• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Nova sent a text to her brother saying to head to the Battle Royale Dome instead of Lush Jungle. Then she called out Unfezant. "Unfezant...carry us to the Battle Royale dome." She commanded. Unfezant lowered her back so that Nova and Epseon could climb on it. She soon flew toward a large dome just outside of Royal Avenue. Where are you Glacier?! Nova thought viciously.

Salamence carried Zoroark and Glacier faster than he normally does. He landed next to the Pokemon Center outside the dome and Glacier saw Nova. Glacier recalled Salamence, for hire hard work, and ran toward Nova. He hugged her tightly with the only sibling affection he can give only to her. Nova was surprised and hugged back. Espeon and Zoroark began to play with each other and Unfezant rested next to the fountain. "Thank the stars you're back! Never leave right on the moment like that!" She said, relieved. "Its a habit so get used to it." Glacier retorted.

Last edited:
Robby called Poncho back to his pokeball before speed walking up to Victor. "Hey, so listen. I haven't been here very long. Not sure my way around this region yet. Mind if I tag along?" He asked, hopefully. As much as he loved being with his Pokemon, having human companion, especially one familiar with the region, would be a great plus to him.

Victor stopped as Robby asked to tag along with him. "Well actually, I wouldn't mind. The others are on their way to do more battles. I wouldn't mind a battle or two later, but I think I want to visit Konikoni again first. Your free to come with", Victor said.

Akio while being pulled away threw the awakening at Lurantis so it was no longer under Charmeleon's spell. Cubone was still cringing at Akio's choice of words. They were going to wherever they were taken!
"The Royal Avenue, looks awesome." he told her.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier looked around at Royal Avenue and the Battle Royale Dome. "I'd like to have a battle with three other trainers in there." He said to Nova. "It'll be fun for the four of us." Zoroark was tickling Espeon with her snout. She heard Glacier saying about a battle and she stood up immediately as did Epseon. The two siblings looked at their Pokemon then back at each other. They laughed so hard and fell on the floor. Once they calmed down a bit, Glacier had an idea. "Nova...we'll participate in the Battle Royale, so we both can the experience." He said, excited. "That's sounds delightful! I'd love to try it!" Nova said with the same excitement in her voice.

"I agree!" Teiran said joyfully, answering both Akio and Daniel's comments. "Sorry I kind of dragged you here beyond your own will..." Teiran said, sheepishly rubbing the back of her head. Back at Lush garden, Lurantis was awoken, and Mallow was thinking to herself, "I wonder where they're going..."

"We don't mind," Daniel answered, "I kinda needed to come here anyway, for the contest... And if there's a battle royale going on, I wanna join! Battling's not normally my thing, but it'll be fun to try anyway!"

"Battle Royal sounds like a wonderful idea!" Duke said, excitement showing. Duke saw this as a chance to get some training in for his Fomantis and Rockruff and he wasn't about to waste this chance.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier and Nova had entered the dome and waited for the others. "The battle royale is supposed to have four trainers in battle. Its free for all so you can attack any of your opponent's Pokemon." Glacier explained. "I'm going to use Garchomp in battle because of his speed and power." Garchomp looked pleased and winked at Zoroark, who blushed. "I'll use Espeon and beat Garchomp!" She said, determined like her brother. They registered in the tournament and waited for the rest of the group.

"I think I'll skip out on the battle," Kemen said wryly, "It isn't really my area of expertise, after all..."

Daniel, meanwhile, went to go and sign himself up, deciding that today, he'd use his prized shiny honchkrow. That bird could pack a serious punch, as well as just look cool...

He wondered if Teiran was going to join, as he brushed his hair, and put on a touch of cologne--It was simply force of habit. Contest or not, he still wanted to make an effort to look good.

Teiran quickly walked over to the dome to sign up, quickly, but sloppily writing her name down. Brionne jumped onto her head, and bent down so Teiran could see nothing but him. He gave her a tilt of the head like a dog, as if asking to battle. Teiran nodded, as if understanding him, and chose three more Pokemon that haven't evolved or batted much. Machop, Ralts M, and Ralts F.

"Sounds great." Robby agreed, slightly excited to make a companion this early on into the region. "I didn't bring all my pokemon with me to this region, but that was sort of a mistake. Gem and Poncho can't exactly sprout wings to fly." He chuckled to himself.

"I might have to stop at a PC if that's alright with you." He noted.

Daniel had selected his pokemon, and was already at his spot in the ring, with Honchkrow in front of him. The crowd were already enraptured by the fact that he had a shiny, before the announcer had even said his name.

"And in the red corner, we have Daniel, and Honchkrow!"

Kemen, meanwhile, took a seat in the audience, cheering quietly for his bride.

