• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A New Beginning! - The Mythical Arcadia Region!

"She was just trying to defend us like you and your subjects were defending each other. We don't want you to get hurt anymore then you already have. The people who hurt you plan to blow this place sky high with all of us in it," Maya stood carefully arms up with her hands open. She nodded to her bag where her pokeballs peaked out, "we tried to help you earlier and they hurt our friends but we need to go or we lose and they win".

"Guys we gotta go the place blows in 5 minutes." He was getting Lapras ready to use icebeam to make a slide. There was already a hole in the wall from the tremors the pack caused.

Phoenix was panicking. "Uh, uh, what should we do?! Jump out the window?!" The kid was not joking. She recalled her Torchic and tossed the Pokeball out the window. "Do something, quick!"

"Ok just calm down Lapras just made a slide using icebeam. You can slide down safely. The slide is going to have to be thicker for the nidoqueen's pack to go down." Seth told his Lapras to make the slide thicker. "Ok all set I'll go down once everyone else is down." He shoved the two grunts down the slide first.

"Chi Chi can teleport to the bottom. She can help the ones that go down it." Rachel said. Chi Chi nodded. The Kirlia teleported to the bottom. "So? Who's going next?" Rachel asked the others.

Phoenix raised her hand. "I'll go. I kinda just threw my only Pokemon out the window…" She said meekly, jumping down the slide. "Woooaaaah!" She shouted, getting launched off the end and landing in a crumpled heap. Torchic toddled up to her and dropped his Pokeball on her head. "Thanks so much." She muttered.

"Get Kale out. He's hurt. See we have a way for everyone to get out safely but we need to go now or it won't work. Come on please you gotta trust us for a bit and you'll be free to go, no hassle," the Raven haired girl mitioned to the slide as she moved back to slowly pick up her stuff and keep an eye on the wild pokemon. The trainer kept her hands empty, slowly moving over to kale so she could help him out, "just gotta trust us for a little bit".

Seth moved to the edge and yelled down to Rachel. "CAN YOUR KIRLUA TELEPORT KALE TO THE BOTTOM?" Seth asked from the building. His Lapras made sure the slide wouldn't break. Seth checked the time and the explosive was gonna blow in 2 minutes now. "Guys we gotta go now." Seth said as he was shifting his weight from foot to foot.

"Sure." Rachel said. Chi Chi teleported next to Kale, then seconds later teleported to the bottom. "Kirlia." Chi Chi said. The Kirlia bowed before helping Kale sit down for a moment. "Nice job Chi Chi." Rachel said to the Kirlia. She gave Kale a concerned look.

"What's there to explain?" Kale said weakly, clutching his shoulder. He nodded thanks to the Kirlia and weakly got to his feet. "We're still too close. I'll explain later."
He looked back up at the building.
"Come on, Maya! Uh... Other guy!" Kale said to the two trainers. He didn't know Seth's name. "We gotta go! We're too close to the building!"

Meanwhile, back up in the facility, the Nidoqueen directed her two Nidokings back to where they were pounding at the wall. Letting out a roar, both Nidokings finally smashed through the wall. The two Nidokings jumped through the hole they created and landed without a scratch. The two Nidokings then charged through the wire fence, creating a large opening. In the facility, the Nidoqueen raised an arm and let out a roar, as rocks materialized from the sky and fell to the ground, creating a ramp.
"...She used a Rock Slide attack to create a ramp..." Kale said. Half of the Nidos began to go down the Nidoqueen's rock ramp while the other half went down the ice slide. Soon, only the Nidoqueen was left. She looked at Maya and Seth with sad, exhausted smile, then fell to the ground.

"Come on, Caeser!" Julia said as they boarded their helicopter. When Seth just dropped them off in the middle of the woods and left, the two grunts quickly worked at their bonds and managed to untie themselves. They dashed back to the facility, and managed to catch their escape helicopter moments before the other three grunts took off.
"Well, Julia, how nice of you to join us!" Antony said sarcastically.
"Shut up and fly, moron!" Mark yelled as the helicopter took off.
"Not yet! Those punks that broke in-" Julia began.
"That you let in." Caesar muttered.
"Those punks might have found a way out!" Julia said.
"They could be long gone!" Mark said.
"Just do a fly around the perimeter!" Julia yelled. The helicopter took off and began to fly around the facility.

