• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A New Beginning! - The Mythical Arcadia Region!

"Why thank you, kind sir," Maya laughed before walking into the building and down the hall. She kept close to the wall and followed it til she reached two doors on to each side of the hall, "which one first".

The girl pulled out Chimchar's pokeball so that she could call her Pokemon back in a flash. Her brown eyes filled with excitement and worry at the same time.

Rachel and Paige followed them in. 'Yuck.' she thought. The bandanna was only so much help. Paige flew behind them. The poor Hawlucha had no protection against the smell. Paige tried her best to ignore the smell and keep going.

As Kale walked down the corridor, he noticed vents lining it. He also looked down his shirt to check in with Shine.
"You OK?" Kale asked in a low voice. Shine gave a weak smile, but looked sick. Feeling bad for his Emolga, Kale took off his bandanna and tied it around Shine's face. The stench was nearly unbearable and seemed to coat his lungs every time he breathed, so Kale did his best to hold his breath. When Kale got to the doors, he glanced at both of them. He noticed the door on the left needed a keycard.
"Um... Left?" Kale said, pulling out the grunt's I.D. He swiped it, and the door slid open with a hiss. It lead to a small room, barely big enough to fit a large bed, with another key card door on the other end. Kale walked into the room.

Maya followed her eyes's canning the environment for her lost Pokemon. Fear starting to take its wear on her as she started to panic about her Pokemon, "Chimchar. Where are you".

She walked into the room and went to the other door, pressing her ear to she tried to listen to through the entrance way but couldn't hear anything.

Kale went over to the next door and swiped the I.D card. There was a beep, and door behind them closed.
"What the-?!" Kale spun around as he heard fans from the vents start to turn on.
What have I done?! Is this a trap?! Kale thought, terrified. Nothing seemed to happen for a few moments, but slowly Kale began to notice that the sickeningly sweet smell was starting to go away.

Maya lept around eyes wide as she squeaked in surprise, her breath catching in her throat as the noise turned into a growl and she lightly hit Kale in the shoulder, "what's with the scare, jerk".

The raven haired girl huffed as she tried to calm her nerves, peeping her head out into the next area when the door opened and looked around at the surroundings.

"Haw!" Paige said in surprise as the door closed behind her. The Hawlucha shook her head and landed on the ground. She walked over to Rachel. Rachel sighed in relief as the smell went away. "Haw." Paige said, also relieved.

"Ow..." Kale muttered, rubbing his shoulder. He noticed that the smell was completely gone, and he could focus better. "If I would've known it was going to do that, I would have let you guys know!"
Kale shook his head and looked out into the next area. It was a dimly hit hallway, heading to their right and straight ahead. The lights were on and off and random parts, casting the place in an eerie look.
"It kinda looks like this place hasn't been used in a while..." Kale said.

"Chimchar," Maya mumbled as she stepped into the hall. Correcting her posture she continued down it with a determination and a fire in her eyes, "well I'm getting my partner back even if I have to rip this entire place down. That pesky little fire type".

Kale looked around once more, then started walking down the hall after Maya. All the way at the end of the hall, he saw something move. Looking closer, Kale saw that it was his Nidoran, Nina! It took all his self-control not to yell, "NINA?!". Instead, he said...
"Nina?!" Kale whispered. Nina stared at the trainers before running down the hall and turning the corner. Kale was about to run after her when he heard voices from the hall behind them!

Maya heard the voices as well to see one struggling fire type and some grunts. The fire type was punching and kicking at the people holding it, Maya let out a loud growl but held up Chimchar's pokeball, "return. I'm afraid he belongs to me".

A red line shot out of the ball and the struggling Pokemon was pulled in. She held the pokeball to her chest and smiled softly before realizing what she had just done, "uh oh".

Rachel had a somewhat grim expression on her face. "Paige, take them out." she told the Hawlucha. "Hawlucha." Paige said. Paige proceeded to use Wing Attack on all the grunts. Once she was done, Paige returned to Rachel's side. 'And that's how you do it.' Rachel thought with a grin.

Maya nodded to Rachel before releasing Chimchar and hugging the small fire type when it appeared. Said Pokemon struggled for a bit before stopping once he realized who was touching them, "don't you ever run away like that again. I was so worried".

"Char char," the Pokemon whispered back as he hugged his trainer back tightly. They stopped and looked to the others, both a little testy eyed, "so where to next? We still have to find Nina".

Yirril say them drag the grunt around the corner to hide him and go in the building before any common sense he turned around so he could walk away. "come on aqua its getting dark".

