• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Bella seemed to have a sheepish smile at the comment she could "change" things around here as she rubbed the back of her head. "I wouldn't go that far, one student only has so much sway..." Bella confessed, though as she glanced at the two students who seemed to show fair sportsmanship and others including Lance applaud them as a small smile crossed her lips. "...though change does begin with a single step. And I always believe in moving forward." Bella said as she stood up from her seat and glanced at Lance.

"Thank you for showing me around, I am sure I'll have a million questions for you but for the time being I'll give you peace of mind. I'll be trying out my duel disc at my room." Bella explained to Lance before she began to move out of the crowd with the goal to head to Obelisk Blue's women's dorm to both get acquainted with her room and also to try out a proper duel disc for herself. Needless to say that last duel she had seen had gotten her excited for whenever she'd get her own chance to see how she stacked up against the best of Duel Academy.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
The gladiator beast cosplayer controlled the crowd, leading them in a cheer for the losing party, Tracy. This made Ms. Dorothy beam brightly. Walking over to where Willow stood, she put the microphone up to herself.

“And Willow is the winner of this tournament! Thank you all so much for attending and spectating this event!”

As the crowd cheered, technicians wasted no time going to work on fixing the dueling arena. Though through the crowd, Bix cried out loudly, however drowned out it was by the applause.

“Whyyyyyyyy!”

“Maybe if you didn’t put your hopes so high you wouldn’t be so disappointed.”

“S-Shut up with your facts and logic!”

Seeing Bob move to buy her a card pack, Bix steed daggers at him.

If you steal my girl I’ll end your life.”

“Go on Bob, don’t wait on our account!” Braxer grinned, pushing Bix aside. The stout duelist was getting his sweet revenge for having to deal with Bix’s annoying love triangle.

“Why, hello there!”

A cheery voice spoke to Bella whilst she was on her way back to her dorm. A rather small figure approached, wearing a blue uniform rather snugly on his person. He wore a red headband with some kind of smiling cartoon fox? Rat? It was too crude to tell. The black and white haired boy smiled at her.

“Your a new face! I’m just tickled pink! What’s your name?”

"You think I'd wait on Bix to get his thoughts together? If I did that, I'd be 30 years old by now. All things considered, I'd say it was a succesful day. I got Backie, we had a good laugh, Bix managed to keep a conversation going with a girl, Weasel returned, all we need now is Braxer to get a Blue-Eyes and we're golden." Chuckling to himself, Bob stretched his arms and made his way to the store. After going over the card packs, he decided to buy three for himself and two for Tracy. After all, why shouldn't he? Tracy did well and his deck needed some more power, if only he could get something like Barrel Dragon, Jinzo or usable gear monsters. It was luck of the draw for now, surely there was something that he could use?

As he returned to the arena, the boy whistled a cheerful tune. "So, what's next on the agenda? Are we going to enjoy the festivities some more or are we skipping ahead to bullying Bix for getting his hopes up too much? I'm honestly down for both, though I can't wait to get my pockets back. I honestly don't know how people live without them."

Lance watched as Bella walked away, keeping a small smile.
"Bella Williams..." Lance said quietly as she exited the stadium. He turned his attention back to the stadium, watching as the students began to depart. Quite a few interesting first years this semester, indeed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As strange as it was, Willow having Tracy stick around for a little bit did help Tracy's mood slightly. Even if it was a loss, it had been a close one. Maybe her losing streak was coming to an end soon? But that raised other questions. Was her D.D. deck really so inferior that this Penguin deck she had managed to throw together was able to procure her a win with such close portions? In fact, it seemed to be her want to banish her opponents monsters that had really doomed Tracy's fate in that last duel.

Feeling uncertain of herself, Tracy wandered around trying to find the trio of boys. After a bit of searching, she managed to find them and made her way over to Bob, Bix, and Braxer.
"Hey, guys." Tracy said to the trio. "That was, uh... a more unusual duel, wasn't it?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Heck yeah, I'd say you lived up to that glory! That was awesome!" Jira said when Willow returned, giving his friend a high five. The Slifer Red boy practically had stars in his eyes from the intense duel he had witnessed. "It was awesome to see Heraklinos come out again, even if it was only for a really short time. And who knew Penguins could be so tough? I thought your Gladiator Beasts were just going to tear through them, but they really held their own."

A thought seemed to strike Jira, and the Slifer Red paused. If those Penguins could hold their own against Willow's Gladiator Beasts... then they could probably hold their own against his own Kaiju. Probably even beat them. Not a duel Jira wanted to see.
"Still, that was awesome! I sure hope Tobias saw that duel." Jira said to Willow.

