• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Wild Mark: A Zodiac Powered Roleplay

Seraph felt that the conversation was slipping away from her. This tended to happen whenever there were enough people in a room. She was grateful when Sooeun spoke her name. Until then, she wasn't sure whether to chime in or not.

"Yes, that's me." She told Sooeun. "I was invited to the academy last month during the Jadewall Music Festival. Actually, it's kind of an embarrassing story."

Seraph rubbed the back of her neck and blushed. "Let's just say a lot of people really don't like snakes. Not even spiritual glowing golden ones."

She changed the subject as fast as she could. "I don't have much experience with elements yet sadly. I'm supposed to be Metal, but so far I haven't been able to do anything...metallic." That she knew of. Her mind wandered back to earlier that day when she was breaking out in scales. Come to think of it, they were gray.

"Hmm, I have an idea, but it could be dangerous for your health Seraph." Luna stood up in human form, stretching her arms before explaining. "Look, everyone has iron running through their bodies. What if you were to start there?"

~The Garden outside of the Academy~

Sylph stood barefoot in the dirt with her arms spread wide as she welcomed the rain that hit her as well as the faint sunlight coming through the clouds as she fed. As a former tree, Sylph had no need for traditional food, favoring that which she relied on for sustainance long before she ever took her first step. Shame and time meant little to plants and she had no idea why the humans cared so much about it. When she was first found and brought to this place, she was wrapped in a blanket to hide her bare form. While she certainly resembles a female humanoid, she was actually missing several features we will not mention here. She hated wearing clothing, but wore the bare minimum at the insistence of the Sages.
Deciding that she had eaten enough for now, Sylph decided to walk to the cafeteria where she felt the presence of some of her classmates. She reluctantly walked into the building and out of the rain, reaching her destination. "Hello everyone."

Tyson let out a sigh as he walked in to the cafeteria, his hands rested in the pockets of his white coat as he went to find a place to sit down and relax. His golden eyes scanned the area to see other students already there in the midst of conversation, some were familiar to him thanks to his month of being at the academy while others he had yet to properly interact with, although one thing is certain: Several of the students were likely already familiar with him and how relentless he tended to be when it came to physical or magic training, something he couldn't help but feel proud about. Especially when a rumor slowly spread around the academy about him being the 'Golden Storm Dragon', a name he both loved and found rather cheesy to the point where he wouldn't blame anyone for complaining about such a title.

As he sat down at an empty table, Tyson let one arm rest on the table as he held his other arm out with his hand open as if he was about to receive an item, just as he opened his hand, strange golden particles began to form above the palm of Tyson's hand which quickly formed into what looked like a ball of solid gold, each time he flexed one of his fingers, the golden object changed into different shapes, a cube, a pyramid, a cylinder, a dagger, a mask that resembled the lower half of a human skull. Only when his hand closed in to a fist did the object he summon dissipate into golden dust that faded from existence just as quickly as it appeared.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Gray emerged from the tent, combing through her short, mousy hair with her fingers as she thought herself in circles. The nightmares had been growing more frequent for a while, now. Gray just hadn’t wanted to admit it. Most of them were similar: someone came looking for trouble, and found it. The rats left nothing but bones.

You keep Death away from this place, Ma had assured her. But that wasn’t true, was it? Gray paced, water from the puddles dampening her old sneakers. Maybe she brought in money enough that no one quite looked like a skin-wearing skeleton, but her presence itself was a danger. Her abilities weren’t normal, and she knew the rats spread Death’s work like the finely-dressed porcelain women spread gossip. Yet still Gray felt for them; the revulsion so commonly associated with the creatures was more foreign to her than the taste of a vintage cabernet.

And then, there were the other dreams. Those so real in the moment it felt as though Gray had been transported to a different realm, then faded like an echoed whisper upon waking, leaving her with only a mild sense of intrigue. Sometimes the voices, like heat off asphalt, rose intangibly in her mind, murmuring words Gray didn’t know in a language she couldn’t understand. Like a heat mirage, the near-silent sounds would vanish when she tried too hard to perceive them.

“Gray,” came a voice behind her. Gray stopped her pacing and turned to see the dark, skinny figure of Shadow. The eight-year-old had a stick of jerky in his mouth and one hand in his pocket. “Thought you were gonna go to sleep. You goin’ somewhere?” he asked brightly.

Gray’s lips quirked. “Yeah, I… got somewhere I need to be,” she replied, keeping her tone casual. “I might not be back for a little while. So…” Gray offered a smile. “Don’t worry about me.”

Shadow kept gnawing on his jerky, not seeming particularly surprised. Alpha had once disappeared for two months to search for one of his dogs when it had gone missing. Sometimes people left for a while. Sometimes they didn’t come back. Shadow nodded. “Yeah, okay. I’ll tell Ma and everyone. Just stay safe,” the kid added with a grin.

Gray smiled back and waved. She couldn’t stall any longer. If there were other people like that woman, other people like her... Gray intended to find out. She was a danger here, to these people, maybe; but somewhere else, perhaps she could be an asset. Then, maybe, I can protect them.

The girl headed for the maze of alleys, turning the Hanged Man over in her hand as she walked. Give me a call, is what the strange woman had said. So how the hell does this thing work?

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Silas nodded in recognition of the things that were said before standing and making his way away from the meeting "I'll take my leave for now, I will get word to my contacts and get back to you if they discover anything" he turned away. He stopped on his way and slammed his open palm into the ground, when he stood back up and pulled his palm away a small group of little wooden creatures emerged from the ground, "right, I need you lot to get word to anyone who owes me a favor, but don't use up all my favors, I need you to tell them to look out for a girl with this description.." after giving the description and sending them off, except for 2 who he had climb onto his shoulders, he continued on his way back to the cafeteria. Upon re-entering his place of work he was happy to see people had come to eat, he waved hello as he entered the kitchen to put away the dirty plates, the 2 wooden creatures he'd kept with him set to washing up and putting away while Silas leant on the counter watching over the cafeteria.

This was Blitz' favourite part of the day. The hustle and bustle of conversation and the consumption of the abundance of food scratched a certain itch in his core. Conversations sprouted and intertwined, the rabbit year taking great enjoyment in listening, participating and flittering from group to group. The sages weren't here either, too busy with their secret meeting, so there was nothing to slightly irritate him other than the thought of that.

