much, even though I haven't had her very long. I really wanna take her on a journey at some point. I dunno what I'd do, though..."

She saw a small white fox, a Vulpix, walk up to her. She realized now how nice everyone is here. That sent her into sobbing, which then led to her going into hysteria. "I-I-i," she tried to speak, but it came out as a weird noise. "Eevee?" Winter tried to calm her, but it didn't work.

Hope ended up running past all the dorms, sobbing. She opened her door, and slammed it behind her. Winter was left in the cafeteria wondering what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grey grinned. "Well, it's a start. I have no idea what I want to do. Pixel sure is a little sweetheart though. I wish I'd had a choice, but it would've been random anyway. I do like her though.

"Oh, that's right... You wouldn't know. Don't go telling people, but my father requested a specific species. I guess he chose an ice type because of my condition. I've had all sorts of medical problems all my life, keeping me from doing much. One thing is that my body temperature is always way too high." He held a hand out for Iris to feel.

Meanwhile, Pixel tried her best to comfort the crying girl. She exchanged a worried look with the Eevee.

"Oh my...That's terrible," Iris responded, "I have no physical conditions, well, not that I know of. Just mental ones..."

Candy nuzzled Iris' hand affectionately, and she hugged the tiny pokemon.

"You're so sweet!" she cried.

"I think the worst of it is behind me," Grey assured her. He was glad he managed to calm Iris down and cheer her up. "I should probably go check on Pixel," he said. "I left her in the cafeteria. Are you and Candy alright?"

"Yeah, we're fine now," she assured him, "I think I'm gonna relax here in my room, and maybe get a snack, before I go sign up for one of the classes here. Maybe Candy amd I could learn to battle..."

"I'm not sure what to sign up for... well, I'm glad I could help. I'll see you around, alright?"

Grey stood from the bed and, with a little wave back at the two, left the room, making his way back to the cafeteria.

Back in the cafeteria, Grey found Pixel and the Eevee from before, but not her trainer. Both pokemon looked worried.

"I guess I should help you out, huh?" He said to the Eevee. "What's your trainer's name though?" He wouldn't be able to find her room without her name. Maybe she wasn't in her room though. He approached a nurse, both fox pokemon in tow. "Do you know who's Eevee this is? I'm not sure how to find her."

"I'll handle it, dear," said the nurse. "Thank you for your concern, hon."

"You sure?"

"I got it, hon. You can relax."

"Alright," said Grey. He somehow felt obliged to make sure that the Eevee got back to the girl, but he was so socially worn out. He didn't really want to talk about anything deep, emotional, or about his past for at least twelve hours. He took Pixel and returned to his room where he lie on his bed, staring at the cieling.

Last edited:
"God. I had to just blurt out a stupid comment, and now everyone in earshot of me hates me. Why did I have to say such a stupid thing? More people probably hate me than people that hate the kid who pulled the alarm. My social life here is ruined, and I'll never get it back."
Asti decided to walk to Grey's room to talk it out.
"Hey, um, I wanted to apologize for, uh, what I, uh, said earlier."

Last edited:
(Are they sharing a room? I think that could be interesting)

Grey sat up. He hadn't been expecting this. "It's fine," he said. "You kinda just blurted it out, right? Don't worry about it. You just sounded a little rude is all. Everyone was on edge."

"I think that's what everyone is thinking about everything. 'Does everyone hate me because of this?' It's a hard thing to do, but you have to realize that everyone has their own thoughts going on too.

"Maybe people will get used to you when they get to know you. " Grey thought about everything he'd been saying today. "Damn, I always sound so preachy. I guess... it's like... when I finally figure something out myself, I try to share it, you know?"

"Yeah, I know. I used to do that a lot too. I don't know anyone else who'd think that other than whoever flipped the alarm though." (I'm going to go to bed now, so no activity until tomorrow.)

"What about the girl who it was pulled on? Oh, I don't think you were there for that, actually." Grey looked down at Pixel who was under his feet, unsure what he wanted to get into or if he wanted to at all. "We just..." he sighed. "I dunno. The 'preachy, good natured, wanna help' part of me is worn out for today. Wanna talk about something else?"

(I have a few hours in the morning before I go to work. See ya)

Iris decided to watch a movie in her room, cuddled up with Candy while she munched on some nik naks. They were one of her favourite snacks, aside from wheat crunchies, and macarons.

Once done with that, she had an art therapy session on, so she headed down the hall to a large classroom, with just one therapist inside.

"Well, It's not really me you should be apologizing to. The girl who pulled the alarm? She had a lot piled on her all at once, and you added to that. I bet more than half of us have anxiety and or depression. Something like that hits hard."

Grey sighed again. "So you're upset with her? I get it, but things will be a lot easier moving forward if you two set things straight now. If you don't, then this is just going to drag on the entire time here. I'm not saying you're childish, but you're going to look back at this and think about how petty this was. You feel strongly about it now, but the feelings will fade. If you don't apologize, then they'll turn into regret." He lie back on the bed, Pixel hopping up next to him. "I need to stop talking like this... I am SO worn out right now..."

"No, I can't apologize because, well, I don't know who pulled it. Maybe it was the kid apologizing quickly, but it sounded like she had the alarm pulled on her."

"Its the one who ran out after you you came in," said Grey, trying to recall the order of events. He frowned. "Wait... You didn't say that last part until after she left. Well, that cancels out half of what I just said, but you should probably still talk to her." He felt a little awkward now.

"Welcome to art therapy," the doctor greeted warmly, "I'm Doctor Brixton, but you can call me Mandy. What's your name, sweetheart?"

"I-Iris," the small girl replied.

"Iris. Well, it's lovely to meet you, Iris," Mandy replied, "There's a few more patients scheduled for today's session, so we'll wait for them to arrive, and then we can get started, alright, dear?"

"Alright." Iris sincerely hoped that that boy from earlier wasn't in her session. He hated her so much already, she just knew it...