• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Wild Mark: A Zodiac Powered Roleplay

Little did Blitz know, Luna was actually standing right in front of him, using the minerals she manipulated earlier to camouflage her body. This includes her clothing. She had an inkling that he would try goading her into another sparring match soon and prepared ahead of time. The second he looked away, Luna lunged pinning him to the ground as her features returned to the surface. She grinned, showing off her enlarged canines. "Nice try Blitz, but you're pinned."

~Academy Cafeteria~

The Library.

Leave it to Green Sage to spend their free time in a book. Unless, their research was more chaotic in nature.

"That's very kind of you, Silas. However I'm not sure that--"

Black Sage's response was cut short by Malphas's sudden entrance.

"Hello, old friend," the sage greeted. "Silas offered me the same thing, but I'm afraid my problem is of a personal nature."

Black Sage kneaded their hands. The Library. It could just be a coincidence. Still, Green Sage was one of the most thorough people at the academy. If their research was what Black Sage suspected, it would be best not to disturb them. Not yet.

"I'll tell you," Black Sage told the two Risen, "if you promise that you won't breathe a word of this to the students."

~Academy Library~

The Academy possessed a rather sumptuous collection of books, records, and assorted media. All of these were housed in the library, a pagoda style building where rows upon rows of books and scrolls were stacked to the ceiling. For Green Sage, there was no better paradise on Earth, except maybe the rock garden.

It was rare of the sage to take their cup of tea while doing work. They believed that the mind as well as the body deserved a daily moment of rest. For Green Sage, serenity came in a fresh brew or a relaxing stroll through the garden. Unfortunately, they did not have time to do both.

Draining their cup quicker than usual, Green Sage turned the page of their book. They had a lesson on the Five Elements in a couple of hours. Today would be the crucial test. Many of their students were capable of bending or conjuring some form of their element by now. However, Green Sage needed to determine if any of their powers stemmed from a darker source.

They threw their glance to the wall. In the far back section of the library, there was a mural. Most students were not permitted to see it without permission. The mural was hand painted. It depicted the animals of the zodiac fighting, what appeared to be, a black hole. The dark spot in the mural sent shivers up the sage's spine. They ran their fingers over the painting of the tiger. Its orange and black colors were as bright as the day they were painted. Next to the tiger was an animal resembling a dog, only with fur the color of jade. Below these animals, thousands of small silhouette figures fought. The grey ones represented human beings. Many of them fought along side red silhouettes, the Risen, against various black figures, Demons and Monsters. Many of the silhouette figures lay either dead or dying.

Green Sage tore their fingers away from the mural, fearing it would smudge. The mural symbolized the original Wild Marked's triumph over Chaos, a victory that was hard won. Green Sage had spent many nights wondering whether the victory was absolute. Lately, their were signs that Chaos was reemerging. How this was possible, they did not know, but they were determined that nothing like the Darkest Hour would ever happen again. No matter what it took.

~Electra's Hideout, Lower Jadewall~

"Indeed," Electra answered. "This source, which I have yet to describe, appeared over a thousand years ago. I know very little about it myself."

Electra casted her gaze to floor. She felt that Orpheus deserved a proper explanation, though it involved reliving painful memories.

"When I was ten years old, I dreamt that I was being attacked by thirteen wild animals. I awoke to find my bedroom on fire."

Breathe, she thought.

"My parents got out in time, but they were terrified. I lived in a rural area, so it wasn't like anyone had witnessed powers of such scale before. A pastor from the local mission offered us a place to stay while our house was being repaired. He forced me to recite scripture and kneel on salt grains, supposedly to banish whatever demon had possessed me to set fire to my home."

She let out a deep sigh.

"One night, a venomous snake crawled into my sleeping bag. The next morning, the pastor was screaming bloody murder. I tried to calm him down. I even convinced the snake to leave the house, but in his mind, I had made a deal with the devil. My family...well...let's just say didn't put up with that sort of thing."

Electra still remembered their screams. Their yelling for her to get out of the house and never return.

"My life became a blur after that. I found some people who claimed they wanted to help me. Offered to teach me how to control my powers and give me a place to stay. I thought my luck had finally changed, until I learned they were plotting to kill me."

Electra looked sternly at Orpheus now.

"That is why I brought you here. I may have managed to escape, but others were not so lucky. The people I mentioned are still out their. If they find you, they may attempt to lure you with hope and false promises. Sooner or later though, they'll stab you in the back."

Her hands curled into a tight fist. "Whatever this power, this connection is between us, I'm confident they were behind it. I want to find out why, and save others like us before it's too late."

Orpheus listened to Electra recount her story, paying utmost attention to every detail. He imagined how difficult it must have been for her to recount such a chilling tale from childhood, and felt the strange desire to pat her on the shoulder, a habit he'd grown out of for obvious reasons.

He was caught off-guard by the graveness in her countenance during the latter half of her discourse- it seemed that the betrayal she had suffered still stung.

Now having listened completely, Orpheus took some time to digest all that had been delineated to him.

A dream of thirteen wild animals, just like mine! An entity from over a thousand years ago? Why thirteen exactly? What's so special about-

His eyes widened in realization.

...could it be?! That old bedtime story about 13 heroes coming together to defeat an unspeakable evil were... true?! A thousand years old! The only entity that could be a thousand years old would be...

He stopped his train of thought there, for it was becoming too dark altogether.

Now dismissing his contemplation as nought but fantastical conjecture, he rose steadily to his feet before addressing Electra.

"Thank you for sharing that with me." He began. "It was- a lot to digest, I suppose. I have many questions, as I'm sure you expect, though I suppose only one really matters as far as this conversation is concerned."

He took one last deep breath before giving Electra a stern look of his own.

"Suppose we do achieve our goal of gathering those like us, and we have them all in one place. What then? Those people you spoke of will likely even multiply their efforts in hunting us all down. How do you plan on... taking care of them?"

Electra nodded. Indeed, the young man made a valid point.

"I've thought of that," she told him. "You probably noticed that Gerrik, the hulking giant you saw earlier, is no mere man."

Electra took out a piece of chalk. She began drawing strange symbols on the floor.

"He is a demon. A true demon, in every sense of the word."

The chalk symbols Electra drew on the ground formed a circle.

"I have discovered the means of controlling a demon temporarily through incantations. By doing so, I learned the means of gaining permanent control over a demon."

She drew the last symbol, an oddly serpent-shaped S.

"With this ring, I can bind a demon long enough to learn their names. Your typical demon has three. There is the given name, i.e., the one given to them by their parents, the taken name, an alias or a title the demon gives itself, and finally, there is the borrowed name."

Electra wrote Gerrik on the edge of the circle. On the other side, she put Spear Ruler.