He continued to feast, keeping his eyes on the entrance and greeting whoever came in with a wave. Firstly Sylph, or 'tree lady' as he'd so thoughtfully nicknamed her. "Hey Sylph! You glad about elements later?" Blitz assumed she had quite the advantage over them in such a field given she was practically made from her element.

The next to walk in was Tyson, Blitz grin dropping somewhat as he gave a small wave to the second newest arrival at the academy. They'd interacted before, intensely training together and talking somewhat about their past- Something in said past striking a nerve with Blitz. But it kept it to himself and acted civil with the Dragon year.

Blitz attention was immediately upon the last individual that entered, his gaze narrowing somewhat at the Risen as he immediately rose from the table with his food. "Hey Tyson! You might have some competition in terms of golden spirits, Seraph summoned hers earlier and wowee!" His usual jolly and loud attitude came out for a moment but it was façade, one put up whilst he made his way over to the counter.

He leant backwards on the counter, settling himself right next to Silas who was on the other side of it and finishing what little food he had in his mouth. "Y'know, you really outdid yourself again with food- exquisite, delicious. You're so kind and thoughtful as well putting out everyone's' favourites" The friendly conversation was Blitz trying to be polite and naturally proceed to a question he very clearly wanted to ask the Risen.

~Lower Jadewall, The Dregs~

"You're sure?"

Electra was muttering to her snake. On the surface, a flick of the tongue did not look like much of an answer, but Electra knew better. Although pythons lacked vocal cords, they spoke volumes. One just had to know how to listen. She avoided making eye contact with Orpheus as they entered the Dregs. Electra wouldn't admit it, but this place terrified her. It was practically crawling with desperate people whom had nothing to lose and everything to gain. At least when she was consorting with demons, she had leverage over the situation. People, human beings in particular, could not be manipulated as easily.

Electra's python gave a light hiss and tightened his grip around her neck.

"The demon is close," the scarlet dressed woman told Orpheus. She met his gaze, not wanting to appear vulnerable or worse under confident. "According to BJ, his name is Gōu Liān which roughly means Dog Face."

It was something to go on, but not enough.

"A demon wouldn't pick a name like that unless it means something. So either we're looking for a demon that can disguise itself as dog or a person with dog-like qualities."

Electra's suitcase was getting heavy. She switched hands so that her left arm wouldn't get tired.

"I've heard of demons that can possess multiple bodies at once. They take the guise of the family pet, then overtime, exposure drains the life from the master until the roles are reversed. Essentially, they turn the former pet owner into a mindless puppet."

She realized this was probably not what Orpheus wanted to hear.

"I don't think he will be one of those. At least, I hope not. They're supposed to be extinct, so the chances are unlikely."

She was not great at reassuring people.

~Jadewall Academy~

The rest of the sages dispersed. Green Sage hurried off to the arena to prepare for his lesson, which would being in fifteen minutes.

Black Sage stayed behind, wondering whether or not they should tell Blitz and Seraph what they had learned. The academy had kept its students behind a veil of secrecy for many years. That veil was supposed to protect the students, to allow them to live relatively normal lives in blissful ignorance of the past and of the Sages' Plan. Now, Black Sage was beginning to question whether The Plan was truly worth it. They knew what was at stake. The fate of the world was not something you could fix in a weekend, no matter what paperbacks said. Besides, this sage knew better than the rest that good and evil were not outlined in monochrome.

Back at the cafeteria, Seraph was still processing what Luna had said.

"What? Are you saying I should manipulate my blood or something?" Her mind conjured several frightening images. "I mean, it's not like we have tubes of blood just lying around for me to practice on. Besides, my reputation is already on ice after--"

She bit her lip, remembering her promise to Black Sage to keep quiet. Fortunately, Blitz chose that exact time to boast to Tyson about conjuring her animal spirit.

"It was nothing," she mumbled. "It appeared for like, what, two seconds? Then it was gone."

It actually had stayed for 10 seconds and 15 milliseconds, but human beings do not typically require that much detail.

"There weren't any flashing lights or bursts of thunder either," Seraph went on. "Although. Well." Her face was turning read. "It did make me feel...happy. Like I knew I was safe. That someone was watching over me."

She cringed. "Does that sound cheesy?"

Luna thought for a moment before shrugging in agreement. "Fair point. But maybe consider thinking of metals outside of your body as a sort of extension of yourself. It should make things a little bit easier."
Sylph tilted her head to the side at Blitz's question before answering with a straight face. "I do not understand."
Despite being a human for about twenty six years, there were still things she did not understand about humans. In this case; emotions.

Tyson turned his head over and smiled when he saw Blitz who called over to him and boasted about Seraph's golden spirit, this was likely something that would stir up a potential rivalry that would make Tyson get so competitive that he would do everything he could to prove he was better... But he wasn't that competitive and simply gave an impressed nod as he turned his body to face Blitz and Seraph, his eyes turned to the latter when she explained how her summoning was no big deal, but before he could respond, he forced a little laugh when he heard the word 'cheesy.'

"Not as cheesy as being given a nickname like 'The Golden Storm Dragon.'" Tyson replied. "Still though, I think it's cool to know there are other golden spirits here in this school. I mean, sure it might be nice to be a bit more unique, but..." Tyson said before he paused and gave a little shrug before he held his hand out again to create more golden metallic floating objects. "Although as you master your power, I imagine you'll be able to give yourself and your spirit their own dramatic effect and show the world just how strong you truly are." Tyson said to Seraph with a tone of encouragement and pride.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Sometime Later, Lower Jadewall
A particular large raven flew amongst a small group of its fellow corvids in the sky, a couple other flocks swooping up and down in other areas of Jadewall in its entirety, like vultures circling the cloudless skies of a wasteland, waiting for another lifeform to cease its final motion before the great feast can begin once more. However, unlike vultures, these avians were not out for blood, or even food for that matter. Not that much, at least. They were here for one thing - staying on the lookout for a particularly-clothed individual.

The flock that this large leader was in however.. this raven had spotted something more interesting. As the group of nine swooped down and sat themselves on different surfaces, they could not help but notice a girl hold something strange. From this closer look, it appeared to be a form of card of sorts. How very intriguing.. so much intrigue, their leader could not help but attempt to inquire more information about this girl - and her item, naturally.

