• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: A Summer's Break

Which of the newer Pokemon listed below is your favorite?

• Total voters
"Oh-ok..." Pearl said, watching her go. She went to the cafe to get some some strawberry pokepuffs from the cafe. She then decided to go to the pool to hang out in the sun, as she sat on the chair and watched the pokemon swim. She wanted to learn how to swim, but she was a fire type. She was strong in battle, but she looked so weak outside of battle outside of her pokeball. The reason why she was weak outside of battle is due to being shy. She is basically a better pokemon in training, battle, and showcases.

Aqua smiled. "Another me! Cool!!" she giggled, joking. "Hi Honolulu! I'm Aquamarine but everyone just calls me Aqua for short!" she gasped. "Hey! We may look the same but there's a way to tell us apart! I have a friendship necklace that my trainer gave me! It's got an aquamarine stone!" she smiled before swimming around in the pool some more then coming back up. "So who's you're trainer? Are you pretty close? I'm pretty close with mine! We're practically sisters!" she giggled.

Syvery giggled as she posed for the final move before the song went quiet. She felt energetic and jumpy with excitement. She watched the results roll from the side of the screen.

New high score!: 984723/1000000
Please Insert Your Name Here

Syvery tilted her head slightly confused, pushing in her name. Lights flashed from her name and the new score was now on the top. Letting out a happy sigh, she turned around to see that the group of Pokemon had gotten much bigger. Some of them were shocked while others were angry. Syvery felt a wave of realization and she felt light headed. She quickly jumped off the Platform and ran out of the room with the machine beeping in the distance as she ran out of view and jumped back into the air vent. Syvery laughed as she skipped in the airways. She could be herself when she was alone. The air blew gently as she walked, letting her ribbons flow constantly behind her. She walked with her eyes closed until she heard the splashing of waves. Looking down, she saw the large pool. Syvery observed in awe before she realized that this was the end of the air vent. Syvery lay down on the edge of the air vent and listened to the quiet waves and the splashing of water.

"My trainer is Calypso Tide. And we're pretty close. I've made friends with All of the starter Pokemon she's had in the regions I've traveled through with her." she smiled at Aqua. "I'm with Team Riptide, and Calypso gave me this waterproof bracelet that I'm wearing is another thing that can help tell us apart." Honolulu nodded at Aqua. "Hi Icarus." she said, turning to the Flareon.

She saw a orange sparkle somewhere near the exit of the pool to the resort. Pearl decided to go after it. It beamed with the brightest light went she got closer to the stone. "Is this a Fire Stone?" she asked herself curiously. She went closer and closer, and she touched it. A white glow went brightly around her. She was evolving! She went got out of the white glow. She had nine tails with red eyes. "Did I just evolve?" she asked herself. She looked at herself in the mirror near her. "Wow. I just did! I kind of miss my old style, but I love my new self!" she said happily.

Syvery had fallen asleep while inside the air vents. The constant blow of wind eventually made Syvery's ribbon fall and dangle off the edge. Syvery nearly woke up but the warmth had quickly brought her back to sleep. Little did she know, the wind was getting stronger as Syvery drifted slowly. Even though it was small, it was noticeable. Syvery was slowly starting to be pushed off the edge.

Pearl glanced in the wind as her tails moved gracefully in the wind. She glanced at the other pokemon. She went back in the hotel, and she decided to go to the battle arena. She was prepared to fight, and she trained at the arena, waiting for someone to battle her in a match. She was prepared to fight anyone she wanted to.

Icarus watched the two Vaporeons chatting away with confusion. Deciding he had heard enough, he sneaked backwards until he was once again beside Violet and the children. He smiled at the children with a huge grin, but when he looked at Violet, his large smile was accompanied by a crimson blush. He giggled awkwardly and looked down at his paws, his smile fading. Gah, stupid, just speak to her! C'mon, she's Vio! You've spoken to her before, you idiot! He thought as he tried coming up with a conversation topic. "U-uh... lovely weather we're having?" He said, instantly regretting it as he facepalmed mentally.

