• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What city should the rp take place in?

• Chicago

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seattle

• Los Angeles

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Las Vegas

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detroit

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Miami

• New Orleans

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Atlanta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington D.C.

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rp Link: https://pokecharms.com/threads/a-call-to-action.20496/

Introduction:
Hello, everyone! It's been a while since I've hosted an rp, but, boy, am I excited to be back in the saddle! This is different than my usual fare but I'm excited to try it. It's a superhero rp with a steady but loose plot. By which I mean that while several overarching arcs will exist, most of the story will be carried by our characters. Whether you play a hero, a villain, or both, this will be fun. I look forward to roleplaying with you guys :) Below is a short introduction to the world. Enjoy~

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hello. You don't know me but I know you. This will sound really bad but, I've been watching you. I'm sure you've noticed the state of the world. People with powers began being born roughly three-hundred years ago and the world still doesn't know how to treat us.

I won't say I don't understand the apprehension of the common public. So many of the original empowered did absolutely heinous things. But you should know that already; it's covered in every history class across the country. That's why I've contacted you with this letter.

The police haven't been able to stop the empowered who use their gifts for downright evil acts. How can they when they can't use powers themselves? That's why we need to do something! I know society makes you feel like being born with these gifts are wrong but I assure you, it is a gift. Not a curse.

I have a plan. Now it won't be for money or fame and it'll be more dangerous than anything I can say! The goal will be simple: bring safety back to the nation and give the empowered a good name! Now, I haven't included my own information here as you can never be certain of anyone and I encourage you to exercise the same caution if you join me on my plan. You'll be in enough danger without throwing your true identity around.

My plan is simple; we do like in the old comic books and movies. We disguise ourselves in suits that amplify our abilities and help police catch the fiends responsible for the stigma against us! We have the abilities and we have the strength; I have reason to believe others were at this before I started scouting for others like myself. But don't rush into this; our enemies will be much more organized and prepared. Our lives will be on the line. What's more, the government may never approve; as vigilantes they will want our movements killed at the roots.

Yet, if we succeed, we could make a better world for all generations of empowered to come. So, there's my speech. Now the ball is in your court; no one will hold it against you if you wish to remain safe and hidden. For those willing to take up the mantle, I look forward to seeing you in the field.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Rules:
  • Follow all Pokecharms rules. This should go without saying but I'll state it for good measure anyway.
  • This will be a semi-literate roleplay. I consider this to mean good grammar and at least five sentences per post.
  • You can have as many characters as you'd like as long as you can keep up with them all.
  • A character can have up to two powers. As amazing as Superman and the Powerpuff Girls are with their seemingly endless repertoire of powers, it would be a bit overpowered for a roleplay :p
  • Another limit I'm putting on the characters to make sure no one is just crazily overpowered is that each power much have a negative effect on the person's body or mind. How they are affected is up to you but try to make it so the power and backlash balance each other out.
  • All that being said, have fun creating these characters. Make it an exercise in creativity. This is a world where anything is possible as a power; go nuts! :D
  • Your characters may be a hero or villain. As I said before, you can have endless characters if you can handle it but please do make them all of a single side. This is more of a request than a rule, but try to balance your heroes and villains, please.
  • I am open to accepting plot ideas from anyone, whether they be plots that effect the entire rp or just creating a new crime boss type character to be making things happen in the background.
  • If you're character is a hero, they must be at least sixteen years old. However, villains can be of any age.
  • Romance is allowed but keep it safe for work.
  • Similarly, this will be a mature roleplay. There will be violence, potentially darks scenes, and even a risk for character death. However, we can't go overboard here, either; nothing excessively bloody or gory.

Character Form:
Name:
Description:
Power(s):
Backlash:
Role- Hero/Villain:
Hero/Villain Alias:
Hero/Villain Outfit:
*Backstory:
*Personality:
Other:

=Semi-optional; while you do need to put something down, you can keep us mostly in the dark and reveal through the course of the roleplay.