The leader of the flock flew down, swooping out of sight and into a alley ahead of the girl, to her left. Using the shadows as a cloak for his power, the Risen transformed back into his human-like form - Malphas, the Kotengu. Maintaining a reserved composure and not bothering to fake a smile, the Risen walked out of the alley, leaning against the wall as the girl was walking down the current one as he attempted to appear casual, as if he had always been there.

His gaze now landed with a single side-eye on the girl, then the card she was holding. His arms were folded so casually, with one leg up against the wall while his upper body was leaning slightly forward. He knew putting on a friendly attitude would only make this one more suspicious since, given the rough conditions present in this part of Jadewall, kindness was likely a common sign of oncoming betrayal.

He made no attempt at appearing intimidating or hostile, but still kept his guard up. Not that he thought she was gonna try to attack him - but in these kinds of areas, you never know who it is that's lurking in the shadows.. which is why he stepped into the light before directing his attention towards her with his words.

" That is an interesting thing you are holding in your grasp.. that card of yours. Might I ask who gave it to you? "
@=Nightshade=

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Jadewall Academy Cafeteria
Watching the students interact with each other, Silas turned to check on a sound behind him as one of his little wooden friends had slipped off the counter it was cleaning, he helped it up and then returned to the counter as Blitz walked over. He listened to his compliments and smiled "well thanks you Blitz, it's always nice to hear compliments" noticing that Blitz clearly wanted to enquire about something Silas leant on the counter "you know if you want to ask some just ask, life is short after all, well not for me but that's besides the point, I digress what did you want to ask Blitz?" the large man enquired.
@Martin Pine

Lower Jadewall
Wandering round and round looking for people who owed Silas favors one of the wooden creatures stumbled across Malphas and figured it would see what the other Risen was doing, it ran over and swiftly climbed up onto his shoulder to get a good look at the girl he was talking too before glancing at Malphas wondering why he was questioning this seemingly random girl.
@DevVoid @=Nightshade=

Sooeun gave a mindful nod as Seraph told about how she came to the Academy. She had heard about the snake incident in the music festival, but did not know any details. Due to her enhanced hearing, she would have most definitely been all too overwhelmed in the festival. Besides, she heard plenty well all the way from the courtyard of the Academy.

"It's quite alright.. You're here to learn about your powers after all," Sooeun said, putting up a comforting smile before taking another bite of her food. Luna seemed eager to help out in trying to figure out how exactly Seraph's powers worked, but this idea... Well, it was quite gruesome. Yet, Luna only wanted to help, and Sooeun could appreciate the thought.

The young woman turned her head as she heard someone else enter the cafeteria. A wooden woman named Sylph. Honestly, Sooeun didn't know much about her, but she greeted her back non the less. Blitz, like usual, tried to strike up conversation, but the wooden woman didn't seem to understand what exactly he meant. Before Sooeun could say anything, another student walked in. Tyson 'The Golden Dragon'. Rumors of anyone that stuck out quickly spread out in the Academy and it was no different with Tyson. The rumors mostly consisted of him summoning a dragon accompanied by a storm of lightning before joining the Academy. Those were the rumors at least, but he did work quite hard with training and it clearly showed with how he seemed to be able to tap into his Zodiac powers, casually playing with a golden ball and changing its form.

Sooeun couldn't help but notice Blitz' smile wiped off for a brief moment when Tyson entered the room. Odd, but the ember rabbit seemed to keep things civil, though boasted about Seraph and her apparently summoning a golden snake earlier. Sooeun lifted a curious eyebrow, but kept quiet to listen while she finished her meal. It was nice to hear that Seraph's first time summoning her spirit went well and even comforted her. Tyson was nothing but encouraging, which was quite nice as the Academy was all too often filled to the brim with competitiveness and who was better than who..

"I'm glad to hear that your first time summoning your Spirit went well though," Sooeun said with a mindful nod, all too aware how things could go wrong when summoning Zodiac Spirits, "Hope things will continue to go well with your training too,"

Blitz moved over to Silas though, as he tended to move from people to people. Liking to talk with different folk, be a friendly face for others to meet and chat with.

=Nightshade=

A mass of black blocked out the sun for a moment, light glinting off of feathers and beaks in bluish satin. Gray glanced up nervously and ducked under an awning. She wasn’t delusional, she knew she herself wasn’t a rat that could be harassed dangerously or killed and eaten by a crow, but in that number even a critter of Gray’s size could end up injured, or worse.

The demonic cloud of wings and beady eyes began to break up, as one particularly large corvid came swooping down into a nearby alley. Gray winced in sympathy for whatever poor half-dead creature had attracted its attention to end up as dinner. She cast another glance up at the sky before she began hurrying away, keeping her head down. She wasn’t quite jogging, but it was too fast to really be considered a walk.

A voice came from behind her, and Gray whirled, dropping into a familiar stance where the difference between running and fighting took only a shift in weight. When she saw the figure who had spoken, running suddenly became the much more attractive option. It—he? It seemed more masculine to Gray, but one could never tell for sure—wasn’t human. It wasn’t just the slight distortion of features like Gray’s unnaturally slender, clawed fingers or delicate features that could belong to a much smaller form, but a complete sense about him, from the devilish horns to the skin tone. Of course, Gray had seen demons and Risen before, but she had always steered clear. And now one was about ten feet away, interrogating her about the card, the invitation she had just decided was her closest semblance of hope.

Naturally, Gray relaxed and smiled, straightening up from her tense stance. She held up the card. “This little thing?” She flipped her hand over, blew lightly over her knuckles, then turned it back so the now-empty palm faced the Risen, the card hidden by way of sleight of hand. “I had my fortune told a few days ago,” the rat girl lied easily. “The lady let me keep the card. She said it looked like I could use the encouragement.”

Gray’s brow furrowed slightly as a small creature scurried up the Risen’s shoulder. It had a scent that didn’t belong to any creature; there was no breath, no distinct odor, no blood-scent. It smelled like… wood? “What about your little friend there?” she couldn’t help but ask, lifting her chin slightly to gesture in its direction. “It doesn’t quite match the whole… vibe you have going.”