"Icarus, what is it- Sylvery!" Violet exclaimed when she noticed Sylvery was about to fall off the edge of the vent. She used psychic to lift her up and she brought her down to the ground beside her. "Anywho, like I was saying, I know that you want to tell me something and you tell me a most everything" She reminded, petting the sleeping Sylvery with one of her tails.

Goldie's ear twitched and he ran to the pool, but then he returned to his mother's side in a flash. Freddy lay down beside Sylvery and watched Goldie run around like the mad Pokèmon he is.

Syvery let out a yawn before shivering. She felt the heat of the vent had been replaced with cold. Syvery was about to open her eyes but she felt something brush against her head. Syvery let out a small purr before curling she stretched out and curled once more, still thinking that she was inside of the air vent.

Icarus felt slightly better when Syvery came into the situation - er, rather, was levitated into the situation. She was still asleep, but she seemed to give off a calm aura no matter what she was doing. Still, telling Violet exactly what was on his mind seemed like one of the worst ideas he had ever come up with. Instead, he diverted the subject from that. "Say, Vio, have you met Aquamarine? She's a Vaporeon like Honolulu! I thought they were the same, but they aren't..." He said with an awkward laugh, followed by a blush and a quick head turn to face away from Violet.

Idiot, now she's gonna think I'm hiding things! Gah! Icarus thought in regret once again. Why couldn't he talk to Violet anymore? This love stuff is turning my mind against the idea of talking to her... I gotta fix this!... But who even would I tell, if not Vio?...

'Love? Who do you love? Tell me!' Violet almost screamed in Icarus' mind. She sat down and nodded at Aquamarine "Yeah, I have" She said, acting casually, but absolutely freaking out in her mind. 'Who does he love?! I know he's the king of blushes but still!' She thought in her own mind, sighing softly.

"WAIT! YOU JUST- UH... I..."

Icarus panicked and ran back to his room, his face redder than ever before. He hid in the shower of the bathroom, refusing to come out. She read my mind! She read my mind, and now she knows! I can't even - what do I do!? His mind raced with thoughts along those lines. He felt humiliated, and now he had no clue what to do, what to say. Violet knew, and now he was freaking out. He sat in the shower, shaking with anxiety, his tail peeking out of the shower curtain.

Goldie peeked in the shower, he had followed Icarus while Violet slowly brought Freddy and Sylvery to the room. "Hey, you alright? You kinda just up and left like that" He said, sitting down and sighing.

Violet opened the door with psychic and then levitated Sylvery onto her bed, set her down and pulled the blankets over her whole body. Freddy jumped don't Violet's bed and fell asleep. Violet made her way to the bathroom quietly and eavesdropped on Goldie and Freddy.

Goldie's appearance startled Icarus, the red still ever present on his face. "Goldie, listen, it's... uh... um," Icarus tried to explain the situation to Goldie, "it's something that you wouldn't exactly understand..."

Oh my Arceus, how in the entire world would I explain to Goldie, Violet's SON, that I like his mother!? Like, not friend like, but... GRAHH! This is so stressful I don't understand! Icarus thought, his shaking increasing. "Yea, Goldie, you wouldn't get it. That's it! It's a thing, a thing you wouldn't get. At all." He told the Jolteon with a fake smile.

Icarus achieved new shades of red in his blush as Goldie figured it out instantly. He ducked down and hid himself with his tail. He couldn't hide this from him, he knew more than Violet did at this point. He nodded slowly, not looking Goldie in the eyes - or looking at anything really. His eyes were closed from the embarrassment of being figured out so fast by a child. His nervous shaking toned down a bit, but he was still shivering. He mustered up enough courage to physically speak. "W-what do I do?" He asked him, his voice squeaky and higher pitched than normal.

"Tell her, I mean, it wouldn't hurt to try!" He exclaimed, smiling brightly at Icarus. Goldie placed a paw in Icarus' head comfortingly and sighed. "It won't do if you hide it" He added.

Violet had gotten bored quite awhile back and she was reading another Sailor Moon comic. 'Males will be males' She thought, shrugging.

