1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is my charizard being out sped??

Discussion in 'Pokémon Games Discussion' started by Hidetora Chishu, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Hello everyone this is my first joining this site & posting outside the trainer card thread.Okay a couple of days ago i bought pokemon x online,started new game,& had a great time playing but as i got to the elite 4 (with a few troubles from victory road)my charizard who was ev trained in attack & speed when i got him was being out sped even though he's the highest leveled (Lv.85) & fastest pokemon on my team even when he's mega evolved.
    Here's what to know about him
    Charizard @ Charizardite X
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability:Blaze
    EVs (i don't know his ev points but his attack & speed are high)

- Dragon tail
    - Flare Blitz
    - Power-Up Punch
    - Sky Drop
    Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

2. well in which part of the elite four is your charizard being out sped cuz im not sure of any fast pokemon that they have

3. Pretty much everyone & even in some rare moments my lowered level (lv.40-50's) pokemon even out speeds the pokemon that beated my charizard.;_;

4. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

In a situation like this it's probably best to figure out what your Charizard's exact stats are at level 50 via a battle. Either local wireless, online, or the Battle Maison would be fine as long as you're forced to level 50. :)

It does seem unusual that a Pokemon that high-leveled would be getting outsped though, especially when you're not actually battling competitive players who could be utilizing Choice Scarf...

Hidetora Chishu likes this.
  5. Well i'll give it a try thanks for the info.:D

You think it could be a glitch in the game or something?

6. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

I've never heard of such a glitch before but, yar, anything is possible. It would've made more sense if your Charizard was holding a Macho Brace or one of the Power items but it's clearly not. All you can do is rule out every other possibility first and hope that it's just some oddity. :x

7. KoL

KoL FPS Guy
    Staff Member Moderator

Considering such a glitch doesn't exist in the game, there's only one thing that could be causing this:

This move always goes last regardless of speed.

PurpleTartan and Linkachu like this.
  8. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

I didn't even notice that. This is what I get for posting when I'm tired... XD

9. For reals?

10. KoL

KoL FPS Guy
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes. Every single move in the game that forces the opponent's Pokemon to switch out will make the user go last that turn, unless the opponent also uses a move with the same effect.

11. Well thanks for helping me out figuring out that mess Smug World Order much appreciated but one more thing how do i know my pokemon ev's?