• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed 80's Pokemon journey though the regions

"Oops. Sorry." She muttered to him in a sad tone."Anyways, we should go. We're almost at Viridian." She got up and walked away from him, looking at her feet, a sad expression on her face.
"Its not my fault my Pikachu is different." She whispered, so that Alex couldn't hear.

"Don't worry I am not blaming you. I am glad it was caught. I don't know what would have happened if we could not find them. You are right though. We should start heading on." Alex walked along the route he was glad to have gotten a new pokemon on his team. He hoped nothing bad will happen to her. She seemed to be scared of something. "Hey there is the gate sign for Viridian. What do you say we get a bite to eat. I did not have time for breakfast." He wanted to chear up his new friend he did not mean to offend her. He hoped he did not ruin a friendship between the two.

Povel glanced at a boy after the Piplup noted a nearby sign within a few seconds of it being in his sight. The little penguin quickly waddled towards a boy in capri leggings with a dark hue and added, "Umm, yeah. I was just going to talk about that... because someone tried to throw a red and white thing at me, but all it did was hit my head like some sort of rock."

"I'm still not sure if people can really hear me like this though. The other things around here said that they couldn't hear them," The Piplup added after he managed to get some of the more complex sounds straightened out. He placed the paperback book in his pocket after he finished with the first few pages of the starting chapter. A slight breath came past his short beak soon after.

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Along Route 1, an Elf girl by the name of Lola walked with an excited smile. She'd just received her parcel from Professor Oak a few minutes ago. She'd gone there straight away to talk to him about the letter she'd gotten after first arriving in Kanto this morning. Everything was so different from her home island in the Alola region. She was surprised she'd been chosen to help the professor, but then again, she was the daughter of two very well known breeders back home. Knowing this, he wanted her to help him take notes on every pokemon she came across to update the pokedex. Which was perfectly fine by her, she'd wanted to start learning more about each region's different types of pokemon. Her goal was to become a well known breeder like her parents were, after all.

Beside her were her two very well groomed vulpix, one a regular Fire type, and the other an Alolan Ice type. Polar opposites, but seeming very in tune with one another. They were her pride and joy, and she couldn't imagine going on this journey without them.

She was hoping to make some friends along the way. It was completely new territory for her, and she didn't know her way around that well.

"Woah a talking pokemon." Though that is not the weirdest thing he had seen. He was till a little shocked. He knelt down closer to the little blue water pokemon. "Hey there we don't see many like you around here. You said someone threw a rock at you. Did it look something like this?" With that he pulled out the pokeball that contained his newly caught caterpie.

"Ah... yes! That's what it was... b- but, it just hit the back of my head and nothing happened from what I remembered like a few minutes ago!" Povel swiftly responded to the boy. The Piplup stared at the red and white sphere for a good moment.

The little penguin looked up at the boy and stated, "Oh, so I'm taking that as a yes that you can hear me and stuff. I still don't really know what to do to be honest. I tried giving some coins and a paper thing to a man in a blue place for a purple thing, but he just kept laughing at me and asking where my trainer was."

"Oh you mean a potion." Alex put the pokeball away. He searched his bag for one that his grandma made him carry with him. She wanted to make sure his pokemon were in great shape. She was the one who inspired him to want to be a breeder. He finally found it and held it out to the piplup. "Is this what you were trying to buy? If you need it. I will gladly let you have this one. I have plenty more in my bag."

"I was... but I'm not even sure what it does, or even how to use that thing if I even knew what it was. I guess I'll probably take it, since the other blue things like me don't really like to take anything from anyone even if they give it out," Povel replied, before he nodded at the boy. The Piplup carefully took the purple bottle and examined the small container's contents for a brief moment. A dormant, clear liquid lied inside the spray-type bottle. The potion was placed inside the penguin's pocket of his body dress with a snug fit. The Piplup inclined his head at the boy and patiently waited next to the them.

"If you want you can come with us. I can help you out with things. I can tell you what the potion does. It is to help pokemon who have been hurt it is not hard to use." Alex sat down Indian style. He was way more comfey that way. Eevee was on Alex's shoulder. She was interested in the little penguin pokemon.