"The last name is usually hidden," she explained, "and only discernible by some form of scrying or meditation. Think of it as symbolic of their soul, if one could imagine demons possess such things. If and when a demon eventually dies, their borrowed name returns from whence it came. Taken names are typically used by demons as a display of status or a change of identity. They are more commonly used by Risen, higher demons who wish to signify their removal from their dark-hearted brethren."

She paused to take a breath, and also to let her explanation sink in.

"In my visions, I saw the animals attacking me fall before demons. I believe if I can bind enough of them, I can use them to protect Remnants like us from opposing forces."

It was the first time Electra had used the word 'Remnant' in years. She still did not like the dark connotation it carried. Nevertheless, she supposed it was fitting, considering everything she had done to get this far.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Gray turned her face to the sky, still cloudy as the color she was named for, though the rain seemed to be over, at least for the moment. That curious smell still lingered in the air, of damp grass and silent decay. Most of the Dregs had taken their share of coin and departed to stagger their approaches to merchants, so no one grew suspicious and they could all have something to eat.

A heavy, oddly gentle hand set itself on Gray’s shoulder, and she could feel Strings behind her, also looking up at the meek sun just parting the clouds. In stilted English, accented by some eastern European rasp, he spoke quietly. “Sun returning. The rats hide again, no?” His tone was friendly, almost sympathetic; he knew the rats meant something to Gray, if not why or how, and he meant to offer comfort as they scurried back to the safety of darkness.

And yet, this time, the comment stung a little. Gray wouldn’t have given it a second thought ordinarily, but now she wondered if it would truly be her fate to always run from the light. The teen forced a smile as she shifted her gaze from the slowly dissipating steel of the sky to Strings’ rugged, kindly face. “Yes, I… suppose they do.”

The middle-aged man removed his hand from Gray’s shoulder and gave a shallow nod paired with an awkward smile. “Yes. Must go now. Hungry. Hold down fort, yes, Gray?” When she returned his small nod in the affirmative, Strings smiled just slightly wider, still not showing his teeth (as was his habit), and began to walk towards town, away from the outskirts that passed for home.

Not ten seconds after Strings’ slightly uneven walk had taken him out of sight, the bent older woman affectionately known as Ma emerged from the tent Gray had been angling toward. “Hafta get that lazy bastard Alpha to patch the leak in that thing–” She caught sight of Gray and offered a grin: more teeth than gaps, though the number was close. “Howdy-do, kiddo? Heard the money was good. Don’t go gettin’ a big head, though,” Ma added with a good-humored cackle. “Now I still got no i-dear how ya pull off all that witchy healin’ stuff, but it’s bribin’ Death to stay away from here.”

Ma ruffled Gray’s hair as she shuffled past toward where Rocker had just finished another cigarette and thrown the dead end once again. “Just make sure you keep good ol’ Mr. Reaper away from youself, too. Shadow tells me you ain’t hungry and I tell you that’s a load of bo-hunk, but if yer that tired, turn in early. Maybe you’ll wanna eat some in the morn’.”

The Hanged Man had a halo of light, Gray recalled idly. She wondered if she would run from that, too.

The naming conventions of demons were intricate matters indeed, as Electra explained. A given name, a taken name, and finally a borrowed name- Orpheus had to wonder how demons kept track of all these.

Though in truth he wasn't one to judge- after all, the alias of Orpheus could be likened to his own 'taken' name.

Of course, that doesn't even account for the selection of otherworldly symbols that Electra scribed onto the creaky wooden floors of the hideout, which are what allowed her to bind and subsequently control demons. He noted that the methods were somewhat... forceful, though once again reminded himself that ethics were of limited use when lives were on the line.

He appreciated the pause as she finished up, allowing him time to think on all that had been said, though one word in particular made his heart skip a beat.

"...Remnant?" He questioned. He had desperately hoped his train of thought from earlier would be proven incorrect, now more than ever.

"...what exactly are we Remnants of, Electra?" He asked, his voice growing distinctly shaky and unsteady.

"And opposing forces? Just how many people are we up against? Why do they want us dead so badly?"

Blitz was quite perplexed truly. She couldn't of gotten far, her scent was still strong and with his heightened hearing he could make out the faint beating of her heart. It wasn't enough to pinpoint her location though, was she hiding?

It happened fast. Luna lunged and Blitz attempted to reacting, an orange glow quickly growing in his legs and eyes but dispersing once he had been pinned. "Ack, Damn!" He attempted to wiggle and shuffle, seeing if he could escape the tigresses strength but he knew it was futile. "Jeez, that was good- leaning very much into the tiger there y'know- ambush hunter and what not, congratulations" Blitz squeezed out his words, flashing a grin to Seraph and attempting another wiggle.

"Maybe please get off now"

Luna grinned before standing back up, pulling Blitz up as well. "It doesn't help you that I was prepared this time."
She then noticed Seraph. "Were you going to try impressing her by beating me Blitz? I know you're a rabbit, but you need to keep your hormones in check."
That last quip was meant as a joke, but Luna knew that there were some that leaned a little too far into their more animalistic nature.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Malphas pondered about it for a moment. What could quite possibly be so horrid of a secret that even the students weren't allowed to know? What, did someone die? Is the Academy going to be raided soon? Did someone pour a little too much sugar into one of the Sage's tea cups as a prank? Well, either way, if something was gonna happen to the very workplace he's been tending to for the last who knows how long, it should probably be him who should also be included into these kinds of topics.

" Tell you what, I've got a better idea. At least, on my part. "

Malphas waved his four crows off as they turned and dove back into the halls, disappearing with several wing flaps while he himself still remained by the door. The Risen clapped his hands together and looked towards the Black Sage, having acquired an idea that would kill two birds with one stone. Metaphorically speaking, of course. Killing birds wasn't his strong suit.. unless they dared harm his own.

" I'll make haste and inform the green sage immediately and will not inquire about the why and what's of whatever's going. However, if you're planning on some form of meeting, which you probably are, I'd like to at least be in the room with everyone, if not be part of it. I am the caretaker of the area after all, it is only fair I get to hear about the potential future of the place and the people residing in it. "

Malphas stepped back without turning around, now behind the door frame and waiting for the Black Sage's answer.. oh wait, that's right. He could guess what question would come next, so he'd add one final piece to assure that he was not one to simply go about telling confidential secrets to just about anyone who asked or didn't ask for them.

" Rest be assured, the students will know not a thing. I will promise you that. "

Last edited:
"Not really, makes it a bit unfair- not much of competition that way" He took Luna's hand and rose to his feet, brushing himself off as he shrugged and mused. "But as White sage always says 'Preparedness is the best power!'" Blitz attempted to mimic the Sage's voice, a much more dramatic emphases of the tone of course.