Sylph's confusion caught Blitz of guard as it usually did. Despite how much he found himself explaining his phrases or jokes to the tree lady he had never quite mastered doing so, always fumbling for an explanation he hadn't expected to give. "Well it's elements soon and you're pretty ... attuned with your element- It was a stupid joke, sorry" He called across the cafeteria to Sylph before his conversation with Silas had started, somewhat listening to Tyson and the other's before the Risen had his full attention.

"Jeez that's real" Life is short- fortunately he was fast, when he could freely get out of this place he had a whole list of things to do, places to visit, goals to achieve. Short talk over he began to speak more quietly, gaze resting on Seraph for a moment as he began speaking. "I know you and Malphas are more privy to the Sage's talks and what not" His head turned to look up at Silas, green eyes burning into the Risen's with an intense thirst for knowledge. "What was talked about, what's happening with Seraph"

It was a shot in the dark for information. Silas had never let anything slip before but for once Blitz wasn't asking for his own benefit ... well, not entirely. Of course he wanted to know to be more in the loop, to be more aware and understand more which Blitz didn't find selfish but they were definitely reasons that ultimately benefited himself. This time he wanted to know for Seraph's safety. Sure the Sage's had always protected them but ... something felt different about this time.

An itching feeling, instinct perhaps? Blitz didn't know, he just didn't feel as easy in the Sage's protection- a lot more uneasy than he usually felt anyways.

Luna thought for a bit more before snapping her fingers. "Why don't you study different metals? Sometimes we have an even greater affinity for particular types of mineral or metal. Once you figure out which one has the strongest resonance with yourself, you can practice with it and then move on to other metals when you feel confident enough."
It was not a quite a long shot, but that method worked for herself and probably would give Seraph something to work with. "As an Earth type, I might be able to sift through the soil and find some metals for you to try. What do you say Seraph?"
Meanwhile, Sylph walked over to Sooeun and sat next to her. "A beautiful day is it not?"

If laughing was an appropriate action here - and perhaps it was, given the absurdity of this whole thing - Orpheus would likely be cackling. The spontaneous, uncharacteristic desire to do so surprised even himself.

Ever since agreeing to work with Electra those few minutes ago, he felt a strange sentiment of belonging, a sensation that had eluded him for as long as he could remember. He felt as though he was exactly where he was meant to be, which was definitely not as comforting as it sounded considering they were, at present, skulking in the Dregs.

If Electra was nervous, she hid it well; even Orpheus felt extremely uneasy around these parts. Though they were the only two entities in sight, the world of sounds and smells always revealed what the eye could not, and in this particular moment, Orpheus' senses were going berserk.

The musty odor of old boots, the clinking of cold steel, and some quiet but menacing murmurs in the dark alleyways all passed through his senses, informing and guiding him as they always did.

It seemed they were being watched. Evaluated. Assessed. Thankfully, it seemed their would-be assailants decided whatever could be won from attacking them wasn't worth the risk. Orpheus assumed he had Electra's reputation, as evidenced by her unsettling pet snake, to thank for that intimidation.

In truth, he too had felt he had seen one too many snakes today. Anytime he heard their slimy, signature slither pervade his eardrums, his body wanted to writhe in disgust, and slight terror.

He would, much later, come to discover that this was simply his Zodiac Animal, the Pig's response to a fellow creature it could never quite get along with.

Back to the task at hand, Orpheus couldn't help but comment on what had just been said.

"This demon fancies itself a 'puppeteer', does it? How revolting. My experiences with demons have been rather... um, limited." He decided it was best to leave that there. "I trust you know a way to deal with it. Of course, I shall support you in any way I can."

He wanted to make an addendum to that last statement, but two new sensations reverberating through his body yanked his attention, causing him to stand still in his tracks.

"Electra." He called, his eyes open wide in thought and calculation. "Were there always this many rodents running around here?"

He paused before revealing the sensation that really had him on edge.

"And does it happen to be crow migration season?"

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Silas rubbed the back of his neck, he'd expected these kinds of questions but not this soon. He thought for a moment then sighed, "I'm not supposed to to say anything, but all I'll say is that as far as I'm concerned Seraph is fine, but what she heard has lead the sages to believe someone possibly dangerous is in Jadewall. I might have said too much, just no that me, Malphas and the sages have it covered and you don't need to worry, so focus on your tests and what not" he said, starting to stumble over his words before a sudden heat behind him caused him to turn suddenly, he then discovered one of his wooden creatures had just set itself on fire by accident "how in the hell, what are you even doing by the stove, I asked the pair of you to clean up the dishes and put them away and your back here playing with the stove" he clapped his hands and the burnt wooden creature crumbled to dust and flowed into the ground, the other one simply shrugged and went back to its task. Silas then turned back to Blitz, "When you need to know more, the sages will probably tell you" he said as he began to wipe the counter.

~Jadewall, Cafeteria~

Seraph considered Luna's suggestion.

"You know what," she said, "I think that's a good idea."

She immediately started brainstorming what metals they'd be able to find nearby.

"Do you suppose it would make a difference whether or not the metal was magnetic? Or maybe it has something to do with conductivity?"

Seraph then became aware that other people were still in the room.

"Sorry, Luna. I didn't mean to geek out on you."

Orpheus's senses weren't the only things going off. Electra had began to notice rat-like vibrations. However, she was not aware of the crows until Orpheus spoke up.

"No," she said. "Something is definitely up."

She signaled for Orpheus to follow her. Quietly. Even in heels, Electra was surprisingly stealthy. One might think she'd wear more comfortable shoes, especially in these surroundings. However, Electra had learned that a woman's shoes were her greatest weapons. And high heels, well, let's just say they left marks.

She lead Orpheus around the corner, and froze solid when she saw Malphas next to Gray.

"We have a problem," she whispered.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
A few hours ago...

Xez walked outside of his shrine, looking at the beauty of the trees and small flowers in the area. Sadly, some of the flowers in Xez' shrine that were given as a peace offering was almost wilted, the color of the flowers now a gray hue from its previously colorful appearance. Xez dug up a small hole in the ground and put the wilting flowers inside. With a little bit of Wood magic, Xez grew the flowers in an instant, as roots dug deep into the earth, making the flowers lively and colorful once more. He laid on the grass, looking up at the blue sky, and the clouds that peeked through the roofed forest. Out of nowhere, Xez was whisked away by people from Jadewall Academy, but of course, He wouldn't just be happy about that.

