• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Journey To...Recovery

Asriel waved back, a bit less tense since the boy was acknowledging him. "It's nice to meet you, Max!" He didn't comment on the use of a written note rather than a voice; he wondered whether Max was mute but thought it may be a bit ride to ask. His mother had asked him to be good before they came here after all.

Cubchoo squeaked in delight at the playful puppy pokemon. "Cubchoo choo!" Grabbing the puppy, he flopped down on the floor, taking Lillipup with him so they could play.

~~~~~
Jezebel turned to look at Jessica, her normally angry expression softened; her golden eyes, usually burning with rage and indignation, were soft and kind. "That's what they tell you, huh? Maybe they're right about the whole seeing things; that could actually get you hurt if they're right. But the hearing voices... they have no right to say anything. People tried to tell me I was talking to myself or at the very least imaginary friends. But they were dead wrong. Maybe your reason for hearing them isn't the same as mine but they could still be real. I mean, ghost pokemon exist I wouldn't be surprised if human spirits float around," she explained with a twirl of her hand. "Maybe you're just gifted," Jezebel told her with a soft smile.

Jessica's eyes widened slightly in surprise as she listened to Jezebel, but then she looked sad. "The people who give me therapy sessions don't say I'm gifted," She murmured quietly. "They say it's a mental problem and if I was normal I wouldn't be experiencing this. And they say the voices are all in my head, and they sometimes say I hear them because I'm lonely. But I'm not! I hate them! All they do is go on and on at me about how I should get more special help and that they 'know' I have a problem, and I hate them! All they do is make me sad!" She wailed like a little girl, not realizing what she was talking about. "I wish I didn't have to see them. Never ever ever." She declared crossly, an angry frown on her face.

--------------

Max picked up his notepad and pen again and quickly scribbled on it again, relieved the boy wasn't mean. He wrote:

I'm mute if you're wondering why I'm writing on this notepad. :)

He then picked up the notepad and showed it to the boy, smiling. Every time he met somebody they wondered why he was talking to them with his notepad, so he just assumed everybody he met wondered why.

Meanwhile, Lillipup barked as the Cubchoo and him fell to the floor and Lillipup jumped up and jokingly got into a ninja position, acting like he was going to chop the Cubchoo.

Cubchoo laughed and stood on his hind legs, acting like a monster. Asriel laughed at the pokemon before reading the other teen's note. "Okay, I was kinda curious. I-I didn't want to be rude," he added, his slight stutter coming into play. "What are you reading?"

~~~~~
Jezebel went over to Jessica and hugged the wailing girl. Sitting next to her and running a hand through her hair soothingly, Jezebel's angry expression returned. "What do doctors know? They're just walking textbooks. They don't see what you do or hear what you do and it scares them! So they tell you horrible things to rationalize it and make themselves feel safer. There is so much out there we don't know about; science is just know trying to figure out how to reach other deminsions, let alone figure out what's there," she told the crying girl.

"You do need to be careful. If doctors are wrong and you are special, then that may put you in danger. Whether it be from people or whatever it is you're seeing and hearing, I have no clue. But if they're right, you have to try to figure out when your brain is or isn't tricking you... But no one can say for sure, Jess. Don't let these demons get to you. A mental prison... that's what this place is. And the workers have to get a kick out of watching us suffer in our cells otherwise they wouldn't be here. Don't give them the satisfaction," Jezebel advised.

Jessica sniffled a little and wiped a tear from her eye, nodding as she listened to the girl. "I hate them," She mumbled sadly, but then she suddenly gasped and pointed at Jezebel's bed. "Look! There's a Froak - I'm imagining this, aren't I?" She sobbed, trying to shake the realistic looking Froakie out of her her mind, knowing it was just a hallucination.

-----------

Max shook his head reassuringly and picked up his notepad and pen before scribbling on it again:

You wouldn't be rude if you said that. And I'm reading Narnia: The Horse and His Boy.

