• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Zorua and Zoroark

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Instead of making tiny news updates every single time new info/pics are released on these guys, I'm just going to place it here... The rest of you can do the same and discuss the two Pokemon, the 13th movie, etc.

Anyways, the official Japanese Pokemon website and the 13th movie website updated recently with clearer pics of these two. On the official site and this page too:

index_movie_pic_06.gif

g100215_03-pic01.jpg

I'm sure some of you banner/wall paper/artists peoples will find uses for these =)

Any of you guys able to rip images off of flash sites? (Aka. the movie website) The quality on these images is just really nice, and it's a different pose for Zorua:

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/zoroark/index.html#/zoroark

It doesn't look like the movie site updated with anything we don't already know, but then - I can't read Japanese xp

If only I could read Japanese, then I could tell what that's saying... anyway, I think that the box (on the information table) with '? ? ?' in is gender and the one above could be type.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The ability being a seekrit pretty much guarantees that it will have a whole new one. Considering in the movie Zoroark apparently has the Ninetales like ability to either shapeshift or create illusions, I'm hoping we'll see a cool new ability built around that.

Yes! New pictures! I love the top pose for Zorua. It looks less cute, but it still looks cool.

However, what is up with Zoroark? It seems to be two different colors. Hopefully this is just gender differences or something, not my eyes. :p

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
It's a recurring inconsistency actually - the Sugimori art seems to show the eyes and hair-tie-bead-thing being teal-ish while anime art makes them blue. It looks like someone can't make up their damn mind. XD

I think the colour differences may be down to how each is coloured, the art and the anime using different techniques results in different colours. If I remember correctly, the anime changed at some point how it was coloured, resulting in a change of Officer Jenny's hair colour (don't ask how I know this >.>) which was teal, to being blue.

Ergo... *waves at Zorua and Zoroark*

I didn't particularly like the shapes. But it's growing on me. I like the evolved form.. it looks anthropomorphized, and it works. I think the little one could be cuter.. Neat concepts. Wish I could read japanese kanji. :p

I think they could afford to be a lot more unique (Zoroark looks like Lucario/Mighteyena, Zorua looks like Eevee/Vulpix). I can't wait to see the movie though. I'm very confused though; wasn't the 13th movie going to have something to do with Lugia and Ho-Oh?There's a trailer that shows Lugia and Ho-Oh fighting, now suddenly it's Raikou, Suicune and Entei fighting? :S
I guess I'll find out once the movie comes out.

personally i like the bottom Zoroark art better, the one with the darker colors and teal band. I think the ? ? ? is ability and i hope he gets nasty plot.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
personally i like the bottom Zoroark art better, the one with the darker colors and teal band. I think the ? ? ? is ability and i hope he gets nasty plot.

Zoroark looks like it'd be more of a physical attacker (although I could easily be proven wrong), so Nasty Plot wouldn't be that great of a move for it. Besides, I'm more interested in seeing if they give it a signature move like they did with Lucario and Aura Sphere. A wicked new Dark type move will be cool.

Now that would be interesting, Red. From what I gather here, this fox line might turn out to be a Dark type Lucario. However, I hope it isn't that similar, as a 'Trickster Beam' (or something like that) would be somewhat boring.