• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Johto league tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riley finally got out the restroom and was refreshed. "Wow, that fealt really good." Riley thought to himself. He looked around. "Where is everyone?" thought Riley. The matches had started and if they didn't show up, they would be disqualified since the tournament runs on strict rules. Riley smirked. "This day can't get any better! If Cortez is battling those fools, then he won't be here as well! That means their shouldn't be anymore threats!" thought Riley. His match was also the last one before everyone else's, so he couldn't wait to get to his match. "I'll have to destroy my opponent fast in order to have them disqualified!" Riley muttered.

"That's not going to be easy!", said a voice behind him. Riley turned around to see someone about the same height as him. "I won't let you get away with what you did to my little brother!" exclaimed the trainer, clenching his fist. Riley smirked as he realized who the trainer was.

suddenly the same noctowl from earlier popped in front of riley

this time with a camera with recorded footage of the darts what attacked the children

and they were controlled by one man

"Besides I don't plan on playing to the rules that Cortez makes up so that means you have at least me left as your opponent." Yannick walked around the corner. "Hey you! You better return your Pokemon before he kills it off. I know you want revenge for your little brother but I guess you have no chance to keep up with the elite of this tournament. I hate to admit it but that violent little runt infront of you is part of this elite." Yannick left the room.

noctowl flew to yannick and showed him a recorded footage
from Luke

"Hey Yannick sorry I forgot to tell you this im held captive in the aqua site found deep in the forest, Located behind what was the radio tower Now you know where im held you can use that for your advantage"

"Noooo!", cried Riley as he saw the same Noctowl from the shower in front of him with a camera. "Where did this Pokemon even get a camera?!", exclaimed Riley. He was extremely annoyed now and he grabbed the camera and threw it on the floor. "First you come inside my shower when I'm bathing, giving me a note to go to some attic and now you...", then Riley looked at the floor and saw the damaged camera on the ground. "Shit! Not again!", exclaimed Riley.

Meanwhile everyone was staring at Riley. "Wow, I don't know how my brother lost to a mentally insane person like you!", the trainer that confronted Riley said.

"Get away from me!", exclaimed Riley as he pushed the trainer away as he ran out the room with the camera. As he got to the hallway, he looked at the camera to see if he could still see the footage. "Here it is.", Riley said as he clicked the button. The footage was broken and it showed kids standing up just staring at the camera. "What the hell is going on?!" yelled Riley. He threw threw the camera into a trash can.
"Why is someone sending me these creepy messages?", thought Riley. First they want me to go to an attic and now they show me a bunch of brain dead children. What the hell?!", thought Riley as he walked back into the room, trying to calm down.

"Hey, you're back.", said the trainer from before. "I hope your mental breakdown is over, because our match is next!", smirked the other trainer. "Shit! Now I have to deal with this guy. I'll just destroy him like I did his brother.", Riley thought. Then Riley looked back up at the trainer still smirking at him. "It might not be that easy as last time.", thought Riley.

(OOC)
That response came a bit late, but it should be considered canon.

Last edited:
Yannick looked at the Noctowl. 'I have no time for that now if I go there Cortez will come here take on his match and I will miss mine.' He thought. "I'm sorry Noctowl I can't help you now." Yannick sat down and watched Rileys match. "So it's 3 on 3. That means I will get to see some more of Rileys Pokemon."

Luke was watching the next matches on hes laptop

" so riley is up next , lets see what hes got."

said Luke with a smirk

noctowl stayed with Yannick till the next matches were over,

(Cortez)
" No i'm not afraid of you." Cortez said. He prssed two buttons " You have thirty seconds to decide Yannick." a posioness gas entered the detention cell.
( Drew)
Drew fell to the ground riving in pain. He couldn't breath.
" I'm sorry" Tess said.

(OOC: Uhh, I'm just gonna pretend whatever you guys did at the game corner didn't happen, you aren't allowed to control someone else's character without permission, I don't even know who Cortez is yet in this story...Luke you need to control yourself, you make your character seem like he can do anything, Noctowl found a camera? Wth?!)