Red flushed through his features at Luna's tease, Blitz gently tapping her arm as he shook his head, waved his hands and spluttered out a response. "Wha- No, I ain't like tha- I know I'm rabbit but- It was to cheer up!"

~The Academy, Training Area with Blitz and Luna~

"And its working!" Seraph cheered, laughing like a crazed hyena.

Granted, Luna's joke made her blush a bit. She had never seen Blitz in that way, but he was certainly a nice guy. His impersonations were stunningly accurate. Blitz's reaction to the joke and Luna's tackle, however, were priceless. Too priceless to pass up.

"Nice moves, Luna," Seraph congratulated. "But I'd be careful. A rabbit's bite is definitely worse than it's bark."

Do rabbits bark? Seraph wondered. Not that it mattered much. She supposed they squeaked, but then her metaphor wouldn't make sense.

~The Academy, Cafeteria~

Black Sage hesitated. After a few moments, a shy smile crept across their face.

"Thank you, Malphas." They said. "Yes, I think that is for the best."

They prepared to leave.

"Meet us at the gazebo by the rock garden. I happen to know none of the students will be near it."

The sage turned to Silas. "You're welcome to come too, of course. After all, you both have been at the Academy long enough to know what's what."

Meanwhile, Green Sage prepared to exit the library. Their ears detected the subtle flapping of wings.

Electra sighed. "I wish I knew the answers," she said. "Truly, I do. As it stands, I can only guess."

"There is an Academy," she told Orpheus, "where they train people like us. Well, like us in the sense that they have powers. I suppose some of them could be Remnants."

She feared this next part would not be easy for Orpheus to hear. "You know the legend of the great warriors who defeated the force known as Chaos. Some have called it by other names: The Dark One, The Heart of Evil. Remnants is the word that they gave to people who were supposedly born from Chaos. I don't know how it's possible, or why, but it is what they believe. They, of course, being the ones who run this academy. Our adversaries."

Electra started pacing. "I've been trying to find it for years. You recall, I said I had escaped. Well, after I fled my captors, I tried to devise a way to go back, to save anyone else they were plotting to destroy. But I couldn't find it. It was as if the academy had vanished into thin air."

Her shoulders sagged. "The people of the academy are convinced that 'remnants of chaos' will only bring about destruction. In their minds, they have to destroy us in order to save the world from future calamity. While I can understand their intentions, I cannot abide by their methods. Who knows how many people they have brainwashed into thinking we're all villains and scum."

Electra realized this must have sounded ironic, considering she consorted with demons, but if the great warriors were willing to fight along side humans and monsters, why shouldn't she?

=Nightshade=

Ma had been right, Gray thought. The tent was leaky. There was a shallow puddle of rainwater under the leftmost seam, and the older woman had had the foresight to move the sleeping bags to the right, so they were still mostly dry. At least it wasn’t raining any more, so the water shouldn’t spread any more than it had already.

Gray wanted nothing more than to wrap herself in the thin fabric of a sleeping bag and let the velvet of sleep take her away from the curse of her thoughts. She would have, too, if not for the fact that, now that water was no longer dripping through the faulty seam, she was currently the greatest source of water damage. Gray began to change into drier clothes; though they were equally ill-fitting and distended as what she had been wearing before, at least she wouldn’t be quite as cold. She tossed her wet garments out beside the tent to dry, hoping the rain wouldn’t decide to make a renewed appearance.

After she changed, Gray was left with the tarot card in her hand, no longer concealed by the drenched flannel. She lay back, the only thing between her and the hard ground the tattered sleeping bag, crossing her legs and turning the card between her fingers. The vacant grin of the painted figure stared through her, and she shivered.

Witchlike? Gray supposed Ma hadn’t been wrong in describing her control over certain diseases as such, but it just demonstrated how little the others really understood of her power. On several occasions, Alpha had caught a common cold or similar, and asked for healing, only to lapse into anger at her inability to do so. Toothpick still couldn’t wrap her head around the apparent fearlessness of the rats around camp; it stemmed from their kinship with Gray, but as far as the skinny thirty-something was concerned, they were cursed with a plague of rodents. Ma, bless her heart, passed off her confusion as not being “up with what kids these days are into,” but every now and again a comment would slip, and Gray would be reminded for a moment of how alone she was – not in body, but perhaps in spirit.

The Hanged Man kept watching her and grinning, as if daring her to do something. What, Gray couldn’t fathom (or perhaps simply she didn’t want to), but it bothered her. She turned the Hanged Man toward the ground, leaving the orderly, patterned back of the card up, and burrowed further into the sleeping bag. The world you live in doesn’t want you…

~???~

It was a summer night: laughter fell softly, the orange sky above was using the crisp river below as its faithful mirror. There was a pleasant fragrance in the air; orchid? vanilla? The young man couldn't quite decide as he strolled breezily along the path, arm-in-arm with an elegant, brown-haired lady at his side.

"Mmm," He began, still looking ahead. "I do love that fragrance."

"Likewise," His lady-friend replied easily. "The Jadewall pollution is always nice this time of year."

A moment of silence passed before the two doubled over, cackling and grabbing for support. They soon enough found themselves leaning lazily on a railing that overlooked the river and the rest of the park.

"Has Silvervain always looked this cerulean?" The young man asked nobody in particular, looking deeply into the water- or perhaps his own reflection? It was impossible to tell.

"I know what you mean." The lady replied wistfully. She turned to look at her partner in his eyes, grasping his hand and interlocking fingers.

"We'll have to bring Lyra here every summer once she's born. Promise?"

Wordlessly, the young man pulled his lover into a tight embrace. It seemed the answer, at least to the two of them on this soft midsummer's eve, was crystal clear.

No. No. No No No No No No No No No No No No No No -
why?

Orpheus' world began spinning after the words "born from Chaos" had left Electra's mouth. Every utterance of hers after that may as well have fallen on deaf ears, though thanks to his elevated hearing, he could never choose what to hear and what to ignore.

"...and are they wrong?" He replied, breaking down. "Are they wrong, Electra? Y-You say we're... Remnants of Chaos? That these dark gifts- curses.... come from THAT?!"

He raised his head to Electra in exclamation, though his anger was paltry compared to the inconceivable amount of anguish and suffering present on his face.

In rage, he slammed his fists into the ground, creating a small crater of decayed wood in the floors before he withdrew his hands to his sides, sobbing quietly.

"...let them come..." He whispered. "...let them come and put us out of our misery. Please."

All the agony he'd been running away from had finally caught up to him. Electra had simply confirmed what he already knew deep down;
that he was cursed from birth.