My Character Form:
Name:
Maya Taylor
Description: Abnormally tall for an eighteen year-old girl, Maya stands at 6'2" tall. While she isn't built like a body builder, her body is packed with muscle. Her limbs are long yet slender. Her skin tone is a natural bronzed tone and her bright purple eyes have slitted pupils.

Her top canine teeth have formed into long, slender fangs. The skin on her hands, feet, and scalp-line is dry and hard, like scales. This trait fades out once past the tips of her extremities.
Her gums are so pale, they look bleached and her cheeks are a bit pudgy.

Power(s): Super strength and a venomous bite.
Backlash: Maya's backlash is mental; the genetic that gave her powers has also impeded her mental growth. While she can understand adult concepts, to a degree, Maya views the world through the lens of a child and will always, on a mental level be somewhere within the range of a ten-year-old girl. As a result she is easily tricked and swayed but it also means she lacks restraint with her emotions and her super strength.
Role- Hero/Villain: Hero
Hero/Villain Alias: Cottonmouth
Hero/Villain Outfit: She wear a full body suit that is almost skintight. It covers her feat and forms a hood over her head. The suit itself is a rich, dark purple while the hood and the bottoms of the built in boots are black. The area over her hands and forearms are colored bright gold in the shape of gloves. The purple is her suit is flecked with gold. The part of the hood that covers her eyes only shows her slitted pupils while still letting her see out just fine.
*Backstory: Maya grew up with her adopted father and three adopted sisters: Corrina, Cassie, and Jezebel. Cassie lacks powers and none of them have seen Jezebel in years. Corrina does hero work with Maya; however, her talents are easier spent online tracking criminal activities than stopping them in real life. This was how Corrina looked for people to rally.

When Maya learned that Corrina was rallying people to be heroes, she immediately volunteered. Corrina and Cassie were very much against it before Maya pointed out that she didn't need their approval. She was eighteen and had powers; they could help and prepare her or she'd go out on her own. The thought of Maya recieving no help in such a dangerous task got her sisters to agree. They weren't happy but they would rather she'd do it with their protection than by sneaking off.
*Personality: Maya is a very happy go lucky girl. She loves life and wants to spread that joy to others. That's why she wanted to become a hero, so she could help people get back to the happier parts of life. She also sees fighting crime as fun since her immense strength lets her toss most criminals around like toothpicks.
Other: I may frequently play as Corrina but she isn't so much a character as she is an NPC for me.

The Setting:
Date of first post: March 22, 2025
Time: 3:34pm
Weather: Sunny with scattered clouds. The high for the day is 32°F (0°C) and the low is 29°F (roughly -1.6°C). It will steadily get warmer throughout the week with the first week of April reaching a high of 48°F (roughly 9°C).

Last edited:
First!

Name: Kaleb Michael Storm
Description: Kaleb has jet black hair that covers the top of his head. He wears glasses, but switches them for contact lenses when in his outfit. When out of uniform, he wears a black jacket and blue pants, with red shoes. He has light skin, being of mainly white and Japanese ethnicity. He tries to keep himself hidden so that he doesn’t hurt anyone.
Power(s): Fire manipulation and invisibility.
Backlash: His backlash prevents him from controlling his temper. If he get angry, his fire power is increased greatly and it often results in him hurting someone else accidentally. Invisibility, however, is not affected by the backlash.
Hero/Villain Alias: Blowtorch
Hero/Villain Outfit: Kaleb wears a black suit covering his whole body other than the head. The suit does have a hood that he uses. The suit turns invisible with him when he uses that power.
*Backstory: Kaleb was born in the hospital, but he was put up for adoption immediately when his mother saw flames coming from his fingertips. He escaped the orphanage at age 14 by mastering his invisibility and jumping out a window. He began to work on his fire power and mastered that at age 16. When he got the message, he immediately went to help.
*Personality: Kaleb is friendly, but introverted. He tries to hide himself so he doesn’t accidentally hurt anyone. If someone is kind to him, though, he becomes a loyal friend to them and tries to hang around them.
Other: I might make a villain later, but I only had time to make this bio right now.

