• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Cafe of Love (Rp second try)

Matthew laughed a bit, with a bit of relief visible on his face at the fact the joke actually landed.

“I’m glad you liked it. Took me an oolong time to really hunker down and think them through.”

Matthew smiled, notably relaxing quite a bit as he spoke — Queenprotea exhaling a silent sigh of relief in the meantime.

“It’s a bit of a habit of mine, you see. Sometimes, children come to play with the Petilil, so I try to pepper in some puns to make things more fun. Though, sometimes they roll their eyes when I offer them a peony for their thoughts.”

...Queenprotea ‘elbowed’ his shoulder, causing Matthew to grow a goofy grin on his face, though he tried to keep it down.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane looked confused since she didn't quiet understand the puns he made or if he even made some. But by the certain emphasis he made in certain words made her think he did try it. But she refused to let the conversation get awkward by her lack of understanding and went along with the conversation.

"Well it's nice you treat your customers in such a friendly way. Mine are usually business men or celebrities who are too stuck up for casual conversations." She realized that was sort of an awkward conversation and began to panic. "So do you have like a favorite famous person?" That was her best attempt to try and fix things.

...Well, judging by her expression, it looked like he'd have to lay off for the time.

'There you go, Matthew. You overdid it again, didn't you?'

...He wouldn't let on to the internal chiding -- he'd keep chugging along, moving in stride.

"...Favourite celebrity..?"

Matthew gave it some thought -- though noting she steered away from the former topic, he'd not dig into it. Certainly, there lay more than a few options that would catch his attention -- but, as he thought it over...

"...Well, it'd have to be... Diantha is a definite second, as I really respect her works and such, but... It'd be Brycen, actually!"

At this, Matthew laughed a bit -- Brycen was really something of a star in Unova, starring in movies and overall just being super friggin' cool. Having come from Unova himself, he had a lot of pride in the movie star who came from the same place!

"The movies he stars in are always super cheesy, but they're the fun kind of cheesy."

...He then realized he'd gone on for a bit too long -- one could note himself almost flinching from the mere fact he went on too long, though he seemed to cover it up not even a moment later.

"--My apologies, that's the nostalgia speaking... Are there any that you look up to?"

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane smiled softly. "No need to apologize. It's nice to know the reason why." She was relieved her question had worked, even though she had randomly said it. "I'm a big fan of Volkner, the gym leader. He is just so-" she realized she had chosen Volker because she thought he was cute, but that probably wasn't something that should be said on a date. Her mind quickly threw a random word that came out of her mouth. "- Shocking." She smiled nervously.

The Braxien slammed her paw against her forehead. She knew well what Akane had thought and noticed she was starting to ruin something as simple as small talk.

...It seemed Matthew did catch on to what she was trying to say -- noted by the goofy grin making a bit of a comeback. He knew full well that Volkner was definitely a pretty good-looking guy -- without a doubt, Matthew reckoned, moreso than himself.

...He was straight, but he wasn't blind. The guy was cute as hell.

"You're not wrong. Volkner is quite 'shocking,' and I really think he rocks that look quite well. His skills are nothing to shake a stick at, either."

The grin turned into a soft smile - he wasn't one to make a conversation awkward, and he didn't want Akane to feel uncomfortable discussing such things. After all, he did go on one heck of a nostalgia trip right in front of her, so she would've had every right to feel uncomfortable in his opinion.

'...Or am I over-reaching? Is this an actual concern?! Am I supposed to say things like this?!'

"Although I admit I've only ever seen him in pictures that my friend sends me."

...Queenprotea closed her eyes slightly, barely holding back a sigh. She could at least tell he was overthinking things -- and he was bound to slip up at that rate.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane was surprised by how well he had continued with the conversation. She felt relieved that she didn't make things awkward. Although it was a bit odd he commented on Volkner's looks, she figured he was just honest and that was nice. She felt a bit more comfortable then, as if she was talking to a friend.