"Fro?" Aqua said puzzled

"lets just go train," Yirril said to aqua.

Kale looked down the hallway for a moment, thinking. He turned back to the other two trainers.
"Maya. Rachel. Thank you for your help, but you guys should head back. It's dangerous here, and you guys might get hurt. Plus, Nina is my responsibility." Kale said. "I don't want either of you to get hurt."

"We've made it this far. You really think I'm just going to leave. No, that's definitely not happening," Maya beamed as Chimchar agreed with her, the two steady at the ready. Chimchar handed Maya back her bandana and she tied it back around her neck and stepped closer to the other trainer, "besides who knows how many there are".

"...Thanks, Maya." Kale said. He turned and looked down the hallway.
"I just saw Nina down there. We might be able to catch up, if we hurry." Kale said. He started to run down the hall after where he saw the Nidoran Female disappear. When he got to the end of the hallway, though, there was only another door.
"Open, sesame!" Kale said, swiping the I.D. card and opening the door. The door led to another room. When Kale stepped in, the first thing he noticed was a large, thick window on the left wall. Below the window there were multiple electronic devices. But it was the room beyond the window that caught his attention. Kale could see some sort of a light pink fog in the room beyond. Inside the fog was, at first glance, a Nidoqueen, just lying on the ground. When Kale looked more closely, however, he could see that it was no normal Nidoqueen. It was slightly larger, and had thicker and pointier armor. Another major difference were the large holes all over it's body, with the pink mist drifting out.
"What... the heck... is that?" Kale said, his eyes widening. He noticed the faint sickly sweet odor the trainers smelled outside the complex.

Maya smiled and followed him in as she followed the other trainer in. She caught sight of the nidoqueen and froze, her mind freaking out as she tried to figure out what it was, "what is that? Who would do that?

Chimchar growled lowly, the fire type baring his teeth and his fire burning a little brighter as he waited for an attack, "char char char. Chimchar".

Kale looked around more, and noticed that the Nidoqueen wasn't the only Pokemon in it's room. There were multiple Nidorans, as well as Nidorinos and Nidorinas, all lying around the Nidoqueen. There were even two Nidoking, both looked short compared to the Nidoqueens. Kale looked closer, and could see Nina on the outer edge of the group.
"Nina!" Kale exclaimed, putting his hand to the glass. None of the Pokemon inside gave any indication they heard him.
"Ahem." Kale spun around to see another Team Rocket Grunt, a lady with purple hair, standing at the entrance they had just came through. She was wearing the standard grunt uniform, and at her belt were four Pokeballs and a shiny black whip. Her hands were clasped behind her back in an official manner.
"Experiment NQ-108." She said, nodding at the Nidoqueen. "Previously known as Experiments NQ-106 and Experiments NQ-107. The first two experiments were in order to make her more powerful, with physical and psychic capabilities. The phyisical capability experiment, 106, worked fine. However, 107 was a complete and utter failure."

'What the heck.' Rachel thought. She stared at Experiment NQ-108. She shivered. Paige landed on Rachel's shoulder. "Hawlucha." she said quietly. Paige didn't like it either.

"So, you made the Nidoqueen stronger and tried to make it smarter." Kale said.
"Yes. From what I read, the experiments put it through quite a bit of pain." The grunt said, with a half-smile.
"You're sick." Kale said. The grunt shrugged.
"After those two experiments, our facility was moved out here. We brought NQ-108 with us. You see, my superior had come up with an idea. Tell me..." The grunt paused. "Do you know what pheromones are?"

"You are disgusting people," Maya spat as she took a step forward. The trainer clenched and unclenched her fists as she glared the grunts down, "I don't care what's these pheromones are but you all need to stop".

"Char char," Chimchar growled leaping down in front of his trainer. The fire type and trainer ready to fight if need be, "char! Chimchar char"!

Last edited:
The grunt looked at Maya and smiled. Then, in a instant, the grunt's expression changed to one of pure contempt.
"A little Chimchar." She turned to Rachel.
"A Hawchula." The grunt turned to Kale.
"An Emolga." The grunt said.
"You think you can threaten me, children? I hold your very lives in the palm of my hand. The only reason you still breath is my amusement." The grunt said harshly. "I could have fried you while you climbed the fence. I could have flooded the hallways with poisonous gas. Yet I let you in."

"Why then? If we are so amusing then why do care if we know what the pheromones are? Why not just put us in a maze to run in circles," Maya asked her hand sliding into her bag where she grabbed onto another pokeball hidden within. The trainer relaxed a little before straighting her face into gentle smile, "I wonder what your boss will think we they find out you let people get into your oh so secret base".

