• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey through Kanto!

Rachel glanced at Jade then took a clean tissue out of the tissue box and used it as a bookmark so then she didn't give her new book any dog ears. It would have some in due time, just not right now. She then closed the case, placed it down, turned to Jade and shrugged. "Comedy, I guess. Or drama. I really can't decide between those two."

(OOC: BOOK VOCABULARY TIME: Case is what you call a hardcover book front and back covers)

Rachel rolled her eyes and shook her head. "You know that is impossible," she replied. She then placed her attention to the TV, while thinking about what book it was based on. Just about all movies started out as books. She was sure this was no different.

Jade nudged Rachel. "Come on you know you love a good comedy as much as I do." Jade tried to hide Rachel's book before she noticed it. She wanted to talk to her friend and not have her friend be distracted by another book.

CripsyPotatoChips

Previously HoennPokegirl
"Nice to meet you, Glacier!" Melanie smiled, and then to Jack, she added, "I'm sure it would make a great partner! But what does pseudo-legendary mean?" She had heard the term a few times here and there, but never known what it meant. She was pretty sure that it meant a Pokemon had unusually high stats, but she never bothered to care about those.

"A Pseudo- legendary Pokemon is a Pokemon with exactly 600 base stats." Jack told Melanie. "The Pokemon that have a base stats total over that is legendary Pokemon, with one exception, Slaking. You should know everything about Slaking since you're from Hoenn. Slaking is the only Pokemon with higher stats than 600 total that's not a legendary. But because of its ability it's not the best Pokemon ever. I think you know what Slaking's ability is." Jack loved to talk about stuff like this. Slaking was a strong Pokemon and a hard hitter, but it's ability Truant made alot of fights hard.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"You can't forget Tyranitar. That's also another Pseudo-Legendary. It'll rare to find one here in Kanto, but I'll try and find one regardless. They're a good addition to have in battles." Glacier pointed out.

Rachel didn't notice, but Sandy did see the friend's action. With big blue eyes, Snady gave Jade a pitiful look and shook her head no. She remembered the last time Rachel lost a book. It wasn't pretty. She turned the whole house upside down and made Sandy so scared. Sandy didn't want to see her owner like that again.

Jade did notice Sandy. She then remembered the last time she hid a book from Rachel. Ooooo she was so mad at her. Ok maybe she won't hid the book. She will move it out of reach so they could talk.

Jade turned towards Rachel. She had moved the book behind her. "Rachel we need to talk about something."

CripsyPotatoChips

Previously HoennPokegirl
"Oh... uh, that makes perfect sense..." Melanie replied, confused. "And Slaking... well, I don't know exactly everything about it.. I mostly pay attention to the cute or pretty Pokemon.." Internally, she scolded herself for not knowing more about different Pokemon.

Jess rolled her eyes. These two all the talked about was stats and trying to be strong. "Don't listen to these two. That way of thinking will not win battles or contests. You don't need super high stats to win battles. You just need to work with your pokemon and figure out what works with them. Not all pokemon have very high stats but they can beat others who do." Eevee sat up in Jess's lap. She did not pay much attention to the two who talked like this was all a game.

Jade calmly took the book and placed it beside her. She would not see her friend suffer. "Rach you know that I don't like seeing you like this. Please come sit down." Jade was a little worried for her friend.

"Of course Pokemon with high stats won't win every battle, but they definitely help." Jack said. "And Pokemon with high stats inflict more damage or/and can take more hits, which will definitely help you win alot of battles. If you don't have a strategy or a way to work good with your Pokemon you probably won't win, I have to agree with you on that." Jack said to Jess. He thought it was really fascinating to talk about Pokemon and stats.

Jess just sighed and rolled her eyes more. "Well if you want to be a trainer who just pushes their pokemon and does not care at all about their feelings then go ahead just think about stats. When all you think about are stats you get caught up tend to only see your pokemon as chess pieces. They are pawns to just use. That is not the way to think about something that lives and breathes just like we do."

"I did never say such a thing!" Jack said, angrily. "I never said I only care about stats, I said that high stats isn't a bad thing! I care about my Pokemon's feeling alot more than I care about their stats, I just said that high stats isn't a bad thing!" Jack got really angry at this comment. If she thought that thinking high stats isn't a bad thing and not care about your Pokemon, that's really wrong. Jack were so mad that he stormed off in the woods, taking his Pokemon with him. He found a good place to sit and picked up Bulbasaur.
"If that's the expression I make when I start talking about stats, am I really a good trainer?" Jack asked Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur looked worried and started to cuddle with Jack. "Thanks Bulbasaur." Jack said to his Pokemon, his friend.

