• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: A Summer's Break

Which of the newer Pokemon listed below is your favorite?

• Total voters
Chihiro searched the whole forest for her choice scarf. Then, she arrived at the rock. A Zoroark was holding it. She wanted to run, but she didnt. The Zoroark turned around, and teased Chihiro with the scarf. She entered battle. Chihiro used her attacks as many times as she could. Swift, tackle, wish, curse, and tried her best. The Zoroark had to faint. It was her only option to get the scarf back. Chihiro noticed how weak the Zoroark was. It's HP was almost down. One more hit. Chihiro used a final tackle to finish it off. She got her scarf back! And...she leveled up..! She was glad she got it back.

All of the sudden, she felt a rush of energy. As if she were evolving. After the process, she looked at her paws. Her legs were way more sleeker and there was a leaf on the side of her brown tipped paw. She was a Leafeon! Chihiro put on her scarf and happily walked back to the pool.

Aqua sweatdropped a bit. "So as long as they get their pay, they'll make sure Nicole's safe...Well as long as Luna's ok, I'm not complaining either!" she giggled before swimming around some more. "So what's your trainer like? Oh wait...did I already ask you that? Sorry I get so distracted I kinda tend to forget some things...atleast when I'm not with Nicole..." she sheepishly smiled.

Chihiro, the newly evolved Leafeon looked at the scarf Spectre was holding. It looked exactly like hers. She looked at the one on her neck, then at the other one. The other one had one small, food stain she remembered. She did that all for nothing.
"Y-yes...thank you!"

"Well, I don't remember if I told you this already, but Calypso is an awesome trainer who specializes in Water Type Pokemon. She even let me choose what I wanted to evolve into. So I could've picked something else. Probably would've if I didn't love water. I loved swimming even when I was an Eevee. It's how I met a Raichu named Toli. And oops, I'm getting off topic again." Honolulu said. Meanwhile. "You're welcome." Spectre told the Leafeon that had once been an Eevee moments before. The Mismagius nodded.

"U-um, I'll see you later, I guess"
Chihiro smiled awkwardly ask she started walking away. She was still in shock from evolving. She got that off of her mind and put her choice scarf on. As she was walking away she slipped again, and fell into the pool. Not again.

Aqua gasped with excitement. "I did too! Nicole and I would go to the beach just near our house almost everyday and go swimming and diving and play all kinds of fun games!" she squealed, jumping out of the water with joy. "Now that she's a marine biologist, It's like a dream come true for us! We explore the ocean, help humanity better understand it, make new and exciting discoveries, and learn tons of stuff!"

Chihiro started thrashing about in the water, trying to get to the surface. She couldn't swim well, even if she now did resist water. She tried her hardest to get to the surface, but she just kept getting closer, and closer to the bottom. She couldn't take it anymore. Chihiro had to breathe. Just once. She was on the surface of the water, struggling to keep up, and gasped for air. Instead of air, she got a mouthful of water. She was going down again. Then, she gave up. Her legs went limp. She was hoping she could regain energy soon.

"That's cool. I know a Wartortle who's trainer is a marine biologist. Of course I know almost nothing about it, which is weird." Honolulu said. Meanwhile, Lori looked down at the Leafeon that had fallen into the pool. "Do you need help?" the Braixen asked her. When the Leafeon didn't respond, Lori dove in and pulled the Leafeon out of the pool.

Chihiro wanted to respond, but couldn't. She was positive she would drown. She opened her eyes as she saw the Braixen staring from above. She shut her eyes, and sank deeper into the water. Just waiting to hit the bottom. She felt like she was falling in an endless pit. Chihiro wishes to become a water type. Just for now. This once, which is impossible. She had already gave up.

Chihiro opened her eyes, coughing up water. She was out of the pool, and on the floor. She couldn't think right now. She just kept coughing up the water. She lay, not moving her limbs. She was too tired to. She couldn't. Chihiro had been moving her legs around too much. She then looked up, finding the Braixen from before, soaked. 'Did she save me?' Chihiro was amazed. A Pokemon, a fire type did that. She wanted to thank the Braixen, but she couldn't speak. She was too tired to even talk.

"It's actually a weird yet funny story. I was swimming in a lake in Kanto when I saw Calypso and her then Wartortle, Max. I was curious, so I decided to go over to have a look. Calypso was so nice and didn't do anything to scare me off. She and Max were so friendly. Calypso asked me if I had a trainer, and when I shook my head no she asked me if I wanted to come with them. Something told me she would be a nice trainer to have, and I really liked her so I nodded my head yes. I have been with her ever since." Honolulu told Aqua. Meanwhile. "Are you okay? If you can't talk right now nod or shake your head please." Lori said to the Leafeon. 'Why does she seem familiar?' thought Lori. 'Could she have been the Eevee from before.'