Chimchar looked at his trainer and the two made eye contact for a brief moment before looking back at the team rocket members. The fire type took a few steps forward but didn't do anything, "char char char".

Rachel smiled slyly at the grunt. Her hand edged towards one pokeball in particular. Chi Chi's pokeball. "Amusing, huh." Rachel said to the grunt. 'One wrong move, and she's in for it.' she thought. Rachel grabbed Chi Chi's pokeball.

Maya looked over at Rachel and kale. Her hand flexing around the pokeball in its hold. Chimchar let out flames from his mouth ever so often as his tail flaired, standing tall as he surveyed the enemies, "why did you care if we know what the pheromones are? We are just some kids who are to nosy for their own good".

The grunt smiled again.
"A few weeks ago, after we concluded our experimentation with NQ-108, were forced to evacuate this facility. This region had come under public eye for it's natural wonders. For the last few weeks, it has only been me and four others maintaining this facility, just to record the final days of NQ-108." The grunt nodded at the Nidoqueen again. "That's right. She's dying. Usually, she would have a much longer lifespan. However, now that she has been... modified, there has been quite a few unexpected things occurring. Not that you would care. As for your comment..."
The grunt pulled a walkie talkie from her belt.
"My boss doesn't need to know you've been here." She said. She activated the walkie talkie.
"Caesar!" She barked.
"What is it, Julia?" A grunt said from the walkie talkie.
"Prep the explosives."
"...Julia, it's three days early. NQ-"
"Just do it. I'll let you know when to detonate." Julia said, turning off her walkie talkie. She put her attention back to the three trainers. "Now, one of three things will occur. Number three: You walk out. Number Two: You die in the explosion. And number one..."
The Team Rocket Grunt gave a wicked smile. "My Pokemon tear you to bits."
She reached onto her belt and threw three Pokeballs into the air. Three flashes of red light, and three Pokemon appeared.
"Nido!" The Nidorino roared.
"Rata!" The Raticate growled, showing off it's teeth. The Nidorina just growled. Julia had a confident smirk on her face.
"Are you ready?" She asked.

Kale swallowed nervously as his Emolga peeked her head out of his shirt.
"Mole!" Shine said, flying up and landin in front of her trainer.
"Sh-Shine... you don't have to fight. She means business." Kale said. Shine shook her head and stood her ground.

"Let's see how this goes. I'm going to regret this but! Valor! I need your help," Maya yelled as she through the pokeball she had in her bag up, the light streaming out in a zigzag line as Pawnaird appeared. The dark type materializing with its arms crossed and glare evident in his face. The Pokemon looked back at Maya, eyes holding a look that said 'I told you so'. Maya huffed but didn't do anything about it, "I'm not dealing with this right now. We have a problem and you can help fix it".

Rachel threw the pokeball that she had grabbed. There was a flash of light. Then Chi Chi appeared. "Ralts." she said. Paige flew off of Rachel's shoulder and landed next to Chi Chi. "Hawlucha." Paige said in a defiant tone.

Julia wasted no time in giving commands.
"Nidorino, Thunderbolt on Hawchula. Raticate, Hyper Fang the Ralts. Nidorina, Body Slam the Emolga." The grunt directed calmly. Nidorino's horn sparked with electricity, then blasted an electric attack at Paige. At the same time, Raticate dashed over to Chi-Chi and attacked with Hyper Fang.
Shine was barely able to dodge the Nidorina's Body Slam attack, just flying above it.
"Shine, Thunder Wave on Nidorina!" Kale said. Shine attacked the Nidorina with a mild electric attack, paralyzing it.

"Chimchar! Use blaze kick on nidorino. Valor, fury cutter on rattata, "Maya order as her Pokemon surged forward, Chimchar leaping into the air before coming down wit a firey kick to the poison type. Valor charged after the rattata, the blades on his arms glowing as he tried to intercept the attack, "don't count us out".
"Char!"
"Pawn!"

"Paige, Wing Attack on Nidorino. Chi Chi, Confusion on the Raticate." Rachel said. Paige and Chi Chi nodded. Chi Chi used Confusion on Raticate. Paige used Wing Attack on Nidorino.

