• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP Discussion

Should we allow illegal cards?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
@Inkachu1251 So I'm reading the first battle in the tag matches and I have a couple of questions.
Elana cleared her throat. "I-I activate Foolish Burial. I send Speed Warrior to the graveyard. Now I summon Junk Synchron and activate its effect. Speed Warrior is Special Summoned from the Graveyard without its effects. Now then, Synchro Summon! Let's go, Junk Warrior!" The Synchro Monster appeared out of the sky and landed on the ground, signaling its summon. "I set a card face-down and end my turn," she said, with a little more confidence.
So this one is mostly fine, but I do think getting this as a starting hand is incredibly lucky. I don't think it's very likely for anything like this to happen, but it's not impossible so I can kinda let it slide.
Connor was shocked at his opponent's quick move, but began his nonetheless. "I summon The Black Stone of Legend from my hand and activate its effect. I Special Summon Red-Eyes Toon Dragon from my Deck. Next, I activate Toon World from my hand. I pay 1000 LP," he said as a giant book appeared above the two Ra Yellows and smacked them both upside the head as it opened. "I set two cards face down and end my turn."
This, on the other hand, is really pushing it. First of all, it's a second incredibly lucky starting hand and I think it's really pushing it to say they both got that lucky with their starting hands. Next, I don't like the fact that I can't even tell if this is a red eyes deck or a toon deck. I don't have that much of a problem with a toon deck, although I'm pretty sure toon monsters weren't really a thing in the anime at this point in time, but I'm able to look past that. I do have a problem with black stone of legend being in a toon deck lol. It can bring out red eyes toon dragon sure, but I don't see it being useful for much else so it seems like an odd card to include. Also, if Red eyes black dragon is supposed to be a big deal, why is red eyes toon dragon not a big deal? Anyway, it just seems very convenient but that's all of my issues with it.

Last edited:
Red Dragon archfiend assault mode already destroyed night sorceress because of its own effect, also you can choose if you want to destroy only one card with gladiator beast Gyzarus
I though Night Sorceress was still around because you mentioned Red Dragon Archfiend interacting with it, but I can edit it

This, on the other hand, is really pushing it. First of all, it's a second incredibly lucky starting hand and I think it's really pushing it to say they both got that lucky with their starting hands. Next, I don't like the fact that I can't even tell if this is a red eyes deck or a toon deck. I don't have that much of a problem with a toon deck, although I'm pretty sure toon monsters weren't really a thing in the anime at this point in time, but I'm able to look past that. I do have a problem with black stone of legend being in a toon deck lol. It can bring out red eyes toon dragon sure, but I don't see it being useful for much else so it seems like an odd card to include. Also, if Red eyes black dragon is supposed to be a big deal, why is red eyes toon dragon not a big deal? Anyway, it just seems very convenient but that's all of my issues with it.
Toons were around in the DM era, GX is right after it. Black Stone of Legend would be specifically for Red-Eyes Toon Dragon. About lucky hands, well, we used them up in like 2 turns, so we had balanced it out by having really small hands the rest of the duel.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Toons were around in the DM era, GX is right after it. Black Stone of Legend would be specifically for Red-Eyes Toon Dragon. About lucky hands, well, we used them up in like 2 turns, so we had balanced it out by having really small hands the rest of the duel.
Also, not to mention that people in the anime had pretty lucky first turn hands as well. I don't think it's too terrible, tbh.
I guess that's true, I just think it was a lot to have both of those starting hands. I might've been a little too nitpicky, I was just a little concerned since I know I'm going to be using a program to choose my starting hand for me, and while it can be flexible with drawing specific cards, I just kind of assumed starting hands would mostly be random. I understand that people in the anime were extremely lucky, but that's anime, what are you gonna do lol. I'm sorry for nitpicking though.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
@Inkachu1251 could me and Willow take control of the duel so we can get on with the tournament, because you are not really active much because of school and life I guess, and it's delaying everyone else.

If you want, you can ask some of us to do the characters for you, if you're going to be busy that way we can go on with the role play while you don't have to worry about it dying out.

Just an suggestion.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
But this is anime rules? That's how I've been playing it since we started, what with the being able to summon monsters in face-up defense position and all.
I’ve been playing it the way it was supposed to be played. Face up defense is excusable cause anime show off stuff, but we shouldn’t base the core rules around the anime otherwise fire types will always beat dinosaurs and zombies never die lol

Oh, not those rules ya goof. I mean like in Yugioh GX. The only real differences between the anime and the actual card game (at least in Yugioh GX and later seasons of Yugioh Duel Monsters), is that people draw on the first turn and they can summon monsters in face up defense mode, and that people start with 4000 LP instead of 8000. Ya know?

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Oh, not those rules ya goof. I mean like in Yugioh GX. The only real differences between the anime and the actual card game (at least in Yugioh GX and later seasons of Yugioh Duel Monsters), is that people draw on the first turn and they can summon monsters in face up defense mode, and that people start with 4000 LP instead of 8000. Ya know?

I mean, I’ve been doing it this whole time. And when I’ve been showing how many cards I had left at the end of each turn not a soul corrected me during them. Unless your saying every duel I’ve taken part in I’ve been dueling and disadvantage and no one has told me?

And I’ve counted how many cards people have had in their posts when they go first, and they always treat it as five except this one.