• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
(This might be my last post for this week until Saturday evening.)
Glacier thought about trying to battle something because he was getting bored out his skull. "Man...I could use a Pokemon Battle right about now..." He complained, "Teiran...could I battle you?" He asked. Glacier had known Teiran for quite some time and finally had some courage to say it to her. Nova treated her Pokemon with some Pokebeans that she made. "I'd really like to see a battle between you two or whoever my brother faces." She explained, "I want to become champion of Unova but I know that Glacier will beat me to it..." Zoroark, Garchomp and Glacier laughed at Nova's little comment. "You bet I'm going to beat dad. And when I do, my dreams are complete." He said, confident in his champion dream.

Last edited:
"Man I'm so bored. These Fearow are sooooooooooo weak."
"miiiiiiineore orrrrrrrrrre"
"Cool mineore. I'm gunna catch it" he said.
"min" The pokemon look at Platnum like it was going to attack.
"GOOOOOOOOOOO Ultra ball 1,2,3,and gotcha!!! Now let's go take on Vikavolt." He roared.

Last edited:
(I didn't finish trials there, but we're saving it for after Ula'Ula)

Lurantis charged at Akio's Pokemon, going on for a tackle, to start things off easily. Teiran watched the battle, and was thinking t herself, "Akio can do it! He charmed me, he can charm Lurantis!"

SaiyanDakon

(I'll have some time before I leave tomorrow)
Glacier left Lush Jungle with his Pokemon and Nova. He sighed and watched the sky. What is the meaning of battling if your Pokemon are the ones doing the fighting when the trainers don't do anything. He thought sadly. He proved himself worthy of the bond with Zoroark when they met in Unova. "Glacier...you'll win the championship if they have one here...I just know it." Nova said, supporting his older brother. He looked at Nova slightly and stared at her for a while. "Heh....thanks..I'll just win it or I might become the runner-up like in Unova." He told her. Garchomp nudged Glacier and looked at him. "We can do it! I know we can!" Garchomp said in Pokemon speech. Glacier rubbed Garchomp's head and thanked him for the support. "We will become the champion of Alola!" Glacier shouted and lifted his Luxury Ball high in the air.

Charmeleon got mad and turned to Akio with a 'I need orders' look.
"Charmeleon use dragon rage!" Akio commanded as Charmeleon began to charge up his draco energy into one huge blast at Lurantis.
"Charmeleon when Lurantis tries to attack use your slash attack to counter it!" Again Charmeleon was commanded as he powered up his claws for some slashing. Trumbeak flew down and wanted to Lurantis to rest awaiting for it's answer.
"Lurantis, I can fight this Charmeleon myself. Please take a rest." Trumbeak said in Pokémon speak.

"Oh this battle is intense! Those two seem to work together well, but they should remain calm in battle. A perfect combination of Pokemon and trainer is always made by becoming in sync" Victor said as he eyed the battle.

Lurantis shook its head, saying that she was healed befor this match. Lurantis went in for a tackle, only to be hit by the slash atrack they had planned. Lurantis got back to his feet, and prepared to use a Leaf Blade.

Name: Robby
Personality: typically quiet, to himself. but also friendly and always enjoys meeting others
Looks: Curly brown hair, thin and fit. blue jeans, white tennis shoes, gray v neck shirt.
Goals: Travel all the regions and collect all the badges
Pokemon (So far): Sableye, Ludicolo
backstory: Originally from Hoenn where he received Gem, his Sableye, from his mother. Before leaving for Alola as his first stop, he caught a Lombre, named Poncho. He had just arrived in Alola the previous week, and is now on a journey to explore as much of the region as possible.
--------------------

Robby walked a slow pace, his Sableye, Gem, on his shoulder and Poncho, his Ludicolo, trailing right beside him. He looked up at the sky, seeing Wingulls Pelippers pass over in quite a large group. "That surely beats walking right, guys?" He said, tired. As Robby and his two Pokemon made their way, they heard voices. Quite a few. And other various sounds. "A Pokemon battle?" He asked himself.

"Seems we have a chance to meet some trainers!" He told his team. As they quickened their pace, a pair of purple eyes watched them from the bushes. Watching and following them closely.

(You need to ask on the discussion page! You can't just join in! It's Ask To Join! The link is on the very first reply)

Teiran looked at the battle at hand, wondering why Akio wasn't having Charmeleon use any fire type moves. Other than that, Teiran looked on in interest, as Fomantis started to swing blades of leaves at Charmeleon.

"Okay Charmeleon time for the strategy we planned!" Akio shouted pointed ahead. Charmeleon kept slashing at all the leaf blades and finally to everyone's expectation used flamethrower. The power was just as strong as the Pokémon Akio would be using if Charmeleon fainted.
"Charmeleon Dragon rage, flamethrower combo!" He commanded as a strange purply-orange glow came from the mouth of the Pokémon.
"I call it flame rage... or Dragon thrower...or...I got nothing just use it." Akio told everyone while Charmeleon did the beastly blast straight at Lurantis.