"Right?" She began, leaning a bit forward as someone does once they are interested in something. "I met him once, I did a promotional poster for his GYM, trainers weren't challenging him since they couldn't beat him. After my poster a few showed and he sent free tickets to see his battles. I went once and after the battle he gave me his autograph and a picture. It was awesome." She looked embarrassed after being carried away with her story. "Have you met anyone famous?" She figured she shouldn't hog all the attention.

"No way -- you really did?!"

It seemed, again, that her enthusiasm proved infectious -- contrary to her embarrassment after the fact, Matthew listened intently, taking it in word by word, before responding.

"That's amazing! I'm impressed you were able to actually increase turnout, as well. I imagine being able to work with him was wonderful."

...Again, he almost seemed surprised when asked about himself -- his eyebrow raising for a moment before it returned to normal. He glanced away for a moment, laughing awkwardly before continuing.

"Well, as for me, I did meet Professor Juniper a few times."

He grinned a bit, returning his gaze to where it was.

"I guess it's not a massive achievement, since she is really active within Unova nowadays. But she needed to borrow one of my Petilil for something a few times, so I was able to talk with her a bit then. She's quite pleasant, really."

'I shouldn't be talking about this sort of thing on a date! What am I thinking?!'

Missing the double standard he placed on himself, Queenprotea simply looked to the Braixen in disbelief. It seemed the two partner Pokemon were the most social people in the room.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane was glad he had continued the conversation, which meant she wasn't making him uncomfortable, or so she thought. She decided she should let him take the lead. She really couldn't think of a subject she couldn't talk about, so maybe it was better that way.

"Wow that's really neat. I never became a trainer so I never met a professor and they aren't the type of people who require promotional work." She smiled as she leaned back against her chair.

Braxien sighed and crossed her arms. Nodding her head gently. Like a coach who is watching their player not doing a good job.

"I was quite lucky, myself. My pops was a trainer, but I'm no good at battling. I'd have thought I'd see a Tepig fly before then, really."

Matthew laughed a little, scratching the side of his cheek lightly as he spoke -- leaning forward slightly as he spoke, though exercising caution not to overstep.

"Supposedly, it was all to study their biology. To be honest, most of what she talked about there went fresh over my head, but there's really nothing like hearing people talk about things they enjoy. Even if I don't fully understand what they talk about, it's easier to get a grasp on the basics when someone's really excited."

'Now you're getting cheesy?! Come on, Matthew, you sound like that super lame rom-com your pops used to watch!'

"...I'm so sorry, that sounded super lame. Maybe the cheesiness of those Brycen flicks have rubbed off on me?"

Matthew ended up laughing a bit, mostly at his own silly rant -- as Queenprotea simply watched, her eyes giving the impression of a mother helplessly watching her child take a seat in a laundry bin and slide down the stairs.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane laughed a bit at the last comment made by Matthew. "It's not cheesy, it's sweet. I think it's nice to take interest into something some is passionate about." She honestly felt what she said but she didn't know what else to add to the conversation.

Meanwhile her Braxien began to look impatient. She wanted her tea and puffins and she got cranky when she was made to wait.

"I suppose so. Plus, it's always nice to learn new things, I'd say."

Matthew nodded, though interrupted again by the sudden -- and comically convenient -- appearance of their waitress, Hasumi.

"--Sorry for the wait, just had a little bit of a hiccup!"

...There was a puffin in her hair, which seemed to corroborate this. Regardless, she quickly handed out the tea, puffins, and pie -- much to the delight of Daisy and Queenprotea, and much to the relief of Matthew, who wasn't entirely sure what else to bring up.

'I could ask about Braixen,' he reckoned, 'but wouldn't that be intruding on personal history? What if it's something super close to her that I shouldn't know about?'

...He momentarily thought about bringing up Queenprotea -- 'No, no! Matthew, you don't talk about yourself and your history unless it's asked on a date! I don't want to come off as selfish and ruin this for her.'

"Thank you."

He ended up thanking the waitress instead, who nodded and booked it immediately afterwards, presumably to grab another order.