"In the blue corner, Teiran!" the announcer said brightly, as Teiran slowly stepped out onto the stadium, waving to the crowd a bit. Brionne, however, did a flip in the air, and landed, blowing kisses to the crowd, and waving, with her giant flippers. Teiran giggled at this, as she picked Brionne up, rubbing the stems on her head.

"And in the green corner, Duke!"

Duke smiled as he released his own choice, the recently caught Fomantis, and the two did a series of exaggerated poses to indicate they were ready for battle. The crowd seemed to like it, especially the younger members.

"That's alright with me. Perhaps I should do the same anyway. Flying would be so much faster than walking when it comes to travel. You'll like Konikoni, it's very popular among tourists......or at least it looks. I haven't been in this region too long but long enough to know a few places" Victor said as he continued down the path. "The Pokemon center should be at the end of this road".

Akio smiled at Teiran. Charmeleon was watching Brionne intently. Cubone was just looking at them like they were weird.
"They are a great team! Right Charmeleon?" Akio asked. Charmeleon nodded as they were both motionlessly looking Cubone whacked them round the head.
"Cu? Cubone...CU, CU, CU!!" (Why? You just stare...GOCK, STARE, GOCK!!" Cubone told them in Pokémon speak.
"Charmeleon. Char...Charmeleon. Char. CHARMELEON." (Look Cubone. Your uncomfortable...more than you feel about this. Look. GET OVER IT.)

SaiyanDakon

"In the Yellow Corner, Its Glacier!" the announcer said finally. Nova and Glacier agreed that she should watch the battle to see how it went. Glacier walk to his spot in the arena and waved at the crowd. Large and ready to see action...like most tournaments. Glacier thought.

Nova sat in her seat with Espeon in her lap and Zoroark sitting next to her. "Glacier or Teiran are bound to win this. I knew it wouldn't be a chance for me but its still great to watch." She said to Espeon, who responded with nudging her.

Robby nodded, then smiled at the thought of being reunited with one of his oldest Pokemon. "I'm assuming you don't have a Pokemon that can fly?" He asked. Gem snickered to himself before leaping from Robby's shoulder onto Victor's.

"Gem!" Robby groaned in annoyance. Gem smiled over at Robby, exposing his large mouth with very sharp pointy teeth. "Sorry about him." He sighed.

"And with that, let's begin the battle!" the announcer began, "We'll begin with the red corner!"

Daniel rolled forward, eager to begin. "Honchkrow, use payback on Garchomp!"

The shiny pokemon flew high in the air, as he launched a cloud of popping purple sparks at the dragon type.

"Victor shuddered slightly. Sableye always creeped him out with the sharp toothy smile. Just like ursaring and grandbull. But, it passed quickly. He was reserved, but strangely quick to adapt.
"It's OK. I'm no stranger to this sort of thing. Like I said, my family and I used to explore caves filled with these guys. I take it he likes strangers....or defying you" he said as he laughed slightly.
"Well actually I do, well sort of. I have a Pokemon that my sister and I both ask to help us get around, but I don't think my sister has been using him as much." He went on as he opened the door to the Pokemon center.

SaiyanDakon

"Garchomp...take the Payback and counter with Dragon Rush!" Glacier commanded. Garchomp jumped in the air toward Honchrow and used Dragon Rush to faze through the Payback or destroy it.

Nova watched the battle and was already starting to get amazed. "A pink Honchrow? Daniel is really going for something stylish." She said. Espeon and Zoroark agreed and Nova was surprised to see Zoroark here. "Aren't you supposed to be with Glacier?" She asked. Zoroark shook her head and continued to watch the battle. What Pokemon are you using Glacier? Garchomp and Dartrix are there...but who else? She thought.

Daniel knew that his shiny honchkrow was quite the magnificent sight, but truth be told, he'd found the shiny completely by chance. He'd seen it one day in Hoenn, and was so taken with it that that he simply had to put it on his team.

His eyes were back on the battle as Garchomp went through the payback, apparently unharmed. Now, he'd have to use plan b...

"Honchkrow, use psychic on Garchomp!"

SaiyanDakon

"Garchomp...stop the attack and dig underground!" Glacier shouted. With the commanded given, Garchomp saw Honchrow making the move and dove down underground and moved around to attack from below. Now is not the time...I'll strike when the the timing is just right. He thought. Glacier looked over at Teiran and Duke for just a moment and their Pokemon then returned back to the battle. They'd better be prepared for this next attack. Its time! Glacier thought vigorously.

"He's very defying of what I say. Not that he disrespects me or anything; he just likes to aggitate me." He shrugged as they passed through the sliding doors of the Pokemon center, the cool quick breeze hitting him in the face. "Gem, come." He ordered. The young Sableye groaned as he lept from Victor's shoulder to his.