Last edited:
Phoenix nodded. "I guess you're right." She said. She took one last look at the building preparing to run. Then, she noticed the Nidoqueen. "We've got to save it!" She shouted, running back.

Maya grabbed Seth's arm and pulled him toward the rampant before running back toward Kale and trying to help him over as she looked at Pheonix, "we need to go. She helped us get out, we don't want to get our selves killed when she's letting us live. They said she was dying, they killed her, the least we can do is get retribution for her. We can't do that if we are dead"!

She pulled the rest of her tattered scarf out and tied it around Kale's shoulder. Her eyes flickering to the other trainer as she went toward helped her friend away, "sorry but that's all I can do right now".

Seth stood by the fallen nidoqueen. He was thinking of a way to get her out safely. "I know!" Seth sent out his nidoking to grab the nidoking and get out. The two went down the stone ramp as Seth and his pokemon went down the ice slide. "We really need to get out of here." He heard the helicopter coming close. "I'll be back." He sent out his Pidgeot and flew quickly to the helicopter. "Use whirlwind now!" The attack made the helicopter unstable. He told Pidgeot to keep distracting the helicopter for the others to get away.

Phoenix looked away, tears in her eyes. "You're right." She said, resignedly. She turned away and jogged after the ragged, retreating, group. Torchic followed her.

"Thanks, Maya." Kale said, wincing as Maya tied the scarf tighter. He looked back and saw Seth trying to get the collapsed NQ-108 out.
"Hey, dude! We don't have time! This thing's gonna blow any moment!" Kale yelled over his shoulder at Seth. "Get outta there!"
He began to push Maya and Rachel towards the forest, away from the facility. He had just made it to the large hole in the wire fence when a helicopter flew in low overhead. Kale watched as the Seth's Pidgeot buffeted the aircraft with Whirlwind for a moment. Trying to ignore the screaming pain in his shoulder, he kept moving.

Meanwhile, in the facility, the dying Nidoqueen began to communicate with Seth's Nidoking.
"Go." The Nidoqueen communicated to the Nidoking through a rapid series of barks and grunts. "Take your human. Leave me. It is an order, from your queen. The other human is right. I am dying, and you do not need to die as well."
Too weak to even stand, the Nidoqueen began to weakly try to push the Nidoking back.
Base Self-Destruct in T-30 seconds...

"Aw, shit!" Antony cursed when he saw the group of trainers trying to escape from the facility. He cursed again and struggled with the controls when the Pidgeot attacked the helecopter with a whirlwind attack. Julia reached for a Pokeball from her belt, then remembered that Maya took them and cursed.
"We should go! My watch reads about half a minute! If we're too close, we might be caught in the blast!" Mark yelled.
"If those punks escape, we might as well be caught in the blast!" Julia yelled back.
"Go, Jolteon!" Caesar said, sending out one of his Pokemon. He reached over to steady it and make sure it wouldn't accidently fall out of the helicopter. "Use Thunderbolt on those trainers!"
Caesar pointed at the group that was getting close to the fence. The Jolteon growled and began to launch electric attacks at the trainers, but were not very accurate because of the distance and the fact that the helicopter was caught in a whirlwind.

(OOC: We should post character descriptions.

Name: Kale Johnson
Description: Kale has light brown hair and brown eyes. He has a pretty average height an build for a boy his age, and always carries an "adventure pack". He likes to read.
History: Kale was a lonely boy that lived with his foster parents in Kanto. He was adopted at birth, and has no brothers and sisters. Kale lived in the middle of nowhere, really. He didn't have any friends, and took online classes. He came to the Arcadia region to seek his fortune, just like in the books he's read. Also... he tends to have bad luck, but every once in a while, he gets some good luck.
Pokemon:
Shine the Emolga
Nina the Nidoran Female
BG the Magikarp)

(OOC: Alrighty then)
Name: Phoenix Arizona
Description: Phoenix is an underprepared trainer who just got her Pokemon. She has bright red hair and blue eyes.
History: She grew up in the Kalos region, before her parents got a job in Arcadia, forcing the bunch to move. Phoenix has attended the necessary years of school in order to become a trainer. (OOC: I was not prepared for expostion…)
Pokemon:
Torchic-LVL 5

BIC: Phoenix started bawling. First day of being a trainer. Overly eventful. She ran for her life, away from a gigantic thing that was about to explode. People were hurt, about to explode, or trying to kill them, which was confirmed by a Thunderbolt, that whizzed over their heads and missed. It was too much. Phoenix was on th verge of losing her mind.