"...If I may ask, how did you and Braixen meet? --Of course, you needn't answer this, but I don't see Braixen that often."

...He decided to ask, but he tried to make absolute certain that she didn't have to answer it if she didn't want to.

...While eating a puffin, Queenprotea did somewhat question his caution -- but she supposed it might've been a good precaution this time.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Daisy listened to Clint and gave a small nod of thanks before making her way over to a table and sitting down. She casually looked out the window seeing Biscuit sat outside asleep as usual and chuckled to herself before turning her attention to the interior of the cafe.

Kiera looked around the room and then shrugged before stepping over to Clint's table and sat down opposite him "hello Boss, so what do you want to start with" she asked with a smile and her usual sparkle in her eye. Ginger was at her ankle before clambering onto her shoulder to make sure she could properly see who Kiera was sitting with. Kiera absent-mindedly stroked Ginger as she waited on Clint to start as she wasn't sure how to herself.
@Clite of Dragonbow

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Braxien's ears perked up as she took a puffin and began to nibble it. She enjoyed the sugar sweet and ate it patiently. Akane seemed the same, she smiled at the waitress and waited until she left. She used her fork to take a small piece of her pie and placed it in her mouth. Once she was done she was ready to reply.

"Oh I met Braxien a long time ago." She petted her Pokemon softly, who was busy enjoying her puffin. "My father gave the egg when I finished my elementary school. Then came out a cute little Fennekin and she evolved during high school, we did lots of sports back then. I guess that's how she got the experience to evolve." She then looked at Queenprotea. "What about your adorable Queenprotea?"

Queenprotea decided to give herself a nice little distraction in the form of munching away at her puffin. The tea would come later for her. Daisy, however, was almost immediately drinking her green tea -- and as for Matthew, he'd take a sip of his tea while listening to Akane's tale.

"I suppose that'd make sense -- sports could do much the same as battles in terms of experience. But that's really cool! Being able to hatch and raise a Pokemon is truly an amazing experience."

Matthew smiled, with Queenprotea again glancing away at the praise -- almost as if flattered yet again.

"Well, in truth, my father gave her to me when I was young. She was the ace up his sleeve in combat, and she'd been like that since he was a kid. She and I became fast friends, and she was probably my best friend through most of my life."

He dared not outright say that Queenprotea was older than he was, since Protea herself was fully convinced she was as young as the day she evolved. While she'd curiously retained her young physical appearance, she was definitely older than him.

"I'm lucky she wanted to enter this non-battling lifestyle, really. I probably don't have the heart to be a trainer anyways."

...Perhaps, sometimes, he worried that she missed those days dearly, but it's not as if he could change that.

"--Ah, my apologies, I was definitely rambling there!"

...It was almost instinctual for him to apologize, even if it wasn't necessary.

D

Deleted member 284192

Jun plopped herself down at the nearest table, with her Gulpin on her lap. She hoped she wouldn't have to wait too long for a date, because alongside her Pokemon, Jun was famished and needed to fill up on something quick. She fiddled with her hair, twirling it around her fingers, a habit the girl kept up with since she was a kid. Soon Jun picked up on her Gulpin's uneasiness as it's hunger increased by the second. If not fed soon, Mr. Gubman wouldn't be so pleasant to be around.

Leonardo took a deep breath and immediately decided to go down and sit at an empty table, his Chesnaught--like always--followed close behind and stood beside his trainer like a body guard, he put his hand on his trainer's shoulder to comfort him once more. Leonardo knew that this speed dating thing would likely give him a new friend or two to say the least, but this event was all about love and love was the one thing he still had yet to obtain in his life... unless people count the love from his family and Pokemon, but Leonardo thought this would be his best chance to get a girlfriend. As he patiently waited for anyone to sit at the table with him, Chesnaught cautiously eyed the Swalot.

"Eugene, go up to her." Gustav whispered.

Eugene wandered with his Swampert from the dating girls side of the room over to where Jun and a Gulpin with a red tie acting more like a cape.