Name: Nicola Wright
Description: Nicola stands at 5'1. She's a fair-skinned girl with long brown hair. Her eyes are blue and framed by a pair of black glasses. She normally wears white blouse and black skirt, but buying clothes is one of her hobby so she has plenty of various clothes in her wardrobe.
Power(s): Clairvoyance and Telekinesis.
Backlash: When she use telekinesis, snot will start flowing from her nose, using telekinesis for extended duration cause nosebleed. Clairvoyance doesn't have direct backlash but she might get overwhelmed if she's not careful with it. Also, her telekinesis can't be used at object that is heavier than her.
Hero/Villain Alias: Corner
Hero/Villain Outfit: A blue garb with random pattern that she thinks as cool. She wears a mouth mask that covers up to her nose and stuff it with cotton, a cat smile is drawn on the mask.
Backstory: Her parents are hardcore fans of comic book heroes. When they heard about the project they get very excited and persuade their daughter to join.
Personality: Confidence and stubborn. She can be full of herself sometimes. She likes to talk with other people because she easily get lonely.
Other: she doesn't like her name.

Last edited:
Name: Joakim Zellers
Description: Joakim is a muscular tanned man around 6 feet tall with blue eyes and black hair that reaches his shoulder. He tends to wear a sleeveless vest with metal plates on it and gray jeans.
Power(s): Metal manipulation.
Backlash: His power takes a toll on his sanity, the more he uses it the more disillusioned he becomes. He can see things that aren't there, hear voices in his head or even go completely insane if used excessively and has to be locked up in a room alone to calm down. He takes pills to counteract the effects somewhat, but they can't completely prevent it from happening.
Role- Hero/Villain: Villain
Hero/Villain Alias: Tank Warrior
Hero/Villain Outfit: Joakim wears a bulky metal suit with a flamethrower on the shoulder with only his eyes visible, almost mechlike in appearance. The chest has an emblem of a red shield with a wrench and cog on it. The helmet amplifies his voice to sound deeper, the suit itself has been heatproofed. The suit somewhat enhances the strength of Joakim but not enough to rival super strength. There are multiple gears stuck to the body as decoration, but can be used as ammunition if needed to. There is a large gas tank on the back of his suit for his flamethrower.
*Backstory: Joakim was born in a rarely nice family, if they weren't busy mocking him that is. His entire family were empowered with cool fire manipulation or flight, yet he was born with the ability to bend spoons. His cousins beat him up for it and he was treated as if he was a street dog. One day Joakim snapped, and welded a small version of his suit to take his revenge. At the age of 10, his hands were stained with the blood of his family and began a life of crime. He still has the original suit as a reminder of his reason for being a villain, to show the world the true power of the Tank Warrior.
*Personality: Joakim was a kind and cheerful soul before that fateful day, since that day he changed. He still laughs but that is when he saw fear in the eyes of his victims. He lives for that, the fear that people feel when everything they know and love gets torn up and burned down. In private he sometimes giggles maniacally or yells at voices only he can hear. He is a walking emotional bomb, needing only the slightest push to explode. On the battlefield he likes people who stand up against him, as it makes crushing them that more satisfying.
Other: Joakim can't swim, at all and has a fear of lightning.

Cool :) I'll make the rp thread when we have some more people. In the meantime, I'm considering what kind of world this will be. Will it be entirely fictional? Or will it be like Batman: fake city, real country? Or like Spiderman: real city in a real country?

Take your time, Kyuu :) as for villains, I have a few in mind. Didn't make sheets cause they're more NPC's than characters, though.
I
Name: Laspia Melatina Viola ('Mel' or 'Melty')
Appearance: Due to her power, Mel's appearance is as varied and numerous as the number of stars in the sky, but her preferred forms are her human and slime forms. Her slime form consists of an opaque, light purple blob- the only true way to describe her appearance- with no discernable features besides being excessively round and icky looking. While she sometimes manifests more humanoid features, such as slimy appendages to interact with her surrounds, or facial expressions, she, for the most part, is an oblong ball of slime- plain and slime-ple.