As Bella advanced towards her dorm, she heard a sudden voice almost drop behind her as she was momentarily taken aback before she settled to scan the figure. Seemed to be another Obelisk Blue with a headband and curious animal on it, along with a split of white and black hair that seemed to try to strike up conversation with her.

"Oh uh hello there. Yeah I am a new transfer to the Academy. Bella, a pleasure." Bella smiled as she extended a polite greeting to the guy.

“Y’a know, I thinks we should find Weasel. I don’t think I have the patience to be the one roping Bix anymore.”

“Oh please!” Bix pipped up. “Y-You know you are just as lost without him guiding us!”

“...Whatever. We should just find him.”

“Hah! I knew it! Worse lost than head over hee-“

“Hey guys.”

Catching his words mid sentence, Bix’s eyes went wide around, slowly turning to Tracy with a flush of red on his cheeks.

“—eeeeeeeeeey Tracy.” Bix flowed in. “S-So...penguins huh? They are cool...so cool, right?”

“Aw shucks! Pleasure’s all mine!” He extended a hand toward her. “Weasel’s the name, Weasel the detective.”

Weasel smiled up at her, his eyes looking into hers in a seemingly cheerful manner. In actuality, he was reading her facial expressions for weaknesses and for slight changes depending on his word choices and mannerisms.

"It sure was an unique one, though that voice got annoying fast. I know I said I wanted to save money, but today's a special day. Catch, Trace. You've earned it, I know you did way better than I would have. Those Gladiator Beasts would've torn me to bits if I was in your spot." Tossing the two card packs at Tracy, Bob flexed his fingers. He had no clue what was inside of the packs, though one seemed water based and the other seemed a bit more banish-esque. "So, how are you feeling? Bit lightheaded after the adrenaline died down?"

---------------

Willow returned the high five and scratched the back of her head. "I really should not have gone for Heraklinos, given how expensive it is and how control orientated her deck was, but I just couldn't resist that attack stat. It was really close though, I kept drawing cards I had no use for like Rod of Silence and Battle Manica. If it was a best out of three match, I am confident that Tracy would've won eventually. But hey, a tournament win against a deck I never faced before? I'll take it, now I know neither Kaiju nor penguins can stop me. Who knows? If this streak continues, I just might make it to Ra and leave you to eat my dust." Willow grinned as she attempted to ruffle Jira's hair.

"Weasel? That by chance a nickname?" Bella asked, as someone named Weasel seemed a touch curious a regular name choice but she did extend her hand to shake Weasel's own though when he mentioned the name "detective" this caught Bella's attention as she remembered what Lance had told her earlier comment about a student being in charge of this series of "pranks" on campus. Could this guy be who he referred to?

"I see. I heard a rumor that there was an investigation concerning rogue pranks on campus being led by a fellow student. By any chance would you happen to be that student?" Bella asked naturally curious as she looked for confirmation.

“Nope! 100% gen-u-ine!” He chuckled, shaking her hand. “My dear old mother named me after her favorite animal, God rest her soul.”

He made a sign of the cross with his hands, further cementing the thought that his mother had died. Opening his eyes at the question, he gave a smile, pointing to himself.

“Why, the one and only! I’m the one that’s taking it to the devious rogue prankster! They think they can do all these awful poor taste pranks, well I’m gonna be the one to put a end to it! I already narrowed down the suspects, so it’s only a matter of time!”

Getting a glint in his eyes after spinning this story, he slid over to her side, putting a hand on her shoulder.

“Speaking of mysteries, aren’t you the interesting figure! I can’t put my whittle finger on it, but there’s this aura about you. What’s your shtick? Are you a princess? A swashbuckling pirate? There’s something there. I feeeeeel it.”

Kenny let out a sigh in relief when Willow struck the final blow, and then immediately remembered that Dahlia was still right next to him. Maybe she didn't hear it. Maybe she would misinterpret it. Maybe maybe maybe.

"That was...an interesting duel indeed," he said, applauding both duelists as they left the stage. Seemed like all the duels he'd been watching or participating in lately could fall under the term 'interesting'. "Those penguins definitely did put up more of a fight than I thought they would. Say," he continued, "Do you maybe think she wanted to try out a new banishment deck? I mean, given the effects of the penguins combined with Degenerate Circuit." He still thought it to be strange that the Ra Yellow girl hadn't brought her D.D. deck. "In either case, both sides played really well. I don't like to admit it, but I honestly don't know whether I could have done better out there."