Last edited:
(OOC: ok then)
Name: Maya Makwa
Description: Maya has chin length black hair and brown eyes, she's shorter than most and is wearing her bandana.
History: she worked alongside her mother and brother as a breeder and lived with both her family in Sonnoh, where her father worked as a police officer. She picked up for her love for adventures and drawing as she grew and would often get into trouble that her brother would have to get her out of. Her parents gave her Chimchar as a birthday present and before she left for the Arcadia region her brother gave her his Pawnaird.
Pokemon: Chimchar and Valor the Pawnaird)

Maya saw the thunderbolt that missed them and tried to steer everyone into thick trees where hopefully the helicopter could not see them. The Sinnoh born girl flickering over to watch Phoenix in worry and relation as she watched the other girl cry, "don't worry everything will be okey. Wounds can heal and then we'll be fine".

Last edited:
(OOC: No! You spelled it Pheonix? >:( XD)
Phoenix sniffled. "I-I guess." She stammered. "It's… I didn't expect(sniffle) expect my first day as a trainer(sniffle) to b-be like this." Torchic looked up at her with worried eyes. "Torchic-tor?" He asked. "I'm…I'm ok, Torchic." Phoenix said, as she resisted the urge to sit down and just bawl.

(Sorry, didn't realize I spelt it wrong)
"Yeah I guess we all have had a pretty bad day. Once we make it back to town we can rest and heal up. Good as new," Maya tried to convince the other trainer forcing a smile as she did so. The girl dodging around a tree and looking back at kale, "this is familiar situation, isn't it. Except this time we are running away from humans not pokemons".

Name: Rachel Pine
Description: Rachel has long red hair that goes past her shoulders and green eyes. Rachel is 5'4 and wears a red shirt, jeans, an orange jacket that is usually unzipped, red shoes, and a blue bandana around her neck. She is usually prepared for pretty much any situation.
History: Rachel is the daughter of Marcus Pine ( a biologist), and Whitney Pine (a Professor). She and her twin brother, Randy, are both Kanto born. Randy, has journeyed through five regions and was going on his sixth when Rachel leaves for the Arcadia region.
Pokemon: Azalea the Chikorita, Chi Chi the Kirlia, Paige the Hawlucha, Unnamed male Nidoran (unconfirmed)

"None of us were expecting this to happen." Rachel said to Phoenix. Chi Chi approached Phoenix. "Kirlia?" she said. "We need to get out of here, and fast. Maybe Azalea could possibly help with that." Rachel said. The Kanto born girl pulled out Azalea's pokeball.

Name: Seth
Description: Seth just has normal brown hair with a tinge of red and gold. He is 5'2,wears a black hoodie over a red shirt and he wears shorts but sometimes jeans.
History: He ran away from an orphanage because he hated it there. Seth thought it was like a cage. He was just living on his own stealing food and sleeping on rooftops. He ran into a Cyndaquil which later becomes his partner. Seth travels to different regions with his party but he tries to change things up from time to time.
Party: Cynder the Quilava,Bolin the Pidgeot,Laila the Lapras,Killith the Garchomp,and Lanko the Dragonite.

The electric attacked grazed Bolin's wing so the pokemon went plummeting to the ground. The two were diving into a bunch of trees and they were going to get seperates from the group. They luckily landed in the leaves of the trees. "Thanks for helping out. You did your best." Seth recalled his Pidgeot and ran to where he last saw the other trainers. The ground shook and the trees leaned. "The building blew up." Seth said quietly. He ran faster and faster jumping over fallen trees and branches. He reached the others that were thankfully safe. "So...glad...you..guys.are..ok." Seth said trying to catch his breath.

"Good to see your okay too. Is anyone else hurt? I can try and tend to minor wounds," Maya asked using one hand to push her hair back out of her face. She looked in the direction of the building and the in the direction of the village. The girl pulled out Julia's pokeballs and frowned, " we should try and push on. Get everyone proper heal with the cuts some of us have sustained, not to mention getting our Pokemon healed up".

Phoenix wipes the tears from her face, a new determination in her eyes. "Let's stop those crooks from doing anything like that again." She said, making a fist. Torchic bobbed his large head. "Tor-torchic!" He agreed.