CripsyPotatoChips

Previously HoennPokegirl
Melanie watched Jack go, nervous. She turned back to Jess, "I think both of you have a good point. He said that high stats are good, and I'm sure they are. And you said that trainers could end up treating their Pokemon like chess pieces. That makes sense, although it's sad." She looked down at Torchic and said, "I wonder what stats you have, bud. I'm sure they're great!" Torchic flapped his wings happily in response.

Jess sighed she really put her foot in her mouth this time. She felt bad. Jack was not a bad guy. Jess got up and followed Jack to the rock. She sit down on the grass and leaned up against it. "I am sorry Jack. I did not mean it the way it came out. You are a good trainer. The way you were with your bulbasaur when we battles was great. I tend to run my mouth before I think sometimes and well it tends to cause me to lose friends. I have been travelling alone for almost a year and I am not really used to taking someone else's feeling into account."

Rachel placed her hand on her chest and breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness. Anyway, what is it you want to talk about?" She said, reverting back to her normal self. Sandy looked at the two girls on the couch. Rachel was in a better mood now, so she went close to her owner again.

Jade looked to Rachel. She was glade that her friend was ok. "Well I wanted to talk to you about something. I know you are going to want to say no at first but please just hear me out before you say anything negative." Jade looked a little abrasive about talking about this subject.

"What do you want to do? You know besides being a trainer I know that you have said in the past that you want to do something besides doing gyms and everything. But what is it that you want to do?" Jade hoped that her best friend would take her questions the right way and not get mad at her. This is one of the rare times that Jade was completely serious and not bouncing around. Which should give Rachel an idea of how strongly she felt about their friendship.

Rachel closed her eyes in thought. What did she want to do? She didn't find the whole entire 'trainer' gig interesting and the coordinator path gave her shivers due to the fact she had huge stage fright. The only people she could talk to normally was her family, Jade, and Jade's family. Her mind drifted to her newest book. Maybe she could do that. "Hey, you know my newest book?" she started.

"What's a book?" Jade said jokingly. She then sobered up and picked up the book to read the title. Then turned it over to read the back description of the book.

"You want to be a researcher?" Jade thought about it. It would be a good path for Rachel. She could definitely see her being famous for finding something no one else had.

"You know that would be perfect for you. I could definitely see you becoming a world famous researcher."

Rachel smiled. "I'm surprised that you didn't immediately think I was changing the subject. And yes, I do think that is the best path for me. You know I have never dealt with crowds well or found much interest in battling," Rachel replied as she readjusted her pink glasses. Sandy jumped for joy at the thought of finally going on a journey, even if it wasn't traditional.

Jade was glad her friend was taking an interest in stepping out of her comfort zone. "Hey I can be serious when I want to be, but you are right. You never really shown interest in anything but the books you read." Jade hesitated before she rolled right on into her next question.

"What do you think of going on a journey to help you find your way in field research. You can go out into the field and study the wild pokemon. You don't have to battle at all. I would be with you of course. I would not let my best friend go out alone. I would worry too much about you."

Rachel sighed. She closed her blue eyes in thought. "That would be best," she said, "Of course I have never been the type to catch Pokemon, only help them if they need it. I think I'll take a journey, but only if I can bring that book as a resource. The author really was a Pokemon Researcher, if you look at the author's bio, it will tell you that."

Jade opened the book to read the author's bio in the back of the book. "Well I was not going to stop you from taking any books you wanted. Just remember that you will be carring them around with you at all times. So just don't go overboard and place too many in your bag and not be able to carry them all." Jade smiled she was finally able to talk her friend in going with her. "We will also need to go to Pallet town to get pokedexs for us. It would be good for you to have one to check info on the pokemon you want to study out in the field."

"It's ok." Jack said to Jess. "I shouldn't had stormed of like that." Then Jack saw the Dratini slithering out of Jess's bag and towards Jack.
"Hello buddy." Jack said to the small snake Pokémon as it jumped up in his knee. Jack picked it up and said: "Shall we go back to the camp?"

Jess looked towards Jack. She was glad that he was not mad at her. She really did not meant to come off as mean and insulting. She hated that she had caused him to storm off like he did. "Yeah let's get back to camp. It will be dark soon and we will need iur sleep for tomorrow."

Jack started walking back towards the camp, with Dratini sleeping in his arms and Bulbasaur in his Pokéball. When they finally arrived Jack asked Jess:
"Is it okay if I take care of Dratini? I really like this little guy." He really thought that the Dratini was both cute and funny. It could sleep everywhere, and Jack really found that both cute, funny and interesting. He had plenty of place and food in his bag so Dratini could eat whenever it wanted.