As Pearl went to battle a Jolteon, she started to battle. She decided to use Flamethrower, as the Jolteon used Thunder Wave. Flamethrower striked first, but when she tried to used Flamethrower again, she was paralyzed. The Jolteon responded with Thunderbolt, but then Pearl stopped being paralyzed. She countered with Flame Burst, and it hit Jolteon with a big burst of flames. The Jolteon went back with Iron Tail, but somehow Pearl jumped in the air to dodge and shot a Sunny Day, followed by Solar Beam. Jolteon took alot of dmage, almost to faint. But Jolteon shot a Thunder Wave quickly, and paralyzed Pearl for a second time. She only moved her head, and somehow got out. She finished Jolteon with a swift Flame Burst.

Chihiro nodded her head slowly. She realized it was that Braixen from before! She wishes she could say thank you, but couldn't. It seemed the Braiden knew that. Chihiro was on low HP. It felt a Kyogre used Water Spout on her. Chihiro was glad she was even alive right now. She slowly gained the strength to say
"Thank you."
She then started to get drowsy. Chihiro started falling asleep, regaining health by using synthesis in the sun.

Aqua nodded with interest. "That's nice! That's actually kinda how Luna met us! Though...we were about to become bug Pokemon food...It was our first stop during her high school field trip to explore the Beya region as a rookie trainer along with the rest of her grade. I think it was called...Florinda Town. Anyway, she got her Pokedex and Pokeballs and then she had to sit through a speech or something but both Nicole and a friend of hers wanted to sneak out and catch some Pokemon! So we did and after some searching in the field, Nicole and I were surrounded by these Bug type pokemon called Slimvae. Then Luna appeared and helped me fight them off. And the rest is kinda history!" she chuckled.

"You're welcome." Lori whispered after the Leafeon fell asleep. She smiled at the sight. Meanwhile. " That's pretty cool. I didn't really know Luna at first, I just knew she needed help, so I did. So she helped you fight off bug Pokemon, huh. You all must have been glad that happened. So what can you tell me about the Beya region?" Honolulu said to Aqua.

Aqua smiled. "The Beya region? Oooh! It's an interesting region with tons of Pokemon only found there! Nicole's other teammate is a Beya Pokemon. A Lullamera named Aria. The Pokedex labels them as the 'Siren' Pokemon with charming voices. They're water and dark type so that's cool! Aria's a nice friend too! She loves to sing though she can be a bit snobbish and stubborn. A few times she even tried to charm Nicole but somehow it always backfired on her!" She paused then realized her train of thought was derailing again. "OH! Sorry! Off-topic! Anyways, the Beya region! It's four islands connected by bridges and the main island is home to the most active city, Majestad City! On the outskirts is a huge area with lots of climates from snow to beach to volcano to meadow! Nicole says scientists don't really know how so many environments can exist in such a tight spot but it's cool cause it draws in hundreds of Pokemon from all over! It's a trainer's paradise!" she exclaimed.

"Definitely a place Calypso'd want to go to. She'd probably ride on a Water type Pokemon to get there. Though which one I don't know. Anyways, maybe we'll at least stop by for a visit, see the sights, Pokemon, and you guys." Honolulu said. She smiled at Aqua. This vacation was pretty awesome.

Goldie nodded "Of course I will back you up. C'mon, Violet is Violet, confessing your feeling towards her is the best option in my book" He said, moving out the way so Icarus could come out.

Violet smiled at Sylvery "I brought you up, you almost fell from heaven" She said, winking at Sylvery.

"Yeah, same to you." Honolulu said to Aqua. Lori decided she should dry off. She found a towel, dried off, then wondered what she could do next. Since the collars had been on her mind since she had first seen them, she decided to drop by Icarus, Violet, Sylvery, and the kids' room. Once she got there she knocked on the door of Room 120.

Chihiro woke up with fully restored HP. The Braixen wasn't in sight. She was still amazed at what the Braixen had done. It must've been pretty strong to withstand so much water. Chihiro got up slowly, her thin legs shaking. She walked upstairs to her room, and unlocked the door. Her scarf was soaked, and so was she. After drying off and washing her scarf, she sat down oh her bed, in the empty room.

Aria hadn't contacted Chihiro at all during the Leafeon's trip, even if the trip was far from done . She felt empty. Without her teammates, Skar and Chika, she felt even lonelier. She stared at the five empty beds in the room. 'There could've been a whole team in here. Not just one Pokemon. Why can't Aria stop thinking about herself for once?' Chihiro started drifting off into deep thoughts again, and for a while, she kept thinking. At least she survived the past couple days at the resort. She didn't find it too bad. It was actually pretty nice. She also liked the Pokemon here. They weren't scary, mean ones like other trainers have. They help her out. Chihiro was glad Aria hadn't picked her up yet. She was having fun here.

Aqua smiled. "So...what's the strongest Pokemon you've ever fought?" she asked, starting to run out of topics to keep things going. "I think mine was a Razark, another Beya Pokemon. Kinda like a Sharpedo but with a long tail tip and incredibly sharp fins," she said to the other Vaporeon

Icarus shivered as he got up, extremely scared for what was about to take place. He crept over to where Violet was. "Vio, I... I lo- AH!"

He jumped behind Goldie as a knocking sound came from the door. He ducked under the table and sat there, shivering like a maniac. "G-G-Goldie, would you p-please get the door?" He asked the Jolteon, his voice extremely high pitched, and a red color growing redder with every passing second.

He plugged his nose to prevent the stereotypical nosebleed from occuring. He saw it in the manga books that Violet reads, and he certainly didn't think it was very pleasant. Still plugging his nose, he ducked under his own tail, lying down under the table and shivering.

Goldie went over to the door and opened it "Sorry, but we are very busy right now" He said, casting a annoyed glance at the visitor. Before she could say anything, he slammed the door closed. "Icarus, tell her" He said, gesturing at Violet with his ear.

Violet raised her head and smiled at Goldie, then turned and giggled at Icarus. "What's the problem?" She asked.

Chihiro sat on her bed, staring at the ceiling, while blowing the leaf on her head away from her face. No matter what, it kept tilting back down onto her nose. It was hard to see with it. She liked being a Leafeon, but it had its downsides. At least others don't mistake her for a child anymore. But now she was weak to ice, poison, fire, bug, AND flying. It scared her. She can win more, but loose more. Every Pokemon has its own weakness anyways.

Chihiro was tired of playing with the leaf, so she walked down to get some food. The leaf kept going down, covering one of her eyes every step she took. It bothered her, but she tried to ignore it. She went up to the counter and got some mint Poke puffs. Those were her favorite kind. After eating, she decided to sit outside at the pool, on a chair. Her chlorophyll ability activated as she lay there in the sun.

Icarus would've deadpanned at Goldie's actions, but he was too embarrassed to do so. He got up, still shaking, and still very red. "Violet... Vio... I-I... lo... l-lo... GOLDIE. HELP."

He couldn't say it. His mind wouldn't let him express his feelings. He didn't get why. Tears streamed down one side of his face, and the other side threatened the same. It was stressful, and painful, and overall not very fun to have these feelings bottled up. He really wanted to express them, but he couldn't. He ran to Goldie and hid behind him.

"Hawlucha,I think. Flying and Fighting type, very tricky to beat. The one I fought was pretty powerful." Honolulu said to Aqua. Meanwhile, Lori heard what was going on through the door that had been shut in her face. "C'mon Icarus, you can do it." Lori yelled through the door, trying to somewhat give him a pep talk through the door.

Chihiro heard yelling coming from the resort. It sounded like...a pep talk? She thought it was strange, but a bit funny. She started walking until she found the same Braixen she saw before, yelling at a door. Room 120. She must be talking to someone, would be the most likely answer.
"Um...what's going on?"

"Icarus is trying to tell Violet he loves her but is having a really hard time." Lori whispered to the Leafeon, who she recognized as the one she had rescued earlier. "One of his kids shut the door on me, so I didn't want to intrude. That's why I'm trying to give him a pep talk through the door." she continued.

Chihiro thought about all of that, then nodded. This was strange to her. She always found love strange
"Why can't he just tell her?"
Chihiro tilted her head in confusion. It seemed like a simple thing to say. He could just say 'I love you' and it's over. The stress would be relived.

"If I've heard right, he wants to say it, but he's having a hard time getting the words out. She's his teammate, but that hasn't made the situation any easier for the poor guy, I'm sure. Love can make you do strange things. I'm not quite sure if I'll ever understand that on a personal level." Lori said to Chihiro.

Chihiro understood the situation better now. She knocked on the door, wanting to talk to Icarus.
"I don't know him, and I've never been in a relationship, b-but maybe I could try to help him?"
Chihiro wanted to help Icarus out. She wanted to help Violet too. She loosened her scarf and blew the leaf out of her face, which tilted back over one eye. She knocked once more.