"What are you doing!! Bring me back to my shrine!!" Xez shouted, but the grip of the demon who had taken him was tight, and Xez couldn't get out. He grew out a root from the ground, hoping that they would be tripped up, and let him go free, but they were a lot stronger than him, not only because they have more practice, but because they probably use their powers more often than him. He knew he couldn't escape, and plus, they were probably just going to bring him to the Academy anyway, so there wasn't really a point.

Present Time

Once they'd arrive at Jadewall Academy, Xez would be instructed to go to the cafeteria for a bite to eat. Of course, he didn't NEED to eat, but the choice was his. He walked towards said cafeteria, mostly because he knew some unsuspecting kids could be tricked into doing some pretty funny stuff. For example, this kid who was walking from the bathroom to the cafeteria, who's wallet could just be taken out of his pocket, but he's not THAT evil, so he could probably just trip him with a root. In an instant, a small root that one could trip over flew in front of the kid, tripping him face first into the ground. Xez' grin was visible, and he honestly enjoyed it. The root slid back down into the earth as kid was embarrassed for tripping out of nowhere in the middle of the hallway. Xez silently giggled as he walked past, and into the cafeteria.

He looked for a fairly secluded seating area, as he sat down and looked around, waiting for the next kid to come up and let him trip them up.

Sooeun looked to her side, surprised that Sylph sat next to her. She was a little surprised, but smiled at the wooden woman before looking outside, the rain seemingly starting to ease up. Sooeun herself didn't mind rain, finding it calming on occasion if she had to be honest.

"It is, and quite good timing to ease up if we're about to head into elements class soon. Speaking of which, I need to go change," she replied as she got up to put her plate, utensils and glass away. She indeed needed to change as her clothes were still damp, and would prefer to not do the surprise exam in them.

"Thank you Mr. Silas for the meal," Sooeun said to the Risen after stacking her plate and utensils neatly beside the little wooden helper doing the dishes. Her gaze wandered around the cafeteria and spotted someone she didn't recognize. Well, it wasn't unusual to see new students sort of just appear at random intervals into the academy. What made this seemingly new face more interesting was that they had a very demonic appearance. Well, demonic humanoids were nothing new, and there were plenty of Risen in the academy and Sooeun assumed this newcomer was one. While looking at the demon, she shot a welcoming smile before turning to Seraph, Luna and everyone else nearby at the table, "See you later at Elements then," she simply said before walking out to go over to the sleeping quarters to prepare for the soon approaching exam.

Of course the Green sage would have a surprise exam.. Honestly, Sooeun just hoped for the best that the test didn't require all too much from her.

"No problem Seraph." Luna playfully ruffled Seraph's hair before continuing. "I'm pretty sure magnetism will have little to do with anything, but I would stick with base metals before moving on to alloys for the time being."
Sylph tilted her head as Sooeun left, saying she had to get changed. To the tree woman, clothing was still bizarre and she didn't understand why the Horse girl wanted to change her clothing, not knowing how uncomfortable it was for humans. In Sylph's case, she would just absorb the water from what little clothing she wore.

DevVoid

The black-feathered Risen looked towards the girl, cracking a very faint smirk at her little hand trick, making the card seemingly disappear. Oh, how adorable. Looks like there's a little magician in the making right there.. or a crook, slight of hand could be taken into either direction, after all. And given the circumstances of this particular part of Jadewall, both seem like a reasonable conclusion. The tall, slender figure was about to open his lips, but the words escaped as he caught whiff of a scent he could not order.. and one he found very familiar.

His gaze, quick as his inhuman reflexes could make them, flashed over to the source of whence these two scent trailed from, likely meeting the eyes of one of the two if they would have happened to look into the alley him and the girl were in at the exact same time. His mouth widened into a more recognizable smirk - one indiscernible if it brought a sense of ease and kindness.. or a sense of malice and accomplishment. With his eyes growing like a predatory animal who had just found its next meal, getting as much of the surrounding view as it could before an impending pounce, and his senses matching together with his memories however, the latter seemed far more likely.

Malphas' vision fell back on the girl as his facial expression relaxed, contorting back to its usual neutral appearance, his eyes having shrunk back to their usual size. With the very faint, genuine smirk from before, he spoke up before motioning to the little wooden creature on his body, having hoped it would try to hide soon before it was spotted by the approaching two.

" Well, that sounds nice, what a lovely fortune teller to let you keep your prediction. This little guy here is from a friend of mine, it likes to tag along every now and then. Go on, run along now. "

The Kotengu had whispered the last five words as quiet as he could to the figure so that it could get a headstart while he acted as the distraction and find a place to hide, assuming it wouldn't continue staying on his shoulder. Either way, Malphas waited a bit before promptly waving to the girl as an exiting gesture.

" I hope that card of yours will help you obtain a better future. Now then, I'll be off. Farewell. "

And just like that, the figure burst into a cloud of smoke, quickly blinding the location he had been previously stood in, covering a semi-large radius around its previous location in dense packs of the dark-gray gas, while one cloud seperated from the mass and ascended into the skies, forming into a larve raven while the alley was obscured and flying away with the flock, all of which had, by this point, already gathered up in the local area and took off alongside him.

Well, that was a rather successful mission, was it not? Now, all he had to do was report back to the academy.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Jadewall Academy
Silas finished cleaning the counter and glanced around the cafeteria spotting Xez in a corner, of course he recognised the demon, he'd been around long enough to know when a demon moved into town you found out who they were and where they lived. He walked out of the kitchen "excuse me a minute Blitz" he said as he passed, walking over to Xez, "well, well what brings you to the academy Xez, not really your scene is it kid" he stated with a raised eyebrow, "not planning on getting up to any Mischief are we, definitely not in my cafeteria I hope" he added.
@| Korutesu |

Lower Jadewall
When Malphas left the little wooden creature got left behind and landed on the ground with a thud, realising it probably shouldn't stick around in the open, it scurried away to hide behind some bins, still watching the girl and wondering why Malphas had left so suddenly.