"B-but... she could say no, or she could laugh at me, or she's think it was a joke, or she could just ignore me, or... or..."

Icarus was about to enter another state of panic, but Goldie put his paw on his head, comforting him. This coming from the once Eevee who bit him every chance he got. It felt kind of nice to Icarus, like Goldie had finally warmed up to him. He smiled reassuringly at the Jolteon. "If I were going to tell her, will you be there to back me up? Arceus knows I might panic a bit..." He said, sweatdropping and rubbing his ears nervously.

Chihiro looked at the huge resort as her trainer followed. She was terrified. So many Pokemon were going to be there, and she didn't like that. Her trainer, Aria dropped her off without saying a word. Why didn't she drop off anyone else? Chihiro didn't bother to ask. She quietly walked up to the resort and entered. There were too many Pokemon for her liking. Then, she heard a high pitched voice talking to her.
"Hey there, need the keys to your room?"
Asked a Klefki at the front desk. Chihiro nodded her head and dashed off to her room. Room 251.

After unpacking, Chihiro thought about what she could do to pass the time. She didn't have her friends here, or anything in her bag to use for the next hours. Then, Chihiro looked out her window and saw a huge pool. Maybe I could spend time there? She asked herself.

Chihiro walked downstairs and went to the pool. So many Pokemon! Most of them were fully evolved too. It was embarassing, seeing how she was still an Eevee. Everyone back in Johto treated her like a child. She wasn't. Chihiro couldn't evolve into an Umbreon, Espeon or Sylveon, due to lack of friendship, or love in Pokemon Amie. There wasn't an Icy or Mossy rock near her region, and Aria doesn't have any stones. Chihiro tried to stay hidden, and curled up near the pool. She watched the waves come to her paws, as she looked at her relfection.

Last edited:
Syvery yawned and opened her eyes. She couldn't see anything! Sitting up, she started walking around. She couldn't seem to get anywhere! Letting out a nervous sigh, she kept walking until she realized that the ground below was squishy! She jumped and realized that she was on a bed. She giggled to herself before finding the exit. She looked around at the bright room. Vio was reading, Icarus and Goldie were...
Syvery looked at the two, slightly confused before looking back to Vio. "W-wait, how did I get here..?" Syvery asked, tilting her head. The last thing she remembered was being inside of the vent. She then noticed Freddy sleeping on the bed. Syvery smiled and pet him with her ribbon before looking up to Vio.

Chihiro woke up at the edge of the pool. The sky was dark, and full of stars. Chihiro got up to stretch, but accidentally slipped and fell into the pool. 'Great. Just great' she thought. She was soaked, and so was her scarf. She had to go to her room and dry off. She got out of the pool, and shuddered due to the freezing water, and walked over to the door.

Chihiro pulled on the handle once. Twice. Three times. Then she pushed the door handle. Locked. None of the employees must've noticed her at the water. She started banging on the door, waiting for someone to unlock it. The halls were empty, and Chihiro was freezing. She started thinking of ways to get in. The window? Breaking the door down? No. She'd get kicked out. Chihiro couldn't wait all night. She sat at the door, waiting for a response...

Honolulu grinned at Aqua. "I had a Gyrados on my team in Kanto named Neptune. Named after the Roman god of the sea. He's kind of hard to miss because he has a waterproof tie dye colored band near his tail fin. I don't know if it was him or Calypso that picked that color, but hey, it makes him easier to tell apart from all the other Gyrados out there. Oops, I kinda got off topic there." she giggled.

Chihiro got up, and found a towel. It was wet and used, but it was good enough. She picked up the towel and dried off. Then, she set it on one of the chairs, and got comfortable. She started drifting off to sleep, hoping the door would open tomorrow...

Aqua giggled as well. "Where have you been all my life, new best friend?" she questioned jokingly. "Hey! Wanna join me? The water's nice and I don't mind a swim buddy! I love the water!" she exclaimed, continuing her swimming.

