• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Cafe of Love (Rp second try)

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
"That's all thank you." Akane replied with a smile, although her waitress seemed distracted so she decided not to bother anymore.

The red head placed her muffin neatly and perfectly in front of her coffee, she liked everything to be symmetrical. Before she began eating though, she took the PokePuffs and went outside. She held one of the sweets up and her Talonflame swooped down and took it with her beak. Akane giggled and waited for the bird Pokemon to finish eating before offering the next one.

Queenprotea, of course, panicked at the sudden fight that nearly broke out between the Swalot and the Lucario — notably hopping backwards, and placing a hand upon her flower.

While she didn’t figure a fight would break out, considering the Lucario was visibly holding back, she was full well and ready to use Sleep Powder to remove the risk entirely.

...That was, until her trainer came into the picture, and Angea with it — the Petilil and Matthew approaching swiftly at the sign of trouble.

“—Is everyone alright?”

...The look on Matthew’s face — an awkward smile that crept onto it — could tell anyone that he knew full well he arrived a bit too late. Even so...

“...Lilli.”

...He breathed a small sigh of relief. It seemed that the worst hadn’t come to pass, at least according to Queenprotea.

Hasumi, hearing the chaos, glanced out towards it — but quickly scrambled past the near-fight towards Ray, placing a platter of what he’d ordered on his table.

“My apologies for the delay! This should be evewything!

...She bit her tongue.

...She paused for a moment, again having stumbled over her words in the moment. A comical drain of colour from her face said it all.

Ray looked worryingly at Cherry, who seemed to have gotten involved with the conflict happening nearby. He was so worried, in fact that he didn't even notice Hasumi approaching, not noticing her mistake either. Seeing the situation calm down, he breathed a sigh of relief. He then noticed the food on the table and the lady beside him, thanking her. However, he found the awkward, almost defeated look on her face strange. "Are... you okay?" He asked Hasumi.

Cherry, upon smelling the scent of sweet poffins and hot cocoa, darted back to her seat. Having no interest in Hasumi, she began gobbling up the first poffin without a word.

D

Deleted member 284192

Jun wandered the streets of Couriway town, moving along with a hunched posture and groggy eyes. The girl looked like she was ready to fall to the ground and catch some sleep right then and there. She carried on her right shoulder a large brown leather bag, while her left arm was wrapped around a Gulpin. "I think I'll pass out if I don't get some sort of sugar in me soon" she said to her blobby companion. Jun pulled her head up and looked at the surrounding buildings. As she wiped the crust from her eyes, Jun spotted a cafe in the distance. The girl took off in a rush. She now stood in front of the building. "Couriway Cafe? I've never heard of this place." She looked down to her Gulpin whose stomach was growling up a storm. "Well it'll have to do," Jun said as she walked in.

The girl took a step into the bustling cafe which was in a much livelier state than herself. Jun seated herself at a random table and plopped down her Gulpin in the chair next to her. She proceeded to wait at the table, barely managing to keep her eyelids up.

(OOC: Sorry for such a late first post btw.)

Clint wrote down an order on his notebook, smiled and headed to prepare everything. He looked at all those people in his cafe and smiled. There was just... So many. He was glad, his father was against this cafe idea. He didn't want his son to open one. He had olans for him already, but thanks to his workers and friends help. He managed to open it after many troubles and could happily say that this everything was worth it. He couldn't wait for Valentines day, he also hoped to meet someone special, Although he had his doubts about himself that he can be attractive for anyone...

He left for every worker and their pokemons heartshaped cookies and Puffins to take after the work.
---
Timeskip
---
Morning started calmly, Clint begun to prepare cafe, opened it and waited for everyone. He earlier prepared tables for speed dating and was making for entire night special series of valentines puffins and sweets as well as hot chocolate cups with white shaped marks of hearts made from milk. Everything seemed to be prepared and in order... He had to change his mind fast.

In front of cafe was sleeping a young boy with slightly light green hair. Clint tried to gently wake him up... And failed. Boy got extremly scared in a second, so Clint gave him a cup of hot chocolate.

