• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What city should the rp take place in?

• Chicago

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seattle

• Los Angeles

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Las Vegas

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detroit

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Miami

• New Orleans

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Atlanta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington D.C.

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, it's a fantasy world in that the only people in charge are entirely fictional. Theoretically, that could make it happen in 2019. Or it could be set 20-40 years from now. I was actually going to ask y'all about this actually and forgot ^.^"
We have someone with a flamethrower, so it makes the most sense to have it take place after WW1 since they were introduced during that time

Maybe one of my and @Joelkjn's OC's could be one of them. We're gonna have one of them be a business man after all. @MelodyMay don't worry. A quick little name change is all that's needed for that OC. I'm gonna post one of them now.

Name: Victor Di Angelo. Alias: Victor Howlett
Description: a young business man with black hair and basically looks like a guy with a suit and carries around a suitcase. He also have yellow eyes (a heritage from his mother). Height: around 6'2
Powers: morphing and immortality (bullets and blade's can hurt and kill him though)
Backlash: a multiple personality disorder and morphing takes a big toll on him.
Role- hero/villain: villain
Hero/villain alias: Psycho (courtesy of one of his personalities).
Hero/villain outfit: black spandex that is designed to fit his morphing ability. That's all.
*Backstory: revealed later
*Personality: as stated, he has a multiple personality disorder. One diplomat, one psychopathic and sadistic, one where he is himself obviously, one when he's enraged (no prisoners!) And one more playful personality. He also have a god complex.
Other: not really anything to say here

Last edited:
Okay, everyone, I know we're not supposed to double post here but I have a quick update. I will be at work until 8pm EST, at the latest. I'm getting to spend lunch with a friend so I'll work on the roleplay thread then but I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish. So keep an eye out roughly 5-6 hours from now :)

Are we gonna stay in Detroit for the whole roleplay? I hope not because that doesn't really fit for a superpower roleplay

I'm assuming we were using Detroit as a starting point. A specified city or state, as to get our characters acquainted with one another.

I'm sure the plot will move on from there at some point.

Edit: @MelodyMay Its totally fine, and thanks for understanding my view.
I realize those basic physical enhancements can become broken, but I'd say I'm pretty good a power scaling and restraining myself. His restrictions will play a big part of his development.

This seems very interesting! I'm going to make a bio for this!

Name: Zachary (Zack) Lite
Description: Zachary stands at a height of 5'8", with electric blue hair that is unevenly spiked. He has an olive skin tone, and he wears a bright yellow jacket with an outlined lightning bolt on it. He has ripped navy blue jeans, and white socks, along with some blue sneakers. His eyes are black.
Power(s): Electricity Manipulation
Backlash: His powers don't last the whole day he uses them, and he has a limited amount of energy that he can use. This forces him to have to 'recharge his batteries' every night, so that he will have enough energy and willpower to be able to fend off villains. If he uses all of his energy too early, then his powers will temporarily disappear, until he reharges them again.
Role- Hero/Villain: Hero
Hero/Villain Alias: Electron
Hero/Villain Outfit: He wears a suit that covers all of his body. There is dark blue pants connected to dark blue feet covers( I have no idea what to call it, but it does sound exactly like the definition of socks, even though this technically not socks), and a yellow belt between the waist and the thighs, with a yellow lightning bolt in the middle. There is dark blue covering his stomach, coming up to a point like a triangle that covers some of the middle of his chest. The rest of his chest is all white, as well as his arms. At his hands, there are white fingerless gloves that are still connected to the suit. To finish it all off, he has a white mask with dark blue at the cheeks, and a golden futuristic visor. His hair can be seen as well.
*Backstory: Zachary was a average guy, he was in a small friend group, with people of all different cultures and variety. They didn't care whether they had nothing in common, because they supported each other all the way. One day, the group went out together, but without Zachary, since Zack was sadly sick. He noticed something glowing in his bathroom, and even though his parents specifically told him not to move from his bed before they came back from work. He went really close, though he couldn't tell what it was, since it was glowing very brightly. When Zachary touched it, it glowed even brighter. It gave a large shock to Zack, and he fell unconscious. When he woke up again, he felt normal, the sickness gone and nothing happened. When he went to take off his charging phone to ask his parents how work went, he finally realized he was back in bed, and bounced in surprise. Then, once he calmed down, he went to grab his charger, but it was at zero percent, and Zack sighed, realizing he forgot to charge his phone since he was sick. However, when his hand was at the top piece, and his wire was plugged into his phone, a burst of electricity came from his hands, and it brought his ohone all the way to one hundred percent. Zachary was terrified, but he calmed down, knowing this was not normal. As time passed, he learned that he gained powers, and promised himself he would use his abilities only for good.
*Personality: Zachary is kind, confident, and brave. He loves to help those in need, because he thinks about the person, and not their personality. He loves to make new friends, and he can open up to them pretty easily.
Other: Zachary LOVES burgers.