He then picked up the notepad and showed it to Asriel as he picked up the Narnia book at the same time, grinning. He wasn't as anxious as before because he now knew Asriel was okay, although his breathing was still a little unsteady - heavy and fast.

Lillipup let out a barking war-cry as he playfully jumped up into the air and leapt onto Cubchoo, pretending to chop the little ice bear into pieces while acting like a ninja.

"Well, I certainly can't see any pokemon other than ours," Jezebel said, still running a hand through Jessica's hair. "If you are gifted, I certainly don't know how far those gifts extend. You need to figure that out yourself." Wiping away Jessica's tears, she sighed and came to a decision. "Tell you what: stick with me and I'll see to it that those doctors won't bother you ever again. And if they do, you just tell me and I'll make sure they never even think about doing it again," she swore.

~~~~~
"Sounds like a good series," Asriel said with a smile as Cubchoo stood on his hind legs, pretending to be a monster. "I prefer video games myself; but they wouldn't let me bring any. Something about the charger cords posing a potential hazard," Asriel lamented.

Iris was soon spotted by a passing aide, and made to head back to her room. Surprisingly, the other girl from the admissions office was in there, as well. She could only guess that they were being made to share a group room...

She opened the door, swallowing, as she hid her face in Candy's fur. "U-um...Am I interrupting something?"

Name: Grey

Appearance: tall, thin, and pale. He has long black bangs covering his right eye. Both eyes are primary blue. He has a number of scars he tries to keep hidden, one over his eye under his bangs.

Personality: naturally shy and quiet, but will open up when he gets to know you. He's a very good actor, but only when he wants to be... and he doesnt want to be. He hates lying. He tries to fight his paranoia by being more trusting and trying to be optimistic, but really, he's quite the opposite. He's not clumsy, but he has terrible luck and a knack for somehow having terrible things happen to him.

Diagnosis: Ptsd, depression, a variation of disasociative identity disorder (hears an alternate personality, but doesnt switch), occassional paranoia, Retrograde Amnesia, seasonally fluxuating narcolepsy and insomnia. -has various physical health problems and conditions- will come up as needed.

"Come on in Grey. The others have already chosen their pokemon, but your father requested a specific species."

Grey slouched through the door with his hands in his hoodie pockets, following the nurse. "Of course he did..." he sighed. Yet another choice he was denied, just like the choice to come here.

The nurse opened a drawer and pulled out a premiere ball. "Here you are, hon. You can go ahead and open it now if you'd like. The other boys are already settling into their room, I'll take you to join them."

Grey took the ball. He'd technically had his own pokemon before, but not really. Back home, there was a Teddiursa with an attitude problem named Grimsby. Grimsby somehow belonged more to the household than just him though. The little bear pokemon didn't take orders or listen to anyone. This would be Grey's first pokemon of his own. He tried to feel optimistic and at least a little excited when he pushed the button and the shape of light appeared.

"Huh... I... didn't expect that." He hadn't really known what to expect, but it hadn't been an Alolan Vulpix. The fluffy white fox squeaked up at him with a happy grin. "Well, hi there." Grey crouched down, allowing the pokemon to approach as it pleased. It immediately bounded into his arms, earning a bit of a laugh from Grey. He stood up, holding the Vulpix close, feeling its cold soft fur. It stuck it's freezing nose in his ear and sniffed, blowing cold air into his ear.

The nurse smiled at the happy meeting. "She's female. You can name her if you want."

Grey considered names. Foxy? No. Snow? Ice? No. Charlie? No. Sugar? Maybe. Vulpix.... vul? Pix? Pixie? Pixel! "Alright then, Pixel. I guess we're friends." Pixel let out a happy bark and snuggled closer.

"The boy's room is this way," said the nurse, leading Grey down a hall.

The other boys were younger than Grey had expected. This wasn't a problem, Grey was just a little awkward with kids. He was sure it would be fine once he got to know them. He saw that they had a Cubchoo and a Lillipup. It seemed everyone had cutesy stage one pokemon. He supposed it made sense. They were for therapudic purposes, after all.

