• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: A Summer's Break

Which of the newer Pokemon listed below is your favorite?

• Total voters
Pearl jumped in happiness that she won. She went to the lobby, and she sat down, boringly. She wasn't with any friends, and she layed down in horror. She gave a serious frown on her face. She just didn't look at ANYTHING.

Spectre was looking around to see want he wanted for breakfast when he saw them. 'Doughnuts.' the Mismagius thought happily. He picked out three of them and put them on his plate.

Chihiro looked over to see the Mismagius that had helped her out a couple days ago. She was pretty sure he was leaving soon, which slightly disappointed her. Ghost types were always intruiging to Chihiro, and this one caught her attention. She wanted to get to know him, and maybe become his friend?

"Um, hi. Im Chihiro. I don't know if you'd remember, but you helped find my choice scarf. I never really got to thank you, but thanks for that."

She smiled at him. Chihiro didn't really interact with him when he gave her scarf back. She wanted to properly thank him.

Luna came back to the table, levitating dozens of Pokepuffs, including a few pink ones for her friend. "I brought some for you, Aqua. Please, eat up!" she happily offered.

The Vaporeon sighed before taking a bite of Pokepuff and immediately perking up again. "MMMM!!!! These are delicious!!" she exclaimed before digging in.

Goldie stopped tickling Icarus and smiled "That's payback for not listening to me AND Freddy" He said, puffing his chest out. He lay beside the literal breathless Violet and closed his eyes.

Freddy stopped tickling Icarus but then jumped off the bed and went to Sylvery. He crawled in the blanket and tried to tickle her.

Violet stopped laughing and gasped for air, her breathing finally calming down. "What a wag to tell someone 'I love you'" She muttered, closing her eyes.

Syvery saw the blanket open, noticing something fuzzy and brown enter the blanket. Slightly drowsy from the darkness, she rose her head. "W-whos there?" Syvery murmured with a slight amount of fear before she felt something brush against her stomach. She giggled uncontrollably as she rolled around. "S-Stop, t-that tickles!" Syvery said, before she started laughing. She took used her ribbons trying to push Freddy off of her.

"You're welcome. My name is Spectre, it's nice to meet you Chihiro." The Mismagius smiled. "I haven't seen you here before, did you get here recently?" he asked her. Meanwhile, Lori and Forrest had fallen asleep in the doorway of Room 120.

Icarus slowly got up, still panting due to the energy used up in the massive tickle fest. Syvery was being dragged into it by Freddy, but Goldie and Violet stopped, and so did he. He looked around the room, and noticed two things: The door was open, and there were two sleeping Pokemon in the doorway. Immediately, his face went red. Th-they were watching us!? He thought in shock. Instead of losing his mind, however, he shook it off. He didn't care anymore about others watching him and Violet. Sure, it initially embarrassed him, but he got over it.

She actually loved him back.

Tired from the energy he used up in his 'playtime', he flopped next to Violet, and with a final "I love you, Vio," he drifted off into sleep.

"Love ya too, ya big goofball" She said semi-sarcastically. Violet fell asleep after that, exhausted from the tickle fest that happened only minutes ago.

Goldie rolled onto his back and pushed his paws in the air, yawning and then falling asleep in the same position, his paw still high in the sky.

Freddy moved away from Sylvery and lay down, still under the blanket. He yawned and then closed his eyes, but not falling asleep just yet.

Forrest and Lori woke up. They entered the room. Lori turned to Freddy. "Since everyone's asleep but you, we'll come back later." she said. Lori and Forrest headed to the cafe to get breakfast.

Syvery breathed heavily as she tried to regain her breath. Small giggles still escaped from her mouth before she let out a sigh. She listened to the other Pokemon speak and waited until she thought they had left. Syvery carefully lifted the blanket, trying her best to not disturb the Eevee beside her. Feeling the cold air, she shivered as she stood up and closed the door gently, turning the lights off as well. She then walked back and sat next to Freddy. Syvery let out a yawn and waited. When Syvery thought Freddy had fallen asleep, she stood up. The glass sliding door made a small thud as Syvery sat down on the balcony. She stared towards the beach, deep in thought. She lifted her paw to look at the faint X shaped mark on her wrist before looking back at Icarus, Vio, and Goldie all sleeping peacefully. She let out a quiet sigh before she fiddled with her flower crown as she hummed out into the resorts gardens.