"So do I. It's why I choose to evolve into a Vaporeon instead of something else. And of course I'll join you. I haven't had a swim here since the time I slipped and fell in after I first got here." Honolulu said. She smiled at Aqua then jumped into the pool.

Chihiro woke up to hearing splashing. She glanced over to see a Pokemon swimming in the pool. That must've meant the door was open! But she was freezing. Chihiro was glad she wasn't a Glaceon. It must me cold being an ice type. Water types must love water, so she didn't want to be a Vaporeon either. But it didn't matter. Aria was the one who would choose Chihiro's final evolution. Chihiro shuddered at the fact.

She started thinking deeply about her final evolution. Sometimes she didn't even want to evolve. She just wanted a new trainer. Hopefully Aria would release her. Chihiro hated battling. She just didn't enjoy it. Enemies always have tricks and strategies that Chihiro never takes time to think about. If she became a stronger, evolved Pokemon, she would also gain more weaknesses, and worries.she was so lost in thought, she forgot about going to her room to warm up. It didn't matter. The sun was beaming down on her anyways. Chihiro watched as the other Pokemon played happily...

Aqua beamed with pure joy as she splashed around and swam about with her new friend. "Yay!" she exclaimed, diving under and swimming circles around Honolulu. "Hey! Have you met my teammate Luna? She's a Gardevoir with a cool mega necklace thingy. She's pretty powerful too!"

Lori saw an Eevee in a chair. "Were you locked out or something?" the Braixen asked. She hadn't seen this Eevee before. 'Maybe she's new here.' Lori thought. "Actually I have. I helped her out earlier today. I think it was today, anyways." Honolulu said.

Chihiro looked up at the Braixen, who asked her a question.
"U-um, yes..."
She was surprised a fire type was at the pool. She was also surprised to see a Pokemon that wasn't fully evolved. At least she wasn't the only one.
"I-I should get going to my room now..."

Aqua wasn't really paying attention to outside the pool. More towards her new bestie. "You have? Helped her? With what? I'm gonna guess emotional stuff? She's really protective of my trainer, Nicole...actually maybe even more protective than most Gardevoir. Ever since the field trip around our home region, she's always been on high alert." Aqua sighed, though instead of air, it was bubbles. "I wonder if she'll ever have fun like Aria and I..."

Aria. Once Chihiro heard that name, she darted off to her room. On the way there, she discovered a poster. It said something about a forest at the resort or something. Maybe she would go there after. But Chihiro went to her room first and took a nice, warm shower. It was very relaxing. Then, she put on her choice scarf, and went out to the forest.

"Yeah it was emotional stuff. I calmed her down and made sort of a deal with her. If you saw two Wingulls follow Nicole around, that's why. It's not the first time I've dealt with an overprotective Pokemon, and it won't be the last." Honolulu told Aqua. Meanwhile, Lori noticed how the Eevee had run when she heard the name Aria, which she guessed was also the name of the Eevee's trainer. The Braixen wondered why the Eevee didn't like her trainer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chihiro went outside, and found the entrance to the forest. She loosened her scarf a bit, because of the weather. It was unusually hot outside today. It felt like someone was using sunny day. But it was good enough for Chihiro. She stepped into the forest and lay on the mossy rock in the centre of it. It was soft, and cool to the touch, yet warm at the same time.

Chihiro started drifting off into thought again, until she heard something. Rustling in the grass. It must've been a wild Pokemon. Chihiro didn't want to fight, but she was starving, and it was getting pretty hot outside. She loosened her scarf again, and ran as fast as she could, past the wild Pokemon. Once she got to the cafe in the hotel, she was sweating. She stretched out, and sighed of relief. Then, she noticed something. Her scarf was gone! Chihiro had to go back to the forest to get it. She didn't want to, but she had to. Aria would be angry, and she liked her scarf. She ran to the entrance of the forest, ready to go back in...

"Is this what you were going to go back for?" Spectre asked gently. He held the scarf out to the Eevee. Meanwhile."Yeah, I did. They're friends of mine. Willing to help, but if they can get food too it is also to their benefit." Honolulu told Aqua.

Last edited by a moderator: