• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your biggest mistake you've ever done in any Pokémon game?

Continuing using the master ball on stupid things, i used mine on a Ralts when i went hunting for one, because they only appear in one place with a 5% chance.

Until i ran into Lati@s i didn't realize how stupidly dumb that move was. *groan* Brings back bad memories

Once I found a Shiny Paras in FireRed, and I defeated it... And once I let my little cousin play my Diamond game, let me just say, BIG mistake. There I was, on the brink of catching Dialga, when suddenly...

"Gabe, what happened to my Master Ball?"

"I used it to catch this Sneasel I found. Sneasel's your favorite, right?"

So, thanks for catching a Sneasel for me Gabe, but that's what Ultra Balls are for! ::)

Actually, Dialga/Palkia has a 30% Catch rate instead of the usual 3% catch rate for legendaries. I caught Dialga for my cousin with 1-10 Ultra Balls.

I fondly remember saying, with pure ignorance in my voice, that my friend could use my game to help us get all of the starters. Unfortunately (since I said I had been ignorant), I didn't know that it would mean I would have to restart my game and lose my shiny Exploud. And every other Pokemon that I had caught, for that matter.

I still dislike him a little for that, though I've moved away. But part of it was my ignorance, as I'd said.

This probably won't be as bad as all yours, but this morning,(31/01/09)when I got up, my pokemon emerald game that I ordered came in the post from play.com, I turned my game on, entered the deoxys code,(link together with all)saved and turned my ds off. When I turned it back on, it said the save file was deleted from corruption or damage! 0_0 I yelled at myself for four hours because it was hacked and had all 386 pokemon, all were shinys and all were lv. 100!!

I have a new biggest mistake. In mystery dungeon explorers of time, there are 7 secret treasures. One is the Aqua-Monica guarded by Kyogre on B50F in the Bottomless Sea. I was on B49F after 3 days and said "I'll laugh if i die now." I was in a tiny room, 3 steps away from the stairs. Unfortunately, a tentacruel was infront of me. I moved nearer the stairs and the tentacruel used poison jab! I did not die. I was low on health, two steps away from the stairs, two steps away from Kyogre and the Aqua-Monica. I was panicking. Tentacruels ability was wiped from my memory for a split-second, so I was stupid and used giga drain. "Tim used giga drain! Overgrow boosted it's power! It's super effective! Tentacruel took 246 damage! Tentacrue fainted! Tim gained 100 exp points! Chuck gained 100 exp points! Poison showered over Tim! Tim took 246 damage! Oh no! Tim was defeated!'
It's been a week now and I still haven't been rescued... ::)

Hmm, i have 2 big mistakes, and 2 good things. Bad thing one, witch isn't mine. My friend in FireRed battled a Mewtwo, and didnt realize till the end it was shiney, and KO'ed it. Bad thing 2, i washed my Saphire. Good thing one came from bad thing 2. My Saphire's internal battery froze/died. Luckily i could still save and all that jazz, but it gave me infinite legit Febass. Good thing 2 was that same saphire, i beat 1/2 in a day. Personal best.

Biggest Mistake?

When I was playing my Pokemon Red, I came across the Seafoam Islands.
I immediately went in, solved all the puzzles, and walked up to Articuno......without saving. I had only one ball in my pocket, and that was the Master Ball. I threw it at the Articuno, caught it, and then saved. I still kick myself today for that moment.

i only brought a few pokeballs and maybe like one great ball/ultra ball to moltres and failed but didnt use the master ball! and i had one!! well, i thought it would be of better use for mewtwo... which i think i captured and like i said in another post i lost fire redd so i have no idea... another thing was was at one point i had a dugtrio and had just caught it ( i think i had a gameboy at this time) and my dad said to get off and instead of turning the sound down and closing it OR saving it secretly i shut the game off and didnt find it again...

WARNING:
Whenever your parent tells you to get off of pokemon and you just made an acomplishment or have been playing for a long time dont just turn it off!!!
WARNING:
Always come prepared with lotsa balls when you are fighting a legendary! not just a few!!! you might lose the chance to get a moltres!!!