That said, Kenny was glad to have been able to watch Willow's dueling style. Seemed she liked to take an offensive approach to her duels, just like Kenny himself did. Perfect. A clash of two hyper-offense decks would certainly be a sight to behold. And duel Willow he would! Well, eventually, anyway. Not quite today yet. The blow the Gladiator Beast had struck to his pride still lingered, though. He couldn't possibly not return the favor at some point.

Hehehe... if you ask me, she’s a walking corpse.”

Goule spoke up after a long bit of silence, his gravely voice sounded like it had been a long while since he had a drink of water. Brushing his messed up black hair aside, he cocked his head.

“Not literally of course. She sounds like she doesn’t want to be dueling with this deck. Almost as if she is truly souless. Unlike you my Gaia loving friend, she doesn’t seem as into the act.”

Matters of spirit where his speciality, so it was apparent to him to notice her in such a state of...unease? Disorder? Whatever it was, she most certainly didn’t have all her ducks in a row.

"I-I see. My condolences." Bella said, and indeed there was a degree of sympany to her words as the loss of a loved one is never easy. Although for some reason, one that probably extended to just nerves meeting another new face, but there was something in the bottom of her gut that said something about this seemed off.

She however tried to not dwell on that minor feeling as she focused on his admission as well as where the "case" had gone to this point as it seemed he narrowed down his suspect list which caused Bella to raise an eyebrow.

"I see, and who do you suspect is behind these pranks?" Bella asked, naturally curious if there indeed was evidence to pin on whoever he may or may not name than perhaps these pranks would come to an end.

Course, she herself was not gonna press judgement. Not till she had gotten an idea of what happened and more importantly why he think they were the ones who did it.

iiiiiinteresting. Dodging my question with a question. There is definitely something there. She’s got a vibe to her, one that sounds juicy. Suppose I won’t press any more on that than I need I to~

“Behind the pranks? Well! My investigation has concluded that one itsy bitsy Slifer is responsible for all these dastardly pranks! I got some more specific suspectaroonies, but I don’t think Mr.Crowler would want me tellin’ just anybody, ya big goofball!”

He chuckled, the overly cutesy tone dripping from his mouth like sap. Putting a finger to his cheeks and twisting it around innocently, Weasel turned his eyes to the sky.

“Buuut it’s good to have little birds here and there to tell me about any suspicious characters, don’tcha think? Those birds are very useful.”

Yeah, that doesn't come off as concerning in the least...

Bella had a sweat drop at the rather theater-like delivery this guy had when it came to his speech, it seemed his investigation led him to believe a Slifer was responsible for this which seemed a touch convenient. Could it be possible? Sure anything was possible but it seemed funny how the dorm already given a leg down by the school just happened to be the ones guilty of this series of crimes to.

"I respect the desire for confidentiality, cannot be easy being the head of this academy wide investigation." Bella answered in kind as Weasel seemed to make a cheeky comment about an appreciation for any info he could take which made Bella sheepishly rub the back of her head.

"Fraid I won't be much help there. Arrived on this island less than an hour ago. Give or take I tend to lose track of time observing or dueling myself." Bella said though an idea struck in her head as she had a smile towards the fellow Obelisk Blue.

"Perhaps I could join your team? I figure another member can only speed up the investigation and help us catch the wrongful party or parities involved." Bella said, as she figured she could be an objective presence on this which would help to resolve this matter the right way.

Ding

So THATS what you are about. The righteous type. Getting into affairs that aren’t your own, eh? Tsk Tsk, how bothersome. Well we can’t have that, can we?

Weasel outwardly however, grew a wholesome smile on his face, putting a hand behind his head.

“Aw, that would be just super! Could always use some help lightening the load! Ain’t you just a barrel full of honey? I think we are gonna see a lot more of each other from now on~”

He grew a wide grin, that depending on your angle you saw it could be seen as eager or devilish.

Ohohoho, this will be just dreamy~

Tracy just kinda sweatdropped at Bix's comment on penguins.
"Uh... I guess they're okay? They're certainly... interesting. I would have thought you would have been a fan of stronger monsters though." Tracy said to Bix. But I miss my D.D. deck...

Sensing movement, Tracy caught the card packs reflexively, blinking in surprise. Today was just full of those surprises. Tracy gave Bob a tired smile.
"Thanks, Bob. To be honest, I just feel... really tired. There was that acting contest first. Then that duel was a roller coaster and exhausting, and that crazy AI didn't make things any easier." Tracy said. "But that wasn't to bad of a first official duel with that deck. It made sense that I wasn't going to win right off the bat."