"Of course I could tell you wanted to take care of it from the very beginning. I only kept him to let him sleep a little more." Jess had Eevee in her arms and Pichu on her shoulder. She was glad they were not mad at each other anymore.

"Great!" Jack responded. "Goodnight!" Jack walked into his tent and put Dratini down beside him. "Don't run away now." He said to the Dratini. He were really tired, so he fell asleep almost immediately. Jack dreamed a really nice dream, he were challenging the Elite Four. "Go Dragonite!" He said. Dragonite appeared in front of him, ready to battle. "Dragonite use Hyper Beam!" Just as the move was about to hit the opponents Dewgong the dream ended.

Jess was fast asleep in her tent. She had a great dream. In it she was a great performer. She was on stage with her pokemon. Charmander had evolved into a Charizard. Jess came in on her. She was high in the air. She had Charizard use flame burst and a star like flame burst out above them. She she then had Pichu who was on her shoulder use electro ball. A ball of sparkling electricity went straight for the flame burst. When it collided the burst of flame exploded outwards and turned into tiny flames and yellow sparkles that rain down as they landed.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier looked up at the forest area and sighed, petting his sleeping Pichu's head. "Alright, then. I suppose we have to find a Pokemon that's out here ....who that Pokemon will be, I'm not sure." He said to the sleeping Pokemon.

Jack woke up the next day with Dratini close to his chest.
"Hello buddy." Jack said to the sleeping Pokémon. He got up and walked out of his tent. He walked into the forest and picked some berries. Then he saw a small Pokémon that looked like a dog. It was a Growlithe.
"Mankey, go!" Jack sent out Mankey since Bulbasaur where at a type disadvantage. "Mankey use Power-Up Punch!" Mankey punched the Growlithe, raising Mankey's attack stat with one. Then the Growlithe shot out fire against Mankey, which Jack assumed was Flamethrower. The fire hit Mankey and he flew back into a tree. Then the Mankey got up and punched the Growlithe again, this time with more power. Jack threw a Pokéball at it. it blinked once, then twice, and then the growlithe broke out. "Mankey use Low Sweep!" Mankey attacked the Growlithe, making it even lower. Jack threw another pokéball. It blinked once, then twice, then three times and the Growlithe was caught. Jack walked back to the camp and made food, using Growlithe to make the fire.

Jess woke up smiling. She had a great nights sleep. Eevee was awake and waiting for her to get up. Pichu was on her lap as she sat up. She got dressed and walked out of the tent. She found Jack cooking breakfast. She decided to make her own. She cooked on the fire that the new growlithe made. "I see you got a new pokemon. He is a cutie." She leaned over and scratched behind his ear.

"I know, and he's strong as well. He almost took out Mankey before I were able to catch him. His Flamethrowers seem to hurt." Jack said. The food was done so he pulled out Pokemon food and started mixing it with berries. Then he put it in one bowl for each Pokemon and sent out his Pokemon, while he was taking out Dratini from his bag.
"Food is ready." He said to it. "Jess, can you go and wake up the others, I made food for everyone."

"Sure. I don't mind doing that. He maybe we can train our fire types together sometime. We can work on making their attacks stronger." She got up and walked to each tent and woke everyone up. She walked back to the fire and set about making food for her pokemon to enjoy.

Growlithe were running around, wanting to play.
"That sounds great!" Jack said to Jess. He really liked the idea of training together with a friend, he had never done that before. He took out played and started putting food for everyone on them. He Glacier and Maleanie walking out of the tent they were sleeping in.
"I made food." He said to them. He really hoped they would like it. He had always had passion for cooking, and he weren't bad at it.

"I am glad yoy like the idea. It will be fun. I am sure Charmander would love to work on moves with him. She seems like the type who would enjoy battling." Jess sent out her Charmander the only pokemon who seemed to like being in her pokeball. Jess handed her a bowl with the food she prepared for her. Jess loved to cook. "Hey Jack let me cook lunch. I don't mind doing it for the group maybe we can switch off on meals. Or we could work together and cook for the group."

"Yeah you can cook lunch!" Jack said to Jess. "I have never tasted your food, so it will be a surprise!" Growlithe jumped on Jack and started licking him in the face, then Growlithe ran over to Jess and did the same thing. "Growlithe seems to like the idea as well." Jack said, laughing. "Or maybe he just wants to play." Growlithe seemed to always want to play, and Jack found this quite funny. He supposed that the Growlithe weren't that old. Then he felt something moving and Dratini flew up on Jack's head and fell asleep.