In her human form, however, Mel is a medium-sized girl sitting 5"4', with just over 54 L of slime in her body. With her density being around the same as water's, if slightly denser, she weighs in at around 120 lbs. Her 'skin' maintains the same light purple as in her slime form, but her hair takes on a much darker hue, a deep violet. The aforementioned hair is styled in a pony-tail, or about as close as slime can get to looking like a pony-tail, though her slimy locks end in the shape of what looks like an enlarged water-droplet. Her body is usually non-descriptive, with as much detail to it as a nude mannequin, and she prefers to keep it that way -as being liquid- most cloths sink into her rather than sitting still on her skin. She does, however, practice morphing her outer layer of slime into what appears to be clothes, to make herself seem less nude.
Personality: Proud, quirky and perhaps missing a few screws, Mel considers herself to be above mere 'humans'. As one of the few born with genetic superpowers, she believes herself, and people like her, to have a higher purpose in life. Mel likes referring to herself with the royal 'we', and carries herself with what she believes to be noblesse.
Power: Slimification; This ability essentially grants the user the body of a slime and the ability to manipulate well- slime. From shooting slimeballs, and firing slime-streams to changing the viscosity, stickiness, and consistency of slime, to taking on other forms with their slimy body, the user's abilities are incredibly versatile to put in nicely or outright slimy and disgusting to those faint of heart. The user needs to remain moist to live and can absorb water to bolster the amount of liquid in them, but water is, in fact, one of their weaknesses as in large amounts it risks dissolving them completely leading to death.
Other: Bugumba...is that like an Oompa loompa?
=================================

Will be filling this in while I try to discuss plot xD

I'll probably be using Melty here, though I'll edit her bios to fit the available format.

Rather than a mental flaw she'll have a physical flaw which is her body needs to stay at a very specific ranges of hydration. Too much hydration will kill her (e.g. Getting her body washed away in flowing water) and too little will kill her via dehydration.

Is Melty a hero or a villain? I’ll probably be making my own villain in a minute, just wanna be sure.
She's a villain, I just didn't have time to reformat the Bio into the one for this RP. Here's the corrected one.

Name: Laspia Melatina Viola ('Mel' or 'Melty')
Appearance: Due to her power, Mel's appearance is as varied and numerous as the number of stars in the sky, but her preferred forms are her human and slime forms. Her slime form consists of an opaque, light purple blob- the only true way to describe her appearance- with no discernable features besides being excessively round and icky looking. While she sometimes manifests more humanoid features, such as slimy appendages to interact with her surrounds, or facial expressions, she, for the most part, is an oblong ball of slime- plain and slime-ple.