Tracy let out a breath, pocketing the card packs. She'd open them later.
"Still, that was really weird with the AI going haywire like that. The duel system shouldn't even have those voice lines." Tracy paused for a moment before looking back up at the three. "Do you guys think it was another prank?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, it wouldn't surprise me!" Jira said to Willow as the Slifer girl ruffled Jira's hair. Jira looked at Willow with a grin. "You're really freaking strong! It wouldn't surprise me if you were going to be moved up to Ra Yellow soon."
The Slifer Red student took a moment to readjust his hair, sticking his hands back in his pocket.
"So miss champion. What now? Any big plans for the rest of the day?" Jira asked Willow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia nodded along with what Kenny was saying, not really noticing his sigh of relief.
"That could be the case. I've just never seen her even want to switch decks before, especially one that didn't have to do with the Different Dimension cards. It's strange." Dahlia said, getting up as the students began to filter out of the arena.

"hehehe... if you ask me, she's a walking corpse."

Dahlia froze, turning and glaring back at Goule.
"...What." Dahlia said angrily. Goule explained himself, and for a moment Dahlia hesitated. Tracy had been acting a little strange, lately... But Dahlia quickly shook it off.

"What are you talking about?" Dahlia said to Goule. "If Tracy didn't want to duel with that deck, then why did she, huh?"

"Go take a nap dude, no use running around on fumes. Today's been a busy day, I'm a bit tired too and you did way more than I did." Smiling at Tracy, Bob took off his helmet and messed up his hair. "Honestly, I have no clue. It might just be a glitch in the program, it hasn't been used since the tag team tournament I think. Maybe one of the raiders spilled like some water on it? I dunno, I'd have to look at it myself. A prank sounds less likely in my opinion, there was no way someone could have entered that program today without getting noticed. This is Duel Academy, their stuff is supposed to be the highest quality possible, no?"

Bob knew damn well who was behind this, but he wasn't going to tell her. Why would he? Tracy would just get annoyed at him and this incident could help Weasel get some more brownie points with Crowler. "It is pretty weird that the arena was not tested beforehand, negligence maybe? I genuinely have no clue, such a bug would've been noticed way earlier if they did a test run."

--------------

"I'd say it is about time. As homely as the Slifer Red dorm is, I've been walking around there for two years already. I might need some more reliable backrow removal though, Bestiari, Gyzarus and Battle Halberd are the only things that I have to get rid of spells and traps." Willow admitted before rolling her shoulders. "I have no plans for today, maybe I'll buy some packs? I haven't decided yet. Why?"

He he he. One can only speculate...” Goule rested his head on his wrist. “Not comfortable with her dueling style, depressed, maybe she even lost her excitement to duel entirely. Rather ironic for Spirit week to not have a dueling spirit no? Kekeke...”

If it were up to Goule, she would have been eliminated right off the bat due to having an absent spirit, but alas it wasn’t. A shame.

“Y—Yeah! Who would make such an elaborate prank to get all those laughs for their own game? Haha c-co-couldn’t imagine! Hehe...he...”

Bix was always the worst liar anyone knew. Never share your secrets with him. He shook in place as he put a hand behind his head. Braxer, in an effort to cover for him, cleared his throat.

“Yeah, and even if they had the time to do it, they’d have to be a complete loser if this was their grand plan!”

Tossing some shade at Bob for fun, He gave a hearty laugh, Bix adding to it as well.

Bob decided to ignore Braxer's jab at him. Knowing them, there would be a fight and there was a serious risk that the beans would get spilled on accident. Deciding to take the attention away from the hacked arena, he opened two of the three cards packs he bought. He doubted that Tracy would truly mind the fact that he had one more pack than she did, but he did not really want to test that theory. Ripping open the first pack, he sifted through the cards. More Gadgets, he really did not need another Green and Red. Card Trader, not bad, but he already used one. Machine Assembly Line, that was a card that he didn't have yet. A permanent power increase of 200 and a revival method? He wasn't going to let that card go to waste. The last card in the pack was a spell card called Air Cracking Storm, an equip card that allowed a machine monster to attack twice that turn after destroying a monster in exchange of it being the only monster that was able to attack. Maybe he'd find an use for it, but most of his destruction was done with card effects. Blowback's 2300 attack was decent for a six star monster, but it was far from overpowering. For now, it would go to the card bin. The second pack was way better though, Gold and Silver Gadget in one pack? That was some serious luck, especially since they went well with Powerhold and were able to get other monsters on the field. Those were definitely going into his deck. The next card was BM-4 Blast Spider, a level 4 monster with some impressive defense. Its effect was the most interesting thing though, as it did burn damage and cleared the field of opponent's monsters. And if he read the card correctly, the burn damage would apply as long as Blast Spider was alive.