Rather than feeling relieved that Malphas had vanished, Electra felt as though she had ice water in her veins. There was no way the risen simply popped down for a quick hello. He was up to something. He had to be.

"Stay cautious," she told Orpheus, who would no doubt demand an explanation at some point. "And look alive. After getting a visit from Mr. Ravens, two strangers showing up will not be welcome."

Electra slowly emerged into the light. Her pet snake seemed less tense now that the birds were gone. She waved calmly to Gray with her free hand while her other struggled to support the weight of the suitcase.

"Hello," she called to the scrappy looking teenager. "Fancy meeting you here."

~Jadewall Academy~

"Good point."

Seraph glanced up at the clock on the cafeteria wall.

"Goodness! It's almost time for class."

She wolfed down the remaining bits of her lunch as fast as she could.

"I don't want to be late. The sooner I get Green Sage's mystery test over with the better."

She rose to her feet, looking at Luna, Blitz, and everyone else who was still hadn't left.

"Anyone ready?"

Seraph didn't want to admit that she was too nervous to show up to class by herself.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Xez let out a short 'eek' noise, before looking behind him and seeing some devil guy looking at him. He stared at him for a few moments before realizing that it was Silas. Xez didn't know much about the people living in Jadewall, but those Risen and Demons couldn't, and wouldn't leave his sight, not even for a moment.

"Uh-" Xez stuttered a bit on his words to think of an answer. "I was taken by some demons from my shrine earlier. Told me to go here, and then get to some class." Xez mentioned, but looking back, those demons never really gave him a straight answer on why he was taken here, especially because he never really was the school-kid type.

"So... what am I even supposed to do now? I wouldn't mind if you showed me where the said "class" is. And I promise, no mischief in the cafeteria." Of course, Xez wasn't going to keep this promise, but for his sake, and also because Silas is one of those people who you wouldn't wanna mess with, Xez probably won't touch the cafeteria for some time.
@Void_Nugget

Tyson simply relaxed at his table as he continued to manipulate and reshape the golden metal in his hand, almost as if he tried to make it focus on one specific shape, just as it looked like he was close to what it was that he was trying to make, he jolted when he heard Seraph mention the time which immediately made him look back at the clock and jolt in realization; he was so focused on what it was that he was doing that he didn't even think about how long it really took him. Tyson immediately stood up from his chair and closed his hand in to a fist, this caused the floating golden object he created to quickly dissolve like dry sand and seemingly fade from existence before it touched the ground.

He noticed how Seraph looked around as if she was waiting for someone and let out a little laugh-like huff, Tyson put his hands in the pockets of his coat and walked over to Seraph and the others as he too looked around. "I am." He said with a rather friendly smile that some would consider surprising given how relentless he tended to be.

=Nightshade=

Lower Jadewall

Gray flinched as the Risen vanished in a puff of inky smoke, cursing quietly and swatting at the thick gas as a large black bird took its leave from the cloud. As the raucous cawing of the crows began to fade into the distance while the smoke dispersed, Gray turned in a slow circle. She still wasn’t alone; she could feel it, like a rodent feels the eyes of an eagle, or… a snake. The reptilian scent came through the dissipating acrid tang of the smoke, and Gray turned as the strange woman’s charismatic voice spoke to her again.

The damned snake was still with her, but at least it didn’t seem hostile, this time. Gray didn’t suppose she’d ever get used to the crawling of the skin that came on whenever she looked into the slitted pupils of the legless reptiles, but as long as she wouldn’t have to touch it, it wouldn’t be too much of a bother.

But the snake wasn’t the woman’s only companion, this time. A pink-haired man was with her, looking out of sorts but highly alert. He didn’t set off alarm bells for Gray; there was nothing predatory about him, not like the calm, collected danger of the woman, but something still made Gray uneasy— more than just the simple mistrust of strangers that was ever-present in any street urchin’s mind.

Gray gave a flick of her wrist, and the Hanged Man appeared between her fingers. “Hello,” the girl said guardedly. There was no hostility nor surprise in her tone, just a low undertone of suspicion. Suspicion that, a careful listener might discern, was a fair bit lower than it had been the first time Gray had spoken with the woman.

“You found me quickly,” she continued conversationally. “I was wondering how a tarot card could double as a telephone, but I guess I don’t have to worry about that now.” She glanced down at the card, then back up to where the flock of crows had become a speck in the distance. “That Risen — my guess is you saw him — he asked about the card. I lied, obviously. But I can’t help but wonder what made him curious.”

Blitz had expected a reserved and stiff answer, for Silas not to budge and rooted like a great grand old oak. Much to the rabbit year's surprise he received actual information, laced within many reassurances and instructions but information nevertheless. Silas having to attend to his little wooden men gave Blitz time to reflect. Someone dangerous in was in Jadewall, someone with magic capabilities. They'd reached out to Seraph- intentionally or unintentionally? Did they know that they'd done so? Did they know the location of the academy.

A quiet sigh escaped Blitz as the answers he'd been graced with only spawned more questions, more frustration. When you could move so fast and felt so capable being told to sit still and wait was a drag, at least for Blitz. "Yeah, well they better" With a slightly sunken attitude he continued to slurp at his broth, overlooking the cafeteria as Silas excused himself to who knows where.

He was practically done with his meal when Seraph started to worry about class, Blitz setting the bowl down on the counter and also strolling over to the group of Seraph, Luna, Sylph and Tyson. "Let's get this show on the road then!"

~Jadewall Academy~

Seraph walked with Luna, Sylph, Blitz, and Tyson to the training grounds. Green Sage was already there, setting up what appeared to be several rings on the floor.

"Good afternoon students," the sage greeted without looked up from their work.

Seraph approached one of the rings. Upon closer inspection, each ring appeared to have been drawn with white sand. Six objects were spaced evenly apart on the circle's rim. There was a candle, a rock, bowl of water, a twig, and a piece of aluminum foil. The sixth object was something Seraph did not recognize. It was smooth and spherical, kind of like a pearl, only thrice the size. Of hand, it was difficult to say whether the spheres were made of glass or crystal.

"Today we are going to begin our lesson on combining elements."

Seraph looked up at Green Sage, who had just finished putting the final touches on the last ring.

"You may choose which ever ring you like. Take a seat and I will take the roll call to make sure that everyone is here."