I just remeberd that when i first got Pokemon Saphire, after geting my pokemon, i tried to go up to the next town, but the ledge blocked my way. I was stuck for over an hour....after restarting like 10 times too.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
[quote author=Spam Explained]*Abuse of Smileys: One smiley at the end of a sentence can get your point across. Multiple smileys in a row is really annoying to look at. So please, for the sake of everyone's sanity, don't abuse smileys in your posts.

So for all of you who find the need to hit that :) smiley three+ times at the end of your sentence, or think having 5 ??? smileys gets your point across better... You're being annoying, and you will be warned for it.[/quote]

Consider yourself warned, Rees. I'd suggest reading over the other rules too :)

My biggest mistake was in DIAMOND version when for some reason a stupid lv 13 chingling was realy hard to catch[I dont even know why the heck I tried to catch it if I didnt even want it >:( .]so I used my only MASTER BALL! >:(.

Gosh, I made another mistake today.

I transfered some pokemon from my Emerald game to my Diamond today, and totally forgot that one of the pokemon that I'd transfered over knew Flash. Now, I'm trying to get past victory road without Flash, and believe me, it's not pleasant.

its almost 2 weeks ago from now...
i was again addicted to diamond...
i was just playing the game and had 2 badges... then i got the 3rd badge (didnt save) then the 4th (didnt save) THE 5TH CAME AFTER THAT! and again... didnt save... i almost got the 6th badge but someone was calling me so i had to go down stairs... didnt bring my ds, didnt close it... and it happend. it went out... it had no power anymore... soo... i could do it all over again because,,, i didnt save!!! but now i'm fine, having 8 badges and almost elite 4... so a good advise for players! ALWAYS SAVE AFTER YOU'VE DONE A IMPORTANT THING!

thats all...

That sounds like my first round ever with an E4 in Pokemon Silver. I didn't know any better and generally only raised my starter (which had an awful moveset) and it still remains one of the toughest battles I've ever had. That really made me learn my lesson.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I think we're all guilty of that. Back in Blue Version my starter was at the top of my party up until I actually figured out how to switch Pokemon. Thanks to that I had a freshly evolved Blastoise by the time I got Cut.

This also meant that I was fighting the Elite Four with a level 77 Blastoise. The second highest level Pokemon on my party (and my game) was a L.53-54 Articuno that I used my Master Ball on.

That leads to another mistake, challenging the E4 with the above mentioned Pokemon followed by a Hitmonlee in the upper 40s, a L.40 Kabutops, a L.30 Dragonair, and a L.23 Scyther I just traded for with my brother. Some how I managed to win, although my party was completely decimated by my rival at the end. All that was left was Articuno with a one-more-hit-your-dead amount of HP left. I still remember my rival being stupid/kind enough to have Venusaur use Growth and then I finished it with Peck.

Good times good times.

I have another mistake:
When I told my little cousin I didn't want to play with him at the moment,he got so mad he took my pokemon ruby and flushed it down the toilet :o >:(! Then I got so mad I yelled "F**k you!" to him.and it gets worse,I had 7 lv.100s all shiny. :'(

Well, I was playing Pokemon Diamond and my sister asks if she could play my emerald game. I stupidly said yes, but not to save. So, she started a new game and when she got the starter, save over my freakin game! I had completed everything on it! i even had a shiny pokemon! i was p.o.ed at her for weeks.

second mistake: i was so mad at her, that i couldn't concentrate on my battle with like a level two pokemon (i went back to sandgem for a minute) and used my master ball on it. i swear my soul died a little in that ten minutes.

The WORST mistake... hmm... probably when i found a shiny solrock on my emerald version and used my master ball on him. And OF COURSE, when i am walking out of the cave latios appears. I had just deleted my lv100 crobat's mean look. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!! i am so mad at myself for that!!!! >:(

The WORST mistake... hmm... probably when i found a shiny solrock on my emerald version and used my master ball on him. And OF COURSE, when i am walking out of the cave latios appears. I had just deleted my lv100 crobat's mean look. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!! i am so mad at myself for that!!!! >:(

well... get a heartscale... you have a shiny solrock now so whats the problem?