"Hi, I'm Eugene, may I take this seat?" Eugene was nervous, and this girl was causing it, but from what he could tell, this was a good kind of nervous.

@Ridleymon

---------------

Gustav was holding back utter laughter at seeing his best friend trying to speed date a girl. His Raichu had been holding him back.

----------

Lana had needed an event like this, it's been four years since Johann was killed in a battle accident versus Team Darkarrows. She needed to get a new boyfriend, and fast, her sister was married for crying out loud. A young man with a Chesnaught got her attention, he looked worried about a Swalot, maybe she could fix that.

"Garchomp, wave to the man with the Chesnaught, that may get his attention." Lana told her Pokemon.

The Garchomp did as told and waved towards the Chesnaught and his trainer in a friendly manner, as friendly as a Land Shark could be.

@Red Gallade

Leonardo tapped his fingers on the table while Chesnaught caught sight of the Garchomp who waved in his direction, he decided to wave back and lightly poked his trainer's shoulder for attention. "What is it, Chesnaught?" Leonardo asked his Pokemon who lightly gestured over to the girl and her Garchomp, Leonardo smiled lightly and looked around briefly, he got up from his chair and began to make his way over to the girl with the Garchomp. "Hey there." Leonardo said with his friendliest smile. "That's a pretty awesome Garchomp you have there, mind if I join you at this table?" He asked.

Clint was humming on his table, before Kiera came to his table "Well, we can begin with greeting each other. Its nice to see you Kiera, oh and Ginger too. You don't need to be formal with me here, this is supposed to be a speed date, after all" he said with a soft voice and gentle smile. He looked at her as he usually just saw her in the work uniform. "Seems that you prepared yourself for today and I have to say that you look beautiful. Sorry, I didn't manage to change my clothes and didn't prepare as well as you" He patted Ginger's head and continued "I just thought that.. I don't really know you, do I? Its just we didn't get many occasion to just talk and meet each other better. I wondered about it for a while, do you have more siblings or is it just Daisy?"
@Shadow_Pup

Cleo just looked by his table at everyone and sighed. Seemed that all girls that would want to be with a guy are in their dates now... Well, he will just need to wait till the time ends and there will be a swap. He played with a Snom throwing a small ball around the table and waited.

Isabelle was approaching the Couriway Cafe. She was supposed already be there, but she had woken up later than usual. Probably because she didn't work the day before and stayed up late. She remembered that she wasn't wearing her work uniform because there was a speed dating event. Instead she was wearing a black shirt, a green skirt and a necklace for the occasion. Her Bellosom was walking ahead of her and opened the door to the Cafe. Isabelle entered and looked around for a second, before taking a seat on the table where Cleo and a Snom where playing. "Hey, you don't mind if I sit here do you? Just until the event starts."

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane enjoyed the story very much, to the point she flinched a little when he mentioned he was rumbling. She smiled and began mixing a sugar cube into her tea. She didn't want to get cold and she still needed to do Braxien's before she put too much sugar on it.

"You don't have to worry about talking to much. Besides dates are for getting to know each other." Akane began to feel more comfortable with the conversation, which made her mind feel like she was talking to a friend. Therefore she asked that one question she always asked her friends. "So do you have a girlfriend?"

Braxien watched wide eye as she heard Akane's words. She couldn't believe her trainer had made such a dating question and one that shouldn't be asked on a date at all. This was followed by Akane's cheeks flushing with red as she realized what she had just said.

Snom was so happy fir each time when he cought a ball and Cleo keep smiling to his little pokemon, then someone arrived to his table.. A girl, quite pretty to be precise...

