• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Heart Gold/ Soul Silver Starter Will Be...

What Is Your Heart Gold/ Soul Silver Starter Gonna Be

• Chikorita

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Totodile

Votes: 31 26.7%

• Total voters
S

sheesheesh

I'm choosing Totodile, and playing as a girl instead of a boy. On Chrystal, I got farthest as a girl with the water starter. Last time I played, it was at level 84.

Mine will simply be Cyndaquil because I've had a pretty good level 60 Typhlosion back in gen 2, they have pretty good stats and I love the fire starters, all of them for some reason. I would love to start a new game in my Gold, but it won't save correctly. So I basically can't wait for Heart gold/Soul silver to come out, I've planned my whole team out already. Really, Cyndaquils are pretty good starters.

I'll be starting with Totodile.

I guess it's for continuity's sake, as for both Silver and Crystal that was my starter choice. Plus, it's literally the only time I've chosen something other than the fire type starter.

I'm a sucker for Cyndaquil. After my beloved female Cyndaquil, Cherry, from years back I gotta have one! But if I land a male, I'll keep reloading until I get female.

CHIKORITA WITH A VENGANCE!!!!! I had a level 89 meganium back when I was playing crystal for the first time. It was a long time ago and get this: I trained it up to level 89 by battling wild pokemon outside of newbark town. For some reason I always thought that my pokemon would become incredibly tougher if I trained them on really weak pokemon. Of course that explains the level 98 machoke...

Totodile; I have a Typhlosion on my Pearl, and a Meganium on Emerald ready to transfer. Plus, I used Totodile with Ho-Oh over on Gold version (Just those two) and got through the whole game (Minus Red/Guy) with just them.

They rock, and I'd like to get another one. :D

-AL

I'm probably going to get HeartGold just because Ho-Oh's box art looks so cool . . .lol I probably will choose Cyndiquil because in crystal I chose Totodile and in silver I chose Chikorita. I never got gold so . . . That's another reason why I'll definantly get HeartGold! ;D

I'm going with Chiko, but there's no chance of me taking the time and patience to raise it. Johto starters always make me dizzy, since *trips* they're so hard to utilize after the first half of the game.

So, technically, I'l be journeying through the stretches of late Triassic wasteland Johto with a specs!Castform as my main, Rotom as my lead supporter, and I'll probably round up some Stantlers on route 37 as backup.

While Feraligatr seems to currently have the best level up movepool, I really just feel like I love fire types enough to forgo that.
I have always had this image of a cyndaquil rolling into a ball and charging at something. It makes me happy that Gen IV finally gave him rollout as a level up move.

Im not sure who i would pick for my starter im leaning towards cynda but i would also like to have a Houndour and dont want to have 2 fire types. Plus i have never had Chikorita for a starter.

I'm going for cyndaquil. The first time I played gold, I trained one to be a typhlosion that could sweep the entire elite 4 (and only being little, I never used pp restoration items), eventually raising it to level 100 and oblitarating the kanto gyms. Well, until my game messed up and I couldn't advance past the Misty battle. I did terrible on silver though once I started with totodile. Lance's dragonite wiped out my entire team besides a level 20 eevee which, astonishingly, managed to beat it. but then his next pokemon knocked it out immediately. And chikorita, well, I couldn't even beat the first rival battle. :p

My starter is going to be cyndaquil due to nostalgic reasons as well, but i will be have a Totodile that will be bread from my F-gator on platinum just because i think there evolution line is win, oh yeah and it has the better move pool, but that is hardly a factor is it now?

I voted Cyndaquil.

'Cause I love me some Quilava, just about as much as I love me some Aipom. Maybe more O:

That's just about why, really.

I

Infernape Rulez

Cyandaquil. I Luv Fire starters. In Pokemon Red I chose Chamander. In my Silver I chose Cyanquil. After that I got Diamond and chose Chimchar. Then I got Emerald and chose treeko(Torchic is a evil clone of Chimchar)

Totodile. He was my Starter in Gold and Crystal, and he was the first Pokemon i ever got to Level 100. I like his look, voice, and stats (Good Attack). My only other Water starter was Mudkip in Sapphire and Emerald.

Heartgold and cyndaquil all the way. I've only used fire starters and I still have my pokemon gold/ crystal games, even though I cant play them xD along with yellow as well.

Cyndiquil defiantly it was the first pokemon i ever got and the pure nostalgia that i will get from getting him again as a starter will be epic I cant wait for Soul Silver

S

sheesheesh

I keep changing my mind between Chikorita and Cyndaquil. Ah, what the hey, I'll get both games, Gold having Cyndi and Silver having Chiko. X3
No, you won't. You get one, I get the other, and I favor SoulSilver with Toto.

[quote author=Infernape Rulez link=topic=6282.msg116727#msg116727 date=1249664041](Torchic is a evil clone of Chimchar)[/quote]

Wrong way, buddy.

I will definitely be starting with Totodile. Back when I first got Crystal Version, I was in love with Totodile, then I grew super attached to the whole line, especially Feraligatr

My favorite is Chickorita, but I don't like seeming like the "main character" in the story, so I always get rid of my starter ASAP. My strongest pokemon will be my Ariados, because Spinarak is chatchable early in the game, and it will serve as the first pokemon on my team that I'll actually use. I'll choose Totodile, because my rival's Chickorita will be weak against Ariados.

I'll get Chikorita, seeing as it'll be much of a challenge in parts of the game. Yeah, I've always played Pokemon games with the "easy" starters, so this time, I'm going to have a little fun.

I'll pick Cyndaquil, because I haven't really played through a game with the fire starter often
Gen 1: Squirtle
Gen 2: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
Gen 3: Treecko, Mudkip
Gen 4: Piplup

See what I mean? I've only selected the fire starter once or twice out of who knows how many runs. So Cyndaquil for the challenge >=3

I am planning on gettin Cyndaquill for HeartGold because of Typhlosion, he is my favorite Gen II fanal evo from the starters; and maybe Totodile for the same reason, Feraligator.

Almost every game I played, I always started out with a fire type every first tile game:
Red: Cahrmander (used to be Squirtle, but I restarted the game)
Gold: Cyndaquil (I think...)
Saphire: Torchic (not in Ruby, however)
FireRed: Charmander
Diamond: Chimchar

So it's common for me to start with a fire type.

Definitely Totodile. Feraligator is freaking awesome looking! It's also been a long time since I started with a water type (i.e. since Red...).

Im going to choose Totodile, Water pokemon honestly have a good advantage of the 3 starters:
For water:
Water = Fire
Ice = Grass
The turn outs for Grass are:
Grass = Water
Ground/Rock = Fire
However Chikorita-so forth in the evolution- I dout well learn Ground Moves most Water type pokemon have an ice move from there trainers.
However for fire...
Fire=Grass
-------------
-------------
Unless the fire pokemon can learn a electric move
It would then be
Electric = Water
But that isnt always the case for the starters. I Honestly dislike Chikorita It looks Horrid.
My other reason is because Totodiles final stage of evolution is quicker and becomes stronger faster, So of so it gets a nice little state boost sooner however its 2nd evolution may be longer but i have patience for it.