"Well, that's easy for you to say. I have these flipper things that make it hard for me to use stuff... let alone hold things so easily," Povel remarked, before he stood next to the boy that sat on the ground. The Piplup looked up at a brown Pokémon that resembled a mammalian creature of some sort upon closer inspection.

"Oh uhh... yeah I was a bit cold. Normally I wouldn't be wearing so much, but I don't want to be sneezing so much like last time," Povel said to the Eevee, before the little penguin adjusted his scarf for a few seconds.

"Do you think a scarf would help. I have one in my bag. I keep extra clothes in my bag just in case something happens you never know." Alex goes into his bag and pulls out a scarf. It was a bright purple. It had an Eevee dancing around on the edge. "You are welcome to it. Also I think there are some types of berries that will help with the cold. I know what they look like, but I can not remember the name."

"Umm... I'm okay for now. My neck's kinda hot with this one around me. Thank you though," Povel replied, before the Piplup nodded at the boy soon after. The little penguin glanced back at the Eevee that was on the boy's shoulder area.

"Well, now that we're here, should we break some ice?" The Piplup asked the boy and the Eevee. The small penguin carefully patted his bodysuit for a brief moment.

Alex put away the scarf and turned back to the pokemon. He giggled when he said break some ice. "Well my name is Alex and this is my partner Eevee. She has been with me for a long time now." He reached up to little brown fox and rubbed her. She seemed to almost purr.

"Well, I'm Povel... at least from what I could remember back in a building with this person called Rowan. There was this person that came in and shook some ball things and stuff! He called us weaklings and other things, what a dumb kid! I couldn't take it after the girl in the pink hair tried to stab me with that pointy thing just because I needed a so called flu shot!" Povel loudly responded to the boy after he attempted to steer clear from memory lane. The Piplup shook his head for a split second and patted his scarf for a brief moment. The little penguin stood as straight as possible and fidgeted with his arms for some time.

She waited until the male was finished before she played her violin in a harmonic tone as Bella was her audience to it. She smiled gently at her as her hand rested on the strings following the notes in her head as the wand to the violin moved. Bella barked wagging her tail before she sat down closing her eyes.

Shadow and Chap listened just in the distance as she proved that she was in sync with him when he played. Chap barked as well as he wagged his rectangular green tail smiling.-

"Well it is nice to meet. I think Profeesor Oak might know this Rowen. I can help you get in touch with him. Though after hearing what you said you could just come with us. I don't mind having you around Povel." Alex leaned back on the grass. He was very relaxed. The sun was shining and he was outdoors.

"Well alright, hopefully I don't fall over a lot like I did earlier. I'll just go with you then I guess. You seem quite nicer than a lot of people that I have talked to lately," Povel promptly responded to the boy, before the Piplup adjusted his scarf again. He stood next to the boy that leaned back on the grass. The little penguin continued to fidget with his arms.

"Well I am glad you think so. If you have too much trouble walking just let me know. I will gladly carry if you need me too. I would hate for you to be lost." Alex did seem concerned for the little pokemon. "Are you alright. Would you like some help with the scarf. I can help you take it off you would like."

"Umm... uhh... I'm just trying to make sure it doesn't fall too much like last time. If you want to carry me... I mean sure I guess, but I got no idea what that is," Povel answered, as the little penguin nodded at the boy soon after. The Piplup took a discreet breath and glanced up at the Eevee for a brief moment.

Eevee jumped from Alex's shoulder to his arms. Alex wrapped his arms around her. She wanted to show him what being carried meant. "This is what I meant by carrying you. I would hold you in my arms and walk around. That way you don't trip or fall."

"Oh umm... alright. Okay then, if you want to do that, I'm fine I guess. I am quite small, so I don't think people would really say anything if they saw us," Povel replied, before he nodded again at the boy. The Piplup glanced at the Eevee held around the boy's arms. The little penguin made a mental note in his mind and looked up at the boy for a brief moment.

After a long night, Kyle woke up very late. He hadn’t gotten to bed until after midnight. And, he forgot that today was the day he was supposed to go to Professor Oak’s Lab to get a Pokémon Box until his mom reminded him. He bolted out the door. He knew he would probably be too late, but at least there was a chance. He bolted through Veridian City and onto Route 1, hoping to get there in time.