Boy's name was Cleo and Clint saw him as a friendly and warm person. It seemed that he also wanted to take a part in the speed dating event that was about to happend in a cafe and thats why he arrived earlier.. Or maybe its better to say that he never left far from the cafe. He also seemed even more scared and worried than Clint, so they had a small talk, during which Clint was calming him down and waited for the rest to arrive.

“Queenprotea — You’re not giving me much of a choice here, are you?”

“Lilli!”

Matthew wasn’t sold on the whole ‘speed dating’ thing, especially since he was always too nervous to really go through with dating at all. Queenprotea, however, would have none of this shy nonsense — back in her day, her Trainer was quite a playboy! And she’d have him follow suit, at least for today.

...Easier said than done, considering her current trainer.

Regardless, they arrived just outside a bit before it would open, with Matthew catching his breath with a sigh.

“...Man, how’s this gonna go..?”

...Meanwhile, Hasumi shot into the door a while before Matthew had, quickly fixing up her hair and trying to practice her ‘definitely normal lady who doesn’t bite her tongue when she’s happy’ impression.

...It didn’t go well, with her scrambling to the main area of the cafe after a moment, almost comically panicked.

She had practiced everything, so why did she keep biting her tongue?!

“Alright! This time, I won’t make any mithtaketh!”

Shuddering in pain, she’d continue working to play off the pain.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Bron bowed and sighed.
"Sorry about that. Luke can be a bit aggressive about things, especially if it involves me or honey."
Luckily, everyone seemed to calm down, and so Bron and Luke sat down to eat.

(Timeskip wooooo)
Bron and Luke made it to the cafe. Luke had his arms crossed again, but looked noticable less pouty than their previous visit.
Bron looked over at his partner. "I'm surprised you still came. Are you really worried about me, or do you actually want a pokelady for yourself."
he asked with a grin, nudging his pokemon. Luke's eyebrow twitched, and he slugged his partner on the shoulder.
Bron kept grinning, although his shoulder now hurt like hell.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane made her way towards the cafe, this time however she had a different partner with her. It was a Braxien, which walked very lady like next to her trainer. They both reached the front of the cafe. Akane was now wearing a black summer dress. It was sleeveless and showed her neck and shoulders. She also wore white short open toe heels, a pearl necklace and a white ribbon on the right side of her hair. The Braxien wore the same ribbon, a pearl necklace and two black bracelets. Akane of courses looked nervous, thinking she might have over dressed for the situation, but her Braxien had insisted on it.

Akane approached the nearest person, who seemed to be accompanied by a Lilligant, and made a small polite bow. "Excuse me, is the cafe still closed? I'm here for the speed dating event." She felt silly as she said it out loud, but her Braxien stood as proud as ever.

Helios.

Previously RisingGarchomps
Valentino saw the mayhem Swalot had done and immediately whipped out his poke ball. With some difficulty; he finally was able to return the mischievous Pokemon before it could create more havoc. Hearing Bron’s words he gave him a funny look, a swift, mean one, then said, “It’s alright, darling...” Swalot had certainly made some rivals today.

Timeskip

Valentino awoke sharply and punctually. At first, he could not remember why he was up so early. The he remembered: the speed sting, the thing he had planned his life over so easily. He asked himself why he cared. For that answer, he looked down at his suitcase, filled with weird poke balls.

The hotel he was staying in was a local albeit very expensive one. He questioned why he had chosen to come here last night. Back in his hometowns, hotels could be found at a cheaper price, at least, in the ones he stayed in. He loathed the pieces here but found he had a significant amount of money to pay it from his days working as a Team Flare grunt. He had even managed to become a second in command to an admin at one point. The funds covered the cost of the hotel room easily.

As Valentino marched with his destination in sight, the cafe, he said to himself he wouldn’t let any of His Pokemon out of their poke balls.

Last edited:
The Lilligant responded first — with a nod, and a proud “Lilli!” as it held its blue, leafy hand out to shake.