Last edited:
Toli and Flicker woke up and went to get breakfast. Once they had arrived, they bumped into Orion and Honolulu. Lori and Forrest arrived seconds after the Raichu and the Pyroar. They picked up plates for themselves. Lori went to get some pancakes to put on her plate and Forrest went to see if there were any pokepuffs.

Pearl just went to her room (room 256) and she layed down on her bed, and slept. She was bored of doing nothing. She couldn't wait until her trainer was back. She questioned herself in her sleep, "I see alot of Pokemon having fun. Should I join them?" Pearl asked herself.

"Whew. I feel much better," Freedom said to himself, no longer holding his stomach from the aches and pains. Sliding off the bench on which he had been sitting for a few minutes, the Butterfree decided to give his wings a well-deserved break, walking down the path instead of flying over. Taking his time, he didn't even notice Naya and that Pancham from earlier standing not too far away from the entrance to the main lobby. They seemed to be in the middle of a conversation, so he headed another way. Wondering where he should go, since most of his time had been spent in the garden, courtyard, or jungle area, Freedom strolled from room to room, seeing what the hotel resort had to offer. Swimming? No, I've had enough water for a day. Hotel rooms? Not tired. Cafe? Can I stomach food right now? Probably. Having little experience walking, seeing as he hadn't done it since he were a Caterpie, the butterfly-esque Pokemon stumbled into the food-filled room. He spotted a rather familiar-looking group of Pokemon, but decided to see if they approached him instead of the other way around. So, without anyone to talk to at the moment, Freedom grabbed a plate and began to fill it with food.

Icarus woke up eventually, completely refreshed. He slowly opened his eyes, and much like in the ER, he was centimeters away from Violet's face. This time, however, he didn't blush... as much. It was barely noticeable, but it was there. He rubbed her nose with his gently before getting up. His stomach rumbled quietly, so Icarus knew he had to get food. Rather than going out to the main hall, something he normally did, he decided to eat what they already had in the fridge by way of leftovers. Using his psychic collar, he levitated out a sandwich of unknown contents and bit into it.

Almost instantly, he regretted it. It was tuna fish, something Icarus didn't exactly like. He swallowed what he had in his mouth before putting the sandwich back and grabbing a berry. The berry he happened to grab was a pinecone-shaped one, the one from earlier. It was a Petaya Berry. Icarus tried ripping it apart, and upon doing so, he put one half into the fridge and brought the other with him back to the bed. It smelled quite... different, but he thought it was worth a taste. Hesitantly, he brought it to his mouth - only to regret it again. It was bitter at first, then it increased flavor in the spice department, much to Icarus' dismay. Despite being a fire type, he disliked spicy foods. Like a cannon, he spit out what was in his mouth into the trashcan, fanning at his mouth. "Owowowow, hot, spicy, ow!" He whispered to himself, frantically looking around the room for something to drink, or at least something to soothe the burning pain... which reminded him of the lotion that he still had to apply.

Without thinking, he groaned audibly, covering his mouth after doing so. I don't wanna wake them up yet, they were sleepy... He thought, panting now from heat rather than exhaustion. Not wanting to create any more noise, he simply sat on the bed, fanning at his open mouth in an attempt to soothe the spicy burning pain while thinking about how much he hated that lotion stuff that he was forced to apply.

Syvery looked back to see Icarus awake and . She stepped back inside of the hotel room. Syvery, still in a slight daze, reached into the open fridge and withdrew a bottle of water that had been sitting in the fridge. She placed the water next to Icarus but she had a confused look on her face. She stopped for a moment before walking over and sitting at the beds leg.
"Hey Icarus, can I ask you a question?" She said looking up. She wasn't smiling, but almost looked sad in a way.
"What's it like to be in a family?"