Name: Xander Smith
Description:
Power(s): Illusion Magic
Backlash: After using lots of illusion magic, Xander will start to feel delusional, causing him to see illusions himself. This makes him go crazy, as the things he sees may be his biggest fears, or pieces of the sad event that occurred in his life. He learned a specific type of magic, illusion magic, so he could create fake things so people would have the same feeling as him. He wants people to feel sad that what they wanted was not real, since what Xander wanted was to have friends forever.
Role- Hero/Villain: Villain
Hero/Villain Alias: The Conjuror
Hero/Villain Outfit: The Conjuror wears a black and yellow suit, as well as a mask similar to a hazmat mask.
*Backstory: Xander was a little kid, who was very popular, he even had a special nickname his friends gave him, X. He was known all throughout the school. The problem was, however, that there was a mysterious person in the school who would make photoshopped pictures of people that would make fun of them, and that would cause them to be bullied. This once happened to Xander, where he was put on an embarrassing photo, and so he lost all his friends and was bullied his whole life. His parents died soon after, and so he was always alone and socially disconnected from people. He found out one of his friends was the mysterious person, and that caused him to have trust issues for the rest of his life, which is why he does not like working with other people.
*Personality: Xander is cruel, getting angry over every little thing. He gets furious if he loses, and punches anything he comes across if he is in this state. He hates working with other people, preferably to be alone. He may choose to work with others, but that is very uncommon. You can tell he thinks your very strong if he decides to work with you.
Other: There is possibility that Xander may have shown mercy to those he defeated before.

Yet another character who is gonna wanna stay AWAY from Kaleb. Pretty sure mummies are harmed by too much heat.

Vex isn't a normal mummy. If you read his back story, he's classified as a day walker or a half breed.
Therefore fire and heat isn't as affective as affective as it would be on a natural Mummy.
Think Blade from....Blade. That's a good comparison.

Besides, even if you can hurt me, that won't matter if im all over you before you've got time to react. ;)

Speaking of your character, you fused some pretty odd powers together. What's the point of being invisible if your primary source of attacking has the most visibility out of any power listed so far.

I think we should stop there with the power measuring. It can get a little heated if we do that. Or you promise you'll keep it friendly. I don't want Stellarwind to come

If a little back and forth power discussion/comparison leads to a strike on the page, said people causing the issue probably shouldn't be on here anyways.
I think we'll be fine. Its all in good fun

@AnimeTail both accepted :)

As for location, we may branch out but Detroit in this roleplay is much better off than our Detroit. With all the abandoned buildings and high violent crime rate, the government set up research labs to try to understand powers in the city. It cuts out long transportations and provides many villains to research.

This level of scientists and the need for firearm manufacturers for the record breaking amounts of police officers has brought a new level of wealth to the city. However, poverty and violent crime still run rampent.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
This seems interesting.. wonder if this works?
Edit: Added a few missing details, and just a little reference to his mutation powers.

Name:
Cain Whitecastle

Age: Basically Ageless, Age on Date of Death: 14 (See Powers)

Description: Cain is taller than average people, standing 6'7 tall, though he always seems smaller as he is mostly hunched over. He has no particularly strong muscles, but he is of a bulky, somewhat starved stature, his bones having thicker skin on them. He is unnormally pale, almost as if he was dead, but still has a fair bit of colour. He has a blind right eye (aka the pupil and iris being completely white) and the left is somewhat bloodshot, the pupil being a brown hue. His usually brown hair had become grey-white and long from the mutation, growing down to his elbows. Along his body he has a few pieces of skin missing, mostly noticeable on his face and hands, where some patches are showing the bloody flesh below the skin. His teeth are sharper than the average humans, being nearly like animal teeth. Outside of his outfit, he usually wears torn clothing, consisting of a grey hoodie with dark-red splotches and dark-grey jeans, aswell as brown boots.

Power(s): Rampage; If his Hate, Hunger or Anger grows too much to handle, Cain snaps, turning to his 'darker' side, becoming a 'feral human'. With this boost, he gains increased strength, agility and awareness and a slight growth in size, but loses part of his sight, having to rely on his other senses instead. With this mode, he can chase after his targets by climbing walls, parkouring over things, and will pounce on them like a lion to its prey, using his entire body, from mouth to hands and feet, attacking wildly. (TL;DR; Basically becomes a L4D2 Hunter.)

Zombie/Ghoul: Cain is in secretly a Ghoul/Zombie type of Creature, thus being unable to feel pain or age and being only able to be truly killed by destroying the brain. The more his 'rampage' mode reveals itself, the more he takes onto the look of what he should look like. If a target he bites manages to get away, there is a chance they will be infected and become an 'Infected' themselves upon death. Each individual can be affected differently, but most become one of the two variants;
1. Walker; Just a simple zombie, walking around as slow as can be. This zombie tends to bite alot.
2. Runner; This zombie has got more energy than the walkers, and tends to run instead of walk, attacking the target with wild swings of their arms and kicking.
In rare cases, some individuals may mutate more, becoming a 'Special Infected'. These can range from a muscled individual becoming a walking mass of muscular rage, to a being with extra room in the stomache filling up with a liquid that attracts other zombies. (TL;DR; L4D2 Mutations.) A blast to the brain will kill most infected quickly, but some may take longer to die than others.