Syvery tilted her head at Icarus trying to confess something. When she saw the tears come out however, Syvery's smile disappeared. She walked over to Icarus slowly with a concerned look on her face and patted him lightly on the back. Syvery was usually quite happy or scared of others, but she hated to see others cry. A quiet hum came from her ribbons as Syvery quietly watched Icarus. While other may have thought this was funny, she didn't at all. She heard another Pokémon shout from the other side of the door, but she shook it off. She felt that her usual aura wasn't strong enough to comfort the Flareon. Wishing she could help, she concentrated hard, coating the room's floor and walls with a pink mist. She had created a successful Misty Terrain instead of a fog that just got sucked up by air conditioning every couple of minutes. She rubbed the Flareon lightly before backing up.

Why is he crying? Did we do something?

Syvery looked at Icarus and Vio before retreating to her safe spot, under the bed.

Last edited:
Cheers came from the opposite side of the door, and Icarus didn't initially know how to feel about them, but Syvery's humming and Misty Terrain calmed him down significantly. He slowly got up again and walked to Violet, not before giving Syvery a thank you bow. It was time. This is it. I gotta say it. If I don't it'll haunt me, and plus, Goldie's right. It would be best if I said it. Icarus had a mini pep talk in his mind, accompanied by the actual pep talk from beyond the door. It really was time.

He stood below Violet's position on the bed, wiping his tears away pretty much completely. Arceus, I look like a wimp... Icarus thought, somewhat muttering it. He cleared his throat and smiled at Violet, the maddeningly red blush now simply a normal one. "Vio, we've been teammates for a while, and now I wanna say..." he began to confess, his blushing slightly increasing once again. "Vio, I... I love you." He said, semi-quietly.

If felt like a thousand weights were lifted off of his shoulder. His feelings were out there; it was done. Now all that was left was to figure out how she'd take it. A single tear formed in his eye, but he still kept smiling. Goldie, Syvery, and the now-unknown voices beyond the door actually assisted him in revealing his feelings, and if all went well, he'd owe all of them something huge...

Syvery tilted her head at what Icarus had said. She had heard it before in movies but she never actually heard it in Pokemon. Syvery's smile returned once she saw Icarus smile. The Sylveon relaxed, with her aura returning to the mild breeze. The Misty Terrain however, stayed. She poked at the pink screen as light clouds floated up.
"Eep!" Syvery heard another knock, causing her to hide in the blanket under the bed that she had dragged under before.

Last edited:
"He did it. I wonder if he'll let us in. If you still want to go in that is. They're pretty nice." Lori spoke to Chihiro. In her mind she breathed a sigh of relief. She was happy for the Flareon.

Goldie sighed "Mom, Icarus loves you" He said, then moved out the way and pointed at Icarus with his ear. 'Sorry Icarus, but you have to go on from here' Goldie thought, not realising that he said that in Icarus' mind.

Violet's mouth hung open in shock, she turned and looked at Icarus. "Is it true?" She asked, her eyes filling with hope.

"Entirely, yes Vio."

Icarus' face grew redder and redder with every passing moment. He noted the fact that Goldie had spoken in his mind, and nodded to him before walking forward shakily. He hopped up onto the bed, using his paw to close Violet's gaping mouth, and also to tilt her head towards him. "I love you, Vio. D-do you love me back?" He confirmed, hoping her response to his question was something along the lines of "yes."

The nervous shaking stopped, but in his mind, he was practically all over the place. He kept his cool on the outside, but his mental state was everything but calm. He was overjoyed at his ability to speak, and he really did owe everyone... although he didn't really know who the 'everyone' consisted of, considering Goldie had closed the door. Once he was done here, maybe he would open it, unless Goldie decided to. Fixing his stutter, or so he hoped, he repeated his question. "Vio, do you love me back?" He asked with a confident yet hopeful smile.

Violet's eyes lit up like lamps. 'Of course I do!' She exclaimed in Icarus' head, to overjoyed to say it out loud...so everyone could here. 'I'm glad you fixed that stutter, doe' She said again in his head, moving so she could sit up and then pressing her nose against his.

Goldie smiled lightly at the scene that was playing, but then averted his eyes to Freddy, who was bow standing beside him. "Dad, I'm still gonna bite chu" He said, stepping forward. "So after this scenario, you better run" He said, Freddy also doing the same with a bit of jealously glinting in his eyes.