• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Homchkrow, unfortunately, couldn't react fast enough, and the meteor that hit him shot him right out of the air.

When the bird got to his feet again, Daniel ordered him back up into the air. Now that he'd actually taken a hit, his payback would be much more powerful...

"Honchkrow, use payback on fomantis!" he instructed.

The bird shot forth yet another cloud of popping purple sparks, only this time, it was far bigger than before...

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"Garchomp! Dig underground again!" Glacier shouted. Garchomp got his tail hit by the scald, but still made it underground. "Cover your entrance." He said. "Now wait for it." Garchomp continued to dig and wait for Glacier's command.

Nova watched in amazement as the Pokemon fought and were giving it their all. She saw the Honchrow get hit by Garchomp's Draco Meteor and fall. Then she saw it use Payback on Formantis. "Pokemon are so amazing! This is why I have you as a partner." She said, excited to compete in other Pokemon battles. Espeon looked happy to think that she was Nova's partner and friend. Zoroark watched Garchomp's movements closely and saw how well he did. "He really is amazing...I'm glad he's my boyfriend." She said in Pokemon speech.

Last edited:
Gem lept to the ground, curiously sneaking over to the odd looking Meowth, never seeing one like it before. "Well, you've somewhat met Poncho." Robby pointed out, holding out a pokeball, as the Ludicolo appeared doing a little dance upon appearance. "I can see you take alot of pride in your Noivern. I feel the same way about Pyker." He smirked.

He held out his premier ball, a large Flygon appearing, stretching out it's arms, wings, and tail from being away in his pokeball for a good while. Pyker tilted his head at the Noivern, seeing they both have some noticeable and same features.

"Oh, a Flygon!I have only seen one of those once. Have you had it for a while? I do take much pride in Noivern, since he has helped me a lot", Boombox, eyed back at the Flygon as he landed on the ground. The Noivern had never seen a pokemon like Flygon, for they were a rare sight. "Your Poncho certainly is cheerful. How exciting"! Noivern bore a dark blue scarf around its neck, that showed slight signs of wear. "Oh thats right, i think its about time i replace that. I think i'll get a few knacks for all my pokemon actually. Then afterwards, ill make us all a nice meal".

Teiran didn't know whether Garchomp was hiding, or secretly attacking someone, so Brionne had to keep moving, even if it wasted her energy. There was a sort of feud between all three, and Teiran hadn't barely been attacked. She also didn't hit Daniel yet, so she went for him, not thinking about Honchrow's payback move. "Use Scald on Honchrow!" Teiran said, as Brionne aimed boiling hot water at the bird.

"Fomantis jump!"

Duke called out his next move as Fomantis would aim to jump above Honchkrow to try and avoid Payback, however it was now helpless as Brionne's scald flew towards it and the Honchkrow.

Pyker stuck out his neck towards Boombox, examining his wings, long tail, and other similar features he had of his own. Robby patted Pyker on the head as Gem climbed onto Pyker's back, "I've had him just about as long as I've had Gem. Not many people seem to appreciate Flygons, but I think their great. Your Noivern is quite a sight too, might I add. Everyone seems to have Garchomps and Salamances."

The word "meal" got Poncho's attention, causing him to dance around more in excitement. "Food sounds fantastic after a little shopping." Robby nodded in agreement.

Oblivion and Fiurball, both happily rubbed against Victor, while calypso jumped excitedly. It was hard to tell if they were more excited for the food, or the shopping. Boombox also seemed pretty happy to see Victor again. "Yeah, I've been walking to get everywhere for a while, but i guess Boombox would like to get some exercise. But luckily, the shop is right next door, and i can also get some food supplies there", Victor said, as he went outside the door.
"The city really is nice when the lights are on and the tourists all gather to buy stuff at the various shops."

Honchkrow, too distracted by his own payback, took the scald head-on, despite Daniel's command to dodge it. The bird thankfully, didn't sustain a burn, however, and was left in the air.

"You'll pay for that! Honchkrow, use psychic on Brionne!"

SaiyanDakon

"Garchomp...dig out and jump in the air! Then use Draco Meteor but smack them with your tail!" Glacier commanded. Garchomp rose from the ground and flew into the air. He then launched a Draco Meteor. Garchomp smacked the meteors with his tail so that they can hit precise targets, such as Brionne, Formantis and Honchrow.

Last edited:
Robby called back Poncho and Pyker to ther pokeballs as they exited the Pokemon center. "Hoenn doesn't exactly get alot of tourists. I'd count our beaches as tourist attractions, but this place has some beautiful beaches." Gem quickly caught up to the group, and right over near to Oblivion, still confused by its highly different appearance. Robby glanced over at a store, completemy swamped with people entering, exiting, and showing off their bought souvenirs.

"I'm assuming that's the store?" He asked. "If not, then the locals here REALLY love shopping."