"They woulf just think that he likes to have his pokemon out of their pokeballs. It is not a bad thing it is just not very common. It would help you not be noticed by others if that is what you wish." Eevee climbed back up to her spot on Alex's shoulder. She loved to look from above.

"Well, the problem is that I can't get in those things for some reason, even after someone tried to throw a red and white thing at me earlier. I guess I'm ready when you want to do that thing I suppose," Povel remarked, before he took several tiny steps towards the boy. The Piplup nodded at the boy and stood still, which would make him an easy one to lift if he were to be in the air soon after. The little penguin took in a deep breath and dusted off his bodysuit for a brief moment.

Alex stood up. He dusted himself off before he bent down and lifted the talking pokemon up in his arms. He turned towards Avery. "Povel I want you to meet Avery. She is someone who will be coming with us." He turned the water type so that his back was against his chest so that he could see around him.

"Oh umm... alright. This doesn't feel as bad as I thought. Hello to the person that's called Avery I guess," Povel replied after he was picked up and held in the boy's arms. The Piplup glanced at the girl in a leather jacket and stared at her white scarf for a brief moment. The little penguin carefully scanned the area after he found himself a couple feet in the air.

Hilda came up to two familiar faces. Her Lilipup was now in her arms once more. "Hey y'all!" she greeted Alex and Avery, "Aah was wonderin' when Aah would catch up. Hope ya didn't catch any purple vermin. They really messed mah family up one fall." She moved Felix to one arm, holding him like a piece of luggage, and tipped her hat towards them. "Aah see ya caught a Pokemon. One more than me."

"Actually I did not really catch him. He just wanted to come along for the journey. I did catch a little yellow caterpie though." Alex took one hand held the penguin pokemon and with the other got out the pokeball containing the small pokemon. He held it out for her to see.

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
Jax had sailed from Cinnabar to Pallet and had gotten his parcel from Professor Oak. Walking down Route 1 with Poli, he felt excited to go on his journey. He held up the Metronome TM his mom had given him before he left and shrugged. "Poli can't use this." He heard a few people chatting and went up to the group. "Are you all on a journey, too? I mean, obviously, I'm going to succeed and I'll be looking down at you, but you can try." The boy felt that he forgot something and then said "Oh, and I'm Jax. Poli and I are on a journey to win performances and contests across the world." The Poliwag eagerly burst out of his Pokeball and started to dance around the other Pokemon. Using Water Sport, he sprinkled the Pokemon with water, hoping they would like it. "Poli, poli, wag wa!"

"Umm... catch? I'm not sure if we were playing like that one game or something earlier," Povel commented after he glanced at the red and white ball the boy held in their other hand. The Piplup blankly stared at the girl and calmly remained in the boy's arms. The little penguin jotted a mental note of the Pokémon's description after he processed all the details he could in a few seconds.

"Heavens to Besty! That's amazin'! I don't think I've ever heard of a yellah Caterpie!" Hilda exclaimed. She stretched her Lilipup's head as he started to bark once again. "And you're a talkin' Pokemon! Well, that's amazin' as all get out!" She smiled at the Piplup, not knowing the species due to the fact she lived in Unova her whole life. She then turned to the trainer named Jax. "Maybe ya should get there befo-wah ya talk. Ya sound lak a person who was given' everythang at birth," She told him bluntly, not sounding like she wanted to hurt his feelings, but if she did, she wouldn't care.

Last edited:

Krisseon

Lola held a map in her hands, attempting to figure out where she was headed. So, she was currently on Route 1. Right. And it looked like the City she was headed towards was Viridian. Okay. She stuffed the map back in her bag once she was sure she was headed in the right direction. She looked at her two vulpix who were currently chasing each other in circles around her. She smiled affectionately at the two and chuckled lightly. "Alright you two, let's get going. We're behind as it is right now." The two Fox pokemon cooed excitedly, obediently calming down and following her down the winding path.