“—Ah, the cafe should be opening in a moment.”

The young man beside the Lilligant laughed a little bit, glancing down to his friend for a moment before returning his gaze to the lady talking to him — though he had trouble actually maintaining eye contact for a moment.

“I’m here for the same thing, really. Queenprotea wouldn’t stop showing me the flyer.”

He laughed a bit, noting the hood of his parka shaking a bit — before a Petilil showed its face, coming out of hiding to look at Akane.

“—Ah, Daisy, don’t fall out.”

...The Petilil returned to the hood, as he laughed a bit.

“...Regardless, it should be opening up soon. I don’t suspect it’ll be too much longer.”

Ray, making his way to the cafe again, went over a mental checklist with his partner, an Ampharos named Sunshine.

"Alright, Pokemon fed?" He asked. Sunshine responded with an affirmative nod.

"Freshened up and looking my best?" He looked over himself. He had dressed much less casually as opposed to his last visit. He was wearing a dark blue buttoned-up dress shirt and a slightly lighter blue tie, as well as indigo pants and black dress shoes. "I'll give myself a check on that," he responded to himself.

"Ampharos ready to be my wingman- er, wingwoman?" Sunshine clearly seemed a bit awkward at the question, concerning Ray. "Aw come on, it'll be fun! You'll like the place, it's very cozy." He petted his partner on the head to try and make her feel better, to which she responded to by bleating happily. "That's a check!" He said, smiling.

"So! It looks like we're all ready." Ray said proudly. His fancier clothing had him feeling a lot more confident. Sunshine shook herself off. Now wasn't the time to be shy. She was going to stand by her trainer and support him no matter what.

The cafe was in sight now, and Ray noticed a few others at the door of the place. One dressed in a fancy black summer dress and accompanied by a Braixen, the other with a Lilligant, who he recognized from yesterday. Of course, there was also the strange man from the day before, but Ray pretended not to notice him. Not that he didn't like him or anything, he just found his outfit very off-putting for some reason.

As he reached the cafe, he became a bit nervous. After all, he'd never been to a speed dating event before, so he had no clue how it would work. Convincing himself it was natural to be nervous, he patted himself on the head to help clear his thoughts. When the cafe doors opened, he would walk in, and he'd figure it out. Ray's somewhat uptight Ampharos would follow close behind him, also a bit nervous for him.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane shook the Pokemon's hand with a smile, since she knew her Braxien wouldn't do it. She giggled at the behavior of Matthew's Pokemon. She was a fan of adorable Pokemon and her instinct to start drawing them crept up to her mind.

"Well thank you for the information." Akane said as she held her purse in front of her. "See you inside I guess?" She smiled and made her way to a nearby bench.

She took a sit and she just needed to capture the moment. She took out a small notepad from her purse and a black pen. She began drawing the two Pokemon she just met. Her Braxien seemed impatient as she sat down and pouted.

"Mr. Cli-..."
"Just Clint" Clint interrupted Cleo "I think we are in the same age, so no need for formalities"
"Clint, do you mind if I release one more pokemon here?" Cleo asked "I didn't had breakfast, so my pokemons also did not and I know that one of them will be more mad the longer it will take" he said and looked at Clint, waiting for an answer.
"I don't mind. You can release him here" he said and placed a 10 pokepuffs on two plates "For your Swinub and that second pokemon" he said, then he looked around, more people started to arrive to the cafe and he smiled, but he was the only worker currently.. He walked to the doors of the cafe and opened them. Cafe was now open.

Cleo sended out Snom from his Luxury ball and Snom quickly climbed on his shoulder and bit softly his ear "Hey! I am not the food, Snomy Dummy! Its on the table, here" he grabbed Snom gently and placed him on the table, in front of pokepuffs. His Swinub, Cherry also went on the table and start eating her pokepuffs. He saw as Clint returned from opening Cafe. "What if I won't meet anyone and be alone and..." Clint stopped him again "Then you may be like me unlucky in love for around twenty years"
"Oh, umm... Sorry"

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Daisy and Kiera woke up and got ready in their normal clothes and then made their way to the cafe, Kiera turned to Daisy "so did mum try to call you again at all" Daisy simply shook her head and continued walking, Kiera sighed but left it alone. They eventually made it to the cafe and entered "well I guess today will be a good day ok, we dont have to think about mum or responsibilities, just be yourself ok" Kiera said before waiting to see what was actually going on with this speed dating.

