• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Mawile

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
303Mawile_Mega_Dream.png

Mega Mawile
[type=steel][/type]/[type=fairy][/type]​

20477_info.png

Japanese Name: MegaKucheat
Height: 1.0m / 3' 03''
Weight: 23.5kg / 51.8 lbs.
Classification: Deceiver Pokemon

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Huge Power

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: MegaMawile was revealed in the 2013 August edition of CoroCoro, along with several other Mega Pokemon: Mega Absol, Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario and Mega Ampharos.
Additional Info: Mega Mawile is able to control both of it's massive jaws independently.

20483_stats.png

Mega Mawile receives hefty stat increases to its Defense and Special Defense as well as a boost in Attack stat.

HP: 50
Attack: 105
Defense: 125
Sp. Attack: 55
Sp. Defense: 95
Speed: 50

62259_20479_locations.png

58303_Dream_Mawilite_Sprite.png

Mega Stone:
Mawilite.
X/Y: Shabboneau Castle, post-game.
OR/AS: Verdanturf Town.

20476_evolution.png

Mega-Evolves from Mawile.

62795_20472_artwork.png

mega_mawile_-_pokemon_x_and.png

20482_screenshots.png

mega_mawile_screenshot_1.png
mega_mawile_screenshot_2.png
mega_mawile_screenshot_3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Something we've mentioned a lot in chat but never here is what exactly Mega Mawile getting Huge Power means: Assuming the Attack stat hasn't changed (which it might have), Mawile has base 85 Attack. Decidedly average, right? Well, Mega Mawile has Huge Power, which doubles the attack stat. That means that Mega Mawile has, at least, 170 base attack - on par with Black Kyurem, and just 10 less than Deoxys Attack forme. Combine that with the fact that we know both defence stats increase sharply, and, well... if you can get Mawile onto the field and manage to Mega Evolve it, it could cause some serious damage.

And thank feck for that!

I KNOW RIGHT. FINALLY, Mawile being not only usable, but BADASS. ♥
I totally agree. This Pokemon NEEDED a lot of attention in Gen 3 considering how weak it was and what Gyms were coming up around the area it was located. Now Mega Mawile gains the respect it so deserved and it earns major beauty and coolness points in my book. :D

I think mega mawile should be in ubers. If known how to set up well, this thing is jolly well better than arceus , at least that's what I experience. Problem is that everybody uses it so it's very predictable. Btw mega Amelie has 105 base attack so huge power would make mawule have 210 attack. Just clarifying.