In her human form, however, Mel is a medium-sized girl sitting 5"4', with just over 54 L of slime in her body. With her density being around the same as water's, if slightly denser, she weighs in at around 120 lbs. Her 'skin' maintains the same light purple as in her slime form, but her hair takes on a much darker hue, a deep violet. The aforementioned hair is styled in a pony-tail, or about as close as slime can get to looking like a pony-tail, though her slimy locks end in the shape of what looks like an enlarged water-droplet. Her body is usually non-descriptive, with as much detail to it as a nude mannequin, and she prefers to keep it that way -as being liquid- most cloths sink into her rather than sitting still on her skin. She does, however, practice morphing her outer layer of slime into what appears to be clothes, to make herself seem less nude.
Personality: Proud, quirky and perhaps missing a few screws, Mel considers herself to be above mere 'humans'. As one of the few born with genetic superpowers, she believes herself, and people like her, to have a higher purpose in life. Mel likes referring to herself with the royal 'we', and carries herself with what she believes to be noblesse.
Power: Slimification; This ability essentially grants the user the body of a slime and the ability to manipulate well- slime. From shooting slimeballs, and firing slime-streams to changing the viscosity, stickiness, and consistency of slime, to taking on other forms with their slimy body, the user's abilities are incredibly versatile to put in nicely or outright slimy and disgusting to those faint of heart. The user needs to remain moist to live and can absorb water to bolster the amount of liquid in them, but water is, in fact, one of their weaknesses as in large amounts it risks dissolving them completely, leading to death.
Backlash: Slimes maintain their liquid state, and as a result, Melty needs to stay hydrated 24/7, but things aren't that simple. She can only withstand a certain level of Hydration or she risks the dissolution of her body followed by eventual and inevitable death. This means that flowing bodies of water are nothing short of deathtraps to the Slime princess. On the opposite end of the spectrum, too little hydration will cause her slime to dry out and evaporate also leading to a slow and painful death. The slime princess weakens when in direct contact with sources of heat and prolonged exposure to sunlight or any other such heat source.
Role- Hero/Villain: Villian
Hero/Villain Alias: Schleim Kaiserin
Hero/Villain Outfit: -N/A-
Backstory: There was nothing particularly tragic about Melty's childhood, she was never bullied -to any effect-, her family -though deceased- had never mistreated her while alive, and she'd never really had a streak of evil in her. wWat she did have was that tiny spark common to all great conquerors! The ember of ambition would swiftly grow into a roaring a flame within her, spurring her into motion. Despite have a good life, she didn't want good she wanted better, the best! Charmed by fairy tales of great Queens and Empress' of old she took to heart and set her aim high, nothing short of that sort of lavish and luxury would satisfy her. Expectedly, the justice system didn't exactly have a protocol for being Sovereign ruler of state, so she took matters into her own hand. Conquest had always been a matter of military might anyway.

Name: Valeria Stari
Description: Valeria has brown hair that flows straight down her neck. She has brown eyes and light skin. She wears a blueish jacket and black shirt under it, as well as blue pants. She has black shoes.
Power(s): Mental manipulation and shape-shifting.
Backlash: Valeria’s backlash makes her physically weaker when manipulating someone, so if they regain control, she is frequently unable to fight them.
Role- Hero/Villain: Villain
Hero/Villain Alias: Manipulis
Hero/Villain Outfit: Her outfit consists of a black suit that can shift forms with her. It also has a mask that covers her face, but she rarely uses the mask.
*Backstory: Valeria was left an orphan when both of her parents died in a car crash. She knew Kaleb in the orphanage, and saw that he, too, had powers. She found comfort in the fact that he was like her. She attempted to escape with him, but he left her behind when she was caught. She took her anger out on the world and is after him.
*Personality: Valeria’s true personality is somewhat hidden behind her many manipulative personas. She can be flirty just as well as she can be shy.
Other: Kaleb and Valeria will probably be rivals for most of the RP due to their rough history.

Plot twist! Both of my characters actually knew each other.

When exactly will the RP be up?

Wow, Mel is gonna wanna stay away from Kaleb. Fire is not good for her according to that bio.

And jeez... I voted Detroit, but I didn’t expect it to be winning the poll. I just chose it as one of my three because I know it second-best out of all of the options.

Well, third-best, but Las Vegas + Valeria = PG-13, so I refrained from voting it.

Well now we have plenty of characters so I'll make the roleplay as soon as I can and I'll edit the link into my original post. I'll notify everyone and I'll continue to leave this open for new folks and if you guys want more characters :)

I'll also be making my own villain character later tonight. Technically Maya's sister, Corrina, is a hero, as well. She's more of an NPC but since she's a plot catalyst, I'll still count her into the balance :p so with Corrina that makes 4 heroes, I believe, and my villain will make 4 as well ^.^

Um no....technically. He's really only got 'two' powers.
1. Supernatural physical abilities. I.e. his physical abilities are enhanced due to his supernatural state.
These are categorized as one power.

2. Bandage Manipulation. Bandages produced from his body that he can control. The only reason he has such high durability is the bandages. When his bones are encased his internal organs are protected by the wraps. When he unravels them, that durability drops.