Chimchar's Blaze Kick pushed Nidorino back, far enough that it caused to Hawchula's Wing Attack to miss. Meanwhile, the combined attacks of the Ralts and Pawnard were enough to push the Raticate back.
"Tch." Julia muttered. 5 on 3... These kids are more heartless then I thought. I may have underestimated them. Julia thought as she pulled a Parlyz Heal from her bag. She sprayed Nidorina with it, and at the same time pulled another Pokeball from her belt.
"Go, Machamp!" The grunt said, sending out her fighting-type Pokemon.
"Machamp, Vital Throw on the Chimchar. Nidorino, another Thunderbolt on the Hawchula. Raticate, Hyper Fang on Ralts. Nidorina, Body Slam the Emolga." Julia directed calmly. The Machamp went to grab Chimchar and throw it at the Pawnard as the Nidorino shot another electric attack at the Hawchula. Raticate charged again at the Ralts, much more determined to land it's attack.
This time, Shine wasn't so lucky when it came to dodging. The Nidorina hit the Emolga dead on, slamming it to the ground.
"Shine!" Kale exclaimed. "Double Team!"
Shine nodded, then began to fly back and forth at high speeds. Suddenly, there appeared to be three Emolgas where there was previously one.

Chimchar hit Valor head on, the two skidding back before getting up slowly. Maya froze as that happened before growling at Julia, "Chimchar, Valor! You two okey"?

The Pokemon slowing got up and nodded to their trainer and rose to stand. Both not looking the best as they faced their enemy. Maya took out their pokeballs and went to call them back only for the two to leap out of the way.

"Chim"!
"Aird"!

"Alright then! Chimchar use ember on machamp and Valor follow it up with a psycho cut," The Raven haired trainer order and her Pokemon obeyed. Chimchar blasted out a flurry of embers toward the fighting type, Valor using the attack to get close to his target and swipe with two large blades of psychic energy.

The Machamp easily protected himself from the embers, but the psychic attack took him off guard and forced him back.
"Machamp, Cross Chop on Pawnaird." Julia said. The Machamp raised his arms and attacked the Pawnaird with a powerful double chop.
"Nidorina, Poison Jab." Julia commanded. The Nidorina launched herself at one of the multiple Emolgas, only to phase through.

"Shine, Double Team again!" Kale said. Suddenly, two more Emolgas seemed to appear.
"Now, Thunderbolt!" Kale said, and Shine shot an electric attack at the Nidorina, hitting it head on.

Chimchar blocked the attack that was headed for his partner by using another blaze kick. Maya glared down Julia as she growled, teeth clenched and shoulders stiff, "Valor! Psycho cut again. Chimchar, leer then follow it up with a blaze kick".

The two Pokemon nodded in sync, Valor dodging under Chimchar to deliver Machamp and Chimchar used the fighting type's body to leap off and glare at his enemy then charging up to attack.

The Machamp saw the Pawnaird's attack coming a mile away, and sidestepped it like a pro... right into the Chimchar's blaze kick. Julia didn't even flinch when the psycho cut came within inches of hitting her.
"Machamp, Vital Throw." Julia said, smirking at Maya. The Machamp went to grab the Chimchar, to slam it into the ground. Julia surveyed the battlefield in a moment, and realized that it was futile to go after the Emolga.
"Nidorina, Body Slam the Pawnaird." Julia directed. The Nidorina turned from battling the Emolga to charge at the Pawniard.

"Hey! Don't underestimate me!" Kale said, pointing at Julia. However, his command for Shine died at his lips when he saw Julia sudden charge towards Maya, unfurling her whip and attacking Maya.
"H-hey! Maya! Look out!" Kale exclaimed.

Maya turned when she heard her name being called, the girl stumbling back as fear stuck her, searing pain ripped through left arm as the whip made contact. Chimchar seeing what was about to happen unleashed a ember attack straight at Julia's back before the machamp threw him harshly into the ground, the fire type unconscious in the small crater the move caused. Valor saw the nidorina rushing toward him and leapt over the poison type, the dark type also catching what Julia was doing and followed Chimchar's ember with a psycho cut to the human, "Pawnaird"!

Rachel threw out her third pokeball. Azalea, her Chikorita, appeared in a flash of light."Azalea, Vine Whip on Julia." she said. Azalea nodded, and soon Julia was wrapped in Azalea's vines. "Chi Chi, Double Team. Paige, Karate Chop." Rachel said to the others. Both of them followed the commands.

"Ok finally done transferring my Pokémon. That took way to long." Seth said while letting all his Pokémon in his party out. He had a Quilava,Nidoking,Pidgeot,Dragonite,Lapras,and a Garchomp. he walked out of the building and saw that everyone was gone. He told Cynder to sniff out Rachel. So Seth ran to Rachel and saw she was fighting. "Are these other trainers your friends or enemies?" Seth said.