DevVoid

Without another word, without hesitation, the doors to the Cafeteria closed slightly as Malphas disappeared behind them - quite literally, as his figure burst into a cloud of smoke and quickly flew onwards to one of the spots he figured to look first - the Library. As his body re-formed into its physical form, his four crow companions had already been flying over to rest on his shoulders once more.

As soon as his eyes could gaze upon the library doors and his hand moved to open them, his sight was already greeted with the Green Sage standing ahead of him. Good, so his intuition was correct. For how long he's worked here, he's managed to figure out where the Sages would usually would spend their time at. He did need to know the academy in and out after all, so learning people's schedules just came naturally.

" Ah, what perfect timing that I happen upon you, Green. The other Sages are calling for a meeting at the garden's gazebo. Shall we? "

"Luckily this particular rabbit doesn't bite then. But he does have a strong kick." Luna patted Blitz's shoulder before continuing. "Besides, I'm more worried about facing Wood and fellow Earth types than anyone. The animal is only secondary to me. Though it does help if my opponent happens to be a prey animal."

Electra shrunk back a little. She had suspected Orpheus would take the news hard. She had more or less the same reaction once when she learned the truth, when it had exposed itself to her, revealing the sages lies. Still, this was different...painful somehow, to be the one on the outside looking in.

She gingerly touched the young man's shoulders.

"Orpheus."

She realized the young man had not told her his name. It just came to her, like it was something she had known all along.

"Orpheus, listen to me," she said, looking straight at him. "I know what you're feeling. It's scary. It sucks. It makes you want to curl up in a hole in die."

That last comment made her think of the rat girl. Electra wondered briefly whether the child would accept her invitation.

"But all is not hopeless. If there is one thing I have learned from surviving demons and primordial monsters, it is that curses can be broken."

She released her grip, wanting to bring Orpheus to his senses. Not create further anguish.

"The sages at the Academy wanted to separate the Remnants, fearing they would unleash Chaos onto the world. I think--I believe that their is a way to release this chaotic energy so that it doesn't have to hurt us or anyone else ever again."

It was a risky plan. It involved time and manpower she didn't have, but with help, it was just barely possible.

"I've learned to accept who I am. What I am. But you," she told Orpheus. "You don't have to. You could be free."

~Academy Library~

You might expect Green Sage to be surprised that Malphas showed up so quickly. However, the sage was accustomed to the ways of the Risen janitor, whom they had known for many, many years.

"A meeting?" Green Sage remarked with mild curiosity. "What about?"

They suspected Malphas was about to answer when they put their hand up.

"Never mind. I suppose they'll tell me when I get there anyway."

~Academy Rock Garden~

The sage followed Malphas to the rock garden. It was a marvelous spot, complete with sand, bonsai trees, and a koi pond. The gazebo stood proudly at the center. Three of the five sages were already there. Like the other mentors at the Academy, they wore clothing of a single color. The one on the left, sitting rather erect was clothed in deep scarlet hues. Their uniform was clean and pressed with the utmost neatness. Likewise their face was rigid and composed. It was as if any part of this figure's body refused to be disorderly. On the opposite side, sat a figure wearing an all white robe. Like their colleague, this figure had excellent posture. However, their body did not appear quite as stiff as the one in red. Between them sat an individual clad in yellow, their body slightly slouched and off kilter. They did not seemed at all considered by the tomato sauce stain located in the upper left part of their shirt.

"Brethren." Green Sage greeted, bowing his head upon entering the Gazebo. Not that the ceiling wasn't high enough. On the contrary, it could fit a demon as tall as Silas. The entry way, however, was rather low.

Taking a seat by Red Sage, Green Sage asked the question on everyone else's mind.

"What do you suppose we are all doing here?"

Meanwhile, Black Sage stood at the cafeteria door, turning to see if Silas would leave with them.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Silas had been wrapped in thought before noticing Black Sage and Malphas had started to leave and he hastily followed suit, "ah yes I'm coming, just wrapped in my own mind for a few minutes there" he stated as he started to walk, "I will meet you at the rock garden, black Sage, I just want to make a detour to the training ground to make sure any students there remember to come and eat something" he added before making his way to the training grounds to find Luna, Seraph and Blitz "Hey you guys, food is ready in the cafeteria, I've got a meeting to go to, so just make sure you go eat something, cause I know some of you will forget" he said before turning away and heading to the rock garden, arriving there in short time, ducking through the entrance way and taking a seat.

Hope is an interesting thing. Some define it as 'a feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen'. Others, would simply call it 'a feeling of trust'.

What they fail to inform you concerning hope is that it becomes a herculean task to put it back together once destroyed- again, and again, and again and again. Enough times, and one can easily grow disillusioned.

Though Electra must have known this better than anybody, her hope was more than intact. It was sufficient enough to make Orpheus want to pick up the broken pieces of his own.

But how could she? Orpheus had heard her story first hand, and knew that she had been betrayed, thrown out, and discarded several times. Why was she still fighting?

Why would he still fight? They were, and quite literally I might add, the reincarnations of darkness itself. How could cursed beings such as them even begin to grasp something like hope?

All these questions and more, Orpheus couldn't answer. The only thing he knew was this; maybe, just maybe, Electra was the hope he had been striving for, surviving for, suffering for all this time. As much as he begged for the sweet embrace of death, it eluded him.

And perhaps this was why.

"...free?" He echoed, before releasing a dry chuckle.

"My freedom died the day I was born." He murmured, before rising up slowly, resting his hands on his knees in contemplation.

"Though it's strange...your words remind me of hers." He remarked, his eyes distant and wistful. "Strong and challenging, yet brimming with compassion."

He paused before continuing, seemingly lost in reverie, in another place and time much happier than present.

"This...curse took everything I ever loved away from me. A phantom like me has no life left to give. Yet, if this blighted bag of bones can help prevent history from repeating itself, then so be it. Our path is clear."

He held out his hand, hesitating at first before fully extending it.

"You may call me Orpheus, though it seemed you knew that already. I'm at your command."

~Academy Training Area~

"Thanks, Silas!" Seraph shouted before the Risen took off. His concern was appreciated. Although, on her part, Seraph doubted she ever forgot a meal. Whatever powers came from connecting with her spirit animal, being able to survive on reptilianly small portions was not one of them.

Seraph turned to Blitz and Luna.

"Should we break for lunch?"

~Academy Rock Garden~

The last of the sages, Black Sage, arrived at the gazebo just mere moments before Silas.

"Excellent," Yellow Sage piped up. "Now that we are all here, perhaps Black Sage, can elaborate on what was so important that I was forced to cancel class."

"Thank you all for coming," Black Sage said, ignoring Yellow Sage's remark. "I asked you all here, because I received a tip on recent chaotic activity."