These are two powers, they just have large subsections.
I wouldn't suggest being as technical as you are, because it could be thrown back in anyone's face with ease.

Example: You have a venomous bite and super strength, but how did you get the fangs? It doesn't state anywhere that you have a mutation or the venomous bite is linked to a fanged creature or such, so fang protrusion counts as a third power.

Example: Kyuukestus character is made of slime. Thats one power. But with this power, she could potentially stretch, morph, shock absorb, and alter her body in many ways. Would you make her classify every offshoot ability as its own individual power?

Example: Characters with fire manipulation could propel themselves with fire, but you wouldn't force them to classify this as flight and there second and only power.

See what I mean? He has enhanced speed, strength, and durability. But that stems from one power, supernatural form.
And he also has bandage manipulation.

I could technically classify all of this as one power, Mummy Physiology, but that would be taking advantage of the system to much.

If this remains an issue I'll just remove my character sheet. I like creating unique mutations/abilities that allow me to branch out and expand on common powers in my own way (more so than just getting stronger). And this is the way essentially all superpower franchise's work, so I think my arguments fairly valid.
Literally only one ability per power is a bit to limited for me.

Last edited:
Yeah i agree with @Mystic Zander. One of my MHA OC's that could manipulate metal were able to float, heal deep wounds (basically by making a needle of metal and stitch it up), kill by just pulling out the iron out of someone's blood and so on. I did tone his powers down quite a bit so he's not as powerful as Magneto that can literally destroy the world if he gets enough time.

No i'm not gonna use him in this rp. He doesn't really have a backlash that balance his power out and i saw that a backlash is clearly needed. But i'll try to come up with some character soon. This seems REALLY interesting and i would certainly like to join

I forgot this in my last post but @kyuukestu and @StormingCobra55 you're both accepted :)

@Mystic Zander just so I'm understanding correctly, your character has super speed, super strength, and can be increased in something almost indestructible? If that is the case, you will need to lose one of those powers as characters are only allowed two.
Hmm, think of it like this.

The character has bandage armor. He just uses it in two different ways. Externally as a Bandage armor that boosts physical ability, and Internally around his bones and organs to boost defense.

The catch is that he only has so many bandages so using more of one type of Bandage armor means the other is weakened.

So i've talked with @Joelkjn and he would like to join too. And we have a question, can we be an exception to that part of the powers developing around 300 years ago? We're planning to be villains with immortality (people can kill us. We just can't die from aging) and plan to have a little god-complex. Atleast one of our characters will. And if we have our powers before everyone else, that would strengthen our god-complex a little

@Mystic Zander I'm sorry if I came off as being overly technical or picky; that wasn't my intention. It was almost three on the morning when I read your post; I should have been asleep hours before but insomnia makes that a bit tricky.

Of course every little physical mutation doesn't count as a power. I just always saw super strength and speed as very different powers which was why I asked. For example, the only characters on tv I ever knew who had both were Superman and the Powerpuff Girls- the very characters that made me make the two power rule. Awesome for tv, overpowered for roleplays. You provided a reasonable explanation so I'll allow it.

@Killerbunny First, your profile picture is adorable. Second, thank for your interest! As far as having people with powers dating back further than 300 years, I'll allow it as long as you guys follow one of two conditions. The first is that you guys moved around all the time or stayed off the grid as people would have noticed the lack of aging otherwise and your characters would have made the history books. I'll PM you about the other one as, if you go with it, it'll be plot sensitive.

Oof. I just have a question. When is it set and it was more like i was of the grid and during the last like 10-20 years @Killerbunny has made himself known as a businessman while i stay in the shadows
Set in time then. What year is it he means. Is it modern days or a little more futuristic?

I've made myself known as a businessman for about 10 years then so i can trick people into believing i'm mortal. I don't want the government to experiment on me to see if i can't die with bullets and so on

Well, it's a fantasy world in that the only people in charge are entirely fictional. Theoretically, that could make it happen in 2019. Or it could be set 20-40 years from now. I was actually going to ask y'all about this actually and forgot ^.^"