Adding all the new cards to his deck to free up his hands, the Ra Yellow drew the next card. Boot-Up Corporal - Command Dynamo, a card that used the gadgets for power. If there were no set spell or traps, it would reach a staggering height of 5000 attack! That was a bit excessive though, especially since it starts off with 2000 attack and that was half of the LP everyone had on Duel Academy. It would seem that the gadgets were finally more than tribute fodder. The last card was Pulse Mines, a simple trap that forced the opponent's monsters to go to defense mode if you controlled a machine monster. "I'd say I got some good cards from those packs, maybe I'll be a match for those penguins now. I just hope that they don't go haywire from all that water you use." Flashing a grin at Trarcy, Bob added the new cards to his deck and tossed the empty packs away. The last pack was hidden beneath his chestplate, right below Backie. "By the way, did any of you see where Weasel went? You'd think that he'd stick around for the duel, but I haven't seen that conniving weasel since the crane game. If I didn't know better, I'd say he can teleport or something. Either that or he is too small to keep a good eye on, probably the latter."

“Uh...didn’t he say somethin’ about going to Crowler?”

“Y-Yeah! Hopefully we aren’t going there...that guy gives me the creeps!”

They had no idea where Weasel was now, just where he went before. He DID just come back after vanishing for a day or so. It’s not wonder the principle would want to grill him. Probably more interested in avoiding lawsuits than the actual safety of Weasel though.

Bob sighed and rubbed his head. "Crowler huh? I knew that he had connections with him, but I don't quite know how to feel about this. I'm just going to assume that he's getting asked questions about his disappearance, because I don't know if I can handle anything else." Putting his helmet back on, the Ra Yellow stretched his arms. "Oh well, it is out of my control. He is friends with Crowler, I am not. He went missing, I didn't. I'm sure we'll see him sooner or later, no use worrying about it now. Maybe he'll brag about his latest exploits, who knows?" He really could no longer be bothered to worry about Weasel and his tricks, it was way too exhausting. Unlike his monsters, he did not have infinite fuel at his disposal.

Tracy looked at the trio incredulously as they just brushed off her response. But it was Bob's response that puzzled Tracy the most. She had thought that Bob knew a bit about how electronics work, from what he told her about fiddling with machinery as a kid. Tracy might not know much about electronics, but she knew enough that the system at Duel Academy wouldn't just have an announcer that spewed curse words. That didn't make sense!

Braxer and Bix's responses were as equally confusing to Tracy. Bix once again acting pretty strange. Something felt off here, but Tracy was having difficulty putting her finger on it. For a moment, it almost looked like Tracy was going to figure it out. But then the Ra Yellow student shook her head. She was just tired.
"I'll see you at the dorm, Bob. It was nice meeting you two." Tracy said to Bix and Braxer, and began to make her way back to the Ra Yellow dorm.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, maybe it might be a good idea to get some staple removing cards? Like Twister or Dust Tornado?" Jira suggested. When Willow said she didn't have any plans for the rest of the day, Jira just shrugged.
"Maybe you, me, and Tobias could watch some Kaiju movies later?" Jira asked.

"I'll see you there Trace, go get some rest. You deserve it." Bob waved at Tracy and waited for her to be out of sight before letting out a sigh. "Pfffff, that was a shit show if I've ever seen one. I should not have gotten away with any of that, especially not against Tracy." His calm facade had disappeared as he began pacing back and forth. "She's probably suspicious about me, I told her that I tinker with electronics as a hobby. Kid's got a good head on her shoulders, she made a reliable penguin deck from scratch. She can figure out something's off, I'm gonna need a cover story." The Ra Yellow wasn't even pretending to talk to Braxer and Bix anymore, he was just thinking out loud. "Perhaps if the topic comes up again, I can cover myself. I can tell her the basics of what could have happened without ever getting too specific, I doubt that she can figure that out. If she does, I'm in some deep trouble."

------------------

Willow cupped her chin as she looked upwards. "Hmmm, Dust Tornado can probably be useful. Twin Twisters is a bit iffy, my deck does not like cards getting discarded. I only have one copy of Gladiator's Return for spell and trap cards and Gladiator Beast's Comeback for monsters. Though I suppose I could discard like a Charcoal Inpachi or something, it is mostly useful for stalling until I draw a good card." The Slifer Red mused out loud before Jira mentioned Kaiju movies. Her attention piqued, the girl locked eyes again with Jira. "You have Kaiju movies? Sweet, I haven't seen one of those in ages!"