Victor called back Boombox, and Calypso, but Fiurball and Oblivion remained. "There are a few attractions in Kalos as well. Like the reflection cave. There is also one heck of a beach, both within close distance of each other. Your're right, that be the shop. Luckily more than half of them are usually window shoppers, so the lines shouldn't be long", he said he entered the sliding door.

"Ah, you gotta love that new item smell that stores have. Almost as good as fresh made bread", he said as he made his way towards the apparel section. "Did you plan on buying anything"?

Akio watched the battle intensely and so was Charmeleon. Porygon was watching Daniel and Cubone was watching Duke. It was a battle of legends. Something made Akio uncomfortable but he shrugged it off.
"They are all great at battling." Akio told everyone.

Robby glanced at all the clothing, Gem jumping onto his shoulder, "I'm not entirely sure. Maybe not for me. I don't really shop alot, but I might get something for Gem or the whole squad." Gem stuck his tongue out in disgust, obviously not wanting anything put onto his body.

"Guess that answers that one." Robby shrugged. "How about you?"

"Brionne, flip!" Teiran said. Brionne flipped to dodge the Draco Meteor, but Psychic was a mental move, and it gave Brionne a terrible headache. This headache wasn't like much, but it hurt terribly, and flipped to the ground, flippers on her head. "Pour water onto yourself!" Teiran shouted. Brionne did so, washing off the headache, that took away her health. "Use Bubble Beam on Garchomp." Teiran said, sweating a bit. Brionne shot a combination of bubble's and water at Garchomp.

The scald lands right on Fomantis knocking it back as it burns its skin slightly. Fomantis however is forced to ignore the pain as it and Duke see the descending meteors from Draco Meteor.

"Evasive maneuvers!"

Duke called out his order as Fomantis began to hope around, trying to avoid each and every meteor to the best of its ability. One thing training with Duke for the limited time they had was how to avoid attacks with a flare to it.

"Fo..."

Fomantis moans from the burning effect of the scald.

"Well maybe just a hat for me. I'll get a bandana for Oblivion, a bow tie for Fiurball and an new scarf for boombox. Calypso....well nothing for him. He doesn't care for clothing either", Victor said as he grabbed said items. "Anyway, that covers the clothing, I'll just grab some food supplies and we can get out of here, I guess."

Robby nodded, "Sounds great! I'll buy us some water and other road snacks." He made his way over to the refrigerated drinks, picking up a few bottles of water. After setting them on the counter, he scanned the snack isle, finally deciding on some fruit snacks and candy bars.

Robby took them back to the counter, paying for them then putting them away in his bag and waited patiently on Victor.

SaiyanDakon

"Dragon Rush!" Glacier commanded. "Burst through it!" He wanted Garchomp to do like he had done with the Payback. Garchomp dived down towards Brionne with great speed with his streamlined body. They both saw the Bubble Beam headed straight for him and it coups be bad. "Go for it! With all you've got!" Glacier shouted, determined to win this. Garchomp used Dragon Rush and forced through the Bubble Beam even though the water attack did a lot of damage done to him. "Hope you're ready Teiran....because we're just getting started." Glacier said.

Nova, Espeon, and Zoroark watched the battle and were simply astonished to see what the outcome would be.

Last edited:
"Lets see, the pots are still shiny, and the silverware is all here. better get some more moo moo milk. And some of this, and some of those. Ok, that seems to be everything. Oh, and a supply of pokebeans as well for their snacks. Alright, that seems to be everything". Victor bought the items, and headed over towards Robby.

Ok, now i'll cook us up something good, and we may even be able to see the battles at Royal avenue on the city monitor".

(@UnovaTrainerGlacier You can't dodge every attack, it's not fair on everyone else. Stop it.)

With Fomantis down for the time being, Daniel switched targets. Fomantis was but a sitting psyduck, now that it had sustained a burn...

"Honchkrow, use sky attack!" he ordered.

Honchrkrow began to glow as he absorbed light, showing off the radiance of his sparkling feathers. Daniel had developed the move for contests, but it cpuld be effective in battle, too...

The bird swooped down at Fomantis, once it was ready, enveloped in a blinding pink light.

"Fomantis intercept with Razor Leaf!"

Fomantis pushed past the burning pain and fired several leaves at the flying Honchkrow. Duke didn't expect the move would overpower the Sky Attack, but he felt it he could just knock Honchkrow off its path just enough Fomantis would avoid receiving what would be a devestating blow.

"Block with Leaf Blade!"

Fomantis got its glowing appendages up as Duke gave the command before the Honchkrow slammed into it. The Sky Attack overpowered the Leaf Black guard and sent Fomantis flying to a wall. Fomantis struggled to get to its feet. Duke considered the match to be over for Fomantis till his Rockruff popped out of its Pokeball. Rockruff gave a cry of encouragement to Fomantis which seemed to provide enough of an emotional boost to help Fomantis get to its feet. Fomantis panted as it was damaged and exhausted.

Daniel thought that he had a knockout in the bag, if he just kept hammering away at Fomantis. She seemed pretty exhausted, but then again, so was Honchkrow... He doubted that the bird could stand many more hits.