Seraph sat in the ring closest to where she had stood. Was all this stuff for the test? She looked over at the other students, hoping to gain some sort of clue from their faces. Most of them had been here longer than she had. Then again, wasn't this a surprise test? They probably did not no anymore than she did.

Seraph turned her attention back to the circle. Obviously, five of the items displayed around her represented the five elements, but what about the sixth item? Maybe someone else knew what it was for.

~Lower Jadewall~

Electra picked her response carefully.

"I'm honestly not certain," she said. Which was the truth.

Electra may have practiced spell magic at the academy, but she had no idea what clued Malphas in on her card.

"It only works if you turn it upside down by the way."

She snatched the card from Gray's hand then returned it to her with the hanged man facing up. It winked at her, then the image on the card disappeared in a swirl of color, leaving behind a white reflective surface that resembled that of a mirror.

"See?" Electra held up her own tarot card for emphasis. When she held the card up to her face, a copy appeared on Gray's own card.

"Works better than an iPhone," Electra explained. "And it requires no charge or signal."

Technically, that wasn't true. Closed communication spells generally require a recasting every 12 to 15 years. Still, it was longer than most cellphones.

"As much as I'd like to say this visit was solely for social purposes, my friend and I have a job to do."

Electra set her suitcase on the floor besides Gray and unlatched it.

"Orpheus." It was the first time Electra spoke the young man's voice with grave concern. "At the exact moment I open this, I need you to step back."

She gave him a few moments to do so. In the meantime, she pulled out a pair of maroon leather gloves she had been saving in her coat pocket and put them on.

"Okay. On three. One. Two. Three!"

Electra flung out the suit case, reached down, and pulled out the item that was inside. It looked like an ordinary bone. The kind a dog would chew on.

Luna and Sylph sat down in separate circles, inspecting the items within them. While curious, Sylph understandably shied away from the candle and the foil. On the other hand, Luna was interested in the idea of fusing elements, thinking of how cool it would be to control lava, especially considering it was pretty much liquid earth.

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Lower Jadewall
The little wooden creature watched from us hiding place, examining the interaction between Electra and the girl, it tried to move the bins slightly to get a better look and accidentally knocked the bin over. The creature panicked immediately and went to run under Electra's legs to get away.

Jadewall Academy
Listening to Xez, Silas was about to respond when he heard a clatter from the kitchen "oh for gods sake, I need to hire actual staff", he turned back to Xez "I would suggest you maybe go to Green Sage's class, see what they say" he stated before making his way back to the kitchen to deal with his wooden friend.

Tyson smiled as he walked with the others to the training grounds where Green Sage would do their next lesson. He looked around at the white circles with six items around them before he heard how their next lesson involved combining elements, Tyson understood this as he knew being more diverse with his elemental capabilities would make him much stronger... but one thing he didn't understand was the sixth item that was the orb, his eyes completely locked on to it in contemplation.

'Weren't there only five elements? What does the sixth one represent?' Tyson thought to himself before he started to count the elements with his fingers and muttered each element. "Fire... Metal... Wood... Earth... Water... Whatever that is..." Tyson couldn't stop wondering what this sixth element was, only that the best way he could find out is if he simply sat in his circle like the rest of the class did and only hope that Green Sage would explain even more.

Sooeun hurried her way back in a fresh set of clothes, though her hair was still very much damp. Looked like she made it right in time to whatever this lesson was about to be. Sooeun stayed quiet while the Green Sage was in the middle of their explanation, but once they were done explaining, Sooeun walked up to them, "I'm sorry for being late to the lecture," she said with an apologetic bow and straightening her back after a few seconds. She wasn't late by much, but it was still enough for her to consider herself late.

Sooeun then turned around to look at the materials. Fusing elements? She barely could control her own! Well, she didn't want to disappoint the green sage so she was going to participate. If she remembered correctly.. Metal had a good correlation together with water if she remembered correctly and fortunately it was still up for grabs. Sooeun looked around her at the other students and with a little hesitancy, stepped to the circle with the aluminum piece. She sat down, and crossed her legs. There was nothing else to do than to wait for further instructions now.

DevVoid

With the plentiful arriving caws of crows on the horizon rapidly approaching, the black-feathered head honcho of the group flew his way back to the entrance of the Academy, forming back into his human-like form upon landing. Well, what a rather eventful day, was it not?

First these strange events with the students and now a meeting with one who had formerly gone here regularly - well, it was less of a meeting. It was more of a brief acknlowedgment of one another's presence at best.. then again, he had figured that sticking around wouldn't have exactly been the wisest option, either.

Regardless, Malphas' rapid footsteps would find their way back to the Garden where they had previously held their actual meeting at the Gazebo, unsure of whether or not any of the sages would still be there.. oh well, wouldn't hurt to call out, right?

" Black Sage, are you still present out there? White, Red, anyone? I've got some news you may want to hear! "

Blitz listened to Green Sage's words before heading to a circle himself, stepping into it with a hop and then crouching down to observe the orb. He was familiar with the other objects and what they represented but much like everyone else he was perplexed and intrigued with the clear ball. A flame flickered onto his finger tip, dancing fervently as the light reflected in both his eyes and the orb. Perhaps ... light? Was that even a thing?

Hopefully this was a question that would be answered. Blitz flickered the flame away, standing to attention and looking to Green Sage once more. He was always enthusiastic to learn, ears peeled and mind opened.

~Jadewall Academy, Rock Garden, Gazebo Area~

By the time Malphas returned to the Gazebo most of the sages had already left. However, two had remained behind.

Black Sage was presently gazing into the Koi Pond, avoiding the icy stare from White Sage's eyes.

Black Sage sighed. "I thought we were done arguing."

"Not until I get an answer."

It was no use avoiding them, Black Sage realized. They could still see the reflection of White Sage's eyes in the pond water.

"What answer?" They asked, turning to their white cloaked companion. "Unless my memory fails, you never asked me anything."

"You know what I'm talking about, traitor."

Black Sage gave them a sharp look. "What was that? I didn't hear that last part."

"Don't mock me. You were the one who opposed my plan to get rid of the Remnants from the start. Now, you're planning to cover for one that we know is dangerous just because they were a former student. Don't try to deny it. I know you too well." White Sage drew a breath and sighed. "Black, we need to know where your loyalty lies."