The nurse left and Grey gave an awkward "Hey..." before going to the unnoccupied bed and sliding his viola case and dufflebag under it.

He sat down and put Pixel next to him, giving her a pat on the head. "You wanna play with them?" He asked. She licked his hand with a cold wet tongue and rubbed up against him like a cat before hopping down and joining the other pokemon, her six tails wagging happily. Grey noticed that they had things in common. Cubchoo was an ice type, and lillipup was a canine. He hoped he had things in common with the others apart from their situation. For now, he just watched the Pixel sniff the others, poking them with her nose.

(I assume Grey is joining Max and Asriel? Also, what month is it? Will swearing be allowed? I can just sensor it, or not use it at all. Thought it best to ask. I wont use it excessively and I can just avoid the big ones.)

(May, and yes, swearing is allowed XD)

Iris shook her head, deciding to continue her tour of the hospital with Candy. She didn't have much else to do, seeing as there already seemed to be a commotion in her room.

"Let's see...Art therapy...Battle rooms...Cafeteria...Candy, where should we go next?"

The buneary jumped up, tapping the cafeteria icon on the map with her paw.

"Alright, let's go there," Iris agreed.

Jessica nodded and sniffled, Emolga still sleeping curled up in a ball by her side. "Okay," She mumbled, wiping off all the tears from her face as she watched her Emolga sleep, her head slightly tucked under her wing.

---------------

Max nodded and quickly scribbled something on his notepad again as Lillipup pretended to be a zombie, walking around with his arms out and walking on his back legs and tongue out.

It is a good series! I sometimes wish I could be in Narnia. People are mean to me because I can't speak, they think I can't do anything to defend myself. At least I have legs and arms to kick them and punch them when they're hurting me! And you have no idea how many times I've been in hospital because of panic attacks and anxiety. Doctors and hospitals suck! I hate them! And they're stupid because they just want to be mean so they ban everything and make up dumb excuses because they're horrible!

Max was grinning as he wrote the 'kicking and punching them' part, but his face turned to an angry frown when he was writing about the 'doctors and hospitals suck' part, although lightening up when he showed Asriel the notepad, a slightly cross expression on his face. Then a boy walked in and set his stuff down on a spare bed, looking a bit awkward when he said 'hey'. Max panicked slightly, his anxiety rising up as his arms started to shake, reaching out for his notepad and pen that he had put in his lap after he showed Asriel it. He flipped to a new page not wanting the boy (who seemed much older) to see his babbling.

Hello! I'm Max.

He wrote on the notepad, showing it to the new boy as his hands shook and his lip quivered.

"Oh, hey. I'm Grey. So you're- that's fine. Guess we'll be getting to know each other." He sat up a little straighter.

As he spoke, Pixel nudged gently at Lillipup, trying to get him to loose balance. Her tails were still wagging.

Grey looked at the other boy. "And what's your name?"

Seeing as it was nearing lunchtime, the cafeteria was starting to get busy. For a hospital cafeteria, it was pretty well-equipped; it had lots of tables, and an outside picnic area, as well as vending machines and coffee makers.

Iris got a salad, which she drenched in mustard and pepper (She had such strange eating habits) and a small treat for Candy. She ate in silence, too afraid to approach anyone.

Name: Asti
Diagnosis: Anxiety and ADHD
Appearance: Not very tall, with somewhat messy hair. Has blue eyes, with a scar on his right arm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello there! I'm a nurse working here. Would you like to take your Pokemon?"
"Sure."
Asti looked at all the Pokeballs, and chose the timer ball. He didn't want to open it yet though. He'd never really seen a Pokemon before. The best he knew of them was from his father, who told him that they were nuisances and should be avoided. His father also told him this hospital would be perfect for him, so he didn't believe it too much.
