• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A New Beginning! - The Mythical Arcadia Region!

A lump was forming in Phoenix's throat, but she pushed it down. "Yeah. I'm Phoenix, by the way. Uh, I'm not really special, but I do have the best Pokemon by my side!" She said, ruffling Torchic's feathers. Torchic coped with pride. "I just started my adventure to-today…" Phoenix took a deep breath, "today, so I don't have a team yet."
(OOC: I'm going to bed. See you in the mornin'!)

Keiko walked out with a plate of Poffins, Pokepuffs and Cookies. She caught sight of poor Phoenix. "Hey I didn't think we met properly yet" She smiled at him, "I'm Keiko, here, take some" she offered Phoenix some treats for him and his Pokemon.

Phoenix took the cookies. "Thanks." She said, biting into one. "These are delicious! I'm Phoenix." Torchic stole it and gulped down. "Hey!" Phoenix gasped. "You wouldn't, you naughty Pokemon!" She said, slapping the Torchic affectionately.

Maya looked up from her wrestling fit with her Pokemon and grabbed a cookie and two pokepuffs for her Pokemon. The trainer shorting the healer a smile in thanks before stuffs the cookie into her mouth and starting to wrestle again, "thanks"!

Phoenix hid her face in her hands. "Let Maya explain." She said. "Torchic just r-ran…" She stopped. "Yeah. I can't." Phoenix sniffled. Torchic brought her a cookie. "Thanks." She gave Torchic a Pokepuff.

Seth fell asleep on the roof with Cynder thinking about his family. He rolled off the roof while sleeping and when he hit the ground he woke up. "What happened?" Seth asked on the floor. He saw that all the pokemon were still playing so he took a cookie and sat down.

"Oh! Well Kale's nidoran was acting weird since they got close. Chimchar and Shine found a building out in the forest and we went to see what it was about. We saw a team rocket grunt came and started toward us, kale and I freaked and we knocked the guy out and went in. Everything kinda spiraled out of control, one of the people we went against had a whip and attacked us. We won. They were doing things, things that weren't right. They blew up their base to cover their trail," As Maya went on she kinda deflated her demeanor hardening as she recalled seeing the harm that team rocket cased to all the Pokemon inside the base. Chimchar and Valor sitting on her lap as they tried to cheer her up, "no ones dead though so that's good".

Keiko grinned her teeth. "Team Rocket..." She repeated, recalling her own run in with that team. "Earlier this year they trashed our village, trying to steal other people's Pokemon. I was very busy" Keiko clenched her fists, recalling the horrific scenes.

"Yeah. Their jerks like that," Maya smiled swiping another cookie to munch on. The girl stuffing it into her mouth as her fire type jumped onto the back of her head. Maya smiled and rubbed her pokemon's head before looking for up at Keiko.

Seth told all his pokemon to come back and rest for the night. "Wow today was chaotic." Seth climbed back on to the roof. "It's cool if I sleep here for the night right? I mean your the boss here Keiko." Seth was munching on a cookie and he gave all his pokemon 2 poke puffs before recalling them back to their poke balls.

"What are your next steps?" Keiko asked grabbing a cookie for herself.

Pichu looked up to the chimchar on Maya's head. She grabbed a poffin and handed it to the monkey Pokemon.

Keiko looked at Seth. "Oh you were out when I invited everyone else." She explained putting her question to Maya on hold. "So of course! I'd also like to change the wrapping on your wound tomorrow morning."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Seth, your going to fall," Maya laughed up at the other trainer on the roof. She looked back at Keiko with a smile, Chimchar still sitting on her head and Valor sitting on her lap, "we are going to train, grow stronger, and stop them is we ever come across them again. Well atleast I am, not sure about everyone else. Also explore, I came to the region to see sights and draw its untouched beauty".

"Nah I'll be fine Maya." Seth said laughing. "How long will it take to put on the new patch Keiko? I plan go out early in the morning and train tomorrow." He grabbed a water bottle from his book bag and drank some water. Seth layed down with Cynder thought about the adventures he had.

Keiko smiled, "I'm up normally early, so you won't have to worry. A patch usually takes a minute or two" She explained, "But I was wondering..." She paused, collecting her words so she didn't sound like a complete idiot. "If I could join you guys on your journey. I've never been on a journey before, and I can heal and fight quite well".

"Well, I'd be in favor of that." Rachel said. "Haw!" Paige said. The Hawlucha jumped onto Rachel's head. The Male Nidoran had decided to stay with Rachel. She had decided to name him Torque. The Male Nidoran sniffed at everything within his reach, while Chi Chi and Azalea chased each other.

Trent looked around, realizing he was in a forest alone. "Hello, is anyone there," he trent said, looking around for anyone.
"Hey, look a person, maybe they'll help"
Trent ran to them, but tripped on a pokemon.
"Are you ok little Eevee" he said helping the pokemon.
"Vee" the pokemon said, not seeming to mind, just seeming sad.
"Hey, do you want to come with me" he asked the pokemon.
The pokemon nudged a pokeball on his belt and went inside.
"Now I have to talk to those trainers" Trent said, walking to them.