She sat down on his table, accompanied by Bellosom. "Oh.. Ummm..." He mumbled then Snom freezed his hand a bit to.. Cool him down.
"I don't mind, but if you talk about speed dating then it just begun and I also take a part in it" Cleo said and smiled to her.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Kiera smiled sweetly at Clint "why thank you and yes is it just me and Daisy, no other siblings at all" she said. This was nice, though she hated to admit it with both work and helping Daisy out with their mother Kiera didn't get to date much so this was a nice change of pace. She looked at Clint "So Bos..I mean Clint, anything else you would like to know about yours truly" she said with a coy smile as Ginger hopped down onto her lap and went to sleep.
@Clite of Dragonbow

“...I-I see. Even so, I r—“

He was promptly elbowed in the gut by Queenprotea, presumably to stop him from apologizing for his rambling again. Thankfully, she kept it light this time, and he was (mostly) able to hide the fact that Queenprotea was great at making gut shots hurt.

...The next question, however, made his hands freeze on his tea for a moment — however, slip ups like that did technically signal a good thing! After all, she was comfortable enough to slip that, right..?

“—Don’t worry about it. I’ve never had one in my life, actually. Apart from my tea shop, I don’t get out all that much.”

Matthew laughed a bit, maintaining a soft smile as he spoke — again, her own comfort came first here, and he didn’t want her to feel embarrassed for accidentally letting a question slip out of her mouth.

...Queenprotea, meanwhile, waited to see if Matthew’s saving throw would work.

It took a moment for Isabelle to register what Cleo had said. "Oh... Wait, WHAT?! It's already started? Well, um, it's not like I wanted to do this or anything. I work here, so I thought I should come along..." Bliss stared at Isabelle, then at Cleo. She proceeded to give Isabelle a thumbs up. Isabelle noticed this and blushed a little. "Just so you know, I'm not interested in dating. So don't try to charm me or anything. And judging by the way you look, I wouldn't be interested in you anyways." She saw the Snom near Cleo's hand. "Is that Snom yours? It's kinda cute, actually."

"There is a lots of things that I would want to know about you, Kiera" he said with a soft voice "What you like and dislike? You and Ginger are so close, how did you met? Am I not too harsh as a boss? I have those and so many more questions that I am afraid that not all of them will be answered~" he said, keeping his little soft smile while looking at her. Then he turned his head, as if he tried to hide his face for a while and said quietly "But you know... I wouldn't mind if you asked me question about me too~..." as he said that he turned back to her and his smile seemed to get a bit bigger.
@Shadow_Pup
--
"Oh, okay, I won't!" Cleo replied quickly "Well.. Its not that I could really charm anyone..." he said quietly and looked at his Snom, who was actually biting the captured ball and tried to show that ball who the real boss is! When Isabelle asked about his Snom expression on his face quickly change to a small grin and his eyes dazzled a bit." Yes, he is! I found him once as I went for a short trip to Galar. He was poisoned by some pokemon attack, so I needed to quickly take him to the pokemon center. I arrived in a last moment and they could save him! Although he can be moody at times, eats 20 times as much as he is big and likes to bite me from time to time. I am really glad that I met him and he never left my side!" said Cleo with a happy voice, he took to his hands his little pokemon and at the same time stopped the ferocious battle of Snom with a ball! Thanks to that intervention, Snom started to be curious whats happening in a world around him again and noticed that he and his trainer have two quest that visited their table. He looked at them for a while, trying to guess if they are good or bad, then he made a "Nommmm~" as a greetings for them. Cleo almost chuckled and then looked at Isabelle and Bliss.
"Oh, your Bellosom also seems to be a really cool pokemon!"
@Clunpsy

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Kiera smiled and answered his questions as best she could "well I like and I don't like, I got Ginger when I was very young and I could never decide what to evolve her to so I just kept her as an eevee and no your not a harsh boss" she said chuckling at the end. When Clint mentioned that she could ask him question she realised it had completely slipped her mind that this was supposed to be a two way thing, she blushed furiously and stuttered slightly "oh God...I completely forgot...i haven't done the whole 'date' thing in a while and I'm a little rusty. Anyway what about you, anything particularly interesting? Any siblings? Hobbies?" she said trying desperately to think of things to ask
@Clite of Dragonbow

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane was drinking from her tea when Matthew replied. She was shocked by the answer and chocked a bit. She cough and gently tapped her chest. She blushed, feeling silly for having chocked on something simple like tea. Her Braxien sunk a little in her chair.

