• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Yangzii's banner showbox .

Absolutely no editing of my banners and removing MY credits .

Pisevo.png

Pi-evolutions .

3lakes.png

Sinnoh Lake Trios .

3beasts.png

Johto 3 beasts.

blegendaries.png

The baby legendaries .

gstarters.png

Grass starters .

wstarters.png

Water starters.

fstarters.png

Fire starters.

Eeveeolution.png

Eeveeolution~ .

Shaymin1.png

Shaymin .

Dialga.png

Dialga.

Palkia.png

Palkia~ .

Mewtwo.png

Mewtwo's past.

Manaphione.png

ManaphyxPhione

HGSS.png

Heartgold&&. Soulsilver.

These are pretty nice. I like the Shaymin one the best.

Maybe you could not fade the colors out so much, as it kind of makes the pokemon hard to see, as in the case with Glaceon on the Eeveelutions sig.

Jirachan:
Thanks!
I'll open a photoshop soon for peoples to request ;D
If I can, hopefully.

Shado - Thanks for the nice comments, as for my contrast, I'm more towards too bright or too dark or comic-alike colours~ .

2 more:

Giratina.png

Dialga2.png

This batch is nice as well.

I'm finding my favorites to be the arcanine and munchlax one. Munchlax's expression is hilarious XD (The munchlax on the left.)

It's kind of hard for me to read the text on the beautifly and butterfree one though. =\

Yang - if you want some blunt criticism with no holding back, from a signature maker's point of view, then I will. Only if you ask though.

Asides that, from a forumer's view... I think the best one has to be the Dialga one in your second update. If you ditched your little name tag (which, no matter how you look at it, detracts from the image), I think its great.

Getting much better as time goes on. Only good peice of advice I could give you is to watch out for burnt colors, liek when you use a tool too much and the color turns a wierd neon shade. Your background work got alot better in teh second batch. im loving the butterfly sig most.

Thanks, still constantly on the go to improve ^^ .
I just made all these out of boredom, &&. according to how I liked them to be, but everyone's welcome to give their own views :)

New:
Latis.png

Lati@s .

That one is nice =D

They blend into the background quite well, and the colors aren't too dark, and not too light either.

The only thing I have to say is that it's hard to see where Latias ends and where the background begins. (the white part of Latias. Latios doesn't have that problem)

Shado - That how I wanted it to end up like, I always loved the feeling of no endings in a picture, or the very light Japanese feel, or the 3D darkened effects hehheh .
Iunno how to explain that, but, well, that was how I wanted it to be :)
I go with the feelings, I never read tutorials :D

2 more;;

Mew.png

Vulpix.png

^ This what I mean by Japanese-styled feel, very light and bright contrast, still can't explain it in words, the pic tells it all :)

Never loved my Pokemons to look like how they should be in their original colours, rather have a darker or much brighter tones .

...I'm not seeing how that's 'Japanese' feel... All I see is something too bright for my eyes X_X
I second that.

Also, watch your render choices. The Vulpix one has some harsh pixels around the edge which does nothing to enhance the image. I do like the background Vulpix image though, and I think you could use that one on it's own to make an excellent banner.

...I'm not seeing how that's 'Japanese' feel...

All I see is something too bright for my eyes X_X

[quote author=LoN link=topic=6431.msg111618#msg111618 date=1246609610]
[quote author=Shado link=topic=6431.msg111566#msg111566 date=1246584317]
...I'm not seeing how that's 'Japanese' feel... All I see is something too bright for my eyes X_X
[/quote]I second that.

Also, watch your render choices. The Vulpix one has some harsh pixels around the edge which does nothing to enhance the image. I do like the background Vulpix image though, and I think you could use that one on it's own to make an excellent banner.
[/quote]

Thanks .

I'm only going with my own kind of work, everyone's got their own style, I don't have to follow others, and you don't have to like them, they're what I like them for .
I dislike going with the crowd, your opinions are for your own works, not mine, I like mine for how they're like and not resembling others' .

No one is perfect, and I can say I dislike how you did your banners to, it's just me, so in this case, it's just you whom dislike mine.

And sad to say, only peoples I know'll understand what I'm trying to do, they know what I'm thinking .

Call me stubborn or what not, 1) I don't think your banner are /that/ great either, 2) Right from the start I never asked for any opinions :) .

More works I've accumulated over the weeks .

Sceptile.png

Charmander.png

Plusminus.png

Lucario1.png

Vescombee.png

Cherubi.png

Maffpharos.png

Dragoni.png

Drewrade.png

Marowak.png

Glaceon.png

Eevee.png

Giratina2.png

Arceus.png

The Arceus and Girantina ones are amazing. 'Originally Altered...'
I think it's a great idea too have D/P sprites back to back with Platinum sprites!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=Shado link=topic=6431.msg111566#msg111566 date=1246584317]
I second that.
[/quote]Third'd. Your sprite/art choices are generally good - and there is a lot of potential - but I think your rampant abuse of the contrast sliders, to be blunt, really ruins a lot of your banners - as it reduces the ability to actually recognise quickly what is in the image. You're forced to really look at it, which although nice from an artist's point of view, is something that signature makers should really avoid. Signatures, in my opinion, are meant to look good at first glance - as that's all you'll often get.

Another gripe I have (and one I've yelled at LoN for as well in the past :p) is that your text is occasionally unreadable - it usually is so faded into the background that you lose about half of it.

Thirdly, by posting works here, you are inviting discussion/opinions due to the very nature of message boards. If you don't want people talking about your art, don't post it on forums!

However, most of your work is actually very, very good, so take what I said above with a pinch of salt. as I said, I am not knocking you, I am just trying to justify my criticism - I'm trying to help you to improve your works. None of us are bashing you here. I would ask you to do the same when referring to other's work.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Thirdly, by posting works here, you are inviting discussion/opinions due to the very nature of message boards. If you don't want people talking about your art, don't post it on forums!

I'm afraid it's exactly as Data here says. >>;

And I have to Fourth the general opinion people here have on your works. Too bright, too cluttered, too unreadable. I don't see what exactly is a 'style' in taking a jumbled mess of super-saturated screencaps, sprites and unreadable text and calling them a sig banner. But that's my personal opinion and I'm entitled to it just as you're entitled to ignore it. You seem to be ignoring everyone else's opinions, after all.

In my humble opinion, one of the things any artists needs to be able to do is take criticism. Of course, there's a difference between constructive criticism and flaming - but if you're post art (or some form of alien mutated equivalent thereof) and expect people to only give you asspats and stroke your ego, sorry, not here. Not anywhere, actually. >>;

I really like the Shaymin and the Combee one, but most of the other ones give me hell. Its really hard to see a lot of the pokemon, and on the other ones, it hurts my eyes.

I know I've been a bit late posting here, but I have to agree with everyone else. Most of your sigs do hurt the eyes, but a few here and there are pretty good.

I'm not a master of Photoshop or anything, but if you do have it, you could possibly take the burn tool and use it lightly to darken the sig.

I prefer your Giratina and Arcanine sigs over the others because they don't hurt my eyes and quite neat.