*Just outside the main lobby a new arrival would be landing in the courtyard, the Pokémon's wings beating strongly to slow his descent until he was mere centimetres from the ground, dropping down onto and landing softly. It was a Shiny Tropius, the grass flying type being quite a large and old one but not slowed at all by size or age. Lifting its neck he would slowly look around before his gaze rested on the hotel, the Tropius's calm expression turning into a mildly surprised one as it took leisurely steps towards the entrance* "Quite large" *He would mumble to himself, his leafy wings folding against his body as he reached the entrance and walked through it into the main lobby. Thankfully his trainer had already booked a room and the second the receptionist(I dunno if its an npc so sorry if it isn't) saw the shiny grass type it would lift up a key, Coconut smiling and nodding n thanks as he took it in one of his hove like hands but put underneath one of his leaves for safekeeping*

*Since Coconut now had the key he could go to his room however he decided not to, instead he had walked up to a map stuck onto the wall that showing the layout of the building. Lowering his head and craning his neck slightly he would narrow his eyes to read it, said eyes sometimes widening as he saw something of interest, noting it to himself in a quiet voice* "Oh, they've got a swimming pool ...Café, that's nice" Games room?" His brows would furrow slightly before he sighed and tilted his head side to side, carrying on reading as he said* "Well I suppose there has to be something for the kids"

Icarus graciously took the water and practically inhaled it, swallowing it all and sighing once he was done. The pain of the spiciness was eliminated. He was about to thank Syvery, the one who brought him the water, when she suddenly asked him a question.

"What's it like to be in a family?"

This question confused Icarus, especially considering Syvery wasn't even smiling. "Uh, well, it's like having people really close to you, like friends, only better. You should know, Syvery," he said, smiling and coming off of the bed, landing in front of her, "you are part of our family. You're one of us."

He gave Syvery a close eyed smile, hoping that she would cheer up from whatever put her in a foul mood. "You wanna make some breakfast. I wanted to try my hand at cooking, and you seem to be great at it." He asked, trying to change the topic.

She blinked at the words before giving a smile. She felt a small tear coming so she faked a yawn and wiped it away with her ribbon before she smiled happily. Her eyes lit up when Icarus mentioned something about making food.
"Yes! Let's go! Now! Hurry hurry hurry!" She said with excitement. Grabbing her room key, she bolted out the door, nearly going through it. She held the door wide open before looking around. Even though not a lot of Pokémon seemed awake she still looked a little nervous despite her excitement. She looked back towards Icarus with eagerness in her eyes. "I'm going to go this way, race you there!" She said playfully before dashing into the vent and disappearing from sight.

"The vent?! What?" Icarus chased Syvery until she hopped into the aforementioned vent, then ran off into the general direction that she was headed.

He looked around for an area resembling that of a kitchen, but had no luck. Dang it, Syvery knows where to go, but I don't even know where to begin looking. Welp, time to check random doors. He thought with a simple shrug. He tested doors until he found one that led into a kitchen area. There weren't any other Pokemon there, but the room was still set up nicely. "Huh. Did I beat her? I doubt it... hm. What would I make?..." Icarus said aloud to himself, wandering around and looking for something to spark an idea within his mind.

Syvery tumbled out of the vent and was on the other side of the room then Icarus. Syvery sat up, and saw the Flareon. She let out a sigh and said,"I knew I made a wrong turn somewhere," Syvery giggled before she looked around the room. She opened up the fridge, full of eggs, milk, fish, berries that were sorted by name, some honey, and... WHIPPED CREAM!
Syvery took the can of whipped cream and used her ribbon to spray some in her mouth. She let out a refreshed sigh before setting it to the side.
"So, did you think of anything you want to make?" Syvery asked as she started comparing the different oils in the room. In the corner of her eyes, she saw a large brown book. Walking over to it, she opened it to reveal all kinds of recipes, ranging from human food, to special Pokepuffs. Syvery was jumping up and down in a excitement that only grew the more she looked at the kitchen. She usually wasn't this expressive with herself, making this a rare sight to see.