Queenprotea clapped her hands together happily once its hands were shaken, with Matthew laughing just a tad at his Lilligant’s enthusiasm before bowing slightly in return.

“Of course. I suppose we may see each other inside.”

He tried to keep it casual, but already his heart was racing — when you’d lived most of your life cooped up in a tea shop, this sort of thing was the challenge of a lifetime!

...But, he’d not show that worry externally, helped a bit by Queenprotea ‘elbowing’ his knee lightly. After all, she wasn’t going to have none of this ‘overthinking’ nonsense today!

As the cafe opened, Matthew opened the door, and held it open for the others who’d clearly lined up. He reckoned the first in line simply should do that, after all, and it’d be a pain for everyone else to continuously open the door on their way in, right?

‘...Hopefully this door doesn’t lock open,’ Matthew half prayed internally, ‘or else I’ll embarrass myself before I even enter the speed date.’

Hasumi... left Clint to do his own thing, while placing Pyre near the tables to act as some sort of mood-setting candle.

...Judging by Pyre’s expression — half-opened eyes and a raised ‘eyebrow’ of wax — Pyre wasn’t exactly enthused to be in this position, but it didn’t reckon it had much of a choice in the matter.

After the cafe opened, Hasumi simply waited on standby and prepared to serve!

Just like yesterday, Leonardo calmly walked through the streets of his hometown with Chesnaught close behind, Leonardo appeared to have a somewhat nervous look on his face as many questions raced through his mind. "What if I don't get a girlfriend? What if I do and they turn out to be terrible? What if-?" His thoughts stopped when he felt a hand on his shoulder, Chesnaught's hand to be exact as the Pokemon attempted to calm Leonaedo's nerves and let him know things would be okay. Leonardo smiled and sighed lightly. "Thanks pal, let's go." He said as the two made their way to the cafe.

Clint smiled as people were slowly arriving to the cafe. "Okay, time for a show"
"Umm.. Clint? Should someone watch over a speed dating? If you are gonna join then who-.." Cleo didn't end, as small Noibat appeard on Clint Shoulder.
"Noiiiii~"
"This little guy will alarm us when the time will be up" he stood up and walked up to the middle of cafe "Okay everyone, listen up! Each one of you will have 15 minutes to talk and meet each other, Noibat will give a signal when time will be up! Okay, people who would want to date girl to the left and boys to the right" he said then he himself headed to the left as Noibat stayed where his trainer was not so long ago.
Cleo, Snom and Swinub also headed to the left.

Leonardo was somewhat irritated by the Noibat's screech, but he did his best to brush it off as it was meant to serve as an alarm. He folded his arms as he listened to what Clint had to say about the rule of dating and was a bit unsure at how they would only have fifteen minutes worth of interaction. When Clint said to go on which side for which gender he wanted to date, Leonardo and Chesnaught immediately moved to the left side along with a few other people.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane looked up once she noticed everyone walking in. She quickly got up, adjusting herself as to look nice and tidy, and joined the line. She was about to put her new drawing away when she saw who was holding the door. She carefully ripped the drawing out of the notepad and handed it over to the Lilligant. She smiled and waved as she walked through into the cafe.

Once inside she began to feel nervous. She had finally noticed the situation she was in and would look silly if she left now. She listened to the rules attentively and figured 15 minutos would mean it really was speed dating. She made her way to the right side, where she stood quietly and afraid to look at the others on the opposite side. It felt like she was in a middle school dance.

After flinching at the cry of the Noibat, Matthew took a moment to glance to the left — glancing back to Akane with a polite nod.

Naturally, he reckoned, he began second - guessing himself — but he had to breathe slowly, and relax.