"Tyranitar NO!!"
Ace fell off of his bed to what he thought was a nightmare. "What the hell..." Ace got back on his feet, he was back in his hotel room. "How did I get here...was I really dreaming?" It was all to weird, Ace quickly got a new pair of clothes and got changed. If something actually happened then how had he gotten back? He walked into the kitchen theorizing the multiple possibilities before he bumped into a familiar face, "Tyran tar tar!" Tyranitar was cooking up a buffet of burned eggs! "Haha, wow thanks Tyranitar. Were you the one who brought me back here?" Ace chuckled as he forced the black egg down his throat. "Tyranitar!" Tyranitar smiled at Ace. From the looks of it Tyranitar had really taken a beating, "Wait, hold still Tyranitar!" There was a needle with some fluid sticking out of his back. "What is this stuff?" Ace pulled the needle out and examined it, the liquid was an odd silver color. Tyranitar didn't appear to have any symptoms but Ace took precaution and put the needle in a ziplock bag and sealed it in his backpack. "We have a long day ahead of us Tyranitar," He turned the stove off and gave Tyranitar a Max Potion, "Heal up and we'll be off!" Tyranitar started spraying himself as Ace switched on the TV, "Breaking News!! Goldenrod Game Corner has been shutdown!! At around 2:00 AM this morning an explosion was set off and Goldenrod Game Corner was lit on fire! The building is in critical condition but according to the PPF(Pokemon Police Force) nobody was hurt and six people were taken into custody. The Game Corner will be closed for some time due to further investigation. We will update you as we get more information on issue. Please tune in again next time." It was commercial now, Ace stared at the TV with his jaw dropped, something really did happen last night...

(Occ: I gave the noctowl the camera wich I hacked the footage)

"so I wonder whats riley first pokemon will be "

said luke waiting to find out with a smile

suddenly a back pain struck luke couldn't move

hes charizard tried to help but he was in deep trouble

"Gah!"

Yannick thought about what he said to Cortez "Listen you wanna be bad boy! I know that you wont kill Drew or someone else! If you want me take your challenge like a man and fight at the tournament to face me! If you win I will surrender and you can kill whoever you want if I win or you loose before batteling me you will release the legendary dogs and Team Neo Rocket wont be any longer." after that the call was over. 'I hope I was right with what I said.' Yannick thought.

Luke pain stopped and Luke was so confused

"wow.. what was that umbreon did you use confuse ray"

all the pokemon nodded No

"well then,"

(OOC)
I said my character's match was next, but whatever. Less time for you guys to get free and get disqualified.

(BIC)
As Riley walked onto the battlefield, the crowd was enormous, screaming at them. "This is the match that you've all been waiting for!", exclaimed the announcer! "First, we have Tommy, trying to avenge his brother after the horrifying match yesterday! And next we have Riley, the one who showed us that you can take battles to the next level!" The crowd yelled as the announcer was speaking.

"Wow, they must've really hyped this up.", thought Riley. Then he looked forward to face Tommy. "Competitors, please shake your hands.", said the announcer. They looked at each you. "Fuck you!", said Tommy. "Screw you!" stated Riley. They both said this simultaneously. The crowed roared at the trash talk. "Well it looks like this match is about to get serious! Start the countdown!", exclaimed the announcer.

"3... 2.... 1.....!" the crowd yelled! "BATTLE BEGIN!", exclaimed the announcer.

'So after Riley's match it will be my turn and after that it will be one of the hostages. That means I have to hurry considering Riley wont take long to defeat his opponent.' Yannick thought. "Ok guys let's go get them." Yannick called forth Dragonite and rushed to the hideout. "Return!" Yannick withdrew Dragonite again. Suddenly he saw Cortez and Calvin leaving the hideout. He jumped behind a bush and waited for them to pass. "Good timimg now the grunts aren't much of a challenge for me." Yannick whispered to himself. He went inside the hideout with Umbreon and Scizor to guard his back. "Umbreon use Psychic to keep anyone from moving! Scizor come with me." He rushed downstairs and smashed some idron doors with Scizor's Ironhead. He found the room Cortez was keeping the hostages. "Ok Scizor break the cage one last Ironhead!" Yannick took all the people out of the cage. They all grabbed their Pokeballs and left the building. Yannick and the other trainers arrived back at the tournament in a flash with Yannick's Alakazam teleporting them.

Last edited:
Ace was about to switch the TV off when he saw the live broadcast of the tournament, "3...2...1...! BATTLE BEGIN!" The announcer shouted. Ace released all his Pokemon, "Watch carefully guys, this guy might be some trouble..." The hotel room was pretty large so all the Pokemon sat comfortably on the sofas and the floor to watch the match. Ace pulled out the needle from earlier and took this time to examine it. "There has to be someone who knows what this stuff is..." Ace watched Tyranitar, everything seemed to be alright...maybe it was just something to scare him, no wait, it couldn't be that simple..."Tyranitar, we're going to the lobby. Espeon you're in charge, if anyone gets outta hand just try and telepathy me, I'm heading to the lobby. I'll be back in a bit!" With that said Ace and Tyranitar headed to the lobby where all players were watching Riley's battle. Ace looked around for a familiar face, there had to be someone who he knew around here. He looked around for one person mainly, Drew Leuric.