"We?" Black Sage echoed. "Or you?"

White Sage's eyes softened a little, but not much. "I know you want to believe people aren't born bad. But think about what we've been through, think about what she did."

Black Sage didn't need the reminder. They could picture the scene as if it was tattooed inside of their brain. Electra's fit of rage had left the academy in ruins. Several students were hospitalized, many of them quit. Black Sage also remembered the look on Electra's face before it happened. Until that day, they had never seen a student cry before.

"She may not have done anything if we had just told the truth."

White Sage sighed.

"Why are you so hung up on this anyway? We all voted."

"Not all votes are final."

A piercing silence hung in the air between the sages.

"What--" Black Sage said, "is that supposed to mean?"

It was at that moment the two sages became aware that Malphas was calling to them.

"Over here!" White Sage hollered.

Black Sage stewed in silence. White may have gotten out of answering for now, but they weren't off the hook.

The name of 'Gray' was indeed a fitting moniker for the child, the unkempt fluff of hair being, perhaps, her most iconic physical trait.

Orpheus was silent, allowing Electra to lead the conversation with what would hopefully become their third Remnant ally.

As he surreptitiously appraised the girl, he could feel that she was doing the same to him. and a lot more discreetly, he noticed.

Whatever her abilities may be, Orpheus concluded she was not someone to be trifled with. Supernatural capabilities aside, the streets of Jadewall have an uncanny gift for turning the wettest of blankets into the steeliest of souls.

If they can stay alive, that is.

Evaluations aside, now that the mysterious Risen had disappeared, Orpheus felt a sensation of ease, and...completeness? It was a warm, fuzzy feeling in the pit of his stomach, as if he'd finally acquired something he'd lost a long time ago. It was identical to how he felt when he met Electra for the first time.

"I see..." he began, mumbling to himself whilst Electra continued her discussion with Gray, waving around a sleek-looking tarot card. "Of course I would feel that way. If what Electra tells me is true, then we are, quite literally, reuniting with ourselves every time we come into close contact with another Remnant." he conjectured.

It seemed that his innate inquisitiveness came in handy when attempting to unravel mystical connections such as these, though it was a trait he had limited opportunity to exercise since 'leaving' Jadewall University's faculty all that time ago. He missed those days dearly.

Electra's voice calling his name was what snapped him back into reality, instructing him to step back as soon as she opened the heavy suitcase she had been carrying around. Since they left her hideout, he had wondered what was inside. It seemed he would find out now.

He readied himself, checking his surroundings to see what space was available in case something... undesirable lay within the suitcase.

Interestingly, he sensed that while the horde of crows were implied to have vanished alongside their 'master', the local rat population had stayed the same, if not increased. Strange, considering crows are known to enjoy snacking on mice, rats, and other rodent-flavored delicacies.

Stealing glances at Gray, he decided to halt his suspicions for now. He focused his attention back onto Electra.

"Very well, I-"

Crash!

Orpheus snapped to the direction of the sound, alert. A small, seemingly wooden creature ran out from behind a toppled-over bin, darting straight for Electra as she flung open her suitcase, pulling something out.

Orpheus cursed under his breath before making the split-second decision to follow Electra's instruction, jumping backwards whilst calling out to his two fellow Remnants.

"Watch out! There's something under you!"

=Nightshade=

Lower Jadewall
Gray looked at the card in some odd blend of shock and awe. She knew magic well — magic, that is, being clever sleight of hand — and had a knack for replicating most tricks upon simply observing them once or twice. But here, she could see no trick. The card was still a card, paper-thin, and yet functioned like an advanced piece of technology. Either the government had been keeping some serious scientific secrets, or this magic was the real deal (though the latter didn’t necessarily exclude the former from truth — better to be suspicious).

The girl deftly slipped the magic card back into her sleeve as she took a cautious step back from the suitcase. Gray supposed the warning hadn’t been for her, but it was always better to be careful. A sense of curiosity was about her despite her caution, though she had the odd feeling that not all of it was hers. The rats in the darkness were lurking, sometimes skittering from one side of the alley to the other, or perching, statue-like, in Gray’s shadow. She could feel the pink-haired man’s eyes on her and deliberately avoided them, keeping her eyes on the woman’s suitcase as she opened it.

The rodents that had been sheltering near the trash bin scattered as it tumbled with a crash, setting Gray on high alert as she snapped around. The rats’ sudden sense of fear from the surprise had Gray’s mind terrifyingly blank for a moment before she came back to herself at the warning from Orpheus. “It’s that thing that was with the Risen,” she muttered, her eyes finding the wooden critter quickly. A few of the rats crept closer, as if responding to her suspicion. “Why is it still here…?”

~Lower Jadewall~

Electra looked down as the brown wooden creature darted between her legs. While her reaction was slow, the serpent that had been coiled around her next sprung into action. It's pale jaws clamped down on the unusual creature.

"SJ, hold!" Electra shouted. She didn't want him to kill it, not knowing if the creature could even be killed. The serpent obeyed.

Electra crouched lower to examine the creature, her snake holding it the way a puppy holds a stick.

"Curious," she muttered.

Electra glanced over at Gray.

"You said the Risen had this---thing?"

Something about the creature seemed familiar, but Electra couldn't place it.

~Jadewall Academy, Training Area~

Green Sage looked at their roster, then at the students seated before them.

"It would appear we have a few late arrivals," the sage said, clearing their throat. "No matter. They'll simply have to catch up once they get here.

'The objects you see before you are representations of the five elements. Metal, Wood, Earth, Water, and Fire. As Wild Marked, you will learn to control over one of these elements. However, today's test is designed as a means of discerning element compatibility."

Green Sage began pacing the ground between them and the students.

"You were all born with a connection to one of these elements. That connection can be reached with practice and with inner-seeking exercises, such as meditation."

Ugh! Seraph thought. More meditation. Wasn't my last attempt disastrous enough?

"In a group setting," Green Sage continued, unaware of the Year of the Snake's thoughts, "you may find that you are able to reach out to other elements besides your own. That is the purpose of today's lesson, to determine whether you share compatibility with any of your peers. This will determine whether or not you will be able to attend future fusion lessons with Red Sage and myself. Before we begin, are there any questions?"