Still, he ordered Honchkrow to go for a psychic attack, and the bird launched a strong telekinetic force at the tiny grass type.

Robby nodded, "Sounds like a plan to me! So where are we gonna cook up this food at?" He wondered as they headed out the store. The sun still shined brightly over the sky even as it dipped into the west. Robby pulled out a bottle of water for himself, it dripping in such a satisfying way. He pressed it against his forehead before screwing the top off and taking a few large gulps.

He pulled out a second, reaching out towards Victor with it, "Would you like a bottle?" He asked. "I figured I'd make some contribution to this instead of you buying everything. I'd feel pretty guilty."

"Thank you! It is quite hot out here actually". The water dripping from the bottle only made the water more desirable. Without much hesitation he took the offer.
Nothing to feel guilty about it. My sister and I were always taught to share with others when able to.
"Right there should be fine. Also has a cool view of the ocean", Victor said as he pointed to a set of felled logs surrounding a pile of ashes. "Looks like this used to be a camp site. I guess nobody will mind if we use it. Alright Fiurball, let's get the fire going", he said as he instructed the Torracat to ignite a small pile of wood.

Brionne got smacked hard, and fainted, causing Teiran to rush over and pick him up, sadly placing him in her arms, before sighing, and taking out his Pokeball for the first time. "Return, Brionne..." she said, as a loud ding was heard from behind her, and a light was on the blue corner, that lit up. This must've shown that she had a fainted Pokemon. Then she took out a Pokeball, and threw out her recently caught Machop. "Go, Machop! Use Pound on Fomantis!" Teiran shouted, as Machop wound up an arm for a powerful pound, as he turned to Fomantis for a powerful pound.

The two attacks proved too much, as Fomantis was suspended in the air by the Psychic attack and knocked out with a clean shot from Machop's Pound. Fomantis fainted and Duke returned his fallen Pokemon. Another loud ding was heard from behind him, and this time light was on the green corner lit up signaling an elimination. Duke turned to Rockruff...who seemed a little angry seeing Fomantis faint before him.

"Alright, Rockruff get in there!" Duke said with a smile as Rockruff ran into the battlefield.

"Now Rockruff use..."

Before Duke could finish, Rockruff fired its Rock Blast at both Honchkrow and Machop, firing dozens of rocks at both Pokemon.

Honchkrow took the hit head-on, fainting instantly. Daniel quickly returned his fallen pokemon, and sent out Serperior, his ace. The grass type had a clear advantage over two of the participants...

"Now, Serperior, begin with magical leaf on Rockruff!"

Machop thought quickly, punching the rocks that flew in his direction. He was strong enough to break them, but they did hurt his knuckles a bit. A bit. "Use Karate Chop on-" Teiran started, but before she said who, Machop focused his Karate Chop on Serperior, without a second thought.

Serperior didn't even flinch, as the small fighting type came in his direction. Colourful leaves were sprouting and flying from his tail at a rapid rate, and he was sure that somehow, Machop would be caught in the crossfire...

SaiyanDakon

Garchomp looked back at Glacier and waited for a command. His Special Attack had gotten down quite much. Glacier quickly recalled Garchomp. He grabbed a Pokeball and held it with sheer determined. "Salamence! Show them your strength!" Glacier shouted. Salamence appeared and roared, which lowered all of his Opponents attack stats.

Nova was interested on how the battle would turn out. "How many Pokemon does each trainer get to use?" She asked Espeon. Espeon looker at her trainer with curiosity and shrugged. Zoroark stared in wonder and amazement at Salamence's intimidation.

"Rockruff Rock Blast!"

Rockruff fired dozens of rocks in an effort to block the Magical Leaf of Serperior. Duke however had to account now for the Salamence now on the battlefield as well as Rockruff's newfound aggression.

Guess love does that to you...

SaiyanDakon

Glacier had given Salamence a moveset different than normal. He'd fix it after the battle though. "Salamence! Use Earthquake!" He shouted. Salamence released ground pressure throughout the battlefield went toward all three Pokemon.

Last edited:
Serperior's magical leaves cut effortlessly through the rock blast, soaring through the air. The grass type's type advantage really came in handy, or so it seemed... Regardless, the grass snake kept on going, shooting more leaves.

Machop flinched at the leaves rising from it's tail, but Karate Chopped it anyhow, but got caught up in the leaves, cutting its skin a bit, but despite the cuts, it rushed back to Teiran, ready for the next command. "Focus Energy on Salamance!" Teiran called, as Machop turned to face Salamance, focusing all it's energy and anger on it.

Last edited:
(And focus energy doesn't affect the opponent, it just increases your chance of getting a critical hit. And @UnovaTrainerGlacier , that's autoing. You don't get to decide what hits. Edit that. Now.)

Being a grass type, Serperior didn't sustain much damage from the earthquake. Daniel calmly gave the next order, having had enough of this already.

"Serperior, use vine whip on Salamence," he commanded. The idea was to launch the dragon type straight to the ground...