• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP Discussion

Should we allow illegal cards?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Made an Updated look for our Obelisk Blue Weasel
F46CAE10-F4F5-49AA-9575-CAF72E6A00E0.jpeg

Looks like my notifications failed me in this thread, lol. It was just kinda luck that it happened on my days off and I didn't really have anything else to do, lol. But the picture looks awesome, Shen!

Ah thanks! I think I finally perfected his design lol

By the way, what were we thinking after the spirit week? Would we rather have it unplanned? Planned? or some sort of skeleton template?

he brainstormed about it. Though after further analysis, hacking stuff to have monsters that can’t hurt you running around and making duels impossible kinda defeats the purpose of either lmao
I see. We could use the anime logic and have another tournament, though I'd assume that Duel Academy actually is compotent with Crowler at the wheel so maybe the search for the prankster picks up a lot more? Maybe we can see some Obelisk Blue favoritism as Slifers and possibly Ra's no longer are allowed in the shop after a certain time? Like a curfew, but cruel?

I see. We could use the anime logic and have another tournament, though I'd assume that Duel Academy actually is compotent with Crowler at the wheel so maybe the search for the prankster picks up a lot more? Maybe we can see some Obelisk Blue favoritism as Slifers and possibly Ra's no longer are allowed in the shop after a certain time? Like a curfew, but cruel?

Hm...give or take that tourney idea, though I do agree focusing on the cruel aspects of Crowler more, I do like that. Hmmm What if obelisk blues are sent to put down some of this rebellious behavior of the slifers and some Rasv

Been watching GX and am at the duel where Dimirtri (The impersonator) is dueling Jaden with Yugi's "stolen" deck (Which given Yugi was around and about Episode 1 in present day I question why he'd give his deck away) where everyone claims he can't have the heart of the cards and is a phony.

But Dimitri makes great use of Yugi's deck, and gets constant lucky draws to sequence combo plays to bring out all the aces to nearly win. He never gets a "bad" draw and only loses cause Jaden is able to topdeck for game but just because your opponent is luckier doesn't prove them right.

Been watching GX and am at the duel where Dimirtri (The impersonator) is dueling Jaden with Yugi's "stolen" deck (Which given Yugi was around and about Episode 1 in present day I question why he'd give his deck away) where everyone claims he can't have the heart of the cards and is a phony.

But Dimitri makes great use of Yugi's deck, and gets constant lucky draws to sequence combo plays to bring out all the aces to nearly win. He never gets a "bad" draw and only loses cause Jaden is able to topdeck for game but just because your opponent is luckier doesn't prove them right.

Which makes less sense because they duel at some point.

But he does make good use of it, without any dark burning magic cards either, which I have to commend. A lot of the one of characters are great, it’s shame they are one offs.

Which makes less sense because they duel at some point.

But he does make good use of it, without any dark burning magic cards either, which I have to commend. A lot of the one of characters are great, it’s shame they are one offs.

I think the duel in Season 4 was in the past if I am not mistaken. Process is kinda vague and confusing lol

Honestly Dimitri's Yugi deck is probably more consistent than Yugi's IRL deck lol. Iconic as it is it is a mess of random ass cards thrown together that without anime draw power would lead to bricks. Joey is even worse.

In fact the best duelist in the OG series as far as deck building was Rebecca (The glasses girl) who used a Heal Burn deck that was actually meta at the time in the Grand Championship arc.

And as far as duel structure in this is concerned, since I am new here relatively speaking XD, duels are 8000 LP like the real game correct? Or 4000 like the anime? Also is face up defense position an option or have to set for face down?

I think the duel in Season 4 was in the past if I am not mistaken. Process is kinda vague and confusing lol

Honestly Dimitri's Yugi deck is probably more consistent than Yugi's IRL deck lol. Iconic as it is it is a mess of random ass cards thrown together that without anime draw power would lead to bricks. Joey is even worse.

In fact the best duelist in the OG series as far as deck building was Rebecca (The glasses girl) who used a Heal Burn deck that was actually meta at the time in the Grand Championship arc.

And as far as duel structure in this is concerned, since I am new here relatively speaking XD, duels are 8000 LP like the real game correct? Or 4000 like the anime? Also is face up defense position an option or have to set for face down?
LP is set at 4000, face up defense is allowed. I summoned Secutor that way last match

To be fair the entire anime series is just a sequence of getting lucky and luckier draws. VRAINS is the series that does it the least from what I remember and also has the funniest duel in that regard (where two players just both open full unplayable).

Also format is 4000 LP and you can either set or summon in face-up defense.

To be fair the entire anime series is just a sequence of getting lucky and luckier draws. VRAINS is the series that does it the least from what I remember and also has the funniest duel in that regard (where two players just both open full unplayable).