Phoenix shrugged. "I don't care." Then she blushed, realizing how insensitive that sounded. "Uh, I mean… uh…" She looked around, waiting for someone to spare her from the awkwardness.

"It would be an honor," Maya smiled as she stood, throwing one arm around Phoenix's shoulders and the other holding her small dark type to her chest, "the more the merrier, is what my brother would say if her was around".

"Seth wake me up tomorrow and I'll train with you! Also got to release that grunts Pokemon," Maya sighed releasing her grasp on Valor when he squirmed free. The trainer smiling as Chimchar chased after him as they played almost as if nothing had happened.

Keiko clapped her hands together, "Thank you so much!" She cheered, her three Pokemon on hand looked at her, "Guys, we're coming with them on a journey! Isn't that exciting?!"

"Twig, Turtwig!" Turtwig cheered, "Sylv,Sylveon!" Chirped Slyveon , "Chu!" Pichu smiled

"Now this is turning into a party," Maya cheered beaming, both of her Pokemon raising their arms like their trainer and crying out in happiness. The Raven haired girl twirled around before stopping and placed her hands on her hips, "this is gonna be awesome".

Seth was already asleep and he began to roll but he was on the edge of the roof. One of his hands and legs were over the side but he just kept sleeping. He was dreaming about how his life was before he became a trainer. Before he slept he let out all his pokemon in his party to sleep peacefully.

"Seth! Your gonna fall, you idiot," Maya yelled seeing the male trainer laying partially off the roof. She waved her arms around before finally giving up. She looked back at Keiko, "if you don't mind me asking. Where are we going to be staying for the night, like sleeping arrangements"?

"Wow, your prepared for everything," Maya said in awe as she followed the healer, her pokemon on following. She sat one one of the lower bunks and shook her head when she looked out the window, "he's seriously going to fall off the roof her sleeps there though".

"Sure. Sounds good." Rachel spoke up from where she was behind them. Torque ran in and laid down next to a bed. The Male Nidoran fell asleep instantly. Chi Chi floated behind Rachel, the Kirlia being a little more cautious than torque. Azalea stood by her trainer. Paige had somehow managed to fall asleep on Rachel's head. The redhead chuckled quietly to herself as she gently set the Hawlucha down on a bed.

"Thank you for letting us stay, it is really nice of you," Maya smiled falling back into the bed, her body now almost completely dry from the splash earlier. Her short black hair splayed out underneath her head as she let out a sigh, "I have a this crushing feeling that it wansmy fault. I kinda lead and pushed people to follow into situations that weren't safe. That's not what a good friend would do even though we saved those pokemon".

"Guess your right. Hey! My bro can't say that I didn't get out of that mess," Maya said smiling as Chimchar stool all the pillows and Valor started yelling at him. The trainer moving to separate the pillows into two even groups, "Valor, Chimchar, that's enough to fighting for the night, okey".

"Chim"!
"Pawn".

"Good to hear. I'm sorry if they ever cause to much trouble for you guys," Maya looked back at Keiko, hair swishing around her hair as she did. The girl falling oce again onto her bunk, spooking her Pokemon who almost fell off.

(I'm BAAAAAACK!!!)
"Nina! Nina!" Kale called out into the woods as he walked. After the nice girl had healed him up a little bit, he had slipped away back into the forest to look for his Nidoran Female. It was starting to get dark, and he was getting more worried by the moment.
"Nina, where are you?" Kale said, rubbing his shoulder. It still hurt from where the Nidorino gored him, and the cut under his eye he received from the grunt's whip was still bleeding a little.
Next to him, a bush shuffled.
"Nina?" Kale asked, walking over to the bush. He pushed it aside, and his Nidoran Female quickly darted out from under it, away from him.
"Nina, wait!" Kale said. The Nidoran Female stopped, and Kale walked over to her.
"Are you OK?" Nina looked away shamefully.
"Hey, hey. It's OK. I'm fine now." Kale said. "It wasn't your fault, Nina."
Nina looked at her trainer, then rubbed affectionately against him.
"Come on, let's head back to the village." Kale said. The trainer and his Pokemon walked back to the village. Once he got to the village, however, Kale realized that he didn't know where everyone was. He walked around for a few minutes when he saw Seth asleep on the roof.
"Hey! Uh... Trainer... dude!" Kale yelled up to Seth.

Meanwhile, in an unknown location...