" He as to use hes scizor but I cant see how tommy can beat him"

Luke said after remembering the gym battle He had with tommy while bugsy was ill

flashback -

"Metapod use string shot"

??? " Now doge and use ember "

metapod is down

tommy wins the second gym badge

lukes flashback ends

" Oh wait, here we go "

Luke saw tommy and riley pick up there pokeball,

" Oh and Yannick thanks for saving Me , this battle aient gonna be Long riley is to strong"

"Come out, Poliwrath!", exclaimed Riley. "Stand by for battle Machamp!" stated Tommy as they sent out their Pokemon. Without hesitation, the trainers yelled out their commands.

"Use close combat!" Riley and Tommy yelled. Both Pokemon charged at each other, punching each other as much as they could. Eventually they came at a standstill with both of their hands pushing against the other like in a game of mercy. Then Tommy smirked. "Machamp, use low kick now!", commanded Tommy. "What?!", exclaimed Riley in shock. Machamp smirked as it swept Poliwrath's feet off the ground, tripping it. "Now Machamp, throw it into the air and then charge up a focus punch!", yelled Tommy. Machamp picked up Poliwrath, kneed it in the stomach, and then threw it in the air. The it's arms started to glow as it was charging up a focus punch with all it's arms. "Poliwrath, use waterfall going down on the Machamp. The height from the fall should increase it's pressure, increased the damage, hopefully counteracting a four times focus punch!" Water started forming around Poliwrath. "Now go!", commanded Riley. "What's he doing?!", exclaimed Tommy. Poliwrath then charged down straight towards Machamp with the water surrounding it, going full force. Machamp pushed it's arms up to punch Poliwrath with it's four times focus punch. As they clashed, smoke covered the whole battlefield. The crowd roared as this happened. Riley and Tommy stood there waiting for the smoke to clear to see which Pokemon was left standing.

" this is tense "
Luke said with eyes on the field

" the power was equal its any ones game "

then Lukes noctowl came and landed on Luke

"Ha, ha I missed you too noctowl return, thanks for your help"

suddenly Luke spotted hes rival Jake
and they made eye contact

(Cortez)
"Well the kids are gone." Cortez said. he watched Drew's vitals go spuratic then nothing. No heart beat nothing " I guess Yannick is cold hearted after all. Too bad I would of liked crushing Drew in the tournament." Cortez walked out of the Real Alphas site at Ecrautic city. He got into his chopper and left. " Did they see are holograms." He asked Calvin.
" Yes sir." Calvin said. " They have no idea where we actually are."
(Drew)
Drew couldn't as his body started to convulse. The pain itself was too much to take. He moved one of his pokeballs freeing Mary the amphoros. " Mary use thunderbolt." Drew said. " On... Me." His eyes started to bleed. against Marry's better judgment she complied electrocuting Drew.
Drew laid on the ground motionless. "Amphi" Amphoros said looking at Drew. Drew woke up breathing heavley. " What the hell." He quickly moved his hand around his chest feeling for anything wrong. " What happened."
" Marry saved us." Tess said. Drew looked at her.
" Come again." Drew said.
" Her thunderbolt was able to disconnect the radio signal that Neo Rocket uses to harm us." She said.
" But Your still here." Drew said.
" Because I'm not dead." She said. " Nor will either us be."
Drew walked to the bathroom. His skin was a little burnt but not that bad. His puples where red. with stained all over his face.
Drew walked towards the stadium and spotted Yannick. "Hey Yannick." Drew said.

Last edited:
The smoke cleared and Poliwrath and Machamp were both barely standing. "Now's my chance!", thought Riley. "Quick, Poliwrath, use swagger!", exclaimed Riley. Poliwrath made a pose as it's attack rose and leaving Machamp a bit confused. "Machamp, use close combat while it's still in it's stupid stance!", said Tommy. "Machamp?", stated the confused Machamp. It started to punch itself uncontrollably. "What are you doing you dimwit, attack the Poliwrath, not yourself!", exclaimed Tommy. Riley smirked. "Should I make you suffer, nah, I'll end it fast. Poliwrath, finish it with close combat!", commanded Riley. Poliwrath charged at the confused Machamp. "Quick, use protect!", yelled a desperate Tommy. Machamp was still confused, so it failed. Poliwrath then attacked the Machamp with a barrage of punches. The final punch sent Machamp flying straight into the wall at the edge of the arena, knocking it out.

"Return Machamp.", said an enraged Tommy. Riley smirked. "What will you do now? You can still give up!", stated Riley while the crowd roared. "Like I said before... Fuck you!", stated Tommy. Riley smirked. "Come out Raichu!"

The big electric mouse came out its pokeball spreading electricity everywhere. Tommy smirked. "What is that?", asked Riley. "It's electric terrain. It spreads electricity all over the field, preventing all status conditions.", said Tommy. "Thanks for letting me know.", said Riley. "End it fast Raichu! Use volt tackle!", commanded Tommy. Electricity flowed around Raichu as it charged towards Poliwrath. "Shit, it's too fast. Poliwrath, use swagger!", yelled Riley. Raichu hit Poliwrath as soon as it started its power up. Poliwrath flew into the wall, knocked out.

