• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which Sun/Moon Starter Will You Choose First?

Which Pokémon do you plan to use for your first Sun/Moon playthrough?

• Total voters
It's hard to choose! I'm still happy with Litten since Incineroar is Fire/Dark, but Decidueye is cool as hell too and I've got to get a male Primarina to confuse the haters.

I'm currently entertaining the idea of getting a Moon cart on release day and using it to trade myself the other two starters since Bank won't connect to SUMO until January. However, that's $$$ and I didn't play through my copy of OR except to launch a Nuzlocke that turned into a bloodbath and that I got bored of. I did play through X and Y fully.

It's also hard to do team planning since, despite the leaks, a lot still isn't known about types and so on. We'll see.

Well, I said before that I'd probably go with Rowlet on my first playthrough, and after seeing its evolutions, I must say that my decision is final. Still 100% choosing Rowlet (and naming it Metta), then going with Litten (with the name of Bill) on my second run. Besides, how could I pass up Decidueye and its Z-Move? >:3