This isn't a big mistake, just something which was stupid. I was in the battle tower and I was battling with Mira as my partner. She had her togekiss out and I had my empoleon out. There was a fire type (I can't remember what exactly it was) and I told him to use surf. Mira's togekiss used water pulse before me and killed the fire type. Empoleon used surf. Problem was, the other enemy pokemon was a mantine. So, I healed the enemy's HP and cut some of my ally's HP ::)

ShinyCharizard, its not that bad, provided you Did NOT run from Latios. If he ran from you, he's still out there somewhere.

Also, I used to often focus on leveling all my pokemon equally in emerald. I learned my lesson once I had to go catch a Wingull. >>

well, I would have to say when i was in like third grade and had my first game
yellow i used the master ball on a lv. 21 haunter and i dont know why.
(im gonna get platinum today)
[glow=red,2,300][size=10pt]YAY![/size] :o[/glow]

In saphire I ran outta ultra balls when i can across a shiny tentacool and in pokemon crystal i hatched a shiny smoochem and shut off a light with my game my games memory was whiped clean DX and i caught a ryqueza half health w/ a pokeball (luck) and then lost emrald -_- so unfair

in pokemon crystal i hatched a shiny smoochem and shut off a light with my game my games memory was whiped clean DX
As far as the Crystal thing goes, was it a normal egg or the one the Day care couple give you for free?
If it was a later, it has a 50% chance of being shiny, so that not really a big deal.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I think everyone's done the stupid "used a Master Ball on a ridiculously easy/common Pokemon" thing at least once.

I once did about 2 hours of training and forgot to save before turning off.

God that was annoying...

i put walk anywhere thru anythin and i went in the union room pokemon pearl and went outside went back in and out then i was under the map i had 20 legendarys and completed the sinnoh and national dex and i tries to get the menu up and the game locked up i was devastete and i forgot to back it up [cough ***couch** DAMN**]I NEVER PLAYED IT INCE GONE ONTO PLATINUM IN THE POKEMON LEAGUE WITH MY TEAM:

1:Infernape lv61
2:Empoleon lv 50
' 3:Yanmega lv 72
4:Shaymin lv 49
5:Lucario lv 35
6Giratina lv 47
Reserve Almia:aka Garchomp! lv52

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
DragonTamerJosh ~ Please try to use correct grammar and sentence structure. I found your post quite hard to understand in places, especially without punctuation.

Please take a look at this topic:

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=4453.0

Here are the rules of these forums as well. I'd recommend having a look at those too, since I've seen you Double posting elsewhere.

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?board=4.0

Thanks, and welcome to the forum ^^

ok i used a master ball on a ralts and it was a shiny male one tooo lucky me!I threw it and it brock free some how but it said i caught it weird, and then it was holding two items i was cmofused it have shiny stone 999 and master ball 19*& that funny sign anyone lse had this?

THE ULTIMATE DRAGON TAMER!!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
DragonTamerJosh, this topic is about MISTAKES that you made, not weird things that happened in your game. Also, you've been told on multiple occasions to improve your grammar and it is still poor. I suggest you sort yourself out and read the rules unless you want to end up in the Realm.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Moving on...

Though not my fault, I was part-way through EVing my Slowpoke the other day and my game switched itself off overnight. My DS wasn't out of power or anything, but I still had to start EVing it over again. I think my mistake was not saving as often as I should.

Also thinking that EVing Defense-based pokemon was gonna be easy. Boy, was I ever wrong.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ahh... El reminded me of a recent EVing situation, too.

I didn't know who to Sp. Def EV train my Turtwig against, so to speed up the process I went to Route 209 and radar chained Mime Jr. Even with the chaining this took quite awhile because random Bibarel and Chansey kept popping up.

So, when I hit my final battle I cheered and hurried over to Sunnyshore. Visited that ribbon woman, and she said I had more to do... Then I checked my Turtwig...

It wasn't holding my Sp. Def power item ;__;

I was already fed up with chaining the Mime Jr., so I simply reset my game and went to chain low-leveled Shinx instead (I needed 40 more Attack EVs anyways). Was MUCH quicker that second time through XP

My biggest mistake would be hacking.

I had just gotten an AR and thought it'd be fun to walk out of Amity square with my torchic. Of course torchic didn't exactly follow me. The game still thought someone was with me so now I cant fly,surf,etc. I'm always in a double battle with a girl named Mira, so I cant catch anything. At first I thought it was cool and let it continue. I was stupid and accidentally saved. Poor torchic. :'(