Playmaker is the only protagonist we've gotten whose deck can actually make consistent plays with his deck and is less reliant on BS. Would function similarly to his IRL deck minus Firewall Dragon being banned lol. Yusei is a close second but his deck has too many situational trap cards. His guilty thing is his skill Data Storm which let's him get a random card which of course always is just what he needs XD

Thanks for the update on the rules. Now I just gotta find out how I can get Bella's RP debut duel going lol

Playmaker is the only protagonist we've gotten whose deck can actually make consistent plays with his deck and is less reliant on BS. Would function similarly to his IRL deck minus Firewall Dragon being banned lol. Yusei is a close second but his deck has too many situational trap cards. His guilty thing is his skill Data Storm which let's him get a random card which of course always is just what he needs XD

Thanks for the update on the rules. Now I just gotta find out how I can get Bella's RP debut duel going lol
Duel a Slifer, get the Obelisk BM in early

Yeah exactly. VRAINS is amazing with duels imo. As much as I can appreciate 5ds I really dislike how so many duels just get decided with useless trap cards that don't do anything except in one very specific instance and then never get seen again.

Oh also for the record there can be only one active Field Spell as well, when the other player plays a field yours gets autodestroyed.

worse.

I dunnno, Weevil and Rex had amazing decks during those championships too lol. I still use variations of them today.

Rebecca is super undervalued. Kinda embarrassing that she’s the best female duelist though.

Yeah exactly. VRAINS is amazing with duels imo. As much as I can appreciate 5ds I really dislike how so many duels just get decided with useless trap cards that don't do anything except in one very specific instance and then never get seen again.

Oh also for the record there can be only one active Field Spell as well, when the other player plays a field yours gets autodestroyed.

I can agree...except the character with the best deck (Blue Angel) constantly gets screwed over in that stupid show XD and they have to make the character make misplays to prevent OTKs. That Soulburner duel still makes me angry lol

Though Lightning is the most hatable villain in the franchise for all the right reasons so that is a plus XD.

Duel a Slifer, get the Obelisk BM in early

Bella and I are open to whoever so long as the lead up makes enough sense honestly.

I dunnno, Weevil and Rex had amazing decks during those championships too lol. Is till use variations of them today.

Rebecca is super undervalued. Kinda embarrassing that she’s the best female duelist though.

Weevil's Ultimate Moth deck might be the worst in the entire series. That shit would be unplayable even in the era it was born in XD. Wasn't like he had Super Cocoon of Evolution back then to make it work. Rex is better but neither are great, though if you remade a dino or insect deck today then yeah they'd have more consistent options. But that isn't what they had XD. Would be like saying Mai's deck is meta cause she used Harpies even if the support to make it meta for a time came after her.

A bigger shame she lost to Leon and his bullshit fairy tale deck which seemed to make up new rules as it goes XD

I can agree...except the character with the best deck (Blue Angel) constantly gets screwed over in that stupid show XD and they have to make the character make misplays to prevent OTKs. That Soulburner duel still makes me angry lol

Though Lightning is the most hatable villain in the franchise for all the right reasons so that is a plus XD.

Bella and I are open to whoever so long as the lead up makes enough sense honestly.

Weevil's Ultimate Moth deck might be the worst in the entire series. That shit would be unplayable even in the era it was born in XD. Wasn't like he had Super Cocoon of Evolution back then to make it work. Rex is better but neither are great, though if you remade a dino or insect deck today then yeah they'd have more consistent options. But that isn't what they had XD. Would be like saying Mai's deck is meta cause she used Harpies even if the support to make it meta for a time came after her.

A bigger shame she lost to Leon and his bullshit fairy tale deck which seemed to make up new rules as it goes XD
Catch Weasel in the act of bullying a child, that should work

Weevil's Ultimate Moth deck might be the worst in the entire series. That shit would be unplayable even in the era it was born in XD. Wasn't like he had Super Cocoon of Evolution back then to make it work.

No as bad as you think actually lol I’ve consistently beat Nukas with a moth deck without super cocoon. Buuuut I’m mainly referring to their decks in that same tournament with one turn insect queens and black tyranno.

Now her losing to Leon makes me angry because it’s insult to injury. It’s like losing to pegasus’s toons if they had no style or cartoony physics. But I at least like that chocolate house card, as I’m sure you know lol

No as bad as you think actually lol I’ve consistently beat Nukas with a moth deck without super cocoon. Buuuut I’m mainly referring to their decks in that same tournament with one turn insect queens and black tyranno.

Now her losing to Leon makes me angry because it’s insult to injury. It’s like losing to pegasus’s toons if they had no style or cartoony physics. But I at least like that chocolate house card, as I’m sure you know lol

No it is. Try playing Weevil pure Duelist Kingdom deck and see how you do. Only cards he used no other support to make it smoother or give you those FT summon options. Actually have to sit there and protect the Cocoon for six turns XD

Least Pegasus is a good character XD. Leon was some filler twat whose cards made even less sense than the literal cartoon deck. And to be fair the anime does ground Toons more when Pegasus appears after the first arc.