...After all, he did commit to this, didn’t he?

‘...Might as well at least give it a shot. To say I tried.’

After mentally reassuring himself, he took a breath out and smiled, and waited for the others to enter.

...Meanwhile, Queenprotea happily took this drawing —and after looking it over, held it to her chest and did something of a little spin.

...Then, she poked Matthew’s leg, and nodded. She already liked that one, apparently.

D

Deleted member 284192

As she walked by Couriway Cafe once more, Jun recalled seeing a flier the other day for a speed dating event that would be happening. “Speed dating? I guess it’s been pretty boring lately. What do you think Gubs?” Jun asked to her Gulpin, who was too fixated on the delicious scent coming from the cafe to pay attention to it’s trainer. The Gulpin headed for the door, and Jun couldn't help but smile and follow.

She scooped up her Pokemon and entered the cafe. She looked around curiously, unable to tell if the event had already started. “There is some sort of speed dating event happening here, no?” Jun asked, hoping to get some answers.

As the cafe opened, Ray headed in to find everything set up for the event. He listened to the two people explaining the event before heading to the left appropriately, Sunshine following behind. Noticing someone who had just arrived ask about the event, Ray decided to give her some help.

"You just missed the explanation, actually!" He responded. "See that Noibat over there? We've got 15 minutes to chat with someone, and he'll tell us when it's done." He explained, gesturing toward the Noibat on Clint's shoulder. "If you plan to date a girl, head to the left. If you want a guy instead, then head to the right."

Ray gave a smile to the young woman before returning to the left side of the cafe.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Bron walked into the cafe, holding his arm but still grinning. He wasn't' really worried. Dating was not his forte, but it would be nice to have someone other than Luke around.
Once he entered, he heard an explanation about what was going to happen.
Interesting... thought Bron.
Luke simply shrugged, still trying to act aloof.
"Alright, no turning back." Bron stated as he and Luke went to the left side.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Daisy and Kiera listened to the instructions before picking their sides "well guess this is where we part sis" Kiera said over dramatically, Daisy gave her a shove and added "oh hush you, you big drama queen" before she made her way over to the left. Kiera chuckled and casually strolled over to the right and stood waiting for this event to actually begin. Daisy stood awkwardly waiting anxiously not sure whether she had made the right choice in coming and all that.

Reckoning everyone had entered to his knowledge, Matthew left his position holding the door and moved to the left, taking a deep breath in as he tried to tidy himself up.

Queenprotea clapped its hands together with a happy little hum, seeming quite excited, at least to Matthew — watching over her for a moment, he’d breathe a small sigh and begin glancing around aimlessly.

‘...Stay calm. Things will go okay if you steady your nerves.’

He kept telling himself that, but the mere idea of dating was already a tad intense for the guy. But he figured this was natural — and at least tried not to show his nervousness, relaxing his muscles and smiling softly and carefully.

Clint saw Daisy that didn't seemed happy to be here. He was kind of schocked when she walked to the left, but that only help him to learn something new about the worker of his cafe. He whispered to his Noibat "Okay, go up there and when I give you a signal, make the most soft screech for human's ears that you ever made. Okay buddy?" he asked his pokemon quietly, Noibat smiled and nuzzled to his trainer cheek for a quite while then flew up to the ceiling and sat on the lamp.
After that he walked up to Daisy and whispered to her "Don't worry, think about it as a little game within a group of the good friends. Just take it easy and remember that this event was made for you all-..." he step forward, and his Noibat gave with his voice a signal ".. Have fun!" Clint said with a smile. He headed to one of the tables, without giving it the long thought.

Cleo wasn't sure about all this and his pokemon had to litteraly help him to cool down a bit. Clint voice telling him to have fun regained his courage a bit.. Yes, just go there and have fun. Don't show that you are worried or that you regret something. Cleo keep telling his mind, he was an actor in theater after all... Amateur, but still! He should be able to control his emotions!
He headed with Snom and Swinub to a table.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Once he heard the signal, Bron and Luke walked over to a table and sat down. Or at least, Bron did. Luke remained standing, standing straight and alert like a bodyguard.
Bron sighed and put his head on his hand. He wanted to tell Luke to quit it, but the pokemon has always been so stubborn about protecting him. Hopefully he won't scare off anyone off.
Luke's ear twitched in annoyance, hearing his trainer's mental griping, but remained still, looking over the other people in the cafe.

