• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What's your heritage?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Subject says all~

On my mother's side, I'm part Welsh (grandfather) and Scottish (grandmother). On my father's side, I'm English (grandmother) and German (grandfather). I could go into more detail, but I'd need to pull out my family ancestry books. :x

We originate from France, I believe. However to more relevant times, my great grandmother was half-russian. Other than that, boring Irish person :V

Oh dear god xD My know heritage is very, VERY widespread and complex due to adoption, so I'll just tell you it bluntly:

I'm part English, American, Greek, Welsh. Greek being the smallest part of my heritage pie.

Legally, I'm all Dutch because both my mom and dad are, but from my mother's side I'm part German and a bit Russian, because my great-great-grea-etc.-grandfather was some Russian fancy person who ran off to Holland with his German lover because having a relationship with a German was unnacteptable. Or something like that.

My Dad's family has lived in Holland since prehistoric times. xD

Well I dunno muucchhhh about my family history, but here's what I do know:

Both of my parents are Scottish. On my mother's side, my grandfather was through-and-through Scottish and my grandmother was English. On my dad's side my grandfather was also completely Scottish and my grandmother's Scottish - but not for long.

My dad's mum's mum (lawl) was Irish. I'm not entirely sure which part of Ireland she came from, but I think it was Northern Ireland. Maybe. Probably.

My mum's mum's family was English for most of the way, but she used to speak of many stories of her ancestry, some of which were true and some of which we don't really have any idea about. There are two that she spoke of which intrigue me; one was about one of her ancestors - from central Europe somewhere - was a maid for a posh family. However, she was very friendly with the master of the house (I mean VERY friendly - you know, wink wink, nudge nudge, rumpy-thumpy, rolling around together, making the sweet scones of love, doing the secks) and ... stuff. She was punished for this and thrown out and stuff, I dunno, it was vague. But it sounded cool at the time.

And the other one - which was as confirmed by a genealogistperson as it ever will be - was ... Spanish pirates. Yeah. Not many of them, mind you, but they were Spanish. They might have said 'arrrrr'. We're pretty sure it was that a Spanish pirate married into the family rather than being there the whole time, but it's cool! And piratey. And Spanish.

I'm mostly Irish, coming from both sides of the family. On my mom's side, I'm additionally English with a tad bit of Dutch; and on my father's side, I'm Scottish with a hint of Cherokee Native American.

Well, I believe my mother's side of the family comes from a mix of Scottish and Native American ancestry, while my Dad's side has more Irish with Native American. However, the Irish genes are more prominent in me.

Let's see, I'm swede all the way. Dad's family is all swedish and so is mom's. I do have some distant realtives in USA (like my grand-grand-grandmother's brothers, yeah that distant).

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I know I'm mainly Hua (largest ethnicity in China), but according to my mom, her great-grandmother was Mongolian. And after they did a blood test on me to test for PKU (some genetically inherited disease that's recessive, but unfortunately my brother got it, but fortunately I don't have the gene at all XD), I'm also apparently part Turkish.

Outside of this, though, I have no idea what else I am.

Ugh, like 16 countries from Europe if I remember correctly (about... 3 or 4 or 5 generations back or something).
Dad's maternal is Welsh, paternal is Dutch.
I think my mom's maternal is is Swedish, or at least by Swedish settlers. My grandma says "Yah" instead of "Yes" apparently, but I haven't paid enough attention. Dunno paternal really.

All eight of my great-grandparents came from different countries, but some were simply American-bred, lived-there-for-generations-but-won't-marry-outside-of-ethnic-group peoples. I have a Spanish great-grandfather for sure, after whom I am named. For the others, I don't know the specifics, but I am also Italian, Hungarian, French, British, Irish, Polish, and Scottish.

Ooooo Sho and Shiny, loving the Cherokee and Turkish sides - never expected that.

Kinda like those who have heard me on Skype would never expect my Burmese roots! Woooo go Burma, baby ^^

My heritage is...African American and I can't be any more specific than that. I have some Native American blood (most likely Cherokee), but it's a small amount. There could be some European blood somewhere but who knows.

Rex

Resident Furry
From what I've been told, my ancestors mainly came from Germany, Ireland, Italy, and Poland. I've also apparently have ancestors from Japan. Beyond that, I don't know.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
From what I know so far, my mother's side is a mix of French, English, Scottish and Irish, with the French and English coming from my grandfather, and the Scottish-Irish coming from my grandmother. My Father's side is Assyrian and Lebanese, with the Assyrian coming from my grandfather and the Lebanese coming from my grandmother.

Well, my family is not Venezuelan in any of the aspects XDD. My father's family came from Portugal, my grandmother speaks kinda Spanish, but she still mixes things.

From my mother's family, they were mostly born here in Venezuela, but my grandmother's grandmother (o God) came from Lebanon. But my grandfather came from Dominican Republic.

Ad well that's where I come from.

As far as I know, my mother's side of the family originates somewhere in Ireland- we visited the area but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

My father's side is Czech/Polish- although the family tree on that side is rather shrouded in mystery. People changed their names a bunch for no apparent reason, there's something to do with a high level Freemason, etc. I may just be queen of the lizard people |D

Well I'm almost 100% Polish so not very exciting lD
My Dad great-grandad's-brother's-family-something-or-other was German but lived in Lithuana and considered themselves Polish xD that's about it.
But I was born in the US instead of Europe sadly :<
At least I get a European passport ;D

My past is a mystery, shrouded in...mystery. I have no birthplace, not parents, no family. I just appeared.
But my blood is filled dominantly with the western European nations, including England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Scandinavian countries, etc etc.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Re: What's your heritage?

I'm an odd mix. My mother's side of the family originates in Bulgaria. My father's side is a mix of Transylvanian and Czechoslovakian. Surprisingly, NOT Northeastern Czechoslovakia. XD

I'm Cherokee-Italian-Turkish-Creole-Dominican with a dash of Japanese.

I wish. I'd get in to any college I ever wanted :'D

I'm mostly of Irish descent on my mom's side, and dad...well, we're not totally sure. English and German seems to be the popular theory, though.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator

I'm almost certainly completely and utterly English, with about 3 centuries of English ancestors documented (on one side of my family, at least). So, er, rather uninteresting really. I guess if you went back far enough you'd find some Vikings or Saxons or some-such.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

My mum's side is completely English, and has been as far back as we know. I'm not overly sure how far back that is, but you get the idea. Dad's side is English, but with some Scottish and Welsh on his Dad's side. That's about as exciting as it gets on my family tree. I'm just a blend of British~ness I guess.

I might try and find a nice foreign man to marry, just to mix it up a bit :V

My grandmother is from Gibraltar, but apart from that, I'm basically from North East England. My mam is from Seaham, which is really close to Sunderland, along with my gradfather.

My dad is from the town of Newton Aycliffe, on the west side of County Durham, which is where I live now, and have lived all my life.

SAFC 4 lyfe biatch. Howay the lads!

German mostly, with lots of Cherokee and Norse heritage, laced with Russian, Irish, and I think a bit of French
That's all I know of, I haven't seen the family tree in ages

Hmm all I know is that every member of my family for the last 10 generations is English. They were all from Barnsley (my hometown) or the surrounding area :/ Seems my family are too lazy to move to other places.

I recently found that my last name comes from a moment in history in which the huns went to Spain, then the name traveled to Portugal.