"Lunch is going on right now. Would you like to go eat?"
"Yeah."
Asti went into the cafeteria and got a pizza slice. He sat alone but was mostly waiting for someone to come talk to him. He didn't spend much of his time eating his pizza, instead, he was mostly looking at everyone else's Pokemon.
"Will I get the same Pokemon as them?" he thought. "Or will I get a new Pokemon?"

Candy polished off her small, carrot shaped biscuit in just five minutes, while Iris was still working on her salad.

The buneary cast a glance around the cafeteria, unsure of what to make of it. There was another patient, also sat alone...

She knew that Iris would hate her for it, at first, but she'd thank her later.

The buneary bounded over to the patient, as Iris abandoned her salad to chase her.

"Candy! Don't you dare!"

Iris caught up with Candy, snatching her up in her arms, before scooting a good five feet away from the other patient. This was a disaster. Now he hated her, she just knew it.

"I'm sorry!" she cried, bowing deeply, "My buneary ran off before I could see where she was going, and I couldn't catch ber in time, and then..,And then.."

(Should Grey be roommates with Asti? And we can kinda glaze over whats already happened except for introductions? Also, are we glossing over the fact that people eat meat(aka pokemon) or is everyone vegetarian?)

Grey didn't feel like unpacking anything just yet. He left his things under his bed and left the room to scout out the rest of this place with Pixel. As he made his way to the cafeteria, he wondered how old Pixel was. Where had she come from? Had she been out of her pokeball here before? Maybe she knew this place already.

There were only two other patients in the cafeteria. A boy, and a girl with her Bunneary conversing nervously. At the counter, Grey chose two apples from a fruit bowl. One for him, and one for Pixel. As he started towards a table however, the staff member behind the counter stopped him. "You should grab something else too, hon. You need protien." Grey sighed, turning back to take a slice of pizza with a variety of toppings before finally sitting down with Pixel on his lap.

He took a big bite from his apple, not touching his pizza yet. He offered Pixel her apple, but realized it would be awkward for her to bite it as it was with her kind of teeth. With a bit of effort, his arms shaking a bit in the process, he managed to break the other apple in half. Pixel's tails wagged happily and she took a bite of one of the halves before snuggling closer to him.

"It's okay. I know. I've heard that Pokemon are really fond of new people."

Asti looked at the other patient, sitting alone. He had an Alolan Vulpix.
"That's strange. I thought getting Pokemon from Alola would cost at least twice as much than's been spent in this dump." he thought.

(Whatever you decide. And yes, people do eat meat here)

Iris shook her head, backing away. "B-but I only just got Candy today, so technically, she's still new to me as well, and...Uh..."

This was a waste of the other patient's time, Iris just knew it. Now he thought that she was some bumbling idiot, and he was gonna complain about her to the nurses, or something...

"I-I'm sorry, I oughta get going!"

Max's eyes widened with more panic - he couldn't take his anxiety rising up quickly. He grabbed his pen and notepad and darted out of the room, slamming the door behind him as he rushed down the corridor, trying to get away from the room. He saw a clock and noticed it was lunchtime, realizing how hungry he was as his stomach growled. His Lillipup was behind him, looking worried about him. He felt sad he couldn't tell the little dog he was fine, being mute, and he doubted Pokemon could understand writing. He hung his head sadly for a second before walking around again, eventually finding the cafeteria. He smiled in joy, walking over to the counter and grabbing a single slice of pizza - it didn't take much food to make Max full. He also grabbed some Pokemon food for Lillipup, holding it in one hand and the pizza in the other. He grinned at his Lillipup as they both ran through the cafeteria, sitting far away from the two other patients and eating their food happily, Max a bit anxious that the other two would approach him. He had his notepad and pen, just in case, and his legs, so he was fine.