As a side effect, the more Cain eats, the faster he will recover from injuries. To explain:
If there was no eating when losing an arm, it will take a minimum of 8 months to recover that one arm alone. If there is constant eating, it will recover in 4 months, more or less, depending on the rate of which the food is consumed. He does not, however, recover one injury at a time. If he crawls to a food supply with only one arm and half a torso, both injuries will recover at the same time, but at different rates.

Backlash: Rampage: Cain will start to lose his ability to think when enraged, having only the one sense in mind that matters: Eating. Whether friend or foe, innocent or evil. This will not matter anymore. He will hunt down anything that's fleshy, alive or dead, near him and begin eating it until he calms down. Due to this, it will be somewhat easy to trap Cain within a cage using bait, whether that be food or people/animals, but also difficult as Cain will rely less on his vision, and more on his senses, such as smell and sound.

Zombie/Ghoul: Cain has to constantly eat to maintain his human disguise, and this is very difficult to maintain, especially for being something that is constantly starved. He can survive without food, but will be put into a state of constant rage until he eats enough to maintain himself again, thus making him a risky ally. Due to being what he is, there is nothing able to cure him from what he is suffering from, only being able to be put down like his victims; by destroying the brain.

Outside of his powers, if he does not keep up his routine of eating, his skin will start to fall off, revealing his zombie form without even needing to become enraged. Due to him being what he is, those who know him either fear him, or attack on sight, simply because of how dangerous he is, thus being forced to live isolated and alone, aswell as having to steal (and sometimes murder, if necessary) to 'survive'. He is usually seen outside in the night, or in places that no soul ever visits. (Forests, Rooftops of buildings, Abandoned Sites, etc.)

Role- Hero/Villain: Villain (Though, he will attack other Villains aswell, if he ever feels like he needs to. The main thing about him being a villain is that he usually shows no mercy and just kills his targets, aswell as being completely dangerous to the world due to being able to turn others.)

Villain Alias: Vile Predator

Villain Outfit: Since he doesn't really require any protection, Cain removes his hoodie and moves the bottom parts of his jeans up to become more nimble incase of needing to hunt down someone. This reveals the shackles on his wrists and ankles. He'll also come prepared to the battle wearing a metal collar around his neck, with a large steel ball attached to the collar by a long chain, if he ever needs to do more damage than he can normally. He can use the ball and chain as a lethal makeshift flail, swinging it around him to cause some serious damage.

Note: The steel ball is heavy enough to break/disfigure one's bones if dropped or slammed against. It IS a ball made of solid metal, mind you. Alternatively, it can also be used to hold Cain underwater for an extended period of time, or Cain can swing it into the air to make him fly into said direction. If the ball is dettached, the Chain can be used as a whip, and in both cases, whether dettached or not, can be used to strangulate someone from up-close.

Backstory: Cain was taken into a laboratory as a child, where he was slaughtered after being tested on with various liquids, mental tests, etc. With even more testing, as the scientists had tried to develop a serum to bring bodies back to life, their serum had caused a chemical reaction with the several viruses and other liquids injected into the body, causing him to become what he is now. When the scientists cheered because Cain moved, their cheer was quickly overwhelmed by Fear, as this was the first time Cain became 'rampant'. Thus resulted in him breaking out (not without several casualties) and finding a new life. When hunting for food, he had accidentally started an epidemic in another city, which had to be abandoned due to the amount of infected walking around.

Personality: Even though this really doesn't matter all that much due to Cain doing his best to stay away from Society, he is actually pretty calm, usually showing no emotion other than boredom, neutrality and joy. He tends to not think through his actions, and so sometimes says things he then realizes he shouldn't have. His new life gave him a new trait, this being a lack of fear. For a being who had already faced terrible times, not to mention death itself, there really is nothing much more to fear after those events.

Other: Nothing.

Last edited:

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Name: Niccoló "Nico" di Angelo
Description: He is around 6,4 ft. He has a scar on his cheek. He has black hair and green eyes. He dresses in a a black business suit with a white dress shirt and a red tie.
Power(s): Resurrection: He can bring any dead person back from the dead for a day. Max up too 100 a day. immortality (bullets and blade's can hurt and kill him though)
Backlash: Resurrection takes a lot out of him and can leave him exhausted up to 2 day (only if he takes back 100 people) Otherwise it can leave him a little weak depending on how many he bring back. The "Zombies" can die.
Role- Hero/Villain: Villain
Hero/Villain Alias: Grim Reaper
Hero/Villain Outfit: (Think the Grim Reaper) He also has a scythe
*Backstory: revealed later
*Personality: He is always calm and calculating. To many he comes of cold but to his twin he is friendly.
Other: Nothing XD

Last edited:
Hmm... Then it's a very conditional power, right? Since we're not living on a graveyard. Most of the time you won't find random corpse buried underground. Or did he summon them from the underworld?

And I love Nico too. Especially that one moment when he confess to his crush. :3

I think the power should be toned down if they come from the underworld. But if he use real corpse instead... Well, piling 200 corpses and carrying it into the fight scene will be a great feat.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
oof i toned it down. I can Resurrect anyone per say, not just from the underworld. But ye I understand where you coming from. So let's say I can bring back from the underworld