"Good job Raichu.", stated Tommy. "Good job Poliwrath. Return.", said Riley. Then he looked at Tommy. "Poliwrath was already really damaged, so there was no chance anyways. All you managed to do was give your Raichu some recoil damage." stated Riley. "It doesn't matter, I still took out one of yours.", stated Tommy. "Fine. Come out Tyranitar.", stated Riley as the crowd was screaming.

Drew watched the battle before him. " Not bad Riley. and there isn't any fatalities yet. That's always a good sign."

Last edited:

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
OOC: (Im now assuming Patrick is in the lobby with the other trainers)

In the lobby room, one of Patrick's old friends he had met in Kanto appeared. He was muscular and he was called Jonas. His home town was Pewter City and Patrick instantly recognised him. They had been rivals since they met each other.

"this battle wont last long Riley as the advantage
but I wont get hopes up tommy as one last pokemon and I think I know who"

remembering the battle at bugsy's gym while I covered for him

"Jonas?! Is that you?" Cried Patrick as the young man approached.
"Patrick Lowe I believe you are?" He replied
"Yes yes! How are ya Jonas?"
"I'm good thanks. I see you finally beat the Johto gym leaders! Clair was tough wasn't she!?"
"Yes she was but I beat her! We haven't met since the Kanto tournament?"
"Patrick you dropped out of that remember? There was a team rocket admin plotting against it!"
"Yeah. But you should hear about this guy called Cortez. He was the one who caused the power outage!"
Patrick then told his friend about the incident that had just happened.

"I see so everyone is around again I guess." Yannick took place next to Drew. "Have you found a way to disable it?" Yannick asked as both were watching Rileys match.

" I think so." Drew said. " Atleast the signal anyway. I still see a very attractive blonde everywhere I go so it's still alive." Drew looked towards the sky. " I had to electrocute myself to make it stop."

"Well there are many things that are worse than seeing an attractive blonde woman." Yannick smirked. "So you can interrupt the signal with an electric attack?" His face got serious again.

" wow you've been through a lot, but I had to spend my time with cortez so I saw some of hes plans but then he vanished and I don't know where he wondered of too,"

Suddenly, Jonas was called up for his first 1 vs 1 match. He took to the floor and sent out his Steelix against a girl with a Golduck. The Golduck attacked it with several water type attacks. Steelix seemed to be able to dodge the attacks, bashing it's head with iron head and then finishing it off with several iron tail attacks. Jonas smiled as he was announced the winner.

"Boring!" He shouted.

Patrick saw his friend defeat the girl and congratulated him. The two had always been very competitive. Patrick checked up on his pokemon and realised that his prized Golem Rocky was now in poor state. "I think I'll use one of my substitutes in his place!" He stated.

(OCC: sorry I forgot)

"Im going to get a drink from the bar down stairs"
luke smiled
and walked away

the guy who Luke Knows from Kanto followed

" One water please"

???- "Hello Old friend"

Luke spun around

"J--ake!"
"your weak Like your brother I beat him with one attack

and your gonna be the same see you around"

"Ugh same old Jake, I must beat Him fast"

As Tyranitar came out, a sandstorm started to brew. "A sandstorm over an electric terrain, this should be interesting.", exclaimed Riley. "Now, Tyranitar, use dragon dance!", commanded Riley. Tyranitar started to do a sort of dance is it's attack and speed increased. "Now's our chance! Use brick break!", yelled Tommy. Raichu's right hand glowed as it charged towards Tyranitar. "Tyranitar use protect!", exclaimed Riley. A clear bubble formed around Tyranitar as it blocked Raichu's attack. "Now, use crunch on Raichu's hand!", commanded Riley. Tyranitar bit onto Raichu's hand. Riley smirked. "Now... crush it!" All the crowd heard was loud crack and then Raichu's scream. "Throw it away.", stated Riley. Tyranitar threw Raichu to the floor. Raichu got up grabbing it's right hand screeching. It was dangling off it's arm. Some parents tried to cover their children's eyes so they wouldn't see the brutality. "Now finish it with stone edge.", commanded Riley. Stones started to form around Tyranitar and then they shot straight at the injured Raichu knocking it out. "Return.", Tommy said calmly. Then he turned to face Riley. "So that's how you want to play then! I'll show you pain then.", stated Tommy. Riley just smirked. "Let's see your next Pokemon then." stated Riley. The crowd couldn't wait to see what would happen next.

Patrick left Rocky the Golem at the pokemon centre. He searched in his PC boxes for a good pokemon to enter his team and found it: a Mr Mime called Clown. This Mr. Mime was extremely friendly towards him.

Status
Not open for further replies.