Just when he'd started on his pizza, Pixel hopped down lightly from his lap with the other apple half in her mouth and trotted happily towards the two people talking. She sat down next to the bunneary and put the apple half in front of her, her tails wagging again.

Grey supposed he ought to watch Pixel closely as he didn't really know her behavior yet. Besides, she might be bothering them.

Grey stood up and casually approached the other two, ready to either take Pixel and return to his table, or maybe talk for a minute.

It seemed neither people really wanted to talk. It was like all the humans wanted to be left alone while the pokemon wanted to play together. He supposed this was intentionally part of the therapy.

"Com'ere, you." He gently picked up Pixel and her apple half. "We can socialize later, alright?" he told her. He offered the apple half to the bunneary, seeing as that's what Pixel wanted. "Alright if she has this?" He asked the patient holding her.

(how do we decide on pokemon?)

Name: Hope Brit

Diagnosis: autism, depression, Asperger's.

Appearance: Hope is around 5' 4"and on the thin side. She has long, blonde hair that she usually keeps down and wears a flower in it.. She has blue eyes. She wears a pink dress with a flower on the side.

persona:. Hope is a very shy, lonely person who stays to herself. She loves Pokemon, but never got one. She is a very good artist, and loves to draw whenever she can.

--------

"Come get your pokeball," Hope heard as she slowly walked up the steps. She never wanted to go here, but needed recovery from her diagnosis. Thoughts were running through her head as she walked up, most were alerting. "U-um h-hi," she said as she walked up. She picked a normal pokeball and came inside.

She looked around and saw people sitting. "Great" she thought, "I have to deal with people." She looked around, and sat away from people. She held her pokeball nervously, and opened it. A very energetic eevee came out and immediately jumped on Hope's lap, and curled into a ball. Hope was scared at first, but then started petting it. "I'll call you...winter," she whispered.

Hope got up after putting winter down, and went to get some food. As she entered the cafeteria, Winter ran up to the counter and knocked a few trays down. Hope ran over and grabbed Winter, and then grabbed her food and a snack for Winter. She sat down in the corner of the room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Candy's eyes lit up, when she saw the apple, and she took it eagerly, chomping it down long before Iris could answer. The patient, meanwhile, remained silent, still reeling from before...

"Um...I guess that's not my decision to make now..." Iris remarked burying her face in the fluffy bunny's fur.

The cafeteria was steadily becoming more populated as people and pokemon wandered in. The people were all shy and wanted to be left alone, while the pokemon were the polar opposite, determined to play together and drag their trainer along with them.

Pixel gave a happy little squeak upon the bunneary accepting her gift. Grey tried to fight a grin at their behavior. "What's your name, by the way? I'm Grey. This is Pixel. You wanna... sit down?" He gestured back at his table. If they were going to be talking, it would be awkward to do so in front of the other patient.

"I-Iris..." she said almost shamefully, "And this is Candy."

The buneary stayed put with Iris, snuggling in her arms, for now. She believed that she had accomplished her mission, and saw no need to take further action.

"Um...I guess I could," she continued, "It's not like I have anything better to do..."

Hope slowly ate her food, as Winter played with her food. "You should eat that," she said to Winter jokingly. Hope got up and threw away the rest of her food, while Winter rode on her head. Hope couldn't help but laugh at Winters actions. She picked up Winter put her down, which then caused her to start jumping on the tables. Hope grabbed her and sat back in the corner. "this suits me," she thought.

Asti finished off his food and starting packing up his stuff. He walked out of the cafeteria a bit...surprised at how much went on around him. He remembered to open his Pokeball just now, and he did.
"Oh well. Might as well open it now."
Asti opens the Pokeball and sees a Bunnelby pop out.
"Aww. That's nice. I'll call him...Blue."
Blue instantly hopped back into the cafeteria towards Iris and Grey.
"If it happens to them, I guess it'll happen to me too," Asti says, walking back over to the cafeteria.