"Exactly! We will show them who's boss and be awesome, cool super heroes," Maya smiled nudging Kale gently with her fist before remember that he had got stabbed by a poison type and freaking out, "we need to get him some where safe asap"!

She pulled out Julia's pokeballs and frowned before shaking her head and putting them back. The girl looking to her companions before trying to push/pull kale toward the village, "come on let's go! Need to go now! Let's go"!

Seth was slowly walking behind the group. He was covering up his wounds from the fall. He had already healed his pokemon back to full health. The back of his shirt had blood on it and he lost his hoodie. "It's a good thing my shirt is red." Seth said to himself. He was losing blood slowly and there was the slightest trail behind him.

Maya looked at Seth and noticed the blood, freaking out when she realized where it was coming front. She marched over to the other trainer waving her arms about, "where is the wound? Where is the blood coming from? Why didn't you tell me you were hurt, hmmm? I can help, I have a small amount of medical knowledge"!

"Don't worry it's just a wound. I've been in worse so this will heal." Seth said trying to stay upright because he was becoming dizzy. He just kept walking as if he was fine.

"A wound that can get infected or open up more," Maya yelled with her fists clenched at her side. She saw that the village wasn't much farther and tried to usher everyone to a pokecenter, "we all need to get fixed up. Seth after we've been given the ok, I might need your back up for something".

"Alright just tell me when you need my help an I'll do it." Seth said. He was slowing down now but he kept walking since the village was so close. His sight was starting to get a bit fuzzy and his legs started to wobble.

Maya nodded as she tried to lead and push her companions to the pokecenter where they could all get help. She pulled on of Julia's pokeballs out and showed it to Seth, "I got the girl who attacked us's pokemon and have absolutely no idea what to do with them. So I'm wanna try and release them if they want to be or send them back home to the ranch".

"If they want o be realesed you should probably release them into there natural areas. They would feel more at home after all that they have been through." Seth explained slowly since he couldn't talk to much. He fell to his knees and the back of his shirt was now drenched with blood. His breaths were now short and fast.

Maya jumped when the boy fell and rushed over to him. She started to panic, pulling up the boy's shirt to look at the wound and pulled off her bandana, wiping the blood off to get a better look, "just a wound my butt! This is bad, like really bad. We need to get you to medical help right away. I don't know what I can do. What caused this"?

"Help! Come on. Some one! We need help," Maya screamed and some villagers started to rush over, some going to get more help. She put pressure on the wound, "this is bad, really bad"!

Keiko, a girl who spent her life in the village popped out of the crowd a pichu sat on her shoulder. "Crap! This is bad." She looked at the girl then the injured boy. "Come with me." She demanded. She helped Maya pick the boy up and carry him to her house.

Maya helped Keiko with Seth and nodded for everyone to follow. She followed, pulling one of seth's arms over her shoulders, taking most of his weight, "see now let's get you fixed up, bud bud".

"My name is Maya, thanks for the help with my friends here," Maya shook her hair out of her face still clenching her now bloody bandana in her other hand.

"Not entirely sure. Everything kinda happened really fast. We found some people hurting Pokemon. We got into a scuffle with them, some of us got hurt. Is there place where we can heal up our Pokemon? They got hurt and we should fix them up," Maya sighed flinching when the scraps of scarf tied around the cuts on her wounds moved, hurting her.
She pulled out her pokeballs that she had kept and twirled one around on the top of on of her fingers.

Keiko nodded, and pulled out a basket full of medicine and other things of the such. "Since people are just hearing about this place we don't have many Pokemon centres if that's what you mean by fixing up your Pokemon. But I'm known as a healer, I can help them along with your friend here and you"
Keiko took Maya's pokeball and let the chimchar out. She placed the injured Pokemon on a table and placed her hands on top the chimp. A small glow appeared around the Pokemon as Keiko used her powers to heal it. She turned around to look at her guests. "It's a bit trickier to heal you two"
Keiko got Seth to lie down on a cot with his shirt off and Maya to sit on a stool nearby. She poured a clear liquid onto a cloth then stood over Seth. "This is going to hurt, but I need to clean your wound" She placed the cloth over the gaping wound and winced as she saw Seth in pain.

Seth groaned and churned a bit in pain when the cloth touched his wound. He slowly curled into a ball while still unconscious. The wound was slowly closing as the process continued. Even though his wound was closing he had lost a lot of blood so he was very pale and his breaths were still short.