"I take full responsablities for the actions which occured at facility 4." Julia said. She was standing at attention in front of her superior's desk, a man named Delta. He had well trimmed black hair, and rectangular glasses. Although Julia would never admit it, Delta terrified her. Something about his calmness and coolness just unerved her. A few moments of silence passed as Delta took in what Julia had said. He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, shaking his head, then stood up. Off his desk, grabbed on of his favorite decorations, a razor sharp fossilized Kabutops claw scythe. Julia's heart leapt into her throat, but she did not break attention.
"So. You mean to tell me that you, my head of security, not only let multiple children wander around our facility, but were defeated by them?" Delta asked, walking around his desk. He began to rythmaclly tap the Kaputops claw on his desk as he walked.
"Yes, sir." Julia said. She hadn't even tried to lie in her report. Delta would always find out some how. The tapping continued.
"When you went to confront them, you told them a part of our plan, and then they stole your Pokemon." Delta said.
"Yes, sir. I had not anticipated a fourth one coming, and had forgotten to re-activate the electric fence." Julia stated. This is how it goes. Julia thought. You've seen him do this before. Be ready! Be ready! Julia began to focus as hard as she could on Delta, without it looking like she was.
"And there is one thing you have left out... what, exactly, was the reasoning behind this careless action?" Delta asked, tapping away at his desk.
"I... I..." Julia looked away, ashamed. "I was... bored, sir."
"You risk... our entire plan... because you were bored." Delta stated. He stopped tapping his desk and turned his back to Julia.
He suddenly whirled around, fast as lightning, swinging the Kabutops claw straight for Julia's neck. Julia however, had seen her boss do this multiple times, to other grunts, and knew it was coming. While Delta turned towards her, Julia tried to duck underneath the strike. She reacted a moment too late, and the Kabutops claw slashed up the left side of her face. Julia screamed and fell to the ground, clutching her eye.
Delta looked at his fallen minion as blood dripped from the wound he inflicted, impressed. Any other person would have been killed. He thought. He knelt down and put the point of the Kabutops claw under Julia's chin.
"I should kill you. Buuuuut... we've been through so much together..." Delta said, acting like he was lost in thought. Julia didn't seem to hear him. She was trying to stop herself from crying.
"You're demoted. Mark and Antony will be taking your position." Delta said coldly.
"B-boss..." Julia gasped through the pain.
"Don't forget, Julia. You're just a lowly grunt. I can replace you at anytime. You. Are. Nothing. Now get out of my office, you're getting blood on my floor." Delta said, standing back up and walking back to his desk. Julia dragged herself through the door. Delta pressed a button on the intercom on his desk.
"Cleo, please send in Mark and Antony." Detla said to his secretary. A few moments later, the grunts Mark and Antony walked into his room. They both looked quite scared.
"Boys!" Delta said opening his arms. Antony flinched. "Today is your lucky day! You're both the heads of my secruity now."
"Uh... thank you, sir." Mark said nervously.
"Now, before you get to that paperwork and stuff, I need you to do me a favor." Delta said, sitting down in his chair and putting his feet up on his deck. He began to wipe the blood of his Kabutops claw.
"Yes, sir?" Mark asked.
"Could you, please, just do the tiny thing of tracking down those so-called "punks" that broken into facility four, for me? Please?" Delta asked. "Because, you know, they kinda know things now. So, if you two could get a team and make sure that those punks never speak. Again."
Delta finished cleaning the Kabutops claw and stuck it into his desk with a loud THUNK, making Antony flinch again. "That would be great."
Mark gave a smile.
"Sure thing, boss." Mark said.

Phoenix flopped down onto a bed. Or at least tried to. She missed and hit her head on the edge. "Oww…" she moaned, placing her hand on the bruise that was now forming. She didn't cry, which was a relief to her. Phoenix didn't think she could take anymore tears. With a sigh, she climbed onto the lower bunk, closed her eyes, and drifted into a fitful sleep.

Hearing kale outside, Maya rolled off the bed and poked her head out the door to see the boy, "Kale! Where did you go? You missed cookies! Oh and Keiko said we could stay here for the night".

"Did you find Nina? Is that what you were out looking for," the trainer asked tilting her head to the side as she looked the boy over. Her eyes lingering on the cut that was on his head, "you should probably let Keiko look at that. Don't want it to get infected".

(Just jump in. We did make character things up but that was just to help everyone understand each other's characters)

"Yeah, she was. Are you going to come in or are we going to stand out here and watch the stars for a bit? Not that I would mind," Maya nudged Kale's uninjufed arm as she moved forward with a smile. The girl used her other hand to flick hair out of her face.

Rachel woke up to Torque nudging her. "Who needs an alarm clock if they have a Pokémon like you." she muttered to the Nidoran Male. Rachel gently stroked Torque. She suddenly noticed that others were awake. "Oh. Good morning." Rachel said.

(Chris? Have you read the site's rules yet. Just don't want you to get into trouble)

Maya slide to the ground using the wall, and looked up at the slowly darkening sky. Stars starting to litter the dark expanse, "see beautiful! So much space, some much unexplored. See that right there that's a constellation. So is that over there".

Maya looked over at Rachel with a raised eyebrow and a laugh. She smiled and pointed to the sky, "I think your Pokemon may have woken you up a little early".

Rachel glared at Torque. "Why did you wake me up when it's still dark out?" she asked the Nidoran Male. "Nido." Torque said. He managed to unzip Rachel's backpack and pull out one of her bags of berries that Rachel always had on hand. "Nido." Torque said after he had set the bag down in front of Rachel. "But you had five pokepuffs earlier, how can you possibly be hungry?" Rachel asked the Nidoran Male. Torque gave her a funny look.