As Weasel seemed to internally pencil down her character type, Bella was oblivious to this inner working though had also began to wonder if this annoying pleasant persona may have been a front for something. It felt fake in a way, though Bella kept any concerns she had about him internal for the time being.

Regardless of his motive, he seemed to agree to her offer. Which was all she needed as she smiled back innocently enough.

"I hope we do. Let's just do our best to put whoever is guilty of these crimes to justice. Perhaps we can meet after my classes tomorrow, once I get adjusted to a new schedule and all."

Bella gave a tone and expression as if she totally bought into Weasel's nice guy persona, and while she had no way to tell if he was just forcing something to try and be friendly or had something underneath well...Bella looked forward to digging more into this particular Obelisk Blue.

“M’kay! Cant wait sleuth buddyyyy~!”

Waving her off, the pleasantly smiling Weasel masked his maliciousness. Internally, the true thoughts of the small duelist bubbled with emotion.

heheheheh! I was due for a new toy, what a gift from me to me! This’ll be an entertaining distraction. Who knows? Maybe they’ll be given a...true welcome. Hahahaha!

Bringing out a cellphone, he turned away from the building. Dialing up someone, he held it up to his ear.

“Yup this is Weeeeezhul. I think I found one. Yup. An Obelisk Blue named Belle. Be looking forward to it. Buh-bye~“

*Click* ... ... ...

“...”

Tobias was at the back end of the school. He was never one to be late, and being early could only mean catching more intel. The sun had almost turned to sunset, yet Tobias found himself waiting.

...For one to be distracted by the event’s happenings would be unwise amidst an important revelation on the horizons. This Lance character...what knowledge must he have to impart on an Ra that wouldn’t be for the ears of an obelisk blue of his own rank? Hm... many questions, but I shall hold fast. All will come in time.

Dahlia crossed her arms and turned away from Goule and Kenny.
"Whatever. You don't know anything." Dahlia said over her shoulder to Goule. The Obelisk Blue girl began to storm off. "I'm going to talk to Tracy. See you around, Kenny."
As the Obelisk Blue girl stormed off, Goule's words still stuck with her. Tracy had been acting strange lately. Was something really wrong? They needed to talk...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do I have kaiju movies?! Heck yeah! I wouldn't have came here without them!" Jira said excitedly, giving Willow a toothy smile. The Slifer Red began to make their way back to the dorm, and Jira pulled out his phone.
Hey dude! Wanna watch some kaiju movies tonight? The Slifer Red texted to Tobias.
"So, you said you've seen some kaiju movies before? Do you remember which ones?" Jira asked Willow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"... Impatient?" A voice from behind Tobias asked. Lance had just walked out of the school, and was on his way to meet up with the Ra Yellow. The Obelisk Blue was dressed in his standard school uniform, and had a small backpack slung across his back. It was going to be a bit of hike where they were going. He gave the Ra Yellow a small smile as he adjusted his glasses.

"Did you enjoy the festivities today?" Lance asked Tobias.

Tobias turned to the voice that had met him here. Lance. Earlier than expected. Tobias crossed his arms, looking away from him and onto the horizon as the sun touched the hills, the orange sky beginning to replace the blue.

“...Quaint.” He said simply. “I feel that-“

*Bzzzzt*

Looking down toward the buzzing in his pocket, he fished out his phone, finding a text from his friend Jira. Thinking for a few seconds, the Stoic duelist closed his eyes, sending the device back to whence it came.

“—But that strays from the task at hand.”

Opening his eyes, he focused on solely the duelist in front of him.

“Bestow me with the knowledge you have obtained.”

Lance simply nodded, and began to walk into the forest, in the direction of the island's volcano. Where to start with all this? In honesty, Lance was having trouble deciding. Once again, Lance was reminded on how bizarre his circumstances were. Explaining these things weren't exactly his strong suit. Lance scratched his head.
"Tobias, you claimed to be an archeologist first, and a duelist second. So I assume you know the history and origin of Duel Monsters?" Lance asked Tobias as the two walked.

"Alright well take care..." Bella said politely though as Weasel left this feeling in her gut about something being off about him. Though she refrained from a commitment to that, least till she got to see more of him in action. Everyone deserved a fair shake even if this suspicion refused to die down, regardless she made her way to the girl's dorm and soon enough found her room.

Indeed, just as Lance had figured, a fresh duel disc even in the box was left onto her bed. This caused her eyes to shine as she quickly pulled it out and once she had gotten the instructions clear managed to hook it up and slid her deck in as it seemed to shine a light to register that it was active. She had to admit as she walked around her room with the disc she had to admire the craftsmanship as it felt weightless on her wrist. Soon enough she folded up the disc, returned her deck to her belt and put the folded up disc in her backpack for safe keeping.