Aqua and Luna were tearing up their delicious pastries though Aqua finished sooner since Luna only grabbed a few for her. "Luna, can I have some more?" she asked.

The Gardevoir happily obliged, levitating a few more pink Pokepuffs from the buffet over to Aqua. "Bon apetit" she said.

Aqua went right back in, enjoying every bite of sugary sweetness that entered her mouth.

"Hehe, somebody's excited! What's this book for?" Icarus asked, leaning closer to the book that the newly-arrived Syvery found.

It contained a massive amount of recipes, ranging from simple ones to difficult ones. He paid no mind to the intensity of the recipe, rather he focused on what the dish looked like in the pictures. He spotted one recipe in particular, and put his paw on it: Luxury Waffles. They looked spectacularly delicious, and were covered in toppings ranging from whipped cream, which Syvery had already started to consume, berry bits, and even maple syrup. "Syv, I think I wanna do something like this one! I think everyone back in our room would enjoy this. Can we make it?" He asked, putting on his best puppy dog begging face and crouching so he was below Syvery, therefore making him look up at her.

"Um, I got here a couple days ago."
She looked at the Mismagius. She had seen some ghost types in Johto, but never really had the nerve to talk to them. Some of her teammates would always tell stories about how evil and scary ghost types were. She was always scared to go near any. Although, once Spectre helped her out that day, she thought otherwise. She had never had many friends, other than Chika and Skar. She wanted to make more friends, and she thought Spectre would be nice, although she heard Pokemon talking about leaving. She didn't know what it was, but she was interested in Spectre, and wanted to know him more.
"Um, when are you leaving?"

Honestly, I have no idea. Tiffany never told us when she was going to pick us up. But it's probably not tomorrow. Spectre said to Chihiro. Meanwhile, Toren had gootten lost while wandering the halls. The Braviary spotted an Electrike and followed him. After ending up in the cafe, Toren looked at the plates. He was starting to wish he had hands, or at least one psychic move that could pick up the plate and what he wanted on it.

Syvery examined the recipe before looking back to Icarus and nodded with a closed eye smile.
"Sure! This recipe does require some... effort.. So let practice by making some side dishes first, okay?" Syvery said as she pulled started pulling some ingredients out of the back closets and the massive fridge. She looked around before remembering what she was missing. She pulled out a case to reveal sharp white knives. Looking back Icarus, she also tried to pick up the frying pan that would suit him best before placing it on top of the gas burner. She also took one for herself before letting out a excited sigh.
"Where do you want to start first, the eggs, bread, or drinks?" She said, her paws barely able to sit still.

"Need a hand?" Lori asked the Braviary. "Yes, please." Toren said to the Braixen. "What would you like on your plate?" Lori asked as she used Psychic to lift and hold up the plate. Toren told her and she put it on the plate for him. Once the plate had been set down, Toren thanked her for her help.

Options. He had options.

"Uh... how about the bread? Sounds fun." He responded, not very sure why they couldn't just start with what he wanted to make.

Syvery looked restless, like she was waiting for this moment all her life. Icarus was going to comment on it, but then he would risk her regressing back to her more timid state. She seemed happy, and if she was, then that's all that mattered right now. "So, uh, about this bread. Are we making it ourselves? And if so, outta what?" He asked, gradually becoming more and more interested in the topic of cooking.

Chihiro sighed of relief, mentally. She looked down to Spectre's plate and saw three doughnuts.

"You like doughnuts too?"

She smiled awkwardly. She was glad to know he had some intrests that she had. She thought about the day she met Chika and Skar. They approached her once they met, but now Chihiro was the one approaching the Pokemon. She had never done this regularly. She didn't know what it was, but she was eager to know Spectre. She didn't know why. Chihiro didn't usually want to approach Pokemon at all, but Spectre was a different case. She felt happy when he talked to her. She had never felt like this towards another Pokemon. Maybe it was because she felt more outgoing here? Chihiro awkwardly sat there for a moment, looking at Spectre. She felt like her face was going red. She noticed she was blushing.