Gustav, Lana and Eugene woke up late as they ran down the street after getting dressed, they showed up at the cafe, opened the door and sat down as a pokeball opened on Gustav's belt, revealing a shiny Alolan Raichu. Similar thing happened to Eugene, except his Swampert popped out, and Lana, except her Garchomp popped out.

"Sorry, we're a bit late and lost." Eugene responded to the group and immediately felt heat rise into his cheeks when he saw Jun.

"It seems Eugene's got a..!" Gustav got a water gun to the face from Swampert.

"Gustav, what are you doing?" Lana asked.

"Just noticing..."

Gustav shut up, since he was getting a glare from Eugene.

On the Noibat's cue, Ray headed over to a table and sat down. Inviting Sunshine to sit with him, she refused, electing to stand up instead. Her trainer simply shrugged and said, "Your loss."

Looking over the people on the right side, he wondered which one of these ladies would approach him. Ray began to feel a bit nervous again. You'll be fine, he thought to himself. Someone's gonna walk up to that table and you're gonna have a nice chat with them. That's it. Confidence and focus regained, he waited patiently for another person to sit at the table.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane looked at the different tables feeling nervous and decided to take an empty one. That way the pressure of walking up to someone was off her shoulders. She quickly made her way to the closest table to her. She sat down, setting her purse down next to her chair and her Braxien taking a sit next to her trainer. Akane placed her hands the table and sat straight, waiting to see who would join her.

...It took a moment, but Matthew took a breath in and took a seat across from Akane with a gentle nod.

It seemed he was feeling the pressure that Akane had thankfully avoided — up until he took a seat, he seemed unable to make eye contact with her — though it seemed he grew a tad more confident once he was seated.

...Seemingly curious, Daisy popped up and onto his shoulder — while Queenprotea politely took the seat beside her.

...Now, Matthew needed to find a good way to break the ice.

...Something, anything...

‘I should probably just start with an introduction. I’m really no good with introduction one-liners.

Botany puns, however... ‘...No, gods no. I CANNOT start out with one of those.’

Nodding as if to hide his mental chiding, he spoke up after a moment.

“I don’t believe we’ve formally met. My name is Matthew — what is yours?”

‘...I’m pretty sure that was alright. Hopefully.’

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane smiled when she saw Matthew, he wasn't a complete stranger which made her feel a little better. She waved at the cute plant Pokemon while her Braxien just sat still and eyed the new arrivals. Akane cleared her throat before answering Matthew's question.

"Hello, again, I'm Akane and this stuck up Braxien is my Pokemon." She looked at the fox fire type, who giggled and waved at the other Pokemon. "You have very cute Pokemon by the way."

He smiled, nodding towards the Braixen as a greeting before the compliment registered — comically causing Queenprotea to glance away, as if flattered.

“Thank you. The Lilligant beside me is Queenprotea, and this Petilil is Daisy.”

“Peti..!”

The Petilil waved with, ah, the closest thing it has to arms, as Matthew smiled.

“Your Braixen looks quite wonderful as well. They look quite great today.”

‘...Ah, that compliment didn’t sound weird, did it?! Crap, it totally sounded weird! But if I add onto it, it’ll make it even weirder!’

Matthew made the choice to leave it there — he would’ve commented on the Braixen’s fur in particular being well upkept, but spending too much time on a compliment was rarely a good idea.

“I should thank you for your artwork earlier, by the way. Protea was overjoyed to receive it, and it’s truly quite a work of art! If I may ask, are you an artist?”

‘...I’m not overreaching, am I?!’