What was she to do now Bella asked herself? Well, guess when you are new there is only one thing you can do...and with that, she decided to go and make a visit to the card shop.

"I watched Destroy All Monsters, King of the Monsters, Final Wars and Terror of Mechagodzilla. It's not a large list, but I really liked those movies when I watched them." Willow admitted. "Before I join you in your dorm, can I change out of my outfit first? It is not exactly an outfit that allows for breathing. I'm probably gonna need a shower too." Getting a flash of inspiration, the girl grabbed her phone out of her pocket. "I'll give you my number, that way you can contact me afterwards. Just don't call me at 2 AM about Dogoran flying around your room or something, that is not my territory." The Gladiator Beast duelist chuckled at her own joke, even if it was pretty bad.

Jira nodded at the movies Willow listed off, all good ones. Really, there wasn't many kaiju movies that Jira thought was bad. Well, except for maybe the 1998 Godzilla movie. That kinda sucked. Jira took out his phone to get Willow's number, sending the other Slifer Red a text so she would have his number as well. He chuckled as well at Willow's joke.
"Well, I'll try not to." Jira said. The Slifer turned to head towards his own dorm room. "I'll be at my own room. See you soon!"

Bella made her way to the head building which according to the camps map was where the card shop was supposed to be, she had some spare funds on her so a booster pack or two couldn't hurt to refine her deck. Though as she turned the corner she passed by the arena as she glanced upon it thinking of that time she'd get her first duel on such a stage. Whatever would come next she'd be sure she'd be prepared for it and really after watching that duel she had an itch to get in on the action, though naturally had to wait for an organic chance to come. Either way she prepared to turn to walk to the head building.

Gaia give me strength.

Kenny really was forced to wonder whether Goule even had any filter or social awareness whatsoever. The zombie duelist didn't even seem like he wanted to insult Tracy, per say. But no matter how one looked at it (well, one that wasn't Goule, anyway), that's exactly what ended up happening. Even if he had a point, he really should have just kept that point to himself, at least for today.

Kenny rubbed his temples. He didn't even get to say anything to Dahlia before she stormed off. Though it made sense that she wanted to congratulate her friend on how far she'd gotten, he wished that they'd at least parted on, er, slightly better terms. "That was pretty damn insensitive, man," Kenny sighed, shaking his head, "You could have at least congratulated her efforts, or something. Said just about anything other than that."

Noting that it was getting dark out, Kenny rejoiced that he could finally take off the lance that had been plagueing him more than aiding him today. "In either case, I'm just gonna go crash in the dorm now. Or take a walk, I dunno yet. See you later, I guess."

"See ya!" Willow waved at Jira as the Slifer Reds split ways. Saving Jira's number in her contacts, the girl made her way back to her dorm. As she entered her room, she began to take off her costume and dumped it in a corner of the room. Letting out a sigh, she slumped forward. Today was intense, she could use some fun after all that happened. After she finished showering, she got dressed in some comfortable clothes and put her deck in the deck holster. She didn't know if she needed her cards, but she felt naked without them. After she put on her shoes, Willow grabbed her phone and texted Jira. "I'm ready, what's your dorm number?" As she waited for a reply, she looked at the card of Attorix. Her effect was interesting, and it was an easy way to get Gaiodiaz on the field. Spartacus was a bit iffy to get out and did not do too much when it was used, so that would solve that problem. Why didn't she do that during the match with Tracy? Then again, it was not that useful against the banishment deck of that girl. Then again, banishment really messes with her deck in general. Her monsters had to be able to stay on the field after battling, something that her opponent did not want to allow. She'd have to find ways around that, or else she would stay stuck in Slifer Red.

Upon being asked the question, Tobias closed his eyes, stashing his hands into the pockets of his pants as he kept up behind Lance.

“Fairly. Originated from ancient Egypt, where in ancient times its theorized that the humans from yesteryear played a variation of this game, however on more serious pretenses.”

Opening his eyes, the orange scarfed duelist grunted, setting his sights ahead.

“Does this ‘revelation’ have any accordance to archaeology?”

“How are we doing boyyyyz?!”

Weasel put a shoe up on the chair bending the two slifers, and co sequent let loomed over the Ra below. Donning his fresh blue coat, he made his presence widely known. The pair of rookie duelist lit up as they saw him.

“Weasel!” They cried out in unison.

“Yeah yeah, hold your fanboying.” Weasel waved off. “We got work to do.”