After sitting down, Pixel nosed at Grey's hoody until she managed to get her head under it and wiggle her way inside. She was a little big for it, but she squeezed her head through the neck hole so she shared the hoody with Grey. It was cold, but comfortable. He supposed this was why his father had requested her.

Now that they were sitting down, Grey had no idea what to talk about. He hugged Pixel against his chest. "So... uh... pokemon. What's uh... what's your favorite?"

Last edited:
"I don't really know," Iris answered, "I...Well, I didn't really know much about pokemon, or even like them before I came here, but I suppose that Candy's ok..."

The little buneary was cute, if troublesome, and not at all what she'd expected. At least she hadn't been stuck with something awful, like a minccino...Minccino were the devil's work...

"I don't really have a favorite either... I've known a lot about them generally, but i dont have much expierience with them. Back home there was a teddiursa and my father had a honchkrow. I... I didn't usually get out much."

"Me neither. This is the first time I've left my house in six months," Iris began, sighing, as she clung tighter to Candy, "My dad was at his wits' end. I was too afraid to do anything, and nothing my psychiatrist was doing helped, so, I got sent here..."

Asti walked into the cafeteria to get Blue.
"I'm sorry if he messed up your guy's conversation or something. I just got him out of his Pokeball."

Hope sat and watched as people were talking and being social, but she didn't care about it. She had it here already, and she wanted to leave. She held Winter and ran for the door. "Winter attack the door!" She yelled. Winter jumped down and got ready to attack. "No one try to stop me!" She announced.

Somehow, Grey hadn't taken much notice of the bunnelby playing under the table. He was already used to the pokemon here being a little on the wild side.

"Oh," he said. "He's fine. Maybe we should let them all play? Get some of that energy out? Who knows how long they've been cooped up." He considered how best to remove Pixel from his hoody and decided to just take it off, as he had a band shirt on under it. With a bit of trouble working both his and her head out of the neck hole, he took it off. "Go on, you. Go play." He put her down on the floor with a gentle scratch behind her ears.

He turned back to Iris to continue talking, when he heard a shout. He looked to see what the commotion was about.

"Should we... should we do something, or are we just gonna watch?" Grey was curious to see how this would go. With his influence, Grey's father had gotten extra security fot the facility, but it was more to keep people from getting in than getting out. He supposed the regular staff would deal with this.

"Maybe we should," Iris agreed, "I'll go trip the alarm. That'll summon the nurses..."

She walked over, inhaling sharply, as she pressed the button. An ear-splitting beep rang through the hospital, frightening Iris, and Candy, who seemed to share her hatred for loud noise.

Iris and Candy covered their ears as the door opened, and two nurses came in, armed with two large blisseys.

"What's going on? Did something happen? Who hit the alarm?" Asti said, scared of the sudden noise.
"Is someone escaping? Did I do something wrong?" Asti started to run back to his room, frightened by the nurses and the alarm.

Startled by the alarm, Pixel jumped straight back into Grey's lap. He held her comfortingly and covered her ears for her, remaining calm. The alarm seemed like a bit much. Everyone, people and pokemon alike, were startled and panicked by the sound. Maybe it hadn't been the best idea.

Hope jumped at the sound of the alarm, and immediately started backing up. " I-im s-sorry!" She muttered. She grabbed Winter and ran to the opposite side of the room from where the nurses are at. She sat down and looked at everyone, who seemed to have noticed. "I-Im sorry!" She told everyone.

"I knew I shouldn't have done anything," Iris muttered aloud, clutching Candy tightly, like a child holding onto a stuffed pokemon, "Nobody likes me now...Especially not the patient I flipped it on..."

The nurses, meanwhile, went looking for the source of the disturbance. Most of the patients seemed to be behaving, so, with no disturbances to report, they left. One sat with an anorexic patient, trying to gently encourage her to eat a cheese toastie.