• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ye it would be cool to do. But I have to think about how to present them, and see if I can find some satisfying images.
Also did you see handsome I made Apollo? He may be a creep and a stalker, but damned if he doesn't look good doing it. :D

How's Loziana doing by the way, Astral? Burble told me he's kinda waiting on her, and maybe Megan to post something before he writes something again and we take it too far away from Aidinia. I'm planning my post after his'.

I don't remember if I specifically said that before, but yes. I made these using just some basic Photoshop.
You may get pestered with future photoshop questions Ny. I've simply been playing and figuring things out as I go lol. "Oh what's this do....oh nope not what I wanted..."

You may get pestered with future photoshop questions Ny. I've simply been playing and figuring things out as I go lol. "Oh what's this do....oh nope not what I wanted..."
That's what I'm doing as well. That's how you learn.
That said, it does help if you're familiar with what can be achieved so that you can search more specifically on how to do that, online.

That's what I'm doing as well. That's how you learn.
That said, it does help if you're familiar with what can be achieved so that you can search more specifically on how to do that, online.
That's how I've been learning html and bb coding. I got tired of not being able to do my own editing on some sites. Still got a lot to learn. But goggle fu has helped find some good guides lol

Photoshop is a bit hard, with being partly color blind I sometimes utterly miss what I really trying to achieve lol.

Hey Ny, super random question, was that Naruto OC character built from a base, like you worked off of it and made it into that? I checked out your DA bc, yenno, art, and I thought it was incredible

Hey Ny, super random question, was that Naruto OC character built from a base, like you worked off of it and made it into that?
Ye, that was originally character art for Millia Rage from the Guilty Gear franchise. I had only just gotten my hands on Photoshop back then so tried my hand at simple recoloring and drawing a bit. Not all the different from what I did for these coins really. I usually just make due with cutting and pasting things together until I get something I'm happy with. I rarely draw anything myself anymore.

Well f
Ye, that was originally character art for Millia Rage from the Guilty Gear franchise. I had only just gotten my hands on Photoshop back then so tried my hand at simple recoloring and drawing a bit.
Well, fantastic work, it's something I'd believe would be in the series, also another non topic question, why did you use mega evolutions for some of the portraits? No complaints, just curious if you knew or not haha

Well, fantastic work, it's something I'd believe would be in the series, also another non topic question, why did you use mega evolutions for some of the portraits? No complaints, just curious if you knew or not haha
I was actually aware of it. Besides it being very hard to miss the all caps titles of "MEGA!!" everywhere, the pokemon look visually different.

The reason I went for the the Mega Gardevoir is because I found the style and face fit really well with how I imagined Ecarte. Besides, Ecarte normally wears a maid outfit, so the black dress of the image just seemed acceptable to me.
As for the Mega Sceptile, I merely went with that because it looks more wild than regular Sceptile. I just thought that would fit the pokemon companion of savage, ex-ranger Lin quite well.

I was actually aware of it. Besides it being very hard to miss the all caps titles of "MEGA!!" everywhere, the pokemon look visually different.

The reason I went for the the Mega Gardevoir is because I found the style and face fit really well with how I imagined Ecarte. Besides, Ecarte normally wears a maid outfit, so the black dress of the image just seemed acceptable to me.
As for the Mega Sceptile, I merely went with that because it looks more wild than regular Sceptile. I just thought that would fit the pokemon companion of savage, ex-ranger Lin quite well.

*Shiny Mega Gardevoir.

Whoa...the hacking earlier just made me realize that I literally have no way to contact anyone outside of this site o-o if any of ya'll wanna add me on skype PM me and we'll exchange the info

Big difference between today's script kiddies and old school elite hackers.

So in reply to Ny that I tried to send earlier not bad on the villains. The stingers need something with bullet seed though and their are outer defense Units that are 5 man teams with magnetons. Also is that Mathew image from resident evil. Not sure what metagross is but I will have to look it up and he doesn't have one

Big difference between today's script kiddies and old school elite hackers.

So in reply to Ny that I tried to send earlier not bad on the villains. The stingers need something with bullet seed though and their are outer defense Units that are 5 man teams with magnetons. Also is that Mathew image from resident evil. Not sure what metagross is but I will have to look it up and he doesn't have one
the Mathew image does look like Wesker from RE if thats what you're asking

Whoa...the hacking earlier just made me realize that I literally have no way to contact anyone outside of this site o-o if any of ya'll wanna add me on skype PM me and we'll exchange the info
Personally I prefer using LINE, so anyone using that can add me, the more the merrier. I have Skype but make a point of using it a little as possible. There's good old email too of course. :)

I really didn't put too much thought into it. Initially I just wanted to see if I could make the 'red style' work for villains, and looked around for a bunch of mean looking Pokemon and soldiers. You'll notice that the names aren't too serious either, I just came up with something and slapped a story or excuse for them onto it after. :p

And ye Mathew is Albert Wesker from the RE franchise. I was thinking about looking for an evil blonde guy with red eyes and glasses and immediately I made the connection in my head and couldn't un-see it anymore. As for his Metagross, I have no idea what that is, but it looked pretty bad-ass and was the only one I had left by the end of the set, so Mathew got it. :D

I suppose we can talk about making this Rocket Coin Set and actual thing. We'd need to talk about their structure, their pokemon, and some notable individuals, but you may not want to spoil those things just for some silly Coins.

Post will be up sometime tonight.

Also, Metagross is a third gen Pokemon that is a Steel/Psychic type, and is a Pseudo-Legendary (Think Dragonite stats). It has the mental capacity of a super computer. Oddly enough it is based more on Attack than Special, which is uncommon for Psychic types.

Post will be up sometime tonight.

Also, Metagross is a third gen Pokemon that is a Steel/Psychic type, and is a Pseudo-Legendary (Think Dragonite stats). It has the mental capacity of a super computer. Oddly enough it is based more on Attack than Special, which is uncommon for Psychic types.
Thanks for the info, looking forward to your entry.

Also, Aren't Lily and Floyd lucky to have run into such weak Sevipers, must have been babies. :p
Good job on the emotion part though Curvykitten, I really enjoyed that since it added meaning and drama to an otherwise lighthearted encounter.

Uh, if you need help finding a tough looking Pokemon that knows Bullet Seed, I have a contender. Also from Gen. 3 is Breloom, a Grass/Fighting Pokemon (One of two I think) that is very versatile. With the aforementioned Bullet Seed, it can learn moves like Toxic, Mach Punch (Gets a higher priority over other moves regardless of speed), Spore (100% accuracy sleep move), Dynamic Punch (Powerful move with 100% confusion rate on hit), Stone Edge...and the list goes on. Perfect for a more up close stinger, as Breloom is designed to hit fast and hard.

Here's a picture.
150__project__breloom_by_edface-d42agos.jpg

* Added Abra
* Added Victreebel
* Added Magneton
* Changed Weezing
The thought of the Mantis' having an abra piggy backing onto their back or on their shoulder teleporting them around in a fight instantly came to mind when I saw they had them, and I dont know if it was intended that way or not haha