"Sorry." Akane said clearing her throat. "I was not expecting to know that. I mean, I asked but I thought you had history. Not that there's anything wrong with not having history." She began to look nervous and avoided eye contact as she poked her pie with her fork. "I mean, it's just you are a really nice guy and good looking, I don't know how you cannot have a history. Well you look like a nice guy, but you never know maybe you're crazy or something. Nevermind. I have no idea what I'm saying." She took a deep breath and laughed. "Sorry, I got nervous."

Matthew only smiled, laughing a bit as he glanced to the side. A flush on his face only grew more noticeable, as she seemed surprised he had no history — though he was desperately trying to keep that flush down as to not embarrass himself, it was certainly there.

“—I’m really none of that, I assure you.”

Settling his tea, he only barely managed to restrain himself from looking away.

“Besides, my fashion sense is positively awful. Seriously, who wears a parka on a sunny day?”

—He immediately tried to deprecate himself with a joke to steer the attention away from his flustered expression, laughing it off to clear it from his face.

“Don’t worry about it none. I can concede that I’m certainly a little nervous myself — though most likely since I’ve never done anything like this before.”

...Well, he’d try to draw a connection there, at least. He didn’t want to dwell on himself too much, but he could at least spare this much.

‘...Then again, was I too overt in that joke? Does she even like that kind of humor?!’

...Again, he began overthinking things, but he tried not to show it.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane finished laughing as Matthew began talking. She took a deep breath, ate a bit of her pie and straighten herself. She smiled and gave Matthew a sympathetic smile.

"Well if you want to learn something from today, if an artist gives you a compliment, it is probably true. Our eyes are trained for that." She drank from her tea. "Besides fashion is personal, it's impossible for everyone to agree on one thing. I think your outfit is great." She smiled and then looked at Queenprotea. "You agree with me, right?"

...Now that she said that, there was legitimately no way to refuse her compliment without insulting her. Caught in a pickle, he had to quickly shut down his reflexes — that were screaming at him to say some variant of ‘lmao no i’m suck.’

...That, and dissing yourself too much on a date just didn’t spell anything good.

“...Thank... you.”

...He took a moment to bring himself back together, but she immediately complimented his fashion sense, which sent him right back to square one.

“T-The parka really isn’t all that an—“

...Queenprotea, however, backed up the young lass, by nodding in agreement.

...Matthew then conceded, a small smile forming on his face as he again tried to get that damn flush out of his face. ‘Looking all flustered like this... If this goes on too long, it’ll get super awkward.’

“...I’ll take your word for it, then. You do seem to have a real good eye, after all.”

‘I can’t focus on myself here — what am I doing?!’

He laughed a little bit, only now finally clearing his flush.

“You’re quite kind, yourself, I’d say. I mean, it takes a special kind of person to raise a Pokémon all the way from an egg to their second evolution — it’s quite commendable.”

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane smiled, thankful for the compliment. "Well I wasn't alone. I had my family help me out. I also have a Talonflame and a Voltorb. I'm a big fan of the color red." She stopped for a second, as if thinking, and then continued. "What's your favorite color?"

She figured she would go back to something simple. She was beginning to run out of things to say and her mind was running short on ideas. Braxien however seemed more relaxed and was enjoying her tea.

“Ah, is that so? I suppose I couldn’t blame you.”

Matthew laughed a small bit, taking her question in stride. Somehow, it seemed he’d loosened up a bit, though he could admit he still felt nervous.

“I’ve always loved green — if you can bayleef it — but more than that... The colour of a Lilligant’s flower. I don’t know how exactly to describe it, but once it’s bloomed, the flower’s colours are... Well, maybe it’s just me, but that’s my personal favourite colour.”

Queenprotea glanced aside, again seeming to be flattered by the praise of her trainer. Though she already knew she looked great — after all, she aged rather well!