There was a brief moment of silence.

"From whom?" Red Sage asked.

"One of the students, but that's not important." Black Sage was hoping to keep Seraph and Blitz's names out of this.

"What concerns me is the type of chaotic activity. This student informed me that he or she heard voices calling out to them. I do not believe this student was the intended target, but these voices she/he heard concern me."

"Has this happened before?" Greek Sage inquired, intent on learning everything.

"Not to my knowledge," replied Black Sage. "The student said that these voices were subtle and whispery, almost like music."

The sages exchanged grave expressions.

"Sounds almost...snakelike," Red Sage said knowingly. "I don't suppose this anonymous student would happen to be Miss Seraph."

Black Sage hesitated. They didn't want to implicate anyone just yet, but they swore an oath never to keep secrets from their colleagues. They gave a nod.

"Was anyone else there when this happened?" Green Sage asked.

"One other," Black Sage said, but they realized this explanation would not satisfy the other sages. "A Year of the Rabbit known as Blitz."

"Is there a chance that either of them may be Remnants?"

"No."

"You are certain?"

Black Sage looked straight at Green. As a matter of fact, they were not certain. They had never witnessed chaotic tendencies from neither Seraph nor Blitz. Still, there was always a chance, no matter how slight.

"I gave my answer," Black told Green. "At any rate, we know of only one who is."

The majority of the assembly nodded. Electra was the only Wild Marked who could have done it. As a student, Electra was fascinated--some might say obsessed--with the forbidden arts: spells, curses, all things that the sages of the academy liked to discourage. If Electra was trying to summon an army, it would spell disaster for the academy.

Electra gave a curt nod. She did not inquire what Orpheus meant by her. Judging by the young man's behavior, it was likely someone very special to him. At any rate, it was best not to pry when it came to affairs of the heart.

"We must act quickly," Electra told Orpheus. "I attempted to recruit one other to join us in our cause. She too is a Remnant, however, I sense it will be difficult to gain her trust. Like you and I, she has been through Hell and then some. I gave her an invitation."

Electra pulled a card out from her breast pocket. This one was known as the Fool. It symbolized innocence, new beginnings, and a free spirit. However, it's reversed meaning alluded to recklessness, taking advantage of something or someone, and inconsideration.

=Nightshade=

Gray couldn’t sleep. The snake-lady’s words, and the ring of honesty that had been in them, kept ricocheting in her head. She muttered a curse, then turned over on the hard ground.

The girl was in that odd middle ground where the mind wandered fuzzily through the subconscious— at first, she thought the voices were part of a dream.

“Not here.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah, plus she only takes clients in discrete locations—”

Gray startled upright at the sound of a fist’s impact. That hadn’t been in her head, surely. The first voice — one she recognized as Shadow’s, now — whined, “Hey, man! Totally not cool. I said she ain’t here—”

“Shut it, squirt.” This voice Gray didn’t recognize, but it had the rough-hewn ferocity of someone used to throwing their weight around. “Witch doctor, little bitch doctor, this kid’s a shitty liar.”

Gray’s eyes narrowed, and she emerged from the old tent. “Maybe so, but he’s right. You know about me, so you listen to rumors— isn’t it common word of mouth that I’m not partial to house calls?” She finally had a good look at the guy; he didn’t look sick, so he had probably come on someone else’s behalf. But he didn’t really look the type to be gracious, with his towering stature and tapestry of tattoos. The man took a step forward, grinning, but before he said a word, Gray turned her back. “Leave. Considering you punched my sibling-equivalent, I’m not feeling very helpful right now.”

Gray’s voice was cold but diplomatic, a persona built out of necessity. Kindness to the wrong people was weakness, but inflammatory comments could be equally damaging. The fear brought on by mystery kept her safe, which is why Gray kept her business to the alleys and out of camp. The heart was the worst thing to expose, and her heart was here.

This time, though, the cool strength Gray had projected into her words did not seem to have the intended effect. The tattooed man grabbed her shoulder and spun her to face him with almost no effort. “Listen here, you little shit,” he growled. “My brother is rotting in a hospital bed and I heard you’ve got some magic fucking powers. I’m out of options, so you’re gonna help me.”

“Hands off,” Gray ordered darkly, but before the man could respond, Shadow had leaped onto his back and begun to punch and kick with skinny limbs in her defense. The man let go and roared in frustration, before reaching behind him and grabbing Shadow by the collar. Gray took a half-step, arm outstretched. “No, don’t—!”

The man tore the dark-haired boy from his back and threw him against a tree, where he crumpled to the ground and lay still. “Stupid brat.”

The next second, the rats were on him.

It was as if the rodents were as one, flooding from hidey-holes in cracked walls and burrows stolen from other wildlife to form one great tide that swarmed over the tattooed man. He grunted in surprise as he flung several of them away from him, but after a few moments, he lost his balance. The rats clawed and bit at him, each greedily stripping a piece of flesh for itself as the man writhed and screamed.

It was to the eerie silence left behind that Gray truly awoke, gasping for breath. The Hanged Man lay beside her, face up again somehow, grinning like it had seen the whole dream. As if it knew the rock-solid fear rooted deep in her. The fear of others, and the fear of self. Sleep was no refuge, but it had given her clarity.

I can’t stay here.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Silas listened to the sage talk, a look of worry on his face, he fidgeted in his seat slightly, the damn thing wasn't quite big enough to be considered comfortable but he managed well enough. Eventually he deemed it would be simpler to stand, which he did so while also taking the opportunity to speak, "I still have many contacts in town and a few favors owed to me, I could certainly have some people keep an eye or an ear out for word on Electra" he stated simply, he remembered Electra from her time at the academy. She had often showed interest in any stories he had from before he became a Risen, stories he would often try not to tell, unless his tongue had been loosed by drink or fatigue. He stood thoughtfully for a moment then turned his gaze back to the sages, awaiting their thoughts on the matter.

His head turned to see Seraph laughing and smiling, Blitz feeling himself being filled with relief and joy upon seeing her reaction. The Rabbit year continued to converse with Luna, shrugging as he admitted. “Yeah, you kinda got me beat both elementally and in terms of our animals … buuut-“

There was a catch of course, a bit but. Blitz’s legs lit up in an orange, propelling him forwards in a flash. He shot to the other side of the courtyard only to turn and travel back to their side. The distance was cleared in an instant, Blitz skidding to a halt as a faint trail of smoke travelled from his feet. “My power is far better than yours” It was no secret that Blitz adored and revelled in his speed, using it plenty to the point of almost abuse.

