• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Why is my charizard being out sped??

Hello everyone this is my first joining this site & posting outside the trainer card thread.Okay a couple of days ago i bought pokemon x online,started new game,& had a great time playing but as i got to the elite 4 (with a few troubles from victory road)my charizard who was ev trained in attack & speed when i got him was being out sped even though he's the highest leveled (Lv.85) & fastest pokemon on my team even when he's mega evolved.
Here's what to know about him
Charizard @ Charizardite X
Nature: Jolly
Ability:Blaze
EVs (i don't know his ev points but his attack & speed are high)

- Dragon tail
- Flare Blitz
- Power-Up Punch
- Sky Drop
Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
In a situation like this it's probably best to figure out what your Charizard's exact stats are at level 50 via a battle. Either local wireless, online, or the Battle Maison would be fine as long as you're forced to level 50. :)

It does seem unusual that a Pokemon that high-leveled would be getting outsped though, especially when you're not actually battling competitive players who could be utilizing Choice Scarf...

In a situation like this it's probably best to figure out what your Charizard's exact stats are at level 50 via a battle. Either local wireless, online, or the Battle Maison would be fine as long as you're forced to level 50. :)
Well i'll give it a try thanks for the info.:D

It does seem unusual that a Pokemon that high-leveled would be getting outsped though, especially when you're not actually battling competitive players who could be utilizing Choice Scarf...
You think it could be a glitch in the game or something?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
You think it could be a glitch in the game or something?

I've never heard of such a glitch before but, yar, anything is possible. It would've made more sense if your Charizard was holding a Macho Brace or one of the Power items but it's clearly not. All you can do is rule out every other possibility first and hope that it's just some oddity. :x

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Considering such a glitch doesn't exist in the game, there's only one thing that could be causing this:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Nature: Jolly
Ability:Blaze
EVs (i don't know his ev points but his attack & speed are high)

- Dragon tail
- Flare Blitz
- Power-Up Punch
- Sky Drop

This move always goes last regardless of speed.

Yes. Every single move in the game that forces the opponent's Pokemon to switch out will make the user go last that turn, unless the opponent also uses a move with the same effect.
Well thanks for helping me out figuring out that mess Smug World Order much appreciated but one more thing how do i know my pokemon ev's?