Daniel and Kemen watched quietly from the sidelines, returning their teams. Even Lopunny wasn't needed right now, since Daniel had Kemen to push him.

The boys were quick to notice the newcomer, but decided not to say anything, unsure if they planned to say hello or not.

"Oh, that's a strong attack! I wonder if it's charmeleon's blaze ability at work. Reminds me of the first time it happened to you although the color was very different" Victor said as he looked down at Torracat.

Last edited:
Lurantis was hit, but even though he was pretty injured, he still had some energy let in him, so Lurantis used Headbutt, rushing to Charmeleon. Teiran watched on, in excitement, as well as Brionne, who gave looked at Charmeleon in awe.

As Robby walked up to witness the battle, he stood next to Victor and gave his opinion on the battle without even looking at him, "Think the Lurantis has a chance against that Charmeleon?" He asked. Poncho, his Ludicolo, watched the battle with excitement, as did Gem, as he watched from Robby's shoulder.

Victor continued to look at the battle as well as respond to Robby. "Well, while charmeleon has the type advantage, there is more to battle than just strengths and weaknesses. There is also experience. Both Pokemon are strong, but if you ask me, Akio and charmeleon have a bond that can help them triumph" he said as he looked down and noticed meowth trying to offer him another belt buckle. "Your doing this to me on purpose aren't you buddy?"

Last edited:
Robby nodded, "I haven't been here long enough to know their bond, stats, or levels. I just noticed the types as soon as I got here." He looked down at the Meowth and slightly chuckled, "You don't see many Meowths. As abundant they are, they're good at staying away from trainers."

"Strange Huh? They are pretty dodgey but they do warm up to those they see fit quickly. I've also noticed your sableye. I don't see them too often either. Except for the caves my sister and I use to explore in hoenn. Are you from there" he asked as he looked at the sableye and ludicolo.

Robby looked at Gem, slightly smiling before looking down at Poncho. "Yeah. I'm from Hoenn. I didn't find Sableye though. He was a gift from my mother before she went off for her job; she's a scientist. I caught Ludicolo has a Lombre before heading out from Hoenn and he evolved not soon after arriving. I'm excited to see what Pokemon I'll encounter here."

He watched the battle before looking back at Victor, "I'm Robby by the way." He introduced, sticking out his hand.

Victor hesitated for a second, he was not always good with meeting new people. "My name is Victor. Nice to meet you Robby", he said as met with Robby's hand and shook. "Im from the Kalos region. My parents have a restaurant in snowbella city. My sister wanted me to come visit her and share some new recipes. She's is all the way on poni island, but I seem to have fallen into the crowd here. But something tells me they're going to poni island.

Charmeleon had something else up it's sleeve.
"Have I ever told you how good this FEMALE Charmeleon is at using attract?" Akio asked. "Where I got my cute charm abilty." He told Lurantis winking at Teiran. "Charmeleon use ATTRACT." He told Charmeleon as she kissed Lurantis on the cheek.
"When Lurantis is love struck i'm going to use flamethrower!" He thought to himself.

SaiyanDakon

(Finally made it back from camping. Great to be back with you guys)

Glacier saw Victor talking to someone else but paid no mind it. "Nova...tell them when they finish...They'll understand or they won't." He explained to Nova. "I'm going to Mount Lanakila to train them and to have them get stronger then father's or anyone who has the same strength." Nova and Espeon gasped at the news of her brother. "Why would you do that? It might upset Teiran, who's like the heart of the group." She pleaded. "Please stay with us...we need to do this together and you leaving to do whatever you're doing up on an ice mountain might break Croconaw's heart." Croconaw agreed by stomping her foot. "I know, that's why she's staying with you to keep an eye on Brionne." He said and turned to leave Lush Jungle. "Don't try coming after me...this is for me and my partners." He added coldly. Nova watched Glacier, Zoroark, and Garchomp leave Lush Jungle and fly toward Ula' Ula Island.

"Akio has some pretty good strategy going. An attracted Pokemon becomes way more preoccupied and easier to hit. This reminds me of my mother's battles against my father", Victor said as he got lost in thought.

Terran blushed at Akio's wink, and strangely, Brionne seemed a bit jealous when Charmeleon kissed Lurantis, which made Teiran wonder. Lurantis immediately fell for Charmeleon, not wanting to attack anymore, as Lurantis used a couple pick up lines in Pokemon speak.

"Well, this fight took a strange turn." Duke said with a smile, finding this amusing. Not a second later Rockruff released itself from its Pokeball and began to stare intently at the scene before him. Duke shook his head as he knew what his Pokemon was up to.

Trying to take some mental notes, my little love struck friend...