Before he could attempt to show off more Silas had informed them of the food that awaited them in the cafeteria, Blitz nodding in his direction and also giving a shout of thanks. His power did have the side affect of giving him a voracious appetite, so typically he was the first to start wolfing down food and today wouldn’t be any different.

“Definitely!” He responded to Seraph with enthusiasm and in a few quick steps he was beside her. In a swift movement he picked her up, scooping her up into his arms bridal style as he winked over to Luna-“Catch your there slowpoke!” and zoomed away with Seraph.

For Seraph the world would be a blur, air blasting into her face as she was carried in a way where she wouldn’t be injured from the force of travelling that fast. She would be able to discern places; The outside, the halls and the cafeteria but it all bled together until they stopped, Blitz setting her down gently and quickly checking her features. “Sorry- surprise! Figured it’d be best to get you used to that just in case i ever have to do so in the future” His gaze was attentive, brows mildly furrowed in concentration as he scanned for any negative side affects. None.

His features softened and relaxed, Blitz surveying the food before them with hungry eyes.

~Academy Rock Garden, Gazebo~

Black Sage acknowledged Silas with a nod. At this rate, they could use all the contacts they could get.

"That is much appreciated," they said. "Thank you."

White Sage, who had been silent up until now, appeared to be grumbling to themselves.

"Is something wrong?" Black Sage ventured.

"I was just thinking about how all of this could have been avoided if you had taken my advice years ago."

Black Sages fingers went cold. "You" not "we". "That's hitting below the belt, White."

"We all knew what she was from the beginning," White Sage snapped, presumably referring to Electra. "But you--you thought you could fix her."

Black Sage fought hard to keep their composure. "From what I remember, we all thought we could help Electra."

They looked to Green Sage in particular. In the past, Green Sage had voiced their support of the original plan, to seek out the Remnants and teach them control, if not find a cure for their condition. But now, Green Sage was uncharacteristically quite. They did not even meet Black Sage's eyes.

"None of that matters now," White Sage dismissed. "What matters is tracking Electra down before anyone gets hurt. Silas, contact everyone you know. Malphas, I hope those birds of yours can give us eyes in the sky. Red Sage---"

Black Sage was no longer listening. They were thinking about the first time Electra confronted them about being a Remnant, and the true story behind the Fall of Chaos.

What then? Black Sage thought. If we find Electra, will I be forced to live that disaster all over again.

~Academy Cafeteria~

Seraph tried to think of a clever tease, like something Luna would say, but she couldn't think of anything. She was still grinning from the rush. She had been startled at first when Blitz picked her up, but once they got up to speed it was exhilarating. Seraph could understand why Blitz loved his super speed so much.

"Just be glad Luna didn't have a camera," Seraph joked. "Think of the rumors that picture would start."

Actually, she might not mind. They were supposed to be training after all. All future pondering of what situations would involve Blitz carrying her were put on hold the moment Seraph saw the food. That Silas was a genius when it came to cuisine.

"All right! Let's dig in."

Luna would be along, probably. It wasn't really starting without her if they had raced to get here, right?

"Showoff." Luna shook her head side to side at Blitz's demonstration before Silas came and told them that there was food in the cafeteria. While Blitz ran off with Seraph in his arms, calling Luna a "Slowpoke" while he was at it, the tigress dropped to all fours and took off after them.
While she ran, Luna's inner animal woke up, and realizing that they were going to get food decided to help its host. As she ran after Blitz, Luna's body changed to an unusually large White Tiger with saber teeth and obsidian claws. While she was certainly not a match for Blitz's speed, Luna was stubborn enough to not give up as she ran after him, her newly acquired weight shaking the building as she went. Luna didn't even realize that she was a tigress at this point, or that the only reason they were working together like this was their common goal of getting food.
When she arrived, the first thing she did was find and start eating an entire steak while still in beast form. She and her inner tiger had to agree that the meat was delicious. It was progress, of a sort. Nevermind the fact that Blitz and Seraph were already there, she just continued eating, while purring in a more gutteral tone.

DevVoid

Malphas had been quiet the entire time, tending to his four crows while everyone was talking, listening in all the same while it looked like his attention was diverted elsewhere. Then, the important issue that prompted everyone to gather was brought up, and his left brow was raised in intrigue. A former student, potentially revealed to be a remnant? Now that's not something that you hear about every day. And their potential antics being targeted at one of their students? Why, that could not mean anything good if the current retelling is anything to go by.

The name calling of who might be behind this mess has got the Risen thinking. Electra, Electra.. he loosely remembered such a student existing. Memories came rushing in as he started to remember bit by bit. Granted, there wasn't much to remember given he never taught any classes to begin with, so all that he knew was only from keeping an open ear and eye during his working hours. Still, he did remember that particular student being.. not quite the right fit in the academy. While Malphas himself did not quite care for what one wished to pursue in the name of knowledge, given his stance on enthusiastic learning always being a thing to encourage at proper moderation, he sure knew the Sages were quite the opposite of such a view.

Then again, out of all the people in the Academy, he'd likely be the last one to even try to call out anyone about learning any sort of forbidden or dark techniques, even if he wasn't one to do so in the first place. Hell, he was practically a walking omen of disaster, if the reputation of crows, fire and being a literal demon had anything to say about it. Albeit, he was at least one of the good ones, so there's that.

Then, it came to the question of whether or not his flock could tend to keeping an eye on the skies for the former student in question. First things, he didn't exactly know- or at least remembered many details about this girl. For him, students just came and went, with his janitorial position never really requiring to archive every single bit of information about all who have been trained here. Granted though, this search was a very easy thing to accomplish, but it would take a majority of the crows to become proper effective scouting parties, and bunching them together wasn't exactly an option as that would make it too obvious. For the latter, he could simply spread out the party into small groups. As for the former, however..

" So, remind me. This 'Electra' girl. Are there any significant details or other such features that stand out about her that I should let my flock know to keep a watchful eye out for? The more I can tell them, the better. "

Last edited:
"Rumors smumors" Blitz couldn't think of a clever remark to return to Seraph either, the alluring smell of the fresh food melting his senses and mind. As per usual Silas had prepared a cacophony of dishes for the students to feast on, Blitz quickly honing in on his favourites which mostly consisted of Japanese and Chinese dishes. Sushi and spring rolls were dropped in an already packed bowl of chicken ramen. After acquiring a pair of chopsticks he began to rip into the rich dish, wolfing down the broth laden food with a satisfied smile spread over his face.

He was so engrossed in his food that he almost didn't notice the White Tiger that slunk into the cafeteria and towards the steak, stiffening up as the big cat settled in beside them and dug into the steak. The purring caught his attention, Blitz slurping up a slither of noodle as he watched somewhat cautiously. "As scary as this is ... there is somewhat of a temptation to pet the kitty" Blitz slid a jest and a playful glance at Seraph for a moment.

