• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Heart Gold/ Soul Silver Starter Will Be...

What Is Your Heart Gold/ Soul Silver Starter Gonna Be

• Chikorita

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Totodile

Votes: 31 26.7%

• Total voters
Oh, I would always go with Cyndaquil. Always.
He was my partner in Red Rescue, Mystery Dungeon. I've always held Cyndaquils with a sentimental sort of reverence and, as sad as it may be, it wouldn't be much of a choice for me to pick my darling, I'm afraid.
Ah, I really should think more about status than sentimental value.
v.v

However, as far as status, I agree with Silent. If I didn't hold Cyndaquils so high, I would pick a water type--Tododile. Water types seem to work the best so far as they hold an advantage over the most easily encountered types, and when I use a grass-type I always get smashed into the ground by fire.

So, it's a toss-up, despite the cuteness of Chikorita, between Cyndaquil and Tododile. :c

I don't know why, but I've always had a certain affinity for water type pokémon. I'd choose Totodile for that reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually, when I play GSC, I can never pick between Totodile and Cyndaquil, and always end up flipping a coin to decide. But when I get HeartGold, I'm going to pick Cyndaquil to honor the amazing HGSS Typhlosion I recently obtained off of the GTS, with his AMAZING IVs. the nature wins too.

Rex

Resident Furry
Cyndaquil of course. I've always choose the Fire-type starter, my fighting style (powerful, overwhelming, moves for a quick victory.) goes best with them... Plus Quilava is awesome. 8)

Totodile because it's my favorite start of all time. Wanoko and I will have a blast exploring Johto once more in Soul Silver. Can't wait!!!

Seeing as the other topic has been locked, i'll post here anyways.

Im actualy going to try and use Cyndaquill, but i dont know if ill like that.

I reall dont know which starter to choose. With Chikorita's Cuteness and Cyndaquil's good speed, but what a bout totodile's attack? May be I'll do this:

SS:Cyndaquil

HG:Totodile

2nd SS: Chikorita

Just can't make up my dang 10 year old mind. >.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
BoomDaJester, please don't attach pointless attachments to your posts, especially when the attachment was that size. I've removed it. Please don't do it again...

I've always had a thing for Grass type Pokemon, Sceptile being my favourite,Shaymin being my 3rd fave (etc. etc.) but then there's cyndaquil, who's just plain awesome

Totodile, I would go with what I had in my silver game annoyed I can't find my crystal games I have two one I bought the other came free with my pokecenter GBA. Feraligator looked so cool in stadium2 the classroom battlefield. God I miss stadium, wish they would release 1 and 2 as some wii package, I would buy it.

Up until 4th gen, I always loved Totodile (and in 2nd gen, that was the only fire starter that I had ever used throughout all my pokemon games (excluding yellow, of course)), but now, I think I'm gonna get back on track with my fire starters, so Cyndaquil it is!

...oh, and not to mention that Typhlosion gets Eruption!