SaiyanDakon

Salamence carried Glacier to Mount Lanakila and was recalled by his trainer to get ready for training. "This is where we begin...this is where we become a champion." Glacier declared. Zoroark and Garchomp were out of their Pokeballs and roared with agreement. They started walking through the caves of the mountain and started battling different Pokemon.

Meanwhile in Lush Jungle, Nova and Espeon were watching the battle between Lurantis and Akio. "Go get it Akio!" She cried out as his battle strategy was working very well. Espeon cheered by using Psyshock in the air like fireworks. I hope Glacier is okay on Mount Lanakila...what am I talking about?! Of course he's fine! She thought sternly.

(@UnovaTrainerGlacier you cannot start the League without us, for we all want to do it. FWI, it's a league, not elite four, in case you didn't know)

Teiran continued to look at Akio, and the way he battled with Charmeleon. Brionne looked at Charmeleon, and the way he battled with Akio. Both adoring their crush, they clapped for both, Brionnes clap being loudest.

SaiyanDakon

(I only mean champion of Unova to beat my father and I'm not even challenging the league. All I'm doing is training to get stronger in the cave.)

The cave was cold and filled with numerous Pokemon to be found. Glacier, Zoroark, and Garchomp found a pathway that leads to the outside of Mount Lanakila and made it their training ground. "Lets start with Flamethrower in the air Zoroark! Give a signal!" Glacier commanded. Zoroark winked at Garchomp and released large amounts of flames from her mouth toward the air toward Akala Island. "Garchomp! Lets start practicing Stone Edge!" He said. Garchomp agreed with a grunt and started sending stones up from the ground to a larger rock.

Nova and Espeon continued to watch the battle and they were surprised at how tall the Pokemon was. "Hey Teiran. Are Totem Pokemon always that tall?" She asked her friend. Espeon looked deeply curious but started playing with Formantis and Rockruff.

Last edited:
Akio looked at Brionne and being the Pokémon whisperer he was, he less enthusiastically told Charmeleon
"Use Flamethrower, the when it's super weak a dragon rage." Akio pulled out an awakening ready for something.

Lurantis fainted at the Flamethrower, it being super affective. Brionne looked at Charmeleon awe in his eyes, as he marveled quietly over the female Charmeleon's power. Brionne blushed bit at the fire type, and Teiran chuckled to herself. Brionne's got a girlfriend. Teiran thought to herself, as Brionne walked over to Charmeleon to congratulate it.

Daniel and Kemen exhaled quietly, relieved that that was over. Now, finally, they could get going again.

Kemen congratulated Akio, while Daniel packed his things up.

"Shall we go to Royal Avenue next?" he offered, "Or Konikoni City?"

SaiyanDakon

Glacier completed training and sent a text to Nova saying that he's on his way back to Lush Jungle. He recalled Garchomp and called on Salamence to carry Zoroark and himself. "Home...this is my new home." He mumbled to himself.

Nova received a text from Glacier and was excited to hear the news. "Congrats Akio! But I have something to attend to." She said And she ran out of Lush Jungle.

Teiran sweat dropped. "Um, exactly what are those places?" she asked, as Brionne stopped in her tracks and dead panned. Teiran had really never been anywhere but her room or house, and the places she traveled with this group. Brionne stopped heading over to Charmeleon, and hopped onto Teiran's shoulder.

Kemen, who was used to travel, cleared his throat. "Royal avenue is where a unique style of pokemon battles, known as Battle Royales are held," he began, "But more recently, the area has been doubling as a showcase arena, and a contest hall, as well. Meanwhile, Konikoni City is the birthplace of this island's kahuna, and home to a unique variety of Z crystal."

Teiran thought hard on her decisions. "I think Royal Avenue would be the best choice." she said confidently. She needed two more keys, and Daniel, Kyle, and Glacier (I think) needed more ribbons. Also, if the battle Royal dome was held there, Teiran could train up for her battle against the Kahuna.

"Agreed," Daniel added, "I've been wanting to try my appeal with Serperior for ages, and there, I'll finally get to do it."

"I guess we're going to Royal Avenue, then," Kemen snorted, taking Daniel's wheelchair.

"Sounds like a marvelous plan." Duke said, excited to continue his journey. Royal Avenue sounded like a perfect place to go. Duke crouched down and began to pet Rockruff a little, who also seemed excited about going to Royal Avenue.

"Oh, well.....OK royal avenue it is then. battles are always a good thing", Victor said as he returned his pokemon to their respective pokeballs. 'Well actually, you all have fun, im going to go to Konikoni" he said as he started down the path.

Last edited:
"Bye! See you later!" Teiran waved to Victor, as Brionne sat upon her shoulder, waving as well. Then Teiran grabbed Akio's arm, and trotted down the path, following a couple respective signs, until she, still holding onto Akio, made it to Royal Avenue. "Here it is, Akio! Can't you just imagine it now!" Teiran said to him, as she respectively waited for the others to catch up.
(@Akio and Cubone )