Truthfully he was quite impressed at the control that was currently being exercised by Luna, continuing to eat whilst keeping a watchful gaze on the feline.

~Academy Rock Garden, Gazebo~

It was Green Sage who responded to Malphas's question.

"Slender. Black hair. Grey eyes. As pale as a vampire. As ageless as a siren."

Just like that. No elaboration. No commas. No emotion. Green Sage could recall the face of every person they had come across in their long life. That said, their descriptions were often basic.

"Just have them look for any woman over the age of forty who hangs around with snakes."

~Academy Cafeteria~

Seraph giggled.

"I know," she whispered to Blitz. "I want to throw her a ball of yard so bad. Silas would probably be very upset though."

Temptation aside, she was curious how Luna was able to purr when tigers were supposed to be incapable of purring. Maybe she was just "growling friendly-like" like that old joke her father told her about the lion in her children's book.

...And the lion purred happily, grateful that the young man removed the thorn from his paw.

But Daddy, how could a lion purr?

Okay. He was growling friendly-like.

Seraph sighed a little. She really missed her father.

Sooeun walked along one of the many hallways of the Jadewall Academy. Her hair wet and the majority of her clothes after working some chores outside in the rain. The tall woman let out a sigh and hung her head low though. As much as she tried to dodge her training, she knew that the Black Sage would probably come and discipline her once again. She knew she needed to learn how to channel her Spirit Zodiac, but it was just so... wild and unpredictable. Still, she disliked being reprimanded by one of the Sages. She'll get to it after grabbing something to eat.

Sooeun headed towards the cafeteria, quietly walking as she ruminated over her thoughts that troubled her. She perked up though as she heard talking come over from there. More than one voice for sure, yet she couldn't tell who it was exactly. She ran her fingers through her wet bangs, trying to squeeze some of the excess water out of her hair and then trying to comb the hair back down as she entered the canteen. It was Seraph, Blitz and Luna there, grouped together and chatting.

Sooeun gave the group a little wave, something she did to any familiar face she walked past in the Academy. The muscular woman walked into the kitchen to grab the dish of the day cooked by the kind Risen, Mr. Silas. He was nowhere to be seen though, but Sooeun just made a mental note to thank him later when she saw her then. Turning back to the diner area, the dark haired woman sat down at a different end from table where the students born on the year of the Tiger, Serpent and Rabbit sat at, yet Sooeun, didn't sit all that far away from them either as she started to eat some Kung Pao chicken and rice.

DevVoid

Ah, that's right. As Green Sage explained just what he was meant to look out for, Malphas was starting to put back together the memory of the ex-student's appearance. They all had their unique looks, and that Electra was no exception to such rule. But one detail that especially stood out to him was the one mentioned as the very last. A woman who hangs around near snakes? Why, given how Corvids were the natural predator of such creatures, this would be an easy find, Malphas reckoned. With a bow, he gracefully motioned an exit to the Sages and Silas.

" Thank you very much, this will come in helpful. Now, if you will excuse me, I will have to take a temporary leave. After all, it would be most effective if I were to join my flock in this search. All of my previous duties have already been accomplished so if my assistance is required, hand a note to my crows here. You'll know where to find them. "

Then, the Risen exited the gazebo as he peered around to the masses of crows, ravens and alike sitting all around himself, the four on his shoulders dispersing to his different stations around the Academy. With his special language, he begun talking to these avians as if it were a native language. His tongue clicked, simulating a beak snapping together. His lips moved, forming incomprehensive croaking and cawing sounds.

All of these became one as he spoke in tongues understandable only to the winged beasts around him. And then, his body shrunk and disfigured itself, forming back into his raven-like form, clearly bigger in size and darker in plumage than the rest, pale, white yet non-glowing eyes being the most prominent abnormality. His wings sprouted forward as he took the lead of the flock, the horde of corvids ascending into the skies and started to spread all about the surrounding lands to begin their seeking duty.

~Academy Cafeteria~

Seraph briefly acknowledged Sooeun as she entered the room. Unlike Blitz and Luna, she was one of the students Sooeun knew little about.

"Hey, does anyone else have Elements with Green Sage this afternoon?"

Seraph posed the question to anyone who was listening.

"I few of the older students, well, not really older, more experienced I guess, were saying there was going to be some kind of test. Anything I should be worried about? They didn't tell us to study or anything. They just said: 'I will review your progress in due time'."

Seraph wasn't too good at mimicking Green Sages voice. Like most of the sages, it was hard to tell what gender Green Sage was, mostly due to the fact that their robe and hood concealed their hands and most of their face. Like most of the students, Seraph adopted the habit of referring to all of the sages as 'them' regardless of whether their voice sounded feminine, masculine, or somewhere in between.

Seraph suspected that Green was more masculine, which would explain why her impersonation of them was too high pitched. Still, without a program it was hard to tell.

Having finished the steak, the Tigress that is Luna licked her chops before stretching her mouth in a great yawn. She then turned to Seraph and spoke in a deeper voice than usual. "I'm pretty sure I do. As far as tests go, this is the first time I've heard of it."
Luna began absentmindedly licking her paws, still not entirely aware of her current state. While she could feel that something was off, she just couldn't put her finger on what it was.

Blitz snickered at Seraph's suggestion, picturing the giant tigress recklessly chasing the ball through the cafeteria and upturning any furniture that crossed its path. Silas would definitely be upset. "Oh you should've been here for the food fight a few years back, he was fuming" The memory was a pleasant one, the culinary warfare definitely being worth the scalding they'd received afterwards.

He noticed a past participant of the food fight enter the cafeteria, Blitz giving a singular wide wave to Sooeun as she went about getting her food. The rabbit year student was on good terms with horse year. Whilst they shared neither animal or element they did some similar powers which meant they were often paired when training, pushing each other's speed to its limits and beyond.

Seraph's mention of a test caught his ear though, Blitz's attention on her as he idly held a spring roll between a pair of chopsticks and grinned a little at the impression of Green sage. "Same here- Lil' advice, trying to figure out the tests beforehand doooesn't really work out" He spoke after Luna, taking a moment to realise that she was still in her Tiger form. "They figure out you're in the loop and then switch up the whole gam- Wait Luna you're still-"

He cut himself off, giving the tigress a quick glance before transforming himself. His form shrunk in on itself, clothes disappearing as reddish fur grew in it's place. A rabbit stood where Blitz once sat, furiously squeaking away as it attempting to speak but failed. Blitz reappeared in a burst of embers, the transformation back being more instant and fiery. "Jeez I'm lagging behind- Any impressive new growths on your end Soeeun?"