Matthew knew full well his tendency to second-guess everything he said, but man was it worse than ever now. Even so, he’d try his best not to let that nervousness show.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane tried to remember the name of the Pokemon while her Braxien smiled proudly to the compliment made on her. The red head just smiled and nodded until it was her turn to talk. She took a deep breath, barely moving her lips though as to not make it obvious. She needed to be careful with her words.

"Yes I am. I do graphic designs for some companies and make art of my own on my spare time." She sounded a little excited about her work. "I'm actually working on a promotional poster for the Pokemon League, you know to inspire rookies to challenge it." She stopped herself before got carried away. "Anyways, what about you?"

“That’s amazing! Working for the League, and doing graphic design... —Well, that’s really hard work! I’m really impressed.”

It seemed her excitement rubbed off on him, as he nodded in thought — smiling happily, as if admiring the skill.

—Though, he almost seemed surprised for a moment when she asked of his business, but he promptly corrected himself.

“...Well, I’m little more than a seller of various teas. I admit it’s something my father started, but he worked with Petilil of the area to supply a small shop of various teas working with their leaves.”

He smiled quite a deal at that — even talking about this sort of work filled him with glee, just working with grass-types...

“...Well, overall, I suppose I make a living petaling wares.”

‘...Oh no, I made the worst possible mistake!’

...But the opportunity was there, and he had to take it. Botany jokes were difficult not to use when the time called.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Both Akane and her Braxien looked proud as Matthew complimented her work. She listened and imagined a small tea shop as she described her work and couldn't help but to giggle at the small joke made.

"Well that sounds wonderful. I can't say I am an expert on tea, I'm more of a coffee fan myself, but knowing these two cute Pokemon are part of it, I might start drinking more." The thought of ordering something crossed her mind. "You think we can order something? Maybe some tea?"

‘It worked?! It worked!’

Even so, Matthew would make sure he didn’t overdo his puns. While he had many in store, he seriously had to put a lock on it for now.

“I’m glad to hear it. —In terms of orders, maybe there’s—?!”

...Almost as soon as he gave it some thought, it seemed Hasumi was right there with two menus for the two — placing both down with a happy nod.

“Well, welcome to the Couriway Cafe! Is there anything you’d like?”

Hasumi smiled happily, trying to offset her shortness with pure charm. Matthew began giving some thought to the order, but he’d hold off for the moment — after all, he needed to confirm with Daisy and Queenprotea.

“Would you like green tea, Protea?”

“—Lil!”

...He’d order the same for Daisy, he reckoned — given Daisy had quite a liking for green tea.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane looked a little surprised as they were approached by a waitress, as if they had read her mind. She waited for her company to order first before making her own order.

"I will also take two teas please. Could you add two sweet puffins and a slice of pie? Any flavor is fine." She then adjusted herself before turning her attention back to Matthew. "That was lucky."

After waiting for Akane to finish, he’d wait for Hasumi to stop scribbling down their order before piping up.

“I’ll take two cups of green tea, alongside a cup of Oolong. If you could add two sweet puffins, and a slice of apple pie, that’d be wonderful.”

Matthew nodded in agreement with Akane as he turned back — it was almost impressive to see someone zip over so fast.

“No kidding. I’m surprised they don’t talk about the qualitea of their service too much.”

‘Crap! Again?! Was that one even intentional?’

...The teaseller found himself again worrying about the puns he accidentally formed a habit of — he could only hope she didn’t mind, lest he make her uncomfortable.

...Scribble scribble, scribble scribble... Soon enough, the small lass was finished with the writing, and gave the two an overjoyed salute — accidentally ramming her hand into her forehead a bit harder than she’d have liked.

“Your order is coming right up! It won’t be long!”

—And with that, Hasumi was off, stumbling over herself as she scuttled away — leaving the two alone again.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane giggled once more at the pun made. She figured she had to include her own puns, she was an artist after all, she had the creativity for it. Unfortunately her mind wasn't able to come up with a good one. She thought hard before deciding on the best choice she could think off.

"That was a tearrific pun." She said with a smile before giggling to her own joke.