...Daisy appeared to have finished her tea, focusing on a puffin at this point. Matthew laughed a tad, realizing that he again found what he was saying a bit cheesy.

“I suppose it’s rather silly, but that’s always been my absolute favourite. Ever since I saw it.”

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane giggled at the Bayleef pun. She sighed and felt her shoulders relax. She looked at Matthew and smiled. She opened her mouth to say something when Braxien tugged at her sleeve. Akane looked over at her partner, who pointed at her own wrist. Akane nodded and gave Matthew a sad look.

"Looks like time is almost up. I have to admit this was fun." She said looking down at her pie and splitting the last piece into two.

D

Deleted member 284192

Eugene approached Jun's table and asked he could sit down. "Please do," she responded with a smirk. Jun looked down at her gulpin and said "Don't know how much longer we would have lasted without getting some food." She locked her eyes back onto Eugene. "I'm Jun" she said as she picked up her Gulpin and nearly shoved it into his face. "And this guy is Mr. Gubman." Jun quickly realized she didn't even know the guy's name. "Umm, what should I call you?
@Cmeriwether

(OOC: Sorry for the long wait.)

Her alert to the time made Matthew instinctively check the time on an XTransceiver on his wrist — nodding as if to confirm what she said, he’d look back at her with a similarly sad smile.

“Yeah... Looks like it. I had a lot of fun here, too. Thank you, really.”

Matthew nodded his head in thanks, with Queenprotea giving a little bow of her own in thanks. Daisy, too busy munching on a puffin, didn’t even notice the situation until Queenprotea patted her on the head — at that point, she bowed in apology, then again in thanks, since Daisy didn’t really have the arms to do much else.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane sighed. She knew there were still more people to see, but she felt a little sad they had to stop when she had just gotten started. She finished her tea and pie and got herself the courage for the next question.

"If you want to maybe we can repeat the situation." She said shyly. Usually it was the other way around, but she had came to the event with one goal and she might as well try it.

...The question alone, comically, ended up making that everpresent flush on his face return in full force.

‘What do I do now?! I never thought I’d get this far!’

...No, no. He had to calm down, he reckoned. So he’d take a breath in, and nod, and try to remain calm.

...In truth, he didn’t exactly want things to cut off here, even if other people awaited. They were only beginning, he reckoned, so it’d be a shame to stop everything in its tracks.

So, he’d muster up his courage, and he’d respond.

“—W-Well, if you want to, I’d be glad to.”

...His smile turned to one that seemed quite relieved. ‘Thank god she seems to want the same thing.’

Queenprotea nodded in approval. Looks like things were already going well for her Trainer — he’d already secured a second date, after all. It’d just be a matter of if he could keep things rolling!

Last edited:

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane smiled and laughed a bit. "Okay, sounds great. I guess we just have to wait for the signal now." Akane picked up her purse from the floor and took out a notepad. "I guess we have to exchange contact information?" She said as she wrote her phone number on the paper and ripped the sheet out. "If you ever need a design for your tea shop let me know also, you have two very beautiful models." She offered the piece of paper to Matthew.

“—Ah, I suppose we should, before that alarm goes off.”

Matthew nodded, and after a moment, he’d pull a cute little scribbler from one of his pockets — writing down the number to his phone before offering it to her with a smile. He’d take her slip of paper with a nod.

Her comment on the cute models caused Queenprotea to place a ‘hand’ to her cheek, most certainly flattered by her praise! Daisy, a bit flustered, nodded shyly to thank Akane before stuffing herself into Matthew’s hood.

“—If you’re certain, I’ll be sure to let you know. Thank you.”

After pausing for a moment, he’d carefully fold the piece of paper with Akane’s number up, and slide it into a pocket with a zipper — closing it soon after.

“And if you need any specialty blends, I’ll be glad to help you if you want my aid.”

He’d give an offer of his own in return — after all, she did mention she’d had wanted to try more, hadn’t she?