Along the way, she thought she heard soft music playing. A flute and a violin? She followed the melody to a group of trainers not far ahead, crowded around some musicans, slightly off the trail in the woods. She blinked, curious. With her arms behind her back innocently, she approached the group. "Um. Hello fellow trainers." She smiled softly, her Elven ears twitching in a rather charming way.

Kyle was about to pass the group when he saw the strangely colored Caterpie as he passed. He skidded to a stop and peered at it. He had heard of similar cases, where a Pokémon had appeared as a different color than was ever held on record...

“Hey. That Caterpie... it looks different. In a good way.”

He straightened up and nodded his head to anyone whom he made eye contact with. There was a slight jangle from his backpack every time he moved.

The pokeball in Alex's hand seemed to shake. A light appeared and a little yellow Caterpie crawled up Alex's arm. She kind of cuddled up in his hair. "Well hello there little one. I guess you want to show off a little. Povel just seems to know how to talk. I find it very interesting." He was about to say more when a trainer showed up and commented on his caterpie. "Yes she is a different color. I found her on my way here. She seemed to be scared of something. She climbed in my bag and hit one of the pokeballs."

"Well I declare I have never seen such a colorin' on a Caterpie befo-wah. And the way of capture was a bit strange, that is sure. She seems happier than a Blissey givin' eggs," She replied. She then looked at the new trainer that made jingling noises. He seemed to be alright and she was expecting a good friendship with everyone here, except for the boastful trainer.

Monica turned as she heard a new voice. It was soft, clearly female if she had ever heard a damsel's voice before. Monica pushed lightly off the tree, her Heart-Trimmed Furfrou moving from the musician and his odd, reptilian Pokemon, and came to her trainer's side. Monica moved over to- no, skated, to greet the girl who joined the group. Her Furfrou seemed interested in the two Vulpix she owned, Babs barking lightly in greeting as she did to Alex. "Frou." Monica knew what the two Pokemon were, their evolutions, Ninetales, was very popular in Coordinator's contests that Monica attended during her time living the Kalosian life.
"Bonjour- err, hello." Monica greeted the girl, who had her hands pressed behind her back. She supposed she would try to be polite, sticking her right arm out and propping her left behind her back. Her Furfrou emerged from behind her then, a jingle of her collar as a greeting to the trainer herself. Monica noted her odd ears, but they were not the weirdest thing she had seen in her misadventures. Pink marks were positioned under her eyes, and Monica thought they looked quite cute, it matched the outfit the clearly elven girl sported. "I'm Monica Price." She began.

"I know that is what makes it so special. She seemed really want to come with me. I know she has a different color." Caterpie seemed to just soak up the attention. She seemed to love being on her trainer's shoulder. Alex looked to the girl who just spoke. "I love you accent. It just seems so exotic."

Krisseon

Lola smiled at Monica and bowed in greeting. "Hello Monica, it is a pleasure to meet you! I am Lola Kalani, from Akala Island, Alola. And this is Kaipo," she gestured to the Alolan Vulpix, "and Hani." to the Kantonian Vulpix. Both of which were jumping around the friendly Furfrou happily, trying to play with her. She chuckled at her bubbly balls of sunshine. "You two are so excited." She looked to the elegant Heart-Trimmed Furfrou and bowed to her as well. "And hello to you too!" She looked back to Monica, her silver-white eyes shining happily. "Your Furfrou is magnificent."

"Oh uhh... wow, quite a bit of people here. First time talking to this many in a while I guess. Hopefully I won't ever see that girl in the pink hair and white dress ever again," Povel said, before he glanced at a yellow caterpillar that crawled up on the boy's arm. The Piplup scratched his head for a brief moment and glanced towards the relative direction of the other trainers. The little penguin took a deep breath and calmly listened to the lively chat that went about around him.

Shadow left her sister for now as he knew she would catch up later as Chapman the Dandy trimmed style Furfrou followed beside him. He saw a group up ahead as he slowly approached. "Greetings all, how is everyone, mind if I tag along for a bit?" he asked the group as Chap barked giving a smile as his rectangular green tail wagged in a playful way. "If you don't mind Chapman here and I and his gentleman nature, isn't that right Chapman?" he asked the Dandy trimmed style Furfrou. "Furfrou!" he said barking but gave a bow as a greeting to the others.