"I-I...I'll be right back"

She dashed off to her room in embarrassment. She sat down and thought to herself. 'Why do I feel like this around someone else?'. She never felt so open, yet so shy and flustered around someone, other than Spectre. She felt different feelings around him. It reminded her of Icarus and Violet. 'Am I...in love? Her face got even redder at the thought. She felt like she couldn't go back down to the cafe and see him. She felt like she would mess up, and emberass herself in front of him. She sat on her bed, thinking to herself for the rest of the afternoon.

Spectre watched as the flustered Chihiro took off towards her room. 'What was she so flustered about?' he wondered. Realizing that they had not been formally introduced, Toren decided to introduce himself. "I'm Toren. What's your name?" he said to the Braixen. "My name is Lori. It's nice to meet you Toren." Lori said. She bowed to the Braviary.

Syvery nodded smiling. "Yeah, it always tastes better when you make it yourself!" She quickly as she dissolved the sugar is warm water before pouring it onto the yeast. She quickly handed a cutting Board and a large amount of berries to Icarus.
"Can you cut some berries thinly please? I'm going to put them into the bread later," She said with a little chime. She was having fun, if not a little too much, as she had already began kneading the dough, flour coating her paws.

Icarus stared in awe at the amount of berries Syvery had placed in front of him. He laughed quietly to himself, picking up a knife with his psychic and selecting a berry. The berry he chose was one he was not familiar with. It was green, and was shaped almost like a lens. Not questioning it, he began to slowly cut it into thin slices, just as Syvery said. "Uh, Syv, if you don't mind my askin'," Icarus turned slightly, his gaze still fixed on cutting the berries, "why do we need berries for bread again?"

He giggled to himself after asking the question. He never thought that question would come out of his mouth, and he really never thought he'd be cooking things. Eh, what can I say? The things you do for love. Icarus thought with an idiotic grin plastered on his face.

"You know how Wilson ate something called Raisin Bread before? I want us to make our version of it, but using berries instead," She said as she kneaded the cut berries into the dough. She also added a hand of cut Mago berries knowing that Icarus seemed to favor them over everything else. Once she had finished, she placed the dough into the fridge with plastic wrap over it before turning back towards the stove and turned on the heat and poured some oil on top. She handed half a dozen of eggs to Icarus as she started to crack her own, pouring a small amount of cream into the mixture of eggs, keeping the salt and pepper to the side to add as she was cooking them. She then turned back to Icarus and picked up a knife as she also began to cut the fruit quickly, curling her paws so she wouldn't accidentally cut herself. She looked over to Icarus, noticing the large smile on his face. She giggled before looking back down to the cutting board.

Holy mother of... how?!

Icarus watched in awe as Syvery... did whatever it was she was doing. She was like a blur, going left and right, cracking things, mixing things, pouring things. It was like she only knew cooking and breathing! He noticed the eggs that she had put in front of him, and using his psychic, cracked the eggs in a style almost mimicking Syvery's. There were a few shells, but hey, his psychic wasn't perfect and he was no chef. Syvery, on the other hand, appeared to have been doing this since she could speak! "Syvery, you are, like, some kind of cooking wizard! This is actually so cool, you gotta teach me how to do that!" Icarus said in awe and amazement as she quickly cut the fruit in front of her without the use of psychic. In fact, she was cutting faster than he did!

I gotta learn how to cook, this looks so cool! He thought to himself, his idiotic grin still stuck to him like glue... or that lotion... his smile faltered for an instant as he remembered that once he got back into the room, he had to put on that nasty sludge because of his previous burn. Shaking off the thought, he awaited his next order. "I cracked the eggs like you did! Now what?" He asked, his tail wagging without him realizing.

