• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every little bit helps. Even if it doesn't progress the story itself, and only adds a bit more flavor to a scene, or show a bit more of a character's persona, it add's to the narrative as a whole and can give others a hook to respond to.

I doubt it'll affect what you have planned. I just realized that some things needed to be set up first for Loziana's dinner plans to make much sense. So imagine Salem quickly setting up some place to cook, and maybe asking Gerald if he can pull some logs over so they can sit on them. I'm ending my post before any conversations begin.

Alright, my next story entry, post #320, is up and serves mainly to preserve continuity.
Try to keep that in mind a bit more next time Loziana.

I'm alright with finding excessive amounts of fruits and vegetables and roots in hardly any time at all, that's all good. The natural spices she finds somewhere that allow her to whip up something even tastier than you'd get in a restaurant are fine too. Nothing about making that a cool skill for your character. And I guess I can have Salem be alright will filling the camp with the smell of homely cooking despite it going directly against the whole plan and station he'd explained to her, and build the day before, but what really breaks consistency for me is how Aidinia casually set about plans to bake these savory pudding delights without a cooking plate and tools, or how she thinks she can make anything like a soup without anything to make it in. A bunch of hollowed out coconuts thrown into the fire would be stretching the believably of the story, relative though that may already be. I am all for giving your character great gathering and cooking skills if you think that fits, but if we're too casual about these things it will severely take away from the threat of surviving in this wilderness. The berserk Pokemon really do not have to be the only elements that provides danger and tension, and we'll create a much richer and more compelling narrative if we consider all the factors.

At least, that's my opinion on things. Of course having fun writing is the more primary concern, but if anyone feels they may be lacking in filling, or details, just feel free to ask, either here or message me in private. I love building up worlds and scenes and fleshing out characters.

In his busy efforts to set everything up he had completely overlooked the fact that this foxy lady was a fire type Pokemon.
Huh. First time anyone used that to describe June xD

I feel pretty good about my post here, hopefully it was worth the wait. And sorry for taking a eternity to type it up, several distractions stopped me from completing it throughout the day...

It was my error I originally named him Weston and then I changed it to Winston accidentally And I have been using Winston since
Ah, alright. Did we wanna stick with Winston as his official last name then? If so, I'll have to edit my future post, which shouldn't be too difficult.

Might I say, though, I'm greatly enjoying this RP. Whenever I'm out of things to reply to I've been typing up possible scenarios that haven't even occurred yet xD

Huh. First time anyone used that to describe June xD
Well, for those paying closer attention to Salem's traits and habits, there are actually quite a lot of little rules and customs to pick up on. On of those is that he looks at Pokemon as just people with different forms mostly. It might be more apparent when dealing with Pokemon that are more human looking.

I'm gonna check out your story entry in a minute.

Might I say, though, I'm greatly enjoying this RP. Whenever I'm out of things to reply to I've been typing up possible scenarios that haven't even occurred yet xD
I've been doing the same thing, you know, when I'm not making coins or finding music, or harassing you all here in this thread my with numerous opinions... Speaking of which I vote for Alex Weston, that's what I called him in all my sound files, and truth be told I never even noticed it switched to Winston. My Dyslexia must have read right over that.

Well, for those paying closer attention to Salem's traits and habits, there are actually quite a lot of little rules and customs to pick up on. On of those is that he looks at Pokemon as just people with different forms mostly. It might be more apparent when dealing with Pokemon that are more human looking.

I'm gonna check out your story entry in a minute.

I've been doing the same thing, you know, when I'm not making coins or finding music, or harassing you all here in this thread my with numerous opinions... Speaking of which I vote for Alex Weston, that's what I called him in all my sound files, and truth be told I never even noticed it switched to Winston. My Dyslexia must have read right over that.

Yeah, I thought I had accidentally changed it to Winston because of playing too much Overwatch xD

A swell entry indeed BurbleBurble. I must say that I'm starting to appreciate your additions to the story more and more. I mean I liked them before as well, but now seeing them incorporate so many other characters just gives me more perspective and a better feeling for Gerald and June, and I really enjoy the pair. They make such a good duo.

I do want to point out that I personally always assumed the river to be one with a relatively strong current despite looking somewhat calm. But I've noticed more than once that people seem to assume the blood and gore lingering, would that mean you see it as a still water?

Then I thoroughly enjoyed little nudges you gave other characters. Salem of course, but also Cassy in her fragile state with lack of Ninetales support, and Aidinia fuzzing over people. I am of the strong believe that your own characters come to life the most in the observations of others, and you're doing a great job cementing that.

I have to apologize for dictating Gerald and Junes actions a little when I did. But I hope it was purposely vague enough that you could comfortable make it your own. I almost didn't have June step in to assist with the fire building, but she struck me as the kind to solve a problem that's no effort to her, even if it's to help someone she doesn't particularly trust yet. Sorry if I overstepped.

No worries, Ny. As long as your not forcing hits, controlling what either of them say, and the such, your fine. If I ever have a problem, I'll get vocal and express it to you either in PMs or here.

The RP moves quite fast compared to other Roleplays I'm in, but I can't say it isn't fun. Glad your all enjoying my Posts :)

Ok pts good and I had to catch up a quick post on the Ranger thread with Lin as I had neglected it for far to long now to look over this one and see which Npcs need posting. Btw Nevashi's fall can be heard by either Damien's group or Floyd group whoever gets to it first.

Short post for Megan was going to do Lin but decided to wait for more IC time to pass at the camp like people eating or sitting and conversing. As she has a bit of work to do at her own site with all the Gatr I don't want her returning too soon.

So, I finished reading Lord of the Flies. It was pretty good towards the end.

And now I can't help but think of a group of savage trainers that'll steal away Achilles (and possibly June, but considering she doesn't have an exposed flame, they'd prefer Achilles) for fire and continued survival. Of course, that'll probably not happen, but hey, cool thought, right?

And now I can't help but think of a group of savage trainers that'll steal away Achilles (and possibly June, but considering she doesn't have an exposed flame, they'd prefer Achilles) for fire and continued survival. Of course, that'll probably not happen, but hey, cool thought, right?
That's horrible man! Especially because I can see Cassie assisting them in getting the Monkey out of camp, and Delilah showing up speeding things right along. :D

Glad your all enjoying my Posts :)
Thank you for sharing your posts with us. :) I honestly do feel happy that Gerald and June are beginning to integrate into the group. It shows a whole new side of them that I find very refreshing. Still, the thought of June being followed around by levitating logs make me giggle each time, and it really makes me happy that she's concerned for Cassie, so thanks for that as well.

I hope some sparks will fly between the adorkable Gerald and timid Megan. ;)

Lets see Lin is waiting, Megan is posted, Mina is posted, Apollo is in limbo for now, Amara I am waiting for Lilly and Floyd to finish their fight although debating interfering I think the two of them have it though. Erejast unconscious and waiting to be tagged. Did I miss anyone? Guess I need to write Drake's nightmare at some point.

So I am interested in what people think of Nevashi now
Well...considering his father is literally the guy from the navy seals speech, soooo...
He's definitely more interesting now.
I hope some sparks will fly between the adorkable Gerald and timid Megan. ;)
Hopefully! I can imagine her disappointment though when he has a estranged little crush on Salem, but I don't imagine that growing past just that, a little crush...

Anyways, I'm excited to see what Cassie gets into next, and Aidinia too.

Hopefully! I can imagine her disappointment though when he has a estranged little crush on Salem, but I don't imagine that growing past just that, a little crush...
Aww poor Megan just can't catch a break can she? XD
Salem's powers of attraction are simply stupefying, and lucky for Gerald, they'll probably end up sharing the same hut. June should tease him about it.

Last edited:
Yep, so I just casually thought up an entire culture's courting and marriage system so the lolz. 8)
I'll have you all know that when I first gave Salem the ribbons on his arm they really were just a fashion statement, and something he could use to tie his hair back with. All of this sorta just... came to me. :p I hope you all enjoyed it as much, if not more than I did and I can't wait to see Gerald's response. :D

Hey, Astral? Out of curiosity, what are the Pokemon not in the character's possession doing? (Other than the ones that are being taken care by outer sources)
Are they being experimented on by Rocket, are they whittling down any sense of compassion or remorse in them to make the Pokemon killing machines without infecting them? Or are they just there, waiting for their trainers to return?