Stepping on heads of every chair on the way down, he got down to one chair above Bob’s level, putting an elbow on the Ra.

“Ya see, with this new promotion I got, it comes with perks. We are gonna start the very first prank inquisition, and that meeeeeans we get a lot of power to toy around with at the expense of others! Get where I’m going with this?”

"About as well as I did before you apparated out of thin air. Seems you are doing well, pain in the neck." Bob stopped pacing around and locked his eyes on Weasel's new clothes. "That's gotta be rigged, Crowler would never let a Slifer get into Obelisk. Especially not given you're a first year. Finally cashed in all those brownie points huh?" Pushing away Weasel's elbow, the Ra Yellow took a step back. "What's your plan? Set fire to the Slifer dorms? I hope you still know the line between pranks and terrorism, especially now with your new privileges. I'm in for now, but don't you do anything that causes permanent harm. That's not a prank, that is assault."

“Psssht, calm down Bob peep, i gots it all figured out.”

Now standing on his own, the skunk haired duelist waved Braxer and Bix to gather around, to which they blindly followed suit.

“As Ol’ clown face’s personal do-boy, I’ve been given his express permission to go through lengths to find the culprit. This means we can weed out those that can question us or stop us! We got duel academy by the chin hairs! Then the era of true pranks get to begin! Gwhahahaha!!”

“B-Brilliant boss!”

“Yeah, Yeah! Sounds awesome!”

As the two cheered him on and approved of his plan, Weasel arched a brow to Bob, leaning down toward him with a snicker.

“What about you, Bob? Don’t tell me we are having second thoughts?”

Bob crossed his arms. "I'm basically the only one with free will here, so I might as well have second thoughts to make sure you don't go on a power trip. You can't go send Obelisk Blues and the like away, you're gonna need evidence. I know you own a camera, as that's how you roped me into this. Keep in mind that Crowler is convinced that the prankster is in Slifer Red, you all were there when I told him that I saw someone dressed in red run away after the kitchen incident. Just because you have a lot of power now does not mean that Crowler can't revoke that power if you mess up too many times or don't take your job seriously. It's rich coming from me, but do not test your luck. You've been given a privilege, do not let it go to waste."

The Ra Yellow began to pace back and forth again, trying to think of potential pitfalls that Braxer or Bix would fall in. "Get like pictures of someone doing something suspicious, similar to what you did to me. As for Braxer and Bix, you two are still Slifers. Bottom of the barrel trash according to most people. You two do not have the same privileges that Weasel has and even if Crowler does grant them to you two, people will not be taking nearly as much from Slifers than an Obelisk. Got that?"

Bella made her way to the counter of the card shop where she scanned the table and pulled out a pair of Duel Academy exclusive booster packs to set on the table. About 8 bucks per pack which seemed a bit pricy and that had been the generous side, which meant she had to consider getting a campus job. Maybe she could work at the card shop in her spare time, that could be a bit cool she thought to herself.

"Excuse me, ma'am. I'd like to make a purchase." Bella said with a smile as she presented her two booster packs to the card shop owner.

As Bob began his audacious display of ‘power trip checking’, Braxer and Bix looks to each other.

“O-O-not one with...”

“...Free will?”

They both seemed to have a nonverbal understanding, looking over to Bob with scowls on their face. Weasel meanwhile seemed bored, growing into irritation.

“Blah blah blah...boring Boring BORING!” Weasel spat. “If I knew I was just going to get a naggy worry wart I would have just blamed you as the culprit!”

“Uh oh...”

Braxer backed off, knowing that Weasel was getting angry. He yoinked Bix back too as the small duelist approached Bob, staring up at him with a conniving look in his eye. Slapping the back of his hand on Bob’s chest, he snarled.

“Let’s get something straight here, Bub. You might have been a tooty fruity leader when I was gone, but now I’m back callin’ the shots. I don’t answer to you or nobody else. I’m Weasel the Kid. Everyone in the Kid’s Kourt answers to ME. You got That?”

Weasel leered, before turning his back on Bob. Like night and day, he seemed to completely switch.

“Buuuuut every totally cool boss needs his whittle underwings to to his stwuff for him~ Sooo I could easily swing that these two loveable buffoons are my super duper enforcers.”

Bix stood straighter when he heard this, trying to envision himself as some sort of knowledge Knight.

“...That also includes you, almost loveable buffoon.” Weasel spoke, pointing to him. “Ya see, while they know the culprit is a Slifer, they don’t know if there are other cohorts responsible. Sooo I wouldn’t want some utter idiot getting a wild idea about striking out on his own or something crazy like that.”