Luna and Aqua finally finished with their stomachs bulging from the huge breakfast. They were stuffed and happy. "Whoever came up with the recipe for Pokepuffs, they deserve an award of some sort." Luna jokingly commented.

Aqua nodded before letting out a brief burp. "Mmm...It's like...the food of Arceus..." she added happily.

Chihiro was worrying about Spectre, and what he thought when she ran off. 'Did he think I looked like an idiot? Did he leave?' She had so many thoughts. Chihiro shook off the thought and went outside. She went into the forest for a stroll, to clear her mind. She looked around at the trees, grass, and the mossy rock she had evolved at. She hoped on the rock and curled up. She started to fall asleep, activating her chlorophyll ability. She felt the warm rays of sunlight hit her back. It was comfortable like this. Just her, and nothing more. The forest was peaceful. She heard the Fletchling chirping in the trees, and she liked it. Sometimes she wished to stop thinking about her worries, and just relax like she was at the moment.

Syvery giggled and said, "It's nothing, there's a lot of Pokémon who are probably better then me." She said before looking over to Icarus's eggs. She carefully removed the shells and poured some cream in before handing him a whisk. "Stir it until it thickens.." She said, carefully pouring about a sixth of the liquid into the frying pan. She placed in a couple of the savory berries that Icarus had cut and began stirring. As she stirred, the liquid quickly became solid. She then instead of cooking it all the way, she used the spatula to fold the egg slightly. She then hit the pans hilt, making the egg tilt back and turn into what looked like a mini omelet. She then turned the heat on high, turning the outside of the omelet to gain a light crispy surface on the outside. The smell wafted up, causing Syvery to realize how hungry she was. She sprinkled some salt and pepper over the egg as she watched it spread evenly, almost it had been dancing. She then slid the egg onto a plate as she placed a lid over it before turning back to Icarus with a smile.
"After your done whisking, try cooking what I just did," She said as she started preparing for the next egg.

A Litwick was watching this all invisibly. She was amazed by the Sylveon's ability to cook so well. The Flareon had used Psychic to chop up the berries and crack the eggs. This made the Litwick curious. 'Perhaps I will approach him to ask about it later.' thought the Litwick.

"O-okay! You seem to have put a lot of trust in me, so I'll give it a whirl!" Icarus said with an almost military salute.

Icarus stirred the mixture until it thickened, just as Syvery instructed. That part was quite easy, and he didn't even need his psychic. Then came the harder part: mimicking what Syvery had done after the stirring. With a sigh, Icarus started. He levitated some of the liquid into the frying pan and stirred it using a wooden spoon. The liquid quickly transformed into a solid. Using the spatula that Syvery used, he folded the egg slightly. He tried hitting the pan to tilt the egg back into an omelet, and for the most part, it worked. Rather than turning up the heat, Icarus decided to use Ember on the egg to heat it up. Once done, he sprinkled some salt and pepper on it, then put it on a plate next to Syvery's.

When comparing the two, he realized that his wasn't half bad. If one would call what Syvery made a masterpiece, then Icarus' creation would be another artist's rendition of said masterpiece. The two looked similar, but hers had some sort of glow, not literally, but figuratively. Hers just seemed better, like it was made by someone who had been doing this for a while, but that didn't mean Icarus' was bad. In fact, it looked pretty decent for a first attempt.

"Kay, Syv. Now, we did bread, eggs... now for the drinks? We gonna use berries or something for the drinks, 'cuz if so, I know just what to use!" Icarus said, his tail wagging even faster as he pictured Mago Berries in his head.

She stared at Icarus's egg in amazement. "T-that was.. amazing!" She said happily. "It took me months to get it as good as this!" She nodded as she withdrew a large frying pan. She intended to create a large omelet that could be shared between Icarus and Vio.
"Yeah, drinks are next. Be creative and try to make it both look and taste good." She said, grabbing some ice and a blender.
"I still need to work on the rest of the eggs, so you can make drinks for all of us!" She said, this time using the pan only to flip the omelet. She hummed happily as she listened to the sizzle of the pan.