As he came upon the PC, his heart raced with excitement at the thought of his beloved friend. "Ready to see Pyker again?" He asked Gem with a small wink. Gem's ears perked up in excitement, leaping from Robby's shoulder to on top of the PC. After a few seconds of going through his storage, he saw him, and quickly retrieved him. The premier ball rolled out of a small slot; almost like receiving change. He excitedly snatched up the ball and kept eyeing it, "So Victor. What's your team?"

Last edited:
"Alright, Brionne, use Bubble Beam on Fomantis!" Teiran shouted, as Brionne did so, firing a giant shot of water and bubbles at his opponent, trying to show Charmeleon that he had moves as well. Teiran smirked at the crowd, as some cheered for Daniel, some Glacier, some Duke.

Duke simply smiled at this.

"Fomantis. Counter with Razor Leaf!" Duke called out as Fomantis shot several leaves right at Brionne's bubbles. The crowd cheered, this match proving to be an exciting spectacle.

"Fomantis dodge it!"

Fomantis saw the incoming Dark Pluse and jumped backwards. This prevented it from receiving the brunt of the damage. But the shock-wave created from the ensuing explosion caused Fomantis to be knocked back. Fomantis was quick to get back to its feet.

SaiyanDakon

"Now Garchomp....hitbthem with Draco Meteor." Glacier said. Garchomp rose from the ground and fired a single meteor into the air which exploded into numerous meteors that headed straight for Honchrow, Formamtis and Brionne. It was a risk for losing the special attack buff but as long as it hit, Glacier was fine.

Duke smirked at this. Seeing opportunity.

"Fomantis. Use Draco Meteor as stepping stones. Jump on them and make your way up to Honchkrow and use Leaf Blade!" Duke yelled as Fomantis nodded before it began to bounce against the falling meteors slowly but surely getting higher and closer to Honchkrow. Once it was in range Fomantis would jump for Honchkrow and try to slice it.

SaiyanDakon

(Just to clarify with you guys...Garchomp doesn't have dig in its moveset. It just knows how to dig.)

"Garchomp! Intercept Formantis with Fire Fang!" Glacier shouted. Garchomp jumped high in the air to stop Formantis in its tracks. His fangs were already lit on fire just to bring Formantis down.

As soon as Daniel realised what was going on, his eyes lit up. With those moves alone, Duke and Glacier had given him the perfect opportunity to take both of their pokemon out... And the resulting spotlight.

He ordered Honchkrow to go higher, backing away until he had a clear view of the pokemon within range. Now, it was time...

"Honchkrow, get them both with dark pulse!"

"Allow me to introduce them, come on out guys, Victor said as three Pokemon emerged from their pokeballs. "This is Fiurball the Torracat. Oblivion the meowth native to this region. And here is Calypso my skorupi". All three Pokemon gave a greeting. Meowth went closer to Robby and gem to observe them.

Ah, looks like he's curious about you.....oh how rude of me. There is one more I should introduce", he said as he pulled a pokeball that rolled from the PC port.

"Come on out Boombox" he said as he tossed a pokeball outside the door. Out popped a Noivern. My buddy boombox assists me when I need to get somewhere quickly. Say hi Boombox", the noivern replied with a screechy hello. "ACK....still getting used to that. So what about your friends"?

SaiyanDakon

"I don't think so...Garchomp! Time to soar! Glacier shouted. Garchomp altered its course a bit and spread his arms to look like wings. "Now angle your attack at Brionne!" He commanded. Garchomp took evasive action and spun quickly then charged at Brionne.

"Brionne, dodge!" Teiran told her Pokemon. Brionne, being small and flexible very easily dodged all moves coming at him. "Now, use scald!" Teiran called, as Brionne shot a Scald move towards Garchomp. Teiran had taught Brionne that ™ a little while ago.

"Use Leaf Blade to block!"

Fomantis held up its glowing appendages as the Dark Pulse slammed into it sending it flying to the ground. With a surprising amount of grace it landed on its feet, though it did take damage. Duke noticed there were still some descending meteors from Draco Meteor and took advantage of this.

"Use Leafage on the meteors! Push them towards Honchkrow!"

Fomantis gave a nod as it shot dozens of leaves at a couple of the descending meteors and, with surprising strength, the leaves pushed the meteors up and towards Honchkrow looking to knock it right out of the sky.

Last edited:
"Teiran can win this." Akio thought to himself counting on her. Charmeleon was watching Brionne's Technique.
They both shockingly amazing at battling Akio's favourite gen 4 Pokémon Garchomp!
Cubone was watching the battle like a normal Pokémon but was cheering for Garchomp as it was a fellow ground type and super powerful Pokémon. Who knows who would win.
"Guys what about Daniel?" Porygon asked in Pokémon talk coming out of it's Pokéball without command.