Sooeun couldn't help but overhear the conversation going on in the other table. The student she was best acquainted with was Blitz, but the other two, she knew their names only pretty much. Well, Luna she knew a little more, but not by much. Then the year of the Rabbit boy reminded her of the food grand food fight a couple years back. Sooeun felt so bad for the mess that the other students created, despite her not participating in flinging the food at all. She tried to even deescalate the situation, but she wasn't listened to at all. She did stay to help clean up the mess though.

Still, Sooeun's mind quickly changed to what Seraph said. She was going to be having Elements with the Green Sage later in the afternoon.. And now a test? This was the first time she heard anything like that. Great, but Blitz was right. There was no use in specifically trying to prepare for a test.

"I also have Elements in the afternoon," Sooeun said, turning to the three students, "Agreed with Blitz. It is more so to see how you've improved, not so much a test you could study for," the young woman spoke, before taking another bite of food. Curiously, Blitz turned into his rabbit form before transforming back into his human form in a flurry of small flames. Contrary to both Luna and Blitz, her Zodiac animal instead came forth as a spirit. Sooeun had managed to summon it only a handful of times, but each time it did not go well at all. The Water horse she summoned was wild and untamed, not listening at all to Sooeun and wrecking havoc akin to a furious storm.

Every time she tapped more into her Zodiac powers on a larger scale, they were brutish and unrefined. One big force that she felt she had little to no control over.

"Well.. I suppose I have made some improvements," she then said, awkwardly rubbing her shoulder. She wasn't wrong. She had learned some things by tapping into her Zodiac abilities to enhance her action, but she still had ways to go to learn to control them.

Last edited:
~Academy Cafeteria~

Seraph tried and failed not to grin at Luna.

"Kind of. Yeah."

She didn't know what was funnier the fact that Luna purred as a tiger or the fact that she had been oblivious this whole time.

"You look good though," Seraph said in earnest. "Besides, you said you wanted to control your tiger form right? I'd say you nailed it."

Seraph wanted to comment on Blitz's rabbit transformation, but couldn't think of a remark that did not involve a terrible pun.

Electra dawned her coat and draped her pet snake across her shoulders. She had won Orpheus's trust, if not his loyalty. Now she needed it put to the test.

"Gerrik!"

The demonic ogre dragged his feet into the hall.

"Guard the fort," Electra told him. "Orpheus and I are going out."

She grabbed a suitcase and turned to the ashen-handed Remnant.

"There's a young girl, Gray I think her name was, who lives in an alley not far from here."

Electra gripped the handle of her suitcase tight.

"I'm hoping you can help me convince her to join us, but first," she swung the suitcase over her shoulder. "I need to expose a demon in her midst."

"Very well," Orpheus replied, ready to depart. "Lead the way."

It seemed their objective now was to add another Remnant to their contingent, a fellow street-dweller if their supposed lodgings were anything to go by. Almost on cue, his memory flashed to the shadowed figure he'd witnessed running across rooftops prior, heading towards the Dregs. Everything seemed to fall into place.

It made sense that Electra wouldn't just be looking for Orpheus. If she was as pressed for time as he was made to believe, then she'd naturally want to gather as many Remnants as possible.

He was slightly suspicious that two of them, him included, happened to be so nearby; however, given that they were all reincarnations of Chaos, it would be stranger if they weren't eventually led to one another by some thread of fate.

Though he once delighted in his eloquence, Orpheus rarely had the occasion to make any use of what remained of it. On the streets of Jadewall, actions are what hold any weight, and Gray was likely to be aware of this fact all too well. He only hoped she wasn't too far gone to listen to reason.

As he crept quietly behind Electra, his mind raced with anticipation.

Whatever demon is supposedly in her midst, he had the intention of going with strictly diplomatic intentions. These people were already struggling to secure their basic needs.

The last thing they'd need is a fresh pile of dust and another empty tent.

"That's good!" Just as awkwardly he tried to push out a positive response, Blitz not wanting Sooeun to feel bad about her progress in anyway. He had such a laid back approach to training now, his drive had wilted somewhat over the past couple years and his attitude had become lax. There was no stress or disappointment because there was no goal other than self betterment or time limit that he knew anyways. The Sage's wouldn't tell him- or any of them.

That didn't mean everyone else had that approach, he tried to respect that but it some cases it'd slip his mind- such as now. He was somewhat familiar with her struggles. If he remembered correctly her spirit animal was restless, unable to be controlled. Blitz pushed his bowl over to the centre of the table, slipping into his rabbit form again and disappearing from his chair. A few light steps were audible before Blitz reappeared in a sizzle of embers again, reaching out to his bowl and dragging it across the table towards him.

"Maybe we should call an American or somethin ay? Get some cowboys to help wrangle that wild spirit of yours" He grabbed some imaginary reigns, miming the riding of a horse before rearming himself with chopsticks. "You'll get the hang of it aight, got all the time in the world Sooeun" The earlier incident with Seraph seemed to of slipped his mind. In truth he trusted the Sages. As much as they irritated him in certain aspects he knew they'd keep them safe. Their manner of doing so was keeping information from them and dealing with issues themselves but that worked.

Sooeun smiled at Blitz, seemingly brightening up a little. At least his jokes made light of the situation at least, which Sooeun greatly appreciated. Still, no one but her could control the unpredictable and fierce power of hers. Well, Blitz' jokes were fun, with Sooeun chuckling slightly about calling for cowboys to help her out.

"I don't know about all the time in the world, but thank you," the tall woman said, rubbing her arm again as her gaze bounced to the other side of the cafeteria. Black Sage and some of the other Sages scolded her for procrastinating or even evading her individual training with her powers, gave her the sense that there was some urgency. Well, the Sages had a point in that if they ever had to use their powers in a serious scenario and her not having hers under control was a huge liability and risk.. That's at least what Sooeun thought. Yes, they were training to learn to control the powers gifted by the Wild Mark, but some of the classes like "Fusion moves", even Self-Defense seemed to hint at something more... But the Sages have not told them anything, so this was only Sooeun's own speculation.

The dark haired woman turned to Luna who suggested that she could help her in training. It was a kind offer, but Sooeun was hesitant, "I appreciate the offer. I'll... think about it," she said lastly, not wanting to completely turn away Luna's proposal. She was a couple years her senior and seemed to have a better grasp of her inner beast. Not just a better grasp, but she seemed to unknowingly slip into her tiger form just moments ago and now turning back. On the inside Sooeun couldn't help but feel a little baffled.
Not wanting to exclude Seraph from the conversation, Sooeun turned to the other girl, "How about you? If I'm not mistaken, you came to Jadewall but a month ago? You're